BY LUSH #65 in Facial Cleansers

Battling with oily, troubled skin? Cleanse with the power of herbs. Our gentle green giant has an exfoliating, deep-cleansing base of kaolin clay and rice bran to mop up excess oils, and a toning blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile to leave skin feeling fresh, clean and calm. Herbalism gets its color from chlorophyllin, which is extracted from alfalfa plants: it’s rich in nourishing vitamins and minerals and helps to balance out your skin’s oil production. Say hello to clear, balanced skin!

How to use: Take a small amount in your hand, add a little water and mix into a paste. Massage into skin to gently cleanse, then rinse clean. Use all over your body for soft skin everywhere!

ingredients

Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis) Kaolin Glycerine Nettle, Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract (Urtica dioica, Rosmarinus officinalis) Rice Bran (Oryza sativa) Water (Aqua) Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla) Sage Oil (Salvia officinalis) Fragrance Chlorophyllin (Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• Is this one good for oily skin?5 Answers
  • LUSH Herbalism Face and Body Cleanser Have you seen a dif...3 Answers
  • I have acne prone combination skin , will this product wo...2 Answers
LUSH Herbalism Face and Body Cleanser
  • "About 2 months ago I began to break out terribly. I started using Cetaphil face wash and that began to work. Then I started using Herbalism after I washed my face and have not had a pimple since. I recommend this to everyone with acne. I'm not so sure if this will be great for sensitive skin but it is all natural and organic and AMAZING!!" in 117 reviews
Brittany M.
Collegeville, PA
I will always review this one time and time again. I have been using this facial cleanser for about five years now and I have switched between this and Dark Angels. This one is always my favorite. I have never been one to have acne prone skin, but this will always take away most of the random zits that pop up on my face. It’s not the most amazing smelling cleanser out there but it definitely works and after five years I can attest to the fact that it’s kept my face decently clear aside from one or two zits that pop up around my period.
Mare R.
I loooove this cleanser. It makes me feel so clean without feeling like the moisture from my skin is completely gone, like others do. It’s a little exfoliating, which is really nice, but it definitely doesn’t make this cleanser harsh. I haven’t been using it long enough to rate how it does for breakouts, but I know the vinegar is an ingredient because it’s supposed to help the appearance of pores or something. The only thing I’d have to say is that it’s a little pricey, and that could be a problem for me because I like using a healthy amount each time.
Natalie G.
Phoenix
I think this product could be good for other people, but it just doesn't work for my face. I have combo skin with hormonal acne breakouts and Herbalism felt like it left an oily residue on my face and actually made my acne worse and my face more shiny. I think it would be gentle and nourishing for people with dry/sensitive skin looking for a gentle exfoliant. I like the way it smells, but prefer my face to feel totally clean and my pores clear (I use tea tree soap now) before my facial oil or night cream.
Cody S.
Pikeville, NC
I use this on my face everyday in the shower. It is great and lasts a long time. This makes it a little easier to spend the extra money for this product. I bought this from a Lush store. Since I only use it to wash my face, I usually get the smallest amount I can. I cannot normally use it all before it expires, which is a bit of a con. I continue to use it past expiration and have never had a problem. I have been using this for over 3 years.
Ericka B.
Brooklyn, NY
I have been using this for two weeks now and I can already see the results on my skin! As somebody with really delicate skin, I can confidently vouch for herbalism. Though it felt pricey at first, it comes with a lot of product! I have not even made a dent in it yet and I have been using it twice daily now. It soothes my skin and is really helping clear it up as well, will definitely repurchase as soon as mine is done!
It's J.
Northvale, NJ
I really loved using this cleanser. It really helped me deal w acne flare ups when I was in middle school and during the early years of high school. It really helped clear up my face and left it feeling supple soft and look radiant. The only annoying part is that there is a small “purge” period where you will break out but it’s not because the product is irritating your skin but because it’s allowing your skin to get rid of the underlying pimples. The smell is unique and very natural/herby smelling but I liked it. It’s annoying to use as it’s a paste that you mix with a little water to create a more spreadable paste. It doesn’t foam so it may feel like it isn’t cleansing. I find that this is good to use from time to time and not as a daily cleanser as it doesn’t remove makeup or really purify the skin. It’s a great supplemental or as necessary cleanser.
Jennifer A.
Roseville, MI
This is a great natural cruelty free face and body cleanser it exfoliates and if you have oily acne prone skin this works fabulously it cleanses really nice and leaves skin super clean and not greasy or dry. The smell is a bit earthy nutty and herbal. It is a bit on the pricey side but a lot of Lush products are a bit more pricier but worth it since they use natural ingredients and are cruelty free.
Jennifer K.
Fresno, CA
This is a staple in my skincare routine. I cannot go without it! I have combo oily skin, so buildup accumulates easily on my forehead and my cheeks from oil and other junk! This scrub makes my face feel so clean and smooth afterwards! I have to use it daily otherwise my face doesn’t feel clean. I also notice my face is a lot smoother after use. The only thing I do not like is the smell, it has such and odd odor. I don’t know how to describe the smell other than it is odd and may bother some people. That’s why I’m rating this 4 stars. But the smell is something I’m willing to disregard when it comes to this product!
Irene M.
University Place
First of all, I never really spent time and money on my face because I have never really had really bad skin at least I thought so. Let me start off by saying my face suddenly looking noticeably horrible with blemishes and my skin wasn’t at its best, walked into lush and this was part of a daily skin routine. I don’t know if it’s the combination of this and grease lightening that made my face absolutely clear with in a month. It’s a great product because you can control how much you dish out and how much water you want to apply to the product! It’s hard to explain but if you walk into Lush and as for herbalism you will understand exactly what I’m trying to say.I love the product!!! It’s not only a cleanser but an exfoliator as well, it’s really light and leaves my skin feeling refresh
Rebecca J.
Kent, OH
I’ve been using this product from LUSH for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it! This calms the redness in my skin and keeps my oil at bay. I will say this does dry out my face a fair amount but I am on the more oily side so I don’t mind. Especially with using a moisturizer after. The scrub is also very nice and not too harsh on the skin, I use this every day!
Sydney P.
Winnipeg, MB
is this one only good for oily skin?
Elizabeth C.
Is this product good for dry skin?
McKenna F.
Winsted, MN
What does this smell like? It is good for dry skin?
Virginia v.
Is this one good for oily skin?
Jessica B.
I've just started using this product. It's the first facial cleanser from Lush that I have purchased. How soon do you see improvement with acne?