BY LUSH #4 in Face Masks

Mask of Magnaminty isn’t technically a daily ‘facial wash’; it’s actually a deep cleansing face and back mask. China clay and fresh peppermint reach deep down to pull the debris from your pores, giving you that delightful tingly-clean sensation. We add loads of aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe. Our inventors created Mask of Magnaminty to be the ‘ultimate face mask’, intense but not harsh or abrasive on the skin. We recommend using Mask of Magnaminty weekly to keep the skin in good condition.

• Favorite masks from Lush??8 Answers
  • Would you recommend it for dry skin?3 Answers
  • My husband got me this face mask for christmas and it is amazing i ...2 Answers
Gauri S.
Gauri S.
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a new but effective good face mask. I came across this one Mask of Magnaminty. Reading the description it sounded amazing and it had great reviews. So I got it along with another product. I have used a lot of face mask over the years. Some expensive ones and some cheap ones. In my opinion this one is very fair priced for what it is. The day it was delivered I used it that night. To my surprise you only had to keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes. To me that's awesome. I always put my face mask on with a foundation brush so it's even on my face. After about 5 minutes you can actually feel it start to work and the product will start to dry on your face. After the 10 minutes is up I get in the shower to wash it off with a warm wash cloth. My skin feels so clean and smooth after I use the mask and after a few weeks so 2 mask I saw a huge difference in the size of my pores on my cheeks and nose. That right there alone made me fall in love with this mask. I have no black heads and my skin doesn't get dried out or oily through the week because this mask will absorb all the bad oils and dirt while filling my skin with all the great ingredients this mask consists if. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't know how that would effect that type of skin but I do know this is a face mask I will keep around for a very long time. I would highly recommend this to anyone and will repurchase before it's gone. Thus is one of my must have beauty products.
Charlotte P.
Charlotte P.
This product saved me!!! My prepubescent years got me going through a TON of facial products to get rid of pimples. I was feeling hopeless until someone recommended me "mask of magnaminty" from lush. The first time I tried it-- it cleared my skin tremendously!!! My pores never looked cleaner, my skin never felt so soft, and I've never seen my skin this clear since I was 12! I'm 18 now and this is, without a doubt, the BEST product for people who have sensitive and oily skin. I've always been afraid to try masks because every time I did my pimples got worse. But I tried it on a small area of my face first to see if my skin was going to react negatively to it but thank god it didn't! It felt so great on the skin, considering it is mint, so it feels cool and moisturizing. I absolutely love putting this product on!! I always keep it in the fridge because the coolness of it soothes the irritation that I have (sometimes) on my face. I can honestly say that this is the best!!
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I've been using this for weeks now. A little goes a long way and so I've barely made a dent in my large bottle. The cost is a bit high but nothing out of the realm of most face masks. The smell is a bit minty and you can feel that cooling mint on your skin but the smell and feel isn't overpowering and offensive. It is hard to get an even layer as it is so chunky and the chunks are so large it's hard to do anything with them after the mask has sat like exfoliate, etc. After weeks of using every other day I have not seen any difference in my dull, acne prone, extremely oily, red skin with large pores and this is the ultimate reason I'm giving this three stars. For the price I'd expect some sort of results eventually but I got nothing. I still use for the clean and pampering feeling but I've given up on getting results at this point.
Tiffany O.
Tiffany O.
Torrance, CA
This was my first LUSH buy and I absolutely love it ! I was having some acne issues and they just wouldn't go away I tried all kinds of masks. Finally went to lush and picked this up to help clean out my pipes to prevent acne. The mask itself is a bit hard to apply just because it does have stuff in it to exfoliate your skin. It smells nice, minty. When I put the mask on I can feel the little bit of tingle from the mint it feels very refreshing. So I left it on for 15 mins it starts to get dry and hard. Washed and massaged it off with warm water like it says and my face felt and looked so refreshed ! The scabs from picking at my pimples were all gone and my face looked clearer just after one use. I'm definitely making this a weekly thing cuz they don't recommend it as an everyday mask.
Brittany K.
Brittany K.
This is another lush product that I had heard so many good things about! I was really excited to try it. Once I got home though and tried to apply it, I was pretty disappointed. I just couldn't get past how clumpy it was and I had a hard time spreading it over my skin! It felt nice on the skin I did manage to cover. It has a nice, cooling feel to it, almost like I rubbed mud all over my face (which is what I looked like). If you're trying to terrorize your children and convince them you're a sea monster, then this is definitely the right mask for you! I really wanted to like it though! Thank goodness for lush's return policy. I was able to return my mask of magnaminty and purchase another amazing lush product!
Victoria T.
Victoria T.
Minneapolis, MN
Smells great, feels refreshing on skin but I personally didn't notice a difference on my skin if anything it made my skin break out over the use of about 2-3 months. I previously used drugstore skincare items and decided I wanted something more natural. I was disappointed to say the least, I really wanted to like and even love this one since I have heard of the great things LUSH does as a company but it just didn't work for my skin and I used it for a long time to wait and see if my skin just needed to get used to the product. I have skin with a mix of oily/dry areas, not horrible acne just the casual breakouts here and there but this made them happen much more often.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Issaquah, WA
This is an amazing face and body mask. If you are scared of the minty feeling on your skin, stay away from this because it sort of feels like it is burning you from the mint. It is a very refreshing cooling effect in my opinion though. I have extremely sensitive skin and haven't had any issues with reactions from this mask. It does make my face pretty red after washing it out, but I think that just means it's really doing it's job. The only complaint I have with this is how fast it expires, but that's what you get when you're working with natural ingredients! And I guess we should prefer that than putting weird chemicals on our faces and bodies anyways!
Lexie G.
Lexie G.
Lake Charles, LA
This is one of my favorite masks, I purchased the self preserving version with honey and it is a staple in my weekly skincare routine.

I am a bit of a mask junkie, and this is one of my favorites for calming redness, gently removing impurities, and leaving skin feeling nice and plump. I feel that the honey in the self-preserving version makes it more gentle for more sensitive skin, which is what I have. I have tried the regular version, and it is not my favorite. If you have more sensitive skin like I do, try the self-preserving version rather than the normal version and you will probably have fewer issues with burning or increased sensitivity after.
Emily L.
Emily L.
Riverside, CA
I really like this mask. It has a nice tingly and cooling feeling once applied on the face, and helps to tighten my face. I'm not entirely sure if it helped to combat my acne and redness, but my skin feels awesome after washing it off. It smells like mint chip ice cream, weirdly enough, lol.

NOTE: the self-preserving formula vs. the regular one is different. The self-preserving one has honey as a natural preservative in it to prolong its shelf life, which makes it feel different on the skin. I personally like the regular one for that cooling and tightening effect, whereas the self-preserving is more moisturizing and gentle.
Veronica P.
Veronica P.
Antioch, CA
I have really bad adult acne. I never had acne while I was a teenager but when I turned 18/19 I started getting really bad breakouts. I used almost every acne product and nothing would work. I finally went to lush about a year ago and asked if they had something for my skin. They recommend Mask of Magnaminty. Ever since I started using my acne has cleared up. I still get breakouts here and there but they are bringing compared to before. All the ingredients really make my skin feel fresh and clean. I love the minty smell it has! I would recommend this product to anyone who is having trouble with acne!
Katy M.
Katy M.
Greenville, VA
How does it smell?
Heather C.
Heather C.
Does it help with hormonal breakouts?
Cody M.
Cody M.
what age for a teen to start using this mask?
Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.
Does this mask help with getting ride of scaring on the face , does it exfoliate and hell with imperfections ?
Breanna D.
Breanna D.
Winnipeg, MB
How is this for dry skin? Is it to harsh?