BY LUSH

Feeling all washed up? This avocado and argan oil hot mask is just the job for hardworking hands with fresh cupuaçu and murumuru butters to hydrate and nourish every nook and cranny. To get started, stand your mask upright in a bowl large enough to fit both of your hands in comfortably. Boil hot water and add enough to your bowl to cover the product and stir, allowing the treatment to develop and thicken. Make sure the mix isn't too hot and then plunge your hands into its dreamy, creamy lotion and soak for around 15 minutes (or until the doorbell rings).

How to use: Stand your hand mask upright in a bowl that's big enough to fit both of your hands in comfortably. Boil some water and then add it to your bowl, covering the product. Stir gently allowing the treatment to develop, thicken and cool slightly. Soak hands for 15 minutes before rinsing clean.

ingredients

Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Guar Gum (Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride) Cupuaçu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum) Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum Murumuru) Sodium Bicarbonate Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) Organic Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima) (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil) Citric Acid Argan Oil (Argania spinosa) Organic Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus) (Cistus Labdaniferus Resin) Sandalwood Oil (Fusanus spicatus) *Citral Coumarin Geraniol *Limonene *Linalool Fragrance Gold Glimmer Lustre (Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxides, Silica) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Cinzia N.
Glendale Hts, IL
This is a very effective product once you learn how to use it properly. Take boiling water and fill a regular size about 1/4 full and place the little hand in there. Let it start melting and it’ll start getting thick. Take more boiling water and slowly add it while stirring. You want it to be about the consistency of a milkshake. Let it cool then put it on all the way to your elbow and leave it on for about 20 min then I recommend using a scrub to remove it.
Becky R.
Ogden, UT
It did what it says and my hands really did feel soft afterwards. But this was harder to deal with than I would like. Wouldn’t buy again. Would recommend, but with a warning. And only to friends who said they’re hands were incredible dry and cracked and truly needed this.
Kathryn O.
Ithaca, NY
Obsessed with this product. First tried it in store, ended up purchasing it immediately. I go to school in upstate new york so the winters really work hard on my hands, and this cures them so well!!! It's a beautiful product. You pour hot water over the stick. Swirl it in it and mix it up to create a creamy consistency, leave it on your hands for 5-10 min, and ohhhhh my god do they feel incredible after. Its like i have new hands! And they smell so good!!!! I'd absolutely recommend this product - one of the things lush has that isnt super overpriced. You can use it multiple times! I love it. Cant say enough about it.
Krystle S.
Golden Handshake is a product that you melt down with boiling water and then apply to your hands to later rinse off.

First off, it was annoying having to wait for the product to melt down. Second, you aren't able to apply the entire product in one application. I need to find a small mason jar to use the leftover product. It wasn't really worth it since I wasn't really able to use the leftover product. You had to melt down the product again!

Ultimately, the product is pretty good if you're willing to be patient. I'd much rather just use loition.
Arwa A.
It took me awhile to figure out this product. The directions are a little misleading. Otherwise it's a nice product. I got about 4 uses out of mine, and it's like $5 so it was an ok price. It definitely helps relax and soothe your hands and feet (I use it more for my feet). You just pour some hot water into a bowl or small tub for your feet and twirl the stick around in it. A little goes a long way so no need to finish it all at once. My skin was definitely softer afterwards. It's a nice pick me up pamper yourself product.
Anne H.
Homewood, IL
From the fun of the process to the results from the product this is one of my favorite hand masks ever. There's a fantastic feeling of luxury from mixing up your own hot mask and every time I've used this it's still great. The smell is amazing and my hands always feel crazy soft for days after, plus using the left over mask as a moisturizer keeps it effective even longer. I buy these as gifts all the time because I adore them so much.
Shannon S.
This product was awesome, but I didn't use it in the recommended way. They want you to apply it hot, leave on for a few minutes (as any other mask), then wash off. When I tried the product that way, I didn't notice much of a difference. However, when I melted the product, let cool at room temperature, then use as a thick lotion (not washing it off), it was amazing and left my hands so incredibly soft.
Allison N.
I am a huge fan of all lush products, but especially this one! All of their products, especially the face masks have the tendency of making my face undergo a unique sensation... this one specifically gave my face a little bit of heat, which was different and I liked it! After I was through, my skin felt amazing! It felt a little tingly but it was so smooth.  Would certainly recommend
Christine H.
Roseville, CA
This product works wonderfully for me, but it did take a bit of trial and error to get the most out of it. Definitely be sure the water you add to the mask is BOILING, or else you're going to be left with a lumpy half-melted consistency. As it melts, keep stirring in quick circular motions until the entire mask has melted off the stick, and then let it cool for a few minutes until it's safe to use. Also, I found it helpful to not only leave my hands in the mask for the full 15-20 minutes, but to also consistently spoon it over the top of my hands, alternating back and forth every 2-3 minutes or so. That way the tops of my hands, as well as my palms, get the full benefit of the mask. After rinsing off and drying my hands, I grab a jar and save the mask to use again within the week. When I'm ready to re-use it, I pour it into a microwave-safe bowl and nuke it for about five minutes (place a paper towel over the bowl so that you're not left with a big mess), let it cool, and then repeat the process. I find that this mask is completely re-useable, but only once more. Still, getting two uses out of it is better than one! Hope these tips help you out - this is a great product, but you do have to know how to use it right.
Sarah J.
Murfreesboro Tennessee
I love anything glittery or sparkling, so buying his product was a no brainer. When I tried it out, my main frustration was that it was such a hassle to use. First, I couldn't get it to melt all the way. Next, when I tried to fix problem one, it got really messy. It left my hands feeling soft, but in my opinion, it wasn't worth the trouble.
Sharon K.
Lorain, OH
What is this supposed to do?
Carmen B.
Kearny, NJ
I'm very rough on my hands. Working with children I'm always in a situation that I need to continuously wash or sanitize my hands. Therefore, leaving my hands very dry. How good Is this product with moisturizing and how often do you need to use it?
Ashley W.
How is this product on combination skin?
Corinne L.
Lorraine, QC
Hey I bought this product at lush cosmetics for my hair. But i don't know how to use it. Can someone who did it before can explain me how we use it?
Shannon B.
Charlotte, NC
How often would you say I would need to use this hand mask? I moved from a humid climate to a very dry climate and my hands have been so dry - hand lotion just isn't cutting it. Is this an everyday kind of product or a once every couple of weeks product?