BY LUSH #2 in Face Masks

Make dirt a distant memory

This tingly, minty face and body mask was formulated to be intensely cleansing but never harsh or abrasive. Kaolin clay and peppermint oil rid your pores of debris, giving you a delightfully tingly clean sensation. We add loads of ground aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe and moisturize.

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
  • "I am a huge fan of this face mask. It always leaves my skin feeling feeling so soft and refreshed. I would say this is better for people with oily skin or clogged pores because it is deep cleaning and might be too drying or intense or someone with sensitive skin. I have combination skin and experience congestion and occasional breakouts so I really love this for my skin type. I've never had any irritation and love that the ingredients are all natural. Definitely would recommend and repurchase. " in 736 reviews
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
This is really such a great mask that I think can work for just about everyone. It's super gentle, and because it's all natural it works extremely well for people who have sensitive skin or allergies. I would highly recommend this to just about everyone honestly. Lush makes some great face masks but this is by far my favorite, I prefer it over all of their fresh face masks, and I've tried quite a few of them. One of the reasons I really love this (aside from how well it functions of course, which I'll be getting to) is that it doesn't expire as quickly as the fresh face masks do so I don't have to worry about spending the money on something that's going to expire in like a week or two. It smells really nice, like mint. It keeps your skin clean, clear, and fresh and because it also helps exfoliate your skin as you wash it off your skin looks super smooth after you use this mask. I don't consider this to be overly expensive, especially considering it's a product that is hand made from natural ingredients. If you're unsure about this then I would recommend that you try the small pot of it to see how you like it, but I can almost guarantee you'll be repurchasing and buying the large pot. Plus, it's cruelty free! What more could you ask for?!
ゆいmzk M.
Los Angeles
I purchased this mask because I read so many reviews stating that it was good for acne prone and congested skin.
I appreciate that Lush is natural and handmade so I decided to give it a try.
The smell is very fresh and minty (duh) and the texture is creamy although it does have bits of ingredients mixed throughout.
This did help with my congested pores but didn't do very much for my active acne spots. After washing the mask off my skin felt clean, but I kind of expect that from any clay mask and this was no exception.
It's a nice product, if a little pricey for the amount of product you get, and some might find it difficult to use within the time recommended (this is very natural without preservatives) and having to leave it in the fridge tends to make me forget to use it.
Overall it's a nice clay mask that doesn't exacerbate my sensitive acne prone skin, but I know there are other clay masks on the market that do more for my skin personally.
Em W.
Oakland, CA
LUSH Mask of Magnaminty feels fabulous and effectively gets rid of large whiteheads (but not small spots or blackheads). I should start off by saying that I have oily skin with some small zits, so I think this mask might make more of a difference if you have cystic acne.
First of all, the mask is super easy to apply. While it definitely has some chunks that are larger than what you might see in a typical face mask, they didn’t cause a problem.
The second thing I liked about this mask is that it mattified my skin. My face is constantly oily, and this mask seemed to remove that oil for about a day before it started to get bad again.
The third thing I liked about this mask is that it gets rid of large whiteheads. If you want to use this mask to clear a whitehead, leave it on for an hour or two INSTEAD of the recommended 5-10 minutes. I found that the mask was able to dry out those bigger pimples almost instantly.
Buy this mask! Your skin will thank you :)
Sarah V.
phelan
Great Face Mask
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a new but effective good face mask. I came across this one Mask of Magnaminty. Reading the description it sounded amazing and it had great reviews. So I got it along with another product. I have used a lot of face mask over the years. Some expensive ones and some cheap ones. In my opinion this one is very fair priced for what it is. The day it was delivered I used it that night. To my surprise you only had to keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes. To me that's awesome. I always put my face mask on with a foundation brush so it's even on my face. After about 5 minutes you can actually feel it start to work and the product will start to dry on your face. After the 10 minutes is up I get in the shower to wash it off with a warm wash cloth. My skin feels so clean and smooth after I use the mask and after a few weeks so 2 mask I saw a huge difference in the size of my pores on my cheeks and nose. That right there alone made me fall in love with this mask. I have no black heads and my skin doesn't get dried out or oily through the week because this mask will absorb all the bad oils and dirt while filling my skin with all the great ingredients this mask consists if. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't know how that would effect that type of skin but I do know this is a face mask I will keep around for a very long time. I would highly recommend this to anyone and will repurchase before it's gone. Thus is one of my must have beauty products.
Celeste k.
*this review is for the self-preserving version of this face mask*

This is hands down the best face mask I have ever tried! I have been struggling with acne for years (even after two sessions of Accutane/isothretinoin) and I honestly wish I had discovered this mask sooner. I love the concept behind Lush, but unfortunately I have extremely acne prone skin, which is why I avoid all products with almond oil or coconut oil, two ingredients that are commonly used in Lush products. Mask of Magnaminty does not contain either so I decided to give this a go and I am so happy I did! This mask soothes my breakouts, hydrates my skin, cleans my pores and makes my skin look so glowy! And it smells so nice! I love that the main ingredient is honey, which is antibacterial, and that it contains kaolin and bentonite, which are known for their purifying properties. I also like that no artificial preservatives whatsoever were added. This mask has earned its place in my skin care routine and it never ceases to amaze me... I reach for it a few times a week, leave it on for about ten minutes and it always manages to decrease my breakouts. After trying a small pot, I quickly moved on to buying a full size pot and I will most certainly repurchase. Don't let the price keep you from trying this mask, you actually get quite a lot of product, especially if you buy the full size pot.
Devika D.
Emeryville, CA
This mask works really well with my sensitive skin, and exfoliates really nicely. While I prefer the fresh masks from LUSH, I usually have one of these on-hand, in case my fresh masks run out before I have time to go back to the store. As one of their few self-preserving masks, it doesn't have to be refrigerated, which makes it super convenient for a pick-me-up during long trips as well.

In general, I LOVE LUSH! Their products are sustainable, cruelty-free, and they choose the sources of their natural ingredients carefully, to ensure that workers at all levels of production/sourcing are treated fairly. Plus, I've never found a product that my skin hasn't loved. If you haven't been to LUSH, you should definitely put this mask on your list of things to try!
Jennifer L.
With having sensitive skin, and needing a mask that’ll last longer than the refrigerated ones- the lady at Lush pointed me to this one. I fell in love with it! It leaves my skin feeling nice and soft, and not to mention how delicious it smells. It’s always hard to find a mask that won’t trigger acne, or cause redness- and this mask did just the trick. Lush isn’t cheap, but their products are great quality and vital for people who have sensitive skin like me!
Erykah M.
I absolutely LOVE this face mask. When I have the funds to spoil myself this is definitely my go to. First of all the smell is amazing (I love mint lol) and for some reason I really like having a texture to my face masks. It helps exfoliate my skin, while tightening and deep cleansing it. I would use this mask at most two times a week. No more than that, for one because it’s kind of pricey and two I didn’t want to do too much to my face with so many different products. I’d definitely recommend, you can even get a sample before actually purchasing. If you do decide to go with this mask invest in the largest size but also be mindful that these masks are made from ingredients that can expire and/or spoil if not stored properly.
Lee Ann H.
This mask is lovely it's personally a nice treat yourself after a long stressful week. This product cool, relaxes and exfoliate the face. This product in my opinion is rather pricey for a mask, however LUSH MASKS are known for this natural products making them guarantee to be healthy for the skin. This is an awesome mask to get one of your close friends who into skincare or masks. If you have never had a LUSH mask before I would say try this one first this mask is pretty gentle and a good starter, also a LUSH favorite. If you want to try or give a gift this is the mask to pick. I know I have dry-conbo skin type and it works on my friend who has oily/acene prone skin type, so this product good for most skin stypes.
Alexa✨ F.
Olympia
This is my all time favorite face mask! I have tried countless face masks in the past, but they've always seemed to cover up blemishes and clogged pores, leaving the dirt and flaws to emerge later. This mask doesn't do that! It actually digs deep and REMOVES the dirt and build up, leaving you looking just as clean and clear and your skin actually is! I have been using this product over the last year and a half or so and have purchased three large pots of it so far. I plan to continue buying and using it as long as I can because of the lasting effect it has had. (PRO TIP: follow up this mask with  LUSH Breath of Fresh Air Toner to leave your skin looking and feeling AMAZING!)
Katy M.
GREENVILLE, VA
How does it smell?
Cody M.
what age for a teen to start using this mask?
Heather C.
Does it help with hormonal breakouts?
Jasmine A.
Does this mask help with getting ride of scaring on the face , does it exfoliate and hell with imperfections ?
Breanna D.
Winnipeg, MO
How is this for dry skin? Is it to harsh?