BY LUSH #37 in Facial Cleansers

Grease Lightning is a powerful combination of ingredients that will nip any breakouts in the bud without upsetting the skin around them. We use an infusion of antibacterial and antiseptic rosemary, thyme and tea tree, as well as antioxidant-rich grape juice and witch hazel, which is astringent and anti-inflammatory and is said to soothe redness. This product is ideally applied when you feel a spot is about to erupt - prevention is better than cure.

ingredients

Thyme, Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion Water (Aqua) Aloe Vera Gel Fresh Sea Water Grape Juice Carrageenan Extract Lavender Oil Witch Hazel Extract *Limonene Perfume Methylparaben

• Is this product good for acne prone skin, really? I use t...1 Answers
  • does this get rid of tiny acne bumps on forehead 1 Answers
  • How long does this bottle last?2 Answers
LUSH Grease Lightning Tea Tree Cleanser
  • "One of my go to products from lush. All though I do not use it as a spot treatment I use it all over my face. I use a pump and apply a thin layer to my whole face. I suffer from adult acne and have this is my skin care regiment and have used it for a coupe a years. The product last a while so little goes a long way. One bottle will last me about 4-6 months and that me using it every night. Must have if your face suffers from acne. Great for sensitive skin does not over dry or burn what so every. " in 35 reviews
Courtney W.
I have dry skin and this DOES NOT dry me out! My skin has been freaking out for the past week. I tried a new foundation, and needless to say it’s a no-go. I ran into Lush last night looking for something to help my skin. I decided to try this because I could put it all over if I needed to, to really unclog everything. Last night I took off my makeup with 9 to 5, used Just to Clarify, Eau Roma Water, then this with Full of Grace over top. My face looked light years better this morning. Since my skin tends to get used to products, I won’t use this every day, but when my skin needs a re-boot this will be my go to!
jocelyn l.
This is a great more natural spot treatment that contains Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, and tea tree oil that are great components for acne and stubborn spots. This dries up to a matte finish and is good if you want to apply makeup over it. I wouldn't use this all over the face and just for troublesome spots and do not use this everyday since it's not good to use a spot treatment everyday. If you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to fragrances I would not recommended this since it contains tea tree oil. You get a good amount of product that will last you a few months or more on how much you use it. It may not seem like a lot but you do get a lot of product. The lid can leak some product so if you throw this in your bag, purse, luggage, or etc. Make sure to have the lid on tightly or have it covered with a seal or something that can guard it from spilling.
Chloe S.
Saint Paul, MN
I have definitely found that this product works great for getting rid of acne quickly. If you have persistent acne it isn't going to be a substitute for a medicated cream, but if you have a single pimple here or there, it definitely will help get rid of it quickly. I have used this both during the day and at night, and it works to dry out the area you put it on. If you use it during the day, it leaves your skin matte. The only thing I would caution is that it works so quickly that you need to make sure you don't get a whitehead throughout the day; just monitor that!
Michella N.
miami
This has been the only product that can control my super oily skin! Rating this a 100%! After washing my face I apply a dot of the product to the spots where I am most oily (T ZONE and on the side of my nose) it keeps my makeup looking matte all day like as if I just did my makeup and it has also helped me with discoloration and uneven skin because of the ingredients used but mainly because of the teatree oil. Extremely recommended for people who have oily skin. Does anyone else have any recommendations on other products to help oily skin?
Izy H.
Ay yah yah! My skin must be cray b/c my review is going to be very different from most ppl's. I have greasy skin, which causes the random zit. It gets worse during that time off the month. I bought this goo hoping it would work it's magic to control sebum/oil and zap zits, but nope...I got the opposite result. I have used this as a spot treatment and it does nothing for the zit. The zit neither shrinks or become less inflamed. I have also used this all over my face and it doesn't control sebum or anything. In fact I strongly believe IT HAS CAUSED ZITS! I didn't want to believe it at first, so I have used it when I am nowhere near my period and... boom.. zits! I have also taken breaks from this product and the minute I started using it again ...boom zits! I thought I was nuts, so I've checked the Lush website and 5+ people have experienced the same thing! My advice is to get a sample and test it out before you buy it.
Leah F.
Lubbock, TX
I got this after a friend recommended to me since I have very oily skin and no matter how much powder I put on top of my foundation, it still becomes shiny within 2 hours. I tried this and it definitely helped keep me less shiny for longer but I still had to blot my face after around hour 3 or 4. The scent isn’t my favorite, but I’ve never been a fan of tea tree scented things, but the scent doesn’t linger, which is a good thing in my opinion.
Tanya H.
Ventura, CA
Love this product so much ! You seriously can’t do wrong with lush ! But this one literally erased all my pimples if I’m tight on money and can’t get my usual skin care routine products I would just pick this one up ! Sooo good !!!! Can stress enough how great it is . I would put it wherever my pimples were and leave them their over night . Woke up with clear skin love it !!!
Nathaly A.
Hayward, CA
I used this product to help me reduce my acne. I’ve been told tea tree oil is great for acne. While it took some time to see the acne go away it was gentle on my skin. For me, the smell was not all that great. Since this is a grease it helped moisturize my skin! Another plus of this was I was able to use it to help calm my nose piercing when it was becoming irritated.
Brittany H.
LUSH Grease Lightning Tea Tree Cleanser is one of the best acne spot treatments out there. I'd recommend this gentle, yet effective spot treatment diminishes the look of all pimples, size not discriminated against. Includes effective ingredients such as tea tree, aloe vera, witch hazel, and lovely herbs like rosemary and thyme. Grease Lightning can be purchased at any Lush Cosmetics location (international as well heyy~). I know you've probably tried spot treatments in the past, and Grease Lightning is definitely up there with some of the greats. It really packs a punch, but also doesn't leave you feeling raw or dry because beautiful also soothes all your worries away. #girlcrush @Influenster
Ruth A.
San Diego, CA
This product legitimately saved my face. I don't use this as a spot treatment. Instead, I use it all over my face both day and night before I put my moisturizer on. When I was breaking out a couple years ago I tried using this product and my acne magically went away. I was left with a clear face and it stayed that way! I have since ventured off and tried different products but recently I started breaking out again (not as severe as before) and went back to using grease lightning and it again cleared up my skin. Never straying away from this product ever again. The tea tree, aloe, and witch hazel combo is amazing for your skin. 100% would repurchase and recommend to anyone struggling with acne.
amina A.
Grenoble
This is a really interesting product ! Does that actually work well ? Can I have your opinion ?
Amparo V.
Puerto rico guaynabo
Can I use this if you are oily skin?
Tory S.
Fernandina, FL
How long until you saw acne reduce after using this?
Amanda H.
Little Chute, WI
I suffer from adult acne, would anyone recommend this product for someone that has trouble keeping acne from constantly popping up?
Tiffany T.
Does this help with acne scars?