BY LUSH #26 in Face Masks

If you suffer from oily or troubled skin, slather it in this mattifying cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse, this is one sweet savior. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Sign us up.

How to use: Smooth mask all over your skin. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse off with warm water, massaging as you go.

ingredients

Rhassoul Mud (Moroccan Lava Clay) Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) Glycerine Talc Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Fresh Mint (Mentha Piperita) (Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf) Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill) Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata) Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) *Limonene Fragrance *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• I hear this is a good mask for blemishes. Has anyone one else tri...3 Answers
  • How much is this face mask4 Answers
  • I really want to know if this mask is worth it? I've always wante...2 Answers
LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask
  • "This stuff smells amazing!!! It isn't self preserving so you do have to keep this in the fridge! I really liked this mask, however it broke my sisters skin out and she is acne prone! I have sensitive skin as well, but it didn't break me out. " in 137 reviews
Sami B.
Las Vegas, NV
This mask works great! I will come straight out and say that the reason why I am giving this a 4 star rating instead of 5 stars is because this mask has to be refrigerated which is kind of inconvenient — I will say that putting the chilled mask on your face does feel wonderful, though! I absolutely love Lush because they use natural ingredients in their products that could go bad if not kept refrigerated, but I do find myself gravitating towards other masks over this one when shopping at Lush just because of the fact that if I purchase the mask I’m unable to leave it with the rest of my skincare items. Other than that, I really don’t have anything bad to say about this mask at all. Not only does this mask smell amazing, but it also does wonderful things for my face! I have extremely sensitive, red, and acne prone skin and this helped minimize the amount of blemishes appearing on my face on a regular basis, and it also helped soothe my redness and didn’t irritate my skin at all! Overall I feel like this mask is awesome aside from the inconvenience of it needing to be refrigerated
marie a.
Even though this mask is targeted for oily, acne prone skin, I think all skin types would benefit from this mask. It is really good at balancing the skin by gently removing excess oil and leaving it soft without feeling heavy. Yes, you do have to refrigerate it, and yes it doesn't have the best shelf life, but it's not as expensive as other masks you get elsewhere. Because of the shelf life, I don't feel guilty really slathering a thick layer onto my skin. It has a floral chocolate fudge smell, but I love it!

This is a great gentle mask for those who want to pamper themselves and mask 2-3x a week. I've left this on for longer than suggested and didn't suffer any excessive dryness or skin irritations (even on the thin and sensitive skin on my neck!), just smooth, clean skin.

But if you're looking for a mask that will pulverize zits, and suck the life out of your pores like a vampire, this is not the mask for you (enter Aztec Indian Healing Clay for your more aggressive needs).
Lindsey B.
Brooklyn, NY
Cupcake, a fresh face mask from LUSH, is one of my favourite face masks. It needs to be refrigerated which means it feels really cool and soothing when you apply it. To be honest, because it’s also brown in colour and smells of sweet chocolate, it feels like you’re putting frosting on your face, but it does magical things for my skin. It can be a little tricky to apply, probably because it’s cold, but once it’s on it feels good and it doesn’t itch or irritate my (really) sensitive skin in any way. It smells wonderful, so the experience is a good one. There is enough in a pot to share with a couple of friends (my husband also likes this one) if you want to use it up right away, or you can put it back in the fridge.

Taking the mask off is quite messy, but if you’re equipped with a warm face cloth and some running water, you’ll be fine, you just need to clean up after! My skin always feels bright and really supple after using this mask and I highly recommend it.
Nicole P.
Maplewood, MN
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LUSH!  I am just going to start off with that, I have been a Lush addict since the first time I walked into their store at my local mall.  When the sales associate suggested the Cupcake face mask to me I was very excited to get home to try it.  It smelled amazing....like drool worthy amazing, just like it's name says Cupcake.  I put it on and waited and as soon as I put it on it felt so nice on my skin.  There was no itchiness or that drying pulling feeling you get from some masks, just wonderful and soothing.  From the very first use I noticed that my skin looked healthier.  After multiple uses the Cupcake face mask has continued to impress me and my skin looks great!  I would and do highly recommend the Cupcake face mask by Lush.
Molly W.
This face mask has so many things going for it: it feels good on the skin, it leaves the skin soft and fresh, and it smells like chocolate! I was a little skeptical about the clay-like texture of this product because I thought it would create a mess. Turns out I was half right. The mask goes onto the face very smoothly and usually doesn't make a mess during the process. A couple of times a chunk or two fell on the floor, but it was easy to pick up and left no residue. Taking the mask off is a different story however. Residue tends to get all over my sink, and it's hard to rinse off the wash cloth I use for removal. Overall though, I am impressed with this product and will be trying more LUSH face masks in the future.
Andie S.
Rolla, MO
I absolutely love this mask and have for such a long time. This mask for one smells amazing that you almost want to eat it! It is perfect if you have oily skin (sometimes I do) or acne prone/troubled skin, this really helps with mattifying your skin. The spearmint, peppermint, and mint truly help with cooling down your skin to help relieve it and make it feel new, as well as vanilla to calm it. Lastly it has rhassoul mud to get a really deep cleanse on your pores that may be causing the problems. This is a mask that you could just apply to your troubled areas and then use another mask to nourish on your other areas. I love this mask!
Marissa R.
If i were to review this off the smell alone, it would get 5 stars! Unfortunately, the actual product is mediocre. I have an extremely oily, acne-prone skin type with sebaceous filaments and large pores, so this is theoretically the perfect mask for me. I’ve gone through about 3 jars, as I’m an advocate of trying skincare for prolonged periods of time to develop an opinion. I didn’t notice any difference in my skin at all. Also, one of the main ingredients is cocoa butter, which is extremely pore clogging! I wouldn’t recommend, but I gave it 2 stars for the delightful smell, smooth texture, and cooling feeling.
Beatriz G.
Chicago Ridge, IL
I purchased this product in hopes that it would add extra moisture to my already oily skin. I found that it would make my skin even more oily! I did however like what it did for the parts of my skin that are dry. While I was very shiny after using, I can say that my skin definitely felt hydrated, moisturized and fresh. I loved the scent of this mask. I do also wish it was easier to remove. I would probably repurchase and only use on specific parts of my face, not entirely over my skin.
Madison R.
Yuma, AZ
Lush!!!😍😍 not only are they VEGAN and NATURAL but they don’t test on animals!! I think I hear angels singing😍😍 but seriously all of their face masks are worth a try!! I love that you keep them in the fridge which makes them stay extra fresh!! The cupcake mask smells like chocolate, and looks like you rubbed brownie batter all over your face! Lol I could seriously eat this stuff it smells so yummy!! Just like a cupcake! The cooling effect from it being in the fridge also feels very nice ! Super soothing and hydrating!
Samantha J.
Coraopolis, PA
I LOVE THIS MASK.  This mask is amazing if you have acne prone, oily, sensative skin!  I think that because it needs to be refrigerated it helps soothe the skin more than it would without being refrigerated. My only complaint is the smell, I know everyone loves this mask because it smells like chocolate and don't get me wrong, I love chocolate.  But I HATE that my skin smells like it.  I feel like I need a shower after I use this because of how strong the smell is.
Danica M.
Riverside, CA
How hard is this to spread on your face?
NATTRACTIVE R.
Sun Valley, CA
I bought Lush Cupcake mask yesterday, but the mask is quite drying and hard to spread around. Does anybody else experience this same problem?
Briana T.
College Sta, TX
I have super oily skin...does this leave your face feeling refreshed? Is it worth buying?
Lauren C.
Pineville, LA
Does this have to be refrigerated?
Nicole K.
How much is this face mask