BY LUSH #51 in Facial Cleansers

Black sugar and charcoal exfoliate and absorb excess oils to leave dull, oily or acne-prone skin feeling fresh and matte. Even oily skin can be sensitive, so we've made this one soft and soothing to calm redness and irritation, too. Its rhassoul mud base deeply cleanses to help prevent breakouts, while vitamin-rich cold pressed organic avocado oil nourishes skin to leave it soft and lightly hydrated. Use all over for perfectly smooth, bright skin. An angel indeed!

How to use: Take a small amount in your hand, add a little water and mix into a paste. Massage into skin to gently cleanse, then rinse clean. Use all over your body for soft skin everywhere!

ingredients

Rhassoul Mud (Moroccan Lava Clay) Cold Pressed Organic Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima) Glycerine Powdered Charcoal (Charcoal Powder) Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate Sugar (Sucrose) Fragrance *Linalool Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill) Rosewood oil (Aniba rosaeodora) (Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil) Iron Oxides *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• What’s your go product from LUSH? Mine is LUSH Dark Angel...11 Answers
  • What are your favorite #Lush products? Here's my haul fro...6 Answers
  • Can this be used for dry skin also?3 Answers
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser
  • "I love this stuff! works great on my sensitive but oily skin! i am a repeat user and recommend to anyone with thicker oily skin. " in 182 reviews
Chloe S.
Saint Paul, MN
I use this as my nightly cleanser, and I really don't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon. It is very gentle as an exfoliator, although it does have some exfoliating power to it. I can tell that it opens up my pores, and my skin feels very clean and makeup-free after using it to take makeup off and wash my face. I know that it can be hard to wash off, but I would definitely recommend using a wash cloth to make sure you remove as much as possible, and then follow with toner on a cotton pad to make sure you have everything wiped away. It can stain your sink a little, or make it darker, but it is pretty easy to clean off! Overall, it is a great product for your skin, even if it can be a little messy!
Slay C.
Sagamore Beach
The LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser is a great cleanser to detoxify your face or body. However, because it is made with charcoal and has a strong black pigmentation, it does leave marks in your bathroom sink and on your face. On my face it actually isn’t so much of a bad thing since it makes my eyebrows appear darker which is sometimes helpful. If your looking for a product in which you can feel it really cleansing your face, Dark Angels is definitely a product to try. The product is self-preserving, vegan, and retails at $14.95 for 3.5 oz. This product is great for people with oily skin (like myself) so I would definitely recommend this for people that struggle with excess oils.
Gaby L.
Tucson, AZ
I’m a oily skin girl and have struggled with acne basically my whole life. This is my first time trying any Lush skincare product which was gifted to me fro Christmas. I am completely BLOWN AWAY by the difference this product has made in my skin. I haven’t experience any breakouts for the 3 weeks I’ve been using this. There was a point where I didn’t have my Dark Angels cleansed on hand so I had to use my old cleanser and I noticed immediately how oily and textured my skin felt using my old cleanser opposed to the Lush Dark Angels. I’m so shocked at how well this product controls oil and improves skin texture that I HAVE TO REPURCHASE once I run out. P.S. I love the smell of it.
Shipra M.
This face wash comes in a small jar and it looks like a black, gritty paste. You just pinch off a small amount (a little goes a long way) and the gritty texture does a great job of exfoliating and it gets every last bit of dirt, oil and makeup off my face. I use it almost every day. I no longer feel the need to wear heavy makeup to cover my acne and I can go out with no makeup at all and feel fine. I still have some scarring from the terrible acne, but even those are fading since I started using organic shea butter to moisturize. Even though the jar is small, it will last a good two months if you don't grab big goops of it. You only need a pinch to wash your whole face. If you have bad skin like I did, you don't have to suffer. Put all those chemical-laden acne products down and try this. I've recommended it to everyone I know. Even if you don't have acne, you'll love it because it gets your skin so clean and soft. It is the best thing that's ever happened to my skin!
Marissa B.
Lexington, KY
This cleanser is supposed to be good for deep cleaning, removing impurities from the skin and exfoliating. I do think it does a good job of exfoliating. This cleanser is extremely messy. I would highly recommend using it in the shower. Because it is black, it stains everything! I make sure to cleanse off my makeup before using this but even then, this cleanser stains my face! I usually use Mario Badescu glycolic acid foaming cleanser after this to get the remaining black stain off of my skin. I can say that it does exfoliate well and my skin is very soft after using it.
Twofaced H.
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser is a facial and body cleanser that is handmade with fresh rhassoul mud, black sugar, cold pressed avocado oil, and sandalwood and rosewood oils. What I love about it is the fresh ingredients, and the fact that it is; cruelty-free and preservative free. What I don't like about is that it is pricey, and messy, just stating the facts. Most importantly, my combination, sensitivity, acne-prone skin couldn't handle the additional oils in this product. Any area of my skin that was outside my T-Zone loved this product, but my pores did clog in my T-Zone area. This product is best for skin that is not prone to break outs. I will be using it however, as a body cleanser, especially with cooler weather coming, this should add some much need moisture back to my skin.
Amanda B.
I thought this cleanser was okay. I know a lot of people rave about it, but it was a little messy for me and it left a good bit of residue on my face. This is even after I used it in the shower and wiped off the excess with a washcloth. I think it did a good job of cleansing my face though, and the smell is nice. I received it as a free sample when I was in-store and wanting to just try it out. I probably won’t repurchase, but I love that LUSH lets you try free samples before buying full size!
Kristin B.
I am not a big fan of Lush and there products. I think it is over priced for no reason. But still I purchased this product thinking it would be good. First to actually get good results you need to use a tiny bit because this thing I ridiculously hard to wash off. I used it multiple times and still had the residue on my face. It expires in no time and for someone who tries a lot of different product, something that i pay an arm and a leg for shouldn't expire that quick. needless to say i will not be purchasing anytime soon.
Abbey A.
Bowling Green
This was my first time using a product like this. You just pinch a little piece off, get it damp, and scrub! I bought it online after seeing rave reviews about it. I like the product and I think it’s a great exfoliate, however it was too much for me to use as a daily cleanser with my sensitive skin. The main downfall was how messy it was! I would recommend using this in the shower. It also leaves a dark, black residue behind on your face, so be sure to be through when removing
Risa W.
This cleanser is lovely, but I needed to double cleanse just to get the last bits of charcoal stains off my face. It stained my sink, it stained my tub. It smelled amazing, but I had to mix the black sugar in to be able to use this. I did get scratched more than once, as the sugar particles are not softened nor are they of uniform size or shape, even though they do dissolve in water. I recommend this, if you are considering or already opting for the LUSH route in skincare, but I have found better drugstore options, including some with black sugar. Be wary of LUSH's synthetic preservatives and know your allergies xx
Oscar C.
Hialeah, FL
Do Walmart or Cvs or Walgreens sell one of these?
Lola G.
Atlanta
What’s your go product from LUSH? Mine is LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser
Aimee C.
Is it good for oily skin?
Karina A.
How often do people typically use this? I've been using it twice a week just because I don't want to over do it on my skin with the exfoliation.
Andrea T.
Apache Jct, AZ
I have really sensitive skin, will this product irritate my skin?