BY LUSH #2 in Face Masks

Make dirt a distant memory

This tingly, minty face and body mask was formulated to be intensely cleansing but never harsh or abrasive. Kaolin clay and peppermint oil rid your pores of debris, giving you a delightfully tingly clean sensation. We add loads of ground aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe and moisturize.

• I haven’t really used Lush before but I have seen someone use thi...4 Answers
  • Would love to try How good is it?5 Answers
  • Do you see results ?!2 Answers
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
I first started using this face mask about ten years ago. I stopped using it for awhile when I discovered that Lush had some harmful preservatives in this mask. Thankfully, over the past several years, LUSH has listened to the voices and concerns of its customers and continues to create more and more products that are “self-preserving.” Which means that they have found natural ingredients that are capable of preserving the integrity and freshness of the ingredients in the product without using any harsh or toxic chemicals that would negate the good fo your skin ingredients in the product. This face mask was one of the first products that LUSH re-released in its self-preserving formula a few years or so ago. Ever since then, I use this face mask once to twice a week. Even though my daly skincare regimen of Tatcha, 111 Skin, Grown Alchemist, Kat Burki, and Dr. Sturm products contains a lovely deep cleansing rice enzyme powder from Tatcha that I use as my second cleansing step; it not only removes any remaining debris in my pores that my double cleanse might have missed, but it also mildly exfoliates and doubles as a toner. I love products that have multiple attributes. But anyway, I use this face mask twice a week to more deeply cleanse my face. It is a lovely green hue and has physical exfoliants in the mask, so once the mask dries, the physical exfoliant really helps to remove any dirt, oil, residual makeup, etc. and leaves your skin feeling and looking its best. It has an invigorating minty aroma that instantly lifts one’s mood and the results leave my skin smooth and radiant without feeling dried out or stripping my skin of its natural oils and moisture. I have sensitive, combination skin and this product doesn’t irritate my skin or cause me to break out. While I love their fresh face masks as well, since they are made with food grade ingredients and need to be refrigerated, their shelf life is too brief for me use up the tubs and/or justify the cost. Whereas this face mask of theirs includes a self-preserving formula, so I am able to use it for a much longer period of time and really get my money’s worth out of it. Even my fiancé is willing to occasionally partake in face masks with me when I am using this particular face mask. Perhaps it is because he finds the minty fragrance and green hue more “manly” than some of my other face masks, but regardless, this mask lives up to its claims and works wonders on a variety of skin types, age ranges, and genders. I have and will continue to recommend that everyone should keep at least the smaller jar of this face mask in your arsenal.
Sarah V.
phelan
Great Face Mask
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a new but effective good face mask. I came across this one Mask of Magnaminty. Reading the description it sounded amazing and it had great reviews. So I got it along with another product. I have used a lot of face mask over the years. Some expensive ones and some cheap ones. In my opinion this one is very fair priced for what it is. The day it was delivered I used it that night. To my surprise you only had to keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes. To me that's awesome. I always put my face mask on with a foundation brush so it's even on my face. After about 5 minutes you can actually feel it start to work and the product will start to dry on your face. After the 10 minutes is up I get in the shower to wash it off with a warm wash cloth. My skin feels so clean and smooth after I use the mask and after a few weeks so 2 mask I saw a huge difference in the size of my pores on my cheeks and nose. That right there alone made me fall in love with this mask. I have no black heads and my skin doesn't get dried out or oily through the week because this mask will absorb all the bad oils and dirt while filling my skin with all the great ingredients this mask consists if. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't know how that would effect that type of skin but I do know this is a face mask I will keep around for a very long time. I would highly recommend this to anyone and will repurchase before it's gone. Thus is one of my must have beauty products.
Marissa T.
Stillwater, MN
Alright folks! These pictures are before and after. First of all, I’d just like to say this is a review based off of a one time experience as I only have a sample. The mask is fun to put on, it glides pretty well. Right away you’ll feel a coolness, and if you walk anywhere, the breeze will hit your face like a freezer. As it dried, it got a little uncomfortable just like any hardening mask would. My face felt absolutely disgusting, as I just got back from my serving job, so I figured I’d do this mask. It definitely left my face feeling clean, but some parts that were raised like tiny little blemishes are actually already smaller after using this mask. My face already feels quite different. Again, I am only using it once so far, so as for long term pore shrinkage and stuff lite that, I can’t tell you much. But it’s definitely a mask I’d buy to use once a week. I can tell how it gets deep into my pores, because when it’s dry it looks like it sucked up everything in them. It’s a deep cleaning mask. I use cup o coffee for a general use mask. Anyways, this nice glow I got came from using LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Face and Body Cleanser, following with this mask, and then using Lush Tea Tree Water, and finishing with LUSH Imperialis Facial Moisturizer.
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
This is really such a great mask that I think can work for just about everyone. It's super gentle, and because it's all natural it works extremely well for people who have sensitive skin or allergies. I would highly recommend this to just about everyone honestly. Lush makes some great face masks but this is by far my favorite, I prefer it over all of their fresh face masks, and I've tried quite a few of them. One of the reasons I really love this (aside from how well it functions of course, which I'll be getting to) is that it doesn't expire as quickly as the fresh face masks do so I don't have to worry about spending the money on something that's going to expire in like a week or two. It smells really nice, like mint. It keeps your skin clean, clear, and fresh and because it also helps exfoliate your skin as you wash it off your skin looks super smooth after you use this mask. I don't consider this to be overly expensive, especially considering it's a product that is hand made from natural ingredients. If you're unsure about this then I would recommend that you try the small pot of it to see how you like it, but I can almost guarantee you'll be repurchasing and buying the large pot. Plus, it's cruelty free! What more could you ask for?!
Katie P.
Grand Rapids
Lush is not cheap, that's for sure. And there's a very good reason for that. Everything is made according to a specific recipe of natural, sometimes very difficult to find ingredients, then handmade in their warehouse before packaging for shipment. When you buy Lush, you are essentially buying a luxury, designer product. But most importantly, the vast majority of their products are worth every single cent. Sometimes more. This is true of their face masks especially.

A newer addition to the Lush lineup, the face masks are each individually designed for a set of specific skin types, issues and problems. My partcular favorite, which I am constantly restocking, is the Mask of Magnanimity. It is actually a rarity amony the face masks in that it addresses a range of issues, from acne to blackheads, and can be used on any type of skin, though dry skin gets the greatest result. Recently, Lush reissued the product with a slightly altered mix die to an issue with synthetic chemicals in the older recipe. This runs contrary to the very core of the company, as Lush has always been devoted to using naturally occurring ingredients without preservatives. This means most products have a use-by date. Always be sure to check and make sure your facial mask is still usable before applying Mask of Magnanimity. There should be a sticker attached to the bottom of the container.

Asfar as face masks go, this one is super easy to use, and extremely soothing. You can use it on your entire face, spot treat your face, or on your body. I have tried all three methods and found the face is best. Using it on your body wastes a ton of product and you just don't have the same kind of invigorating experience as when you are using it on your face.

The Mask of Magnanimity is my spot treatment go-to. If I feel even the slightest hint of a budding pimple, I will be certain to spot treat it that very night. I usually just leave it on as I sleep. A bit does flake off during the night, but it works wonders regardless. It has literally not once ever failed me. The stuff is like magic, I swear.

By far my favorite method, though, is traditional face mask, and this is what I recommend for any new users. The mask is gently exfoliating as you apply it. The ingredients include crushed aduki beans and primrose seeds, giving it that slight texture. It is not as harsh as most other methods. This is a specialty of Lush. Once the mask is smoothed over your entire face, sit back and enjoy a sllight, pleasant tingling sensation of cold warmth from the peppermint oil that is a major component. The scent clarifies and soothes as you breathe. It is truly an experience.

The mask is light, and stays that way throughout the 15 minutes it is designed to be kept on. I STRONGLY urge you to keep a timer and rinse on time. If you leave the mask on too long, it can begin to feel like it burns. Additionally, people with very sensitive skin should be cautious with this one. Try a small section of your face for 5-10 minutes before going gung ho the whole 15. The most active of the ingredients in this magical concoction is kaolin clay, which sucks all the toxins, and much of the oil, out of your pores. This can cause irritation for some. If you know you are prone to acne post-mask treatment, I recommend applying a light moisturizer post mask. For most people, however, a warm rinse, with gently massaging hands is enough. The mask leaves you with the glorious sensation of truly clean, pure, minty, cool, and slightly glowing skin. It looks and feels incredible.

Because the Mask of Magnanimity is so effective, I find it best for the simple deep clean 2-3 times a week at most. I do not want to accidentally overdry my skin. Experiment to find what is best for you.

Overall, the Mask of Magnaminty is an effective, lovely feeling, deeply cleansing mask. It is truly a hidden gem among facial products. I recommend it to just about ever person I know. (My brother steals my tub whenever he gets the chance.) I know you will love it just as much as I do.

You can buy the Mask of Magnaminty online or in store. Pick your method, and get a move on. Bliss awaits.
Em W.
Oakland, CA
LUSH Mask of Magnaminty feels fabulous and effectively gets rid of large whiteheads (but not small spots or blackheads). I should start off by saying that I have oily skin with some small zits, so I think this mask might make more of a difference if you have cystic acne.
First of all, the mask is super easy to apply. While it definitely has some chunks that are larger than what you might see in a typical face mask, they didn’t cause a problem.
The second thing I liked about this mask is that it mattified my skin. My face is constantly oily, and this mask seemed to remove that oil for about a day before it started to get bad again.
The third thing I liked about this mask is that it gets rid of large whiteheads. If you want to use this mask to clear a whitehead, leave it on for an hour or two INSTEAD of the recommended 5-10 minutes. I found that the mask was able to dry out those bigger pimples almost instantly.
Buy this mask! Your skin will thank you :)
Celeste k.
*this review is for the self-preserving version of this face mask*

This is hands down the best face mask I have ever tried! I have been struggling with acne for years (even after two sessions of Accutane/isothretinoin) and I honestly wish I had discovered this mask sooner. I love the concept behind Lush, but unfortunately I have extremely acne prone skin, which is why I avoid all products with almond oil or coconut oil, two ingredients that are commonly used in Lush products. Mask of Magnaminty does not contain either so I decided to give this a go and I am so happy I did! This mask soothes my breakouts, hydrates my skin, cleans my pores and makes my skin look so glowy! And it smells so nice! I love that the main ingredient is honey, which is antibacterial, and that it contains kaolin and bentonite, which are known for their purifying properties. I also like that no artificial preservatives whatsoever were added. This mask has earned its place in my skin care routine and it never ceases to amaze me... I reach for it a few times a week, leave it on for about ten minutes and it always manages to decrease my breakouts. After trying a small pot, I quickly moved on to buying a full size pot and I will most certainly repurchase. Don't let the price keep you from trying this mask, you actually get quite a lot of product, especially if you buy the full size pot.
Courtney M.
Folsom
My skin is typically oily and dry with minor acne. My skin is also very sensitive. I used this mask and immediately felt smooth skin! My acne was still there in the morning (obviously) but the redness and irritation had gone done excessively! My skin felt smooth and moisturized in the mornin! I loved this mask. I would definitely recommend and buy it again! If you are nervous to try this mask out, visit your local Lush store where they will not only test the products (on your hand) in front of you, you can also take home a sample! This is very useful to see if the mask will work for you or if you’re looking for something different!  LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Chloe S.
Iowa City, IA
If I could give this mask 6 stars I would, I absolutely love it. It feels so refreshing, and as soon as I wipe it off, I can feel how open my pores are and how clean my skin feels. I am so sad because I typically use it every other day (that's how gentle it is), but I am nearly out. I am trying to hold off on buying more until I finish one more container so that I can take advantage of the recycling program that LUSH has, where if you recycle 5 of their black plastic containers, you can get a free face mask. But overall, I would 100% recommend this product to everyone, but especially if you have troubled skin, you should try this!
Claire O.
Albion, MI
I have been searching for more and more face masks because I really have wanted to spend more quality time on my skin care.  My brother works at lush and purchased this for me for christmas.  I know that this mask is more on the expensive side, but definitely worth it.  I would recommend only using this at most about once a week.  I was starting to use it every other day because it was about to expire, but it dried out my skin and made me break out.  When I only used it on occasion, it was amazing.  I find that this really works well for relaxation and taking some well needed self care time.
Katy M.
GREENVILLE, VA
How does it smell?
Cody M.
what age for a teen to start using this mask?
Heather C.
Does it help with hormonal breakouts?
Jasmine A.
Does this mask help with getting ride of scaring on the face , does it exfoliate and hell with imperfections ?
Breanna D.
Winnipeg, MB
How is this for dry skin? Is it to harsh?