BY LUSH

For dry or fluffy hair that needs to be tamedBeer shampoo, really?

For volume, softness and shine we proudly serve our tremendously effective pub-inspired shampoo. Cynthia Sylvia Stout is made with organic vegan stout beer from a local brewery, which contains protein to give your hair weight, smoothness and gloss. It's excellent for hair that tends to go frizzy in damp or humid environments. Cynthia smells delicious, just like a brandy, stout and lemon cocktail and even makes curly hair unbelievably shiny and bouncy once again. Give your thirsty hair a drink of this.

Stout to calm: For all hair types but especially beneficial for fluffy, hard-to-manage hair.

Friend to all scalps: Yeast improves the health of the hair and scalp.

For a polished finish: Organic lemon juice is a gentle cleanser that adds masses of shine and gloss.

Ingredients: Irish Stout (Beer) , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine , Yeast Infusion (Yeast betaglucan) , Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Cognac Oil (Vitis Vinifera) , Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Perfume , Methylparaben , Propylparaben . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• How does this smell? I don't want my hair smelling like b...4 Answers
GioiaMia A.
Brick, NJ
I have very wavy/ curly hair that is hard to tame. Frizz literally grows from my root! I’m always up to try new shampoo or hair products who claim to “smooth, tame or repair” the hair. I was under the impression this shampoo was/ is discontinued but I’m not 100% sure... that’s why I stopped using it.
I was able to go through 3 large bottles though! This shampoo definitely does what it says, the actually stout or “beer” for lack of better definition really does the trick. The smell was a little strong the first few washes but you get use to it. It’s natural so keep that in mind. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants softer more tamed waves or curls... even straight hair. Now I have to see if I can get MY hands on another bottle!
Ashley D.
Dundalk, MD
My husband is the first person who bought this shampoo. It is his absolute favorite. It smells sooooo good and unlike anything else. Then I started using it and WOW! My hair is SO shiny when I wash with this! It smells great and helps with my frizz.
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
This is my favorite LUSH shampoo to use just for anything and everything. I love the smell of beer and I love how soft it leaves my hair feeling. It also gives a touch of volume and it really does leave your hair smelling great all day long.
Kaytee C.
Dallas, TX
Smells amazing. Both me and my husband love it as a standard shampoo. Doesn’t dry my hair out. It doesn’t give a squeaky clean feeling, but nothing at lush really does. I love this shampoo, though!
Elizabeth M.
Chicago
I bought this product after being advised by the lovely salesperson that it would do well for my wild, thick, curly, frizzy hair.  I love the Lush brand and the product is far from the worst I've ever tried to tame my curls with but I found it to be a very thin consistency and I had to use a lot of it to truly clean my hair which was something I did not like. Additionally, the smell of it will stay with you all day and can be very overpowering.  I myself didn't mind it too much, but other people would comment on how it smelled and as it is a very strong unique scent not everybody likes it.  Overall, it worked fine as a shampoo and it did reign in the frizz a bit, but it would not be my top recommendation and I had to stop using it because I became self conscious of how my hair smelled when I did.
Martha P.
Mt Pleasant, TX
This shampoo is just awesome. It's great for dry or damaged hair. It won't tame the frizz though so please be aware of that. This contains actual stout and whole some people may hate the smell of this shampoo I am just completely in love with the smell and the way my hair feels once it dries down. That smell stays in my hair till I have to wash it again. This one is a keeper. I have re bought this soo many times and I don't plan on ever being without this little gem 😙😙😙
Bre V.
Columbus
This is supposed to weigh down flyaway hair and I do feel like it did reduce some of my frizz in my curly, fine hair, but overall it didn't perform as well as I was hoping it would. Plus, while it doesn't necessarily smell straight up like beer, it smells close enough that I didn't care for it (not a smell I enjoy). That having been said, my wife did use it on her straight, long hair and got better results than I did, so it might work better on straight hair that's frizz prone than curly.
Erica H.
Of all of the LUSH hair products I've used, I think this is the one I could take or leave. It does kind of smell like hops, so the beer aspect of it is kind of cool but I feel like it's a little gimmicky. It works alright as a shampoo but I feel like I have to use a lot of the product to get to where my hair actually feels clean. I don't hate it by any means, but I don't love it.
Kay K.
LUSH's Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo is one of my favorite shampoos. Yes, it smells horrible for someone like me - a person who doesn't like beer. On the other hand, it works wonders on cleansing my scalp while keeping my strains moisturized. It's also great for finger detangling because it really does remove excess oil. Give it a try via samples and see for yourself!
Shalene H.
Snoqualmie
This is my favorite shampoo that I have used at LUSH. I am an AVID Lush fan. I have tried so many of their products. It really smooths out my curly hair, especially if I want to straighten it the next day, and it makes it perfectly straight after straightening it and it takes longer for the waves to come back.
Amy O.
How does this smell? I don't want my hair smelling like beer :)