LUSH Magical Moringa

by LUSH

From South America we heard whispers of rose hip oil‎; tales of argan oil from Morocco and the chatter of moringa in Ghana. We don't believe there's a miraculous youth elixir out there, but uniting the world's most renowned beauty oils certainly creates a little magic. Together with Ghanaian shea from the Ojoba Women's Shea Cooperative, this pot of loveliness moisturizes and primes the skin at the same time leaving it feeling velvety and looking matte.

How does this product work to moisturize the skin? Is it heavy or greasy?
Loving Lush products and was super into the magical moringa initially, but now I'm finding that it leaves a powdery residue everywhere, especially when I touch things after applying even though I rinse my hands off. Anybody else having this issue or have any advice? I don't really want to return it, but not sure I can deal with the mess. LUSH Magical Moringa
I recently bought lush magical moringa and my first time using it my makeup would not stick to my face, is there something I should be doing to make it work better?
Start your review of LUSH Magical Moringa!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
This stuff is amazing I love all of lush cosmetics it's my favorite store of all time I have semi sensitive skin and this product works great on my skin I have acne prone skin so this product is amazing for that, the packaging is always cute! I'll definitely be buying again.in reviews
Ana M.
Suwanee, GA
LUSH Magical Moringa uploaded by Ana M.
I have incredibly oily skin and have thus tried just about every moisturizer out there in the hopes that it won't add to the problem. This is BY FAR the best I've come by at keeping my face moisturized, but not at all oily. The consistency of Magical Moringa is definitely unique...not liquidy or even moussey, it remains fairly solid until you rub it together on your fingers. When you put it on your face it feels more like you're putting on a powder than anything, but there is no visibility of it on your face if that makes sense—it completely rubs in and disappears, giving you a matte finish. It lasts quite a long time because of this...I used to always wake up with really oily skin, but ever since I've started using Magical Moringa at night as well, I wake up with a nice and smooth, properly moisturized face. I've also found that it's a great primer for those reasons as well. All in all, if you've got oily/combination skin and are sick of moisturizers only making it worse, try this!!!
Val G.
Emmaus, PA
This stuff is really cool. It starts out creamy and then gets kind of greasy as you start rubbing it into the skin and then becomes completely matte. It makes your skin super matte but hydrated. It’s great for under makeup or alone.
Leticia L.
BURLINGTON, MA
LUSH Magical Moringa uploaded by Leticia L.
This amazing primer can be used as a moisturizer too! it leaves the skin velvety and looking matte. Contains rose hip oil‎, argan oil from Morocco, shea buetter and moringa.  The mixture of these beauty oils brings in moisture but somehow primes the skin for makeup and keeps me matte all day long. You only need a little bit, I simply warm it between my fingers until it melts a bit and then dab all over my face concentrating on my T-zone after cleansing.
Izabel H.
Cherry Hill, NJ
This is my go to makeup primer. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized but also matte which I love. My skin feels so smooth and velvety after I put this on! I love it and have repurchased it many times!
Erin A.
Durango, CO
I've really tried to like this product, because I have yet to find a LUSH product I didn't love. But, I think the problem lies with the difficulty in getting this product to actually emulsify into a oil or cream. Also, it's touted as a priming moisturizer, but it doesn't actually moisturize. It's packaged as a waxy formula that your supposed to warm up in your hand to a cream/oil. The problem is, even though it may warm up to an oil, when you put it on, it's hard to actually spread/wipe on your face. Then, when you do, it can leave a cakey/crumbly texture on your fact that is visible once you put makeup on. It does help as a primer. But, frankly, I would stick with you fave moisturizer and primer rather than hoping this will do the trick.
Tori N.
Dallas, TX
Honestly I hate that I love this product because of the price but it's amazing !! It's perfect for rehydrating your face, but it leaves your skin with a wonderful matte/smooth feeling !! This is awesome as a makeup primer or even just as a plain moisturizer. I incorporate this into my nightly routine to bring some moisture back into my face after I use my cleanser!
Kristi T.
2,124 reviews
I used to use this all the time. It’s a moisturizer/primer all in one. As soon as you apply it, it absorbs right in. I’d say this works better as a primer because it definitely dries down matte. It’s good for filling pores as well.
Dominique M.
Des Plaines, IL
I did not expect lush to have a makeup primer. I tried a sample and it was okay. It smells strongly of licorice and it takes a while for the product to go from solid to liquid and emulsify. It does not go onto my skin well and I feel like I have to stretch my skin to get it on. I didn't notice anything special while it was underneath my makeup. I would get a sample and try it first!
Leah Anne C.
I tried this Magical Moringa for a couple of weeks and I really like how it mattifies my face while moisturizing. It starts oily while applying but turns into a powdery finish. I like how it smells too. However, 1) it gets super greasy on my t-zone after a while and 2) as a moisturizer/primer, it does not blen well together with other products that I put on my face whenever I want to put on some makeup (example: concealer, sunscreen). They either slide off my skin or clump together. I really wanted this to work so I can use it regularly, but considering the above cons, I am not sure.
Amanda H.
This is my favorite product from lush. My skin feels unbelievable after using this. I love how it primes and moisturizes the face. The container is pretty impressive for only $25. Absolute favorite. Will throw out all other moisturizers and primers for this.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Jennifer L.
il y a 2 ans
Desiree M. il y a 2 ans
That’s very odd. I have used 2 containers of it and never had that issue...Maybe you could contact LUSH customer support and see if they have any ideas. Maybe slowly, and carefully melting it and mixing it up again really well then putting it in the fridge, would reincorporate the powder properly. You may want to try LUSH Amazon Primer next time. It’s similar but does not feel like there is as much powder in it. Hope this helps! Good luck! 🍀
Allyson C.
South Windsor, CT
il y a 3 ans
Natalie V. il y a 3 ans
I absolutely love it! I have combination skin, and it is THE BEST!