BY LUSH #64 in Facial Cleansers

Grease Lightning is a powerful combination of ingredients that will nip any breakouts in the bud without upsetting the skin around them. We use an infusion of antibacterial and antiseptic rosemary, thyme and tea tree, as well as antioxidant-rich grape juice and witch hazel, which is astringent and anti-inflammatory and is said to soothe redness. This product is ideally applied when you feel a spot is about to erupt - prevention is better than cure.

ingredients

Thyme, Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion Water (Aqua) Aloe Vera Gel Fresh Sea Water Grape Juice Carrageenan Extract Lavender Oil Witch Hazel Extract *Limonene Perfume Methylparaben

• How long does this bottle last?2 Answers
  • I suffer from adult acne, would anyone recommend this product for...4 Answers
  • Does this dry out the skin around the area applied like some acne...2 Answers
Izy H.
Ay yah yah! My skin must be cray b/c my review is going to be very different from most ppl's. I have greasy skin, which causes the random zit. It gets worse during that time off the month. I bought this goo hoping it would work it's magic to control sebum/oil and zap zits, but nope...I got the opposite result. I have used this as a spot treatment and it does nothing for the zit. The zit neither shrinks or become less inflamed. I have also used this all over my face and it doesn't control sebum or anything. In fact I strongly believe IT HAS CAUSED ZITS! I didn't want to believe it at first, so I have used it when I am nowhere near my period and... boom.. zits! I have also taken breaks from this product and the minute I started using it again ...boom zits! I thought I was nuts, so I've checked the Lush website and 5+ people have experienced the same thing! My advice is to get a sample and test it out before you buy it.
Brittany H.
LUSH Grease Lightning Tea Tree Cleanser is one of the best acne spot treatments out there. I'd recommend this gentle, yet effective spot treatment diminishes the look of all pimples, size not discriminated against. Includes effective ingredients such as tea tree, aloe vera, witch hazel, and lovely herbs like rosemary and thyme. Grease Lightning can be purchased at any Lush Cosmetics location (international as well heyy~). I know you've probably tried spot treatments in the past, and Grease Lightning is definitely up there with some of the greats. It really packs a punch, but also doesn't leave you feeling raw or dry because beautiful also soothes all your worries away. #girlcrush @Influenster
Leah F.
Lubbock, TX
I got this after a friend recommended to me since I have very oily skin and no matter how much powder I put on top of my foundation, it still becomes shiny within 2 hours. I tried this and it definitely helped keep me less shiny for longer but I still had to blot my face after around hour 3 or 4. The scent isn’t my favorite, but I’ve never been a fan of tea tree scented things, but the scent doesn’t linger, which is a good thing in my opinion.
Ruth A.
San Diego, CA
This product legitimately saved my face. I don't use this as a spot treatment. Instead, I use it all over my face both day and night before I put my moisturizer on. When I was breaking out a couple years ago I tried using this product and my acne magically went away. I was left with a clear face and it stayed that way! I have since ventured off and tried different products but recently I started breaking out again (not as severe as before) and went back to using grease lightning and it again cleared up my skin. Never straying away from this product ever again. The tea tree, aloe, and witch hazel combo is amazing for your skin. 100% would repurchase and recommend to anyone struggling with acne.
khorena 🌿.
Oakfield, ME
I had really high hopes for this product because I am a lush believer and lover. As someone who isn't ane prone, when I do get a few pimples I freak out. I purchased this at the Lush store near my home in New York. It dries out my pimples fairly quickly, usually overnight, but I have found that the deep-rooted zits that I get around my time of the month, it does nothing to even sooth the oncoming torture! I like that it is made of natural ingredients, but it dries and becomes flakey on my skin, making it very unflattering if I do decide to run out after applying it. It's good, but I would not purchase again simply because I rarely get acne, and this does little to sooth the acne I do get.
Shannon T.
Long Beach
Grease lightning is bae! This works great as a spot treatment or all over! Now I have very oily skin and get minimal breakouts but when I use this every night (before I apply my moisturizer) my skin is less oily and there are no signs of breakouts. I love this stuff and will be purchasing again! Also a little goes a long way!
Kelly N.
Gulfport, MS
Yet another great product by lush! As always I love that they use minimal ingredients, the made and expiration date is on each product with a sticker and the price is amazing for what you get and how long it lasts. This product works great as a spot treatment! Smells good and didn’t damage my fair and sensitive skin!
Felicia T.
Geneva, NY
This product is great for oily skin. I use this at night on my T zone and my pores feel clean and tighten up. I’ve noticed that in the mornings my skin isn’t as oily. I use this in just my T zone in place of my night cream. The product is pricey but you are paying for the natural ingredients that lush uses.
Emily C.
Oklahoma City , OK
This is my holy grail acne product. It’s an aloe based tea tree spot treatment. I use it every day on my problem areas, and it really helps reduce the redness and size, as well as life of the pimple. It is a lite drying around my nose, so I started using it sparingly there. Otherwise, it’s incredible.
Elizabeth S.
I love the smell of this. But it does not do anything for me. Tea tree is supposed to be really good for you’re skin and help fight acne, but I do not see any difference. I have been using this for a while. Just because it doesn’t work for MY skin type, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work at all.
fadila A.
Grenoble
This is a really interesting product ! Does that actually work well ? Can I have your opinion ?
Amparo V.
Puerto rico guaynabo
Can I use this if you are oily skin?
Tory S.
Fernandina , FL
How long until you saw acne reduce after using this?
Amanda H.
Little Chute, WI
I suffer from adult acne, would anyone recommend this product for someone that has trouble keeping acne from constantly popping up?
Tiffany T.
Does this help with acne scars?