BY LUSH

For dry or fluffy hair that needs to be tamedBeer shampoo, really?

For volume, softness and shine we proudly serve our tremendously effective pub-inspired shampoo. Cynthia Sylvia Stout is made with organic vegan stout beer from a local brewery, which contains protein to give your hair weight, smoothness and gloss. It's excellent for hair that tends to go frizzy in damp or humid environments. Cynthia smells delicious, just like a brandy, stout and lemon cocktail and even makes curly hair unbelievably shiny and bouncy once again. Give your thirsty hair a drink of this.

Stout to calm: For all hair types but especially beneficial for fluffy, hard-to-manage hair.

Friend to all scalps: Yeast improves the health of the hair and scalp.

For a polished finish: Organic lemon juice is a gentle cleanser that adds masses of shine and gloss.

Ingredients: Irish Stout (Beer) , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine , Yeast Infusion (Yeast betaglucan) , Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Cognac Oil (Vitis Vinifera) , Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Perfume , Methylparaben , Propylparaben . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• How does this smell? I don't want my hair smelling like beer :)3 Answers
GioiaMia A.
Toms River, NJ
I have very wavy/ curly hair that is hard to tame. Frizz literally grows from my root! I’m always up to try new shampoo or hair products who claim to “smooth, tame or repair” the hair. I was under the impression this shampoo was/ is discontinued but I’m not 100% sure... that’s why I stopped using it.
I was able to go through 3 large bottles though! This shampoo definitely does what it says, the actually stout or “beer” for lack of better definition really does the trick. The smell was a little strong the first few washes but you get use to it. It’s natural so keep that in mind. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants softer more tamed waves or curls... even straight hair. Now I have to see if I can get MY hands on another bottle!
Ashley D.
Dundalk, MD
My husband is the first person who bought this shampoo. It is his absolute favorite. It smells sooooo good and unlike anything else. Then I started using it and WOW! My hair is SO shiny when I wash with this! It smells great and helps with my frizz.
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
This is my favorite LUSH shampoo to use just for anything and everything. I love the smell of beer and I love how soft it leaves my hair feeling. It also gives a touch of volume and it really does leave your hair smelling great all day long.
Kaytee C.
Dallas, TX
Smells amazing. Both me and my husband love it as a standard shampoo. Doesn’t dry my hair out. It doesn’t give a squeaky clean feeling, but nothing at lush really does. I love this shampoo, though!
Chelsea W.
S Milwaukee, WI
I love love LOVE the scent of this shampoo - it’s an earthy, bourbon-y scent. This product cleans my hair and helps weigh down the first a bit without leaving it greasy. It is a thicker shampoo but lathers pretty well.
Elizabeth M.
Chicago
I bought this product after being advised by the lovely salesperson that it would do well for my wild, thick, curly, frizzy hair.  I love the Lush brand and the product is far from the worst I've ever tried to tame my curls with but I found it to be a very thin consistency and I had to use a lot of it to truly clean my hair which was something I did not like. Additionally, the smell of it will stay with you all day and can be very overpowering.  I myself didn't mind it too much, but other people would comment on how it smelled and as it is a very strong unique scent not everybody likes it.  Overall, it worked fine as a shampoo and it did reign in the frizz a bit, but it would not be my top recommendation and I had to stop using it because I became self conscious of how my hair smelled when I did.
Martha P.
Mt Pleasant, TX
This shampoo is just awesome. It's great for dry or damaged hair. It won't tame the frizz though so please be aware of that. This contains actual stout and whole some people may hate the smell of this shampoo I am just completely in love with the smell and the way my hair feels once it dries down. That smell stays in my hair till I have to wash it again. This one is a keeper. I have re bought this soo many times and I don't plan on ever being without this little gem 😙😙😙
Jennifer R.
Gurley, AL
Please believe this is my go to hair saving shampoo. The smell is out of this world good and lasts all day long. It is gentle and nourishing in your hair and I find I don't have to condition as much or wash as often as normal when I use this regularly.
Kara K.
Greenfield, WI
This shampoo works great for thick, wavy hair. I even use it in my son's (2 year old) curly thick hair. It makes our hair soft and doesn't weigh it down. It also has a great scent that is very natural. I buy this regularly and will continue to do so.
Paige C.
Decatur
This shampoo smells a little weird at first but I love what it does for my hair. It leaves my hair clean and less oily the next day. My roommate who is a guy and thinks only lush is for girls even got some after trying it. It's my new go-to shampoo. I would buy it over and over again.
Amy O.
How does this smell? I don't want my hair smelling like beer :)