BY LUSH #2 in Face Masks

Make dirt a distant memory

This tingly, minty face and body mask was formulated to be intensely cleansing but never harsh or abrasive. Kaolin clay and peppermint oil rid your pores of debris, giving you a delightfully tingly clean sensation. We add loads of ground aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe and moisturize.

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
  • "I am a huge fan of this face mask. It always leaves my skin feeling feeling so soft and refreshed. I would say this is better for people with oily skin or clogged pores because it is deep cleaning and might be too drying or intense or someone with sensitive skin. I have combination skin and experience congestion and occasional breakouts so I really love this for my skin type. I've never had any irritation and love that the ingredients are all natural. Definitely would recommend and repurchase. " in 736 reviews
Em W.
Oakland, CA
LUSH Mask of Magnaminty feels fabulous and effectively gets rid of large whiteheads (but not small spots or blackheads). I should start off by saying that I have oily skin with some small zits, so I think this mask might make more of a difference if you have cystic acne.
First of all, the mask is super easy to apply. While it definitely has some chunks that are larger than what you might see in a typical face mask, they didn’t cause a problem.
The second thing I liked about this mask is that it mattified my skin. My face is constantly oily, and this mask seemed to remove that oil for about a day before it started to get bad again.
The third thing I liked about this mask is that it gets rid of large whiteheads. If you want to use this mask to clear a whitehead, leave it on for an hour or two INSTEAD of the recommended 5-10 minutes. I found that the mask was able to dry out those bigger pimples almost instantly.
Buy this mask! Your skin will thank you :)
Sarah V.
phelan
Great Face Mask
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a new but effective good face mask. I came across this one Mask of Magnaminty. Reading the description it sounded amazing and it had great reviews. So I got it along with another product. I have used a lot of face mask over the years. Some expensive ones and some cheap ones. In my opinion this one is very fair priced for what it is. The day it was delivered I used it that night. To my surprise you only had to keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes. To me that's awesome. I always put my face mask on with a foundation brush so it's even on my face. After about 5 minutes you can actually feel it start to work and the product will start to dry on your face. After the 10 minutes is up I get in the shower to wash it off with a warm wash cloth. My skin feels so clean and smooth after I use the mask and after a few weeks so 2 mask I saw a huge difference in the size of my pores on my cheeks and nose. That right there alone made me fall in love with this mask. I have no black heads and my skin doesn't get dried out or oily through the week because this mask will absorb all the bad oils and dirt while filling my skin with all the great ingredients this mask consists if. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't know how that would effect that type of skin but I do know this is a face mask I will keep around for a very long time. I would highly recommend this to anyone and will repurchase before it's gone. Thus is one of my must have beauty products.
Celeste k.
*this review is for the self-preserving version of this face mask*

This is hands down the best face mask I have ever tried! I have been struggling with acne for years (even after two sessions of Accutane/isothretinoin) and I honestly wish I had discovered this mask sooner. I love the concept behind Lush, but unfortunately I have extremely acne prone skin, which is why I avoid all products with almond oil or coconut oil, two ingredients that are commonly used in Lush products. Mask of Magnaminty does not contain either so I decided to give this a go and I am so happy I did! This mask soothes my breakouts, hydrates my skin, cleans my pores and makes my skin look so glowy! And it smells so nice! I love that the main ingredient is honey, which is antibacterial, and that it contains kaolin and bentonite, which are known for their purifying properties. I also like that no artificial preservatives whatsoever were added. This mask has earned its place in my skin care routine and it never ceases to amaze me... I reach for it a few times a week, leave it on for about ten minutes and it always manages to decrease my breakouts. After trying a small pot, I quickly moved on to buying a full size pot and I will most certainly repurchase. Don't let the price keep you from trying this mask, you actually get quite a lot of product, especially if you buy the full size pot.
Kristel M.
Sunny Isl Bch, FL
Everything Lush makes is fantastic! I recently became acquainted with it and now every time I get a chance I’m always buying great stuff from them. This product in particular is amazing, I love that it’s great for both your face and body and not harsh at all. My skin definitely feels the difference from before and after I use this. Leaves you feeling brand new, skin super silky and takes care of all the dirt and big pores on your face. Highly recommended.
Becca M.
I’ve never tried a product from Lush that I didn’t love but this is one of my favorites. I have combination skin and I always worry about something drying out my skin but thankfully this mask doesn’t! It’s cooling but soothing and I love the way it makes my skin feel afterwards. This mask helps exfoliate your skin but isn’t harsh in any way. You can really feel this mask working after a few minutes and after washing it off my skin feels so incredibly smooth and clean and you can really see the difference. My pores definitely looked clear and even looked a bit smaller after a few uses.
Devika D.
Emeryville, CA
This mask works really well with my sensitive skin, and exfoliates really nicely. While I prefer the fresh masks from LUSH, I usually have one of these on-hand, in case my fresh masks run out before I have time to go back to the store. As one of their few self-preserving masks, it doesn't have to be refrigerated, which makes it super convenient for a pick-me-up during long trips as well.

In general, I LOVE LUSH! Their products are sustainable, cruelty-free, and they choose the sources of their natural ingredients carefully, to ensure that workers at all levels of production/sourcing are treated fairly. Plus, I've never found a product that my skin hasn't loved. If you haven't been to LUSH, you should definitely put this mask on your list of things to try!
Erykah M.
Chicago , IL
I absolutely LOVE this face mask. When I have the funds to spoil myself this is definitely my go to. First of all the smell is amazing (I love mint lol) and for some reason I really like having a texture to my face masks. It helps exfoliate my skin, while tightening and deep cleansing it. I would use this mask at most two times a week. No more than that, for one because it’s kind of pricey and two I didn’t want to do too much to my face with so many different products. I’d definitely recommend, you can even get a sample before actually purchasing. If you do decide to go with this mask invest in the largest size but also be mindful that these masks are made from ingredients that can expire and/or spoil if not stored properly.
Ashley T.
Brooklyn, NY
I have the self preserving version of this product. And I'm soo glad I have it. With this version I can get more uses out of this mask. And I don't have to store this mask in the fridge. This is an exfoliating clay mask. It has kaolin clay (cleansing), aduki beans (exfoliant) , and peppermint oil (cooling/tingly effect) in it. I love how this mask has multiple purposes. You get more for the money you spent. After using this mask my face feels soo clean. This mask doesn't dry out your face either. In a few days my skin cleared up. I recommend this mask to everyone (except if you have really sensitive skin maybe). The beans are large so it may be uncomfortable for others. This mask is one of my favorite's from Lush.
Emmy L.
Lush of Magnaminty is one of the most famous masks by Lush. Most people have heard or used this mask, especially people with acne. I have been struggling with acne for years. I have used this mask for years. I like the Lush of Magnaminty more than the self-preserving one because it dries out faster and makes me feel cleaner. When I use the regular one, I feel like it pulls out more dirt and sebum. When it dries out completely, I wash my face. The self-preserving does not dry out completely so I have to watch the time to wash my face. I always use this mask before taking shower because it is very messy to remove the mask. I use it twice or three times a week. It makes me feel relaxed and clean. The mask cannot cure the acne, especially the severe acnes. You may not be able to clear your face by using this mask only. It is just an extra step in your skincare routine. It just helps pulling out the oil and dirt on your faces. It also calms the acne down with vanilla and honey. You should not leave it over 30 minutes because it will dry your face out. Sometimes, I use this mask as an acne spot treatment overnight. It helps to reduce the size of the acne when I wake up in the morning. I only use it as a spot treatment when I have a really big acne. I love this face mask because it is not as harsh as other clay face masks.
Courtney M.
Folsom, CA
My skin is typically oily and dry with minor acne. My skin is also very sensitive. I used this mask and immediately felt smooth skin! My acne was still there in the morning (obviously) but the redness and irritation had gone done excessively! My skin felt smooth and moisturized in the mornin! I loved this mask. I would definitely recommend and buy it again! If you are nervous to try this mask out, visit your local Lush store where they will not only test the products (on your hand) in front of you, you can also take home a sample! This is very useful to see if the mask will work for you or if you’re looking for something different!  LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
Katy M.
Greenville, VA
How does it smell?
Cody M.
what age for a teen to start using this mask?
Heather C.
Does it help with hormonal breakouts?
Breanna D.
Winnipeg, MB
How is this for dry skin? Is it to harsh?
Jasmine A.
Does this mask help with getting ride of scaring on the face , does it exfoliate and hell with imperfections ?