BY LUSH #2 in Face Masks

Make dirt a distant memory

This tingly, minty face and body mask was formulated to be intensely cleansing but never harsh or abrasive. Kaolin clay and peppermint oil rid your pores of debris, giving you a delightfully tingly clean sensation. We add loads of ground aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe and moisturize.

• Would love to try How good is it?5 Answers
  • Is it good for sensitive skin?3 Answers
  • How has this helped your skin? Does it cause any breakouts or help?3 Answers
Katie R.
Sanford, FL
I should probably start off with...I will ALWAYS recommend LUSH products. I am obsessed with skincare and especially love all natural products (extra points for environmentally conscious)! I have sensitive skin and since LUSH typically only uses natural ingredients, I rarely have anything go wrong. Now to what you came for, I especially love this mask. First of all, FYI, it is going to be messy..this isn’t like a sheet mask or peel off mask, this is good old fashion clay mask which to me, is way more fun! I like to use this while taking a bubble bath or 20 minutes before I hop into a shower because it makes cleanup much easier. And the feeling after you wipe it away is just heaven! I feel so clean and my skin feels tight and rejuvenated. There is some mint that adds to the tingly feeling while drying but adds to the fresh feeling once wiped away. I would definitely recommend this mask to any and all skin types. But use sparingly depending on your sensitivity because there is exfoliants in it and it could leave your skin feeling raw if used too much! Keep in mind that LUSH products do have expiration dates and aren’t super cheap so make sure your committed to using it frequently enough to get your money out of it. If you live near a location, you can test it out and smell it before you buy it which could help with your decision!
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is really such a great mask that I think can work for just about everyone. It's super gentle, and because it's all natural it works extremely well for people who have sensitive skin or allergies. I would highly recommend this to just about everyone honestly. Lush makes some great face masks but this is by far my favorite, I prefer it over all of their fresh face masks, and I've tried quite a few of them. One of the reasons I really love this (aside from how well it functions of course, which I'll be getting to) is that it doesn't expire as quickly as the fresh face masks do so I don't have to worry about spending the money on something that's going to expire in like a week or two. It smells really nice, like mint. It keeps your skin clean, clear, and fresh and because it also helps exfoliate your skin as you wash it off your skin looks super smooth after you use this mask. I don't consider this to be overly expensive, especially considering it's a product that is hand made from natural ingredients. If you're unsure about this then I would recommend that you try the small pot of it to see how you like it, but I can almost guarantee you'll be repurchasing and buying the large pot. Plus, it's cruelty free! What more could you ask for?!
Justine A.
Everett, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been experiencing bad hormonal breakouts on my forehead and jaw line so I wanted to look for a face mask that helped to not only clear my breakouts because also help with soothing my skin and helping to smooth out uneven skin tone from acne scaring and dark spots. I came across the mask of magnaminty because I went into lush looking for a bath bomb! The worker recommended me to try out the mask. She placed the mask on my hand first and then she rubbed the mask into my hand and rinsed it. My hand was so soft! I was sold on this mask! I put on the mask using a foundation brush to create an even amount on my face. I left the mask on for 10 minutes and started to feel the mask drying. I added water to my hand and rubbed the mask in circular motions softly into my skin while washing the mask off. I love the minty freshness smell that this mask has. Also that it has all NATURAL ingredients and that it hasn't been tested on animals. I love what lush is about and it's really about creating natural homemade products that work. This mask after ONE use cleared my acne. I'm not being dramatic or lying. I woke up the next morning and my skin was baby soft and the acne on my forehead was gone and the acne on my jawline was noticeably smaller! I was shocked because I've been around the block with trying masks that are inexpensive and expensive and this lush mask is soooo amazing! A stable mask for me!
Gaylen C.
Bowling Green, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this mask as a sample when I ordered online from Lush and I'm so glad that I did because I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise. First of all, it smells absolutely amazing. It smells and looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream. It has honey, kaolin clay, ground aduki beans, primrose seeds, and peppermint oil. Primrose is typically prized for its anti-aging properties and aduki beans are prized for their health benefits in cooking, particularly in Japan and China. In skin care, they work as a gentle exfoliant and remove dead and dry skin. Lush also has a few massage bars with whole aduki beans in them which are also amazing as aduki beans function as a muscle massager to stimulate circulation.

Now this mask is a bit messy and can be drying if you have very dry skin. I do have very dry skin and the mess doesn't bother me, but I tend to only use it once a week as a deep cleaning mask. It worked particularly well when I lived and worked in San Francisco since it's a particularly dirty, but amazing, city.

I wouldn't recommend this for more than once a week if your skin is dry like mine, but it definitely helps if you live somewhere that needs your skin to be purged of impurities every so often. I still use it now that I live in Kentucky because of how hot and humid the summers are here. That makes me sweat frequently and sweating is only good for your skin if you can immediately wash it, otherwise those impurities sweat pulls out of your skin are sucked right back into your pores to fester. So this is definitely a staple in my skincare routine now.
Megan m.
Brandon, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
This mask was/is everything!! If you don’t care for minty smells, or that tingly feeling I don’t really recommend this product to you. I bought this directly from the lush website ,since The closest lush is a ways away. When using this mask I could feel my skin tightening and getting cool as the mask hardened. It felt so good with the little seed things in it when I exfoliated it off my skin. Now it was really messy, so lay a towel out or something you don’t really care too much about. My skin was so clean and fresh after. If you have super dry skin, this is not a moisturizing mask, I feel like it’s to clarify and is good for acne. My sister used to use this as a body scrub in the shower. It being winter now, my skin is struggling , and haven’t used this product in a while, but when I did, I absolutely loved it. LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Celeste k.
Beauty Junkie Expert
*this review is for the self-preserving version of this face mask*

This is hands down the best face mask I have ever tried! I have been struggling with acne for years (even after two sessions of Accutane/isothretinoin) and I honestly wish I had discovered this mask sooner. I love the concept behind Lush, but unfortunately I have extremely acne prone skin, which is why I avoid all products with almond oil or coconut oil, two ingredients that are commonly used in Lush products. Mask of Magnaminty does not contain either so I decided to give this a go and I am so happy I did! This mask soothes my breakouts, hydrates my skin, cleans my pores and makes my skin look so glowy! And it smells so nice! I love that the main ingredient is honey, which is antibacterial, and that it contains kaolin and bentonite, which are known for their purifying properties. I also like that no artificial preservatives whatsoever were added. This mask has earned its place in my skin care routine and it never ceases to amaze me... I reach for it a few times a week, leave it on for about ten minutes and it always manages to decrease my breakouts. After trying a small pot, I quickly moved on to buying a full size pot and I will most certainly repurchase. Don't let the price keep you from trying this mask, you actually get quite a lot of product, especially if you buy the full size pot.
Jocelyn C.
I love this face mask. I have very oily skin and I use this mask often. It is thick but you can easily spread it all over your face. Once applied, it has a cooling effect on your face because of the mint in the mask. It feels really nice. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. I like to use it right before I do a full beat. It smooths my face and makes any makeup I put on top look great. The only reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is that one of the main reasons I use it is because it's supposed to minimize pores and it does help a little but not as much as I would like. That said, I would still recommend this product, I am constantly restocking it.
Sabrin H.
TL;DR:

A lightweight, leave-in lotion that'll give you waves — without crunch or grit.
ORIBE MATTE WAVES TEXTURE LOTION REVIEW

Oribe’s Matte Waves Texture Lotion is a minimalist’s dream. And by minimalist, I mean someone who can’t be bothered to put in any real effort with their hair, but expects it to look chic nonetheless.
My skincare routine is laborious, and my makeup routine is involved, but when it comes to my hair care regimen, for some unknown reason, I can only be bothered to shampoo and condition it. I don’t even blow it dry more than a few times a month (the few times I wash my hair during the day and can’t let it dry overnight).
Sade V.
Cleveland, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently went and splurged on a LUSH haul and I picked up the mask I have heard great things about! I literally fell in love instantly. This mask not only smelled good but it felt so good going on my face. It was a great consistency and not thin like ither masks I have tried! Also it made my face feel so refreshed and minty/cool while on my face. I recommend everyone to try this, I got the small jar just incase it didnr work out but I'm going back for the bigger tub! 😘
Elizabeth R.
Saint louis , MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to work at Lush. Everybody would gloss right over this mask in favor of the fresh mask bar that is located in the store. Let me say that everyone can benefit from this mask and glossing over it is a horrible mistake! This mask will make you feel refreshed, clean, and leave behind nothing but smooth skin. It is a wonderful minty scent that forces relaxation to take place. The only negative I can think of is how quickly it can expire, but you’ll end up loving this so much, you’ll be more concerned with running out too quickly than it going bad!
Katy M.
Greenville, VA
How does it smell?
Heather C.
Does it help with hormonal breakouts?
Cody M.
what age for a teen to start using this mask?
Jasmine A.
Does this mask help with getting ride of scaring on the face , does it exfoliate and hell with imperfections ?
Breanna D.
Winnipeg , MB
How is this for dry skin? Is it to harsh?