LUSH Magical Moringa

by LUSH

From South America we heard whispers of rose hip oil‎; tales of argan oil from Morocco and the chatter of moringa in Ghana. We don't believe there's a miraculous youth elixir out there, but uniting the world's most renowned beauty oils certainly creates a little magic. Together with Ghanaian shea from the Ojoba Women's Shea Cooperative, this pot of loveliness moisturizes and primes the skin at the same time leaving it feeling velvety and looking matte.

How does this product work to moisturize the skin? Is it heavy or greasy?
Loving Lush products and was super into the magical moringa initially, but now I'm finding that it leaves a powdery residue everywhere, especially when I touch things after applying even though I rinse my hands off. Anybody else having this issue or have any advice? I don't really want to return it, but not sure I can deal with the mess. LUSH Magical Moringa
I recently bought lush magical moringa and my first time using it my makeup would not stick to my face, is there something I should be doing to make it work better?
Start your review of LUSH Magical Moringa!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“This stuff is amazing I love all of lush cosmetics it's my favorite store of all time I have semi sensitive skin and this product works great on my skin I have acne prone skin so this product is amazing for that, the packaging is always cute! I'll definitely be buying again.” in reviews
Durango, CO
I've really tried to like this product, because I have yet to find a LUSH product I didn't love. But, I think the problem lies with the difficulty in getting this product to actually emulsify into a oil or cream. Also, it's touted as a priming moisturizer, but it doesn't actually moisturize. It's packaged as a waxy formula that your supposed to warm up in your hand to a cream/oil. The problem is, even though it may warm up to an oil, when you put it on, it's hard to actually spread/wipe on your face. Then, when you do, it can leave a cakey/crumbly texture on your fact that is visible once you put makeup on. It does help as a primer. But, frankly, I would stick with you fave moisturizer and primer rather than hoping this will do the trick.
Newcastle, OK
I’m still conflicted on how I feel about this product. It works great, but It’s first ingredient is corn starch, which when exposed to moisture (sweat) can breed fungal or bacterial substances, which can lead to breakouts & inflammation. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do, it’s a mattifying primer, but I just can’t get past the problems the corn starch presents.
Florida
Sick of putting on foundation or powder everyday? TRY THIS!!! If I am doing errands or going to class, I always have this on. It makes your skin look polished and smooth. It feels like nothing is on your skin, but you can see a total difference. Because of this product, I never really have to put foundation on during the day.
st.paul
This product is quite strange. When you rub it into your hands it feels like an oil, but once it is sitting on your face it becomes incredibly matte. It almost feels like there’s cornstarch on your face. I did not find this to be hydrating whatsoever and instead made me breakout. This product was not a hit for me...
Apopka, FL
I received a small sample of this in a gift set for Christmas and I am really enjoying it! It helps to blur your skin for a matte effect and makes your skin look very smooth and moisturized. I love to use it after cleansing and applying toner & moisturizer and then applying foundation afterwards.
Jackson, MS
I tried this product about 2 years ago but was very iffy on the price. Well, I finally decided to treat myself and I am so glad that I did! My skin has been extremely oily my entire life and I found that a lot of primers break my face out. This stuff actually keeps my skin very matte throughout the whole day! Now, it is also marketed as a primer, but a lot of reviews I have read said that it made foundation patchy. The first time I tried it my foundation was very patchy, but I have found through trial and error that if I let it sink into my skin for 5-10 minutes before doing my makeup it is perfect as a primer. This is honestly the first product I've used that has kept my makeup from melting off of my face after 2 hours. Definitely planning to purchase again! LUSH Magical Moringa
Perth Amboy, NJ
I like this product, and it has worked for me, however I’m not sure it’s my favorite. It has a greasy and thicker consistency, however it leaves the skin with a matte finish, so I’d recommend this for those with oily skin. Also, smells really good!
Milwaukee
Doesn’t work well as just a moisturizer, very dry and leaves a matte finish to the face. I would recommend it more as a primer for make up so you can use moisturizer under it. Would not recommend as a moisturizer.
Absolutely love this stuff! Melts right into the skin when applied and provides perfect amount of moisture without feeling sticky or greasy. Leaves skin feeling SO smooth and also smells really good too!
Haines City, FL
Got a sample of this while at LUSH, thinking about going back to them for some skincare. Kind of an impulse, but I am LOVING it. Since my skin is very dry I’m using it over a moisturizer, not alone, though it does have a lot of moisture for primer. Silky, locks in moisture for the day, greatly reduces visible pore size. Pleasant scent but not too heavy. Wearable alone, very smooth under liquid foundation. I like this better than Tatcha at a fraction of the price! Will be purchasing.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a 7 mois
Desiree M. • il y a 7 mois
That’s very odd. I have used 2 containers of it and never had that issue...Maybe you could contact LUSH customer support and see if they have any ideas. Maybe slowly, and carefully melting it and mixing it up again really well then putting it in the fridge, would reincorporate the powder properly. You may want to try LUSH Amazon Primer next time. It’s similar but does not feel like there is as much powder in it. Hope this helps! Good luck! 🍀
il y a 2 ans
Natalie V. • il y a 2 ans
I absolutely love it! I have combination skin, and it is THE BEST!