BY LUSH #24 in Face Masks

If you suffer from oily or troubled skin, slather it in this mattifying cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse, this is one sweet savior. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Sign us up.

How to use: Smooth mask all over your skin. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse off with warm water, massaging as you go.

ingredients

Rhassoul Mud (Moroccan Lava Clay) Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) Glycerine Talc Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Fresh Mint (Mentha Piperita) (Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf) Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill) Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata) Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) *Limonene Fragrance *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• I hear this is a good mask for blemishes. Has anyone one else tri...3 Answers
  • How much is this face mask3 Answers
  • I really want to know if this mask is worth it? I've always wante...1 Answers
Sami B.
Las Vegas, NV
This mask works great! I will come straight out and say that the reason why I am giving this a 4 star rating instead of 5 stars is because this mask has to be refrigerated which is kind of inconvenient — I will say that putting the chilled mask on your face does feel wonderful, though! I absolutely love Lush because they use natural ingredients in their products that could go bad if not kept refrigerated, but I do find myself gravitating towards other masks over this one when shopping at Lush just because of the fact that if I purchase the mask I’m unable to leave it with the rest of my skincare items. Other than that, I really don’t have anything bad to say about this mask at all. Not only does this mask smell amazing, but it also does wonderful things for my face! I have extremely sensitive, red, and acne prone skin and this helped minimize the amount of blemishes appearing on my face on a regular basis, and it also helped soothe my redness and didn’t irritate my skin at all! Overall I feel like this mask is awesome aside from the inconvenience of it needing to be refrigerated
Lindsey B.
Brooklyn, NY
Cupcake, a fresh face mask from LUSH, is one of my favourite face masks. It needs to be refrigerated which means it feels really cool and soothing when you apply it. To be honest, because it’s also brown in colour and smells of sweet chocolate, it feels like you’re putting frosting on your face, but it does magical things for my skin. It can be a little tricky to apply, probably because it’s cold, but once it’s on it feels good and it doesn’t itch or irritate my (really) sensitive skin in any way. It smells wonderful, so the experience is a good one. There is enough in a pot to share with a couple of friends (my husband also likes this one) if you want to use it up right away, or you can put it back in the fridge.

Taking the mask off is quite messy, but if you’re equipped with a warm face cloth and some running water, you’ll be fine, you just need to clean up after! My skin always feels bright and really supple after using this mask and I highly recommend it.
Sabrin H.
TL;DR:

A lightweight, leave-in lotion that'll give you waves — without crunch or grit.
ORIBE MATTE WAVES TEXTURE LOTION REVIEW

Oribe’s Matte Waves Texture Lotion is a minimalist’s dream. And by minimalist, I mean someone who can’t be bothered to put in any real effort with their hair, but expects it to look chic nonetheless.
My skincare routine is laborious, and my makeup routine is involved, but when it comes to my hair care regimen, for some unknown reason, I can only be bothered to shampoo and condition it. I don’t even blow it dry more than a few times a month (the few times I wash my hair during the day and can’t let it dry overnight).
Marissa R.
If i were to review this off the smell alone, it would get 5 stars! Unfortunately, the actual product is mediocre. I have an extremely oily, acne-prone skin type with sebaceous filaments and large pores, so this is theoretically the perfect mask for me. I’ve gone through about 3 jars, as I’m an advocate of trying skincare for prolonged periods of time to develop an opinion. I didn’t notice any difference in my skin at all. Also, one of the main ingredients is cocoa butter, which is extremely pore clogging! I wouldn’t recommend, but I gave it 2 stars for the delightful smell, smooth texture, and cooling feeling.
Samantha J.
Coraopolis, PA
I LOVE THIS MASK.  This mask is amazing if you have acne prone, oily, sensative skin!  I think that because it needs to be refrigerated it helps soothe the skin more than it would without being refrigerated. My only complaint is the smell, I know everyone loves this mask because it smells like chocolate and don't get me wrong, I love chocolate.  But I HATE that my skin smells like it.  I feel like I need a shower after I use this because of how strong the smell is.
Hollie M.
Solon, OH
This is such a great and creative product! The chocolate smell makes it honestly irresistible to eat it off your face. Since you need to keep it refrigerated it feels really cooling and refreshing when applied! I feel like my skins looks healthy, more clear and refreshed after using! The only thing I don't like about lush masks is how quick they expire :( But keep the containers and bring them back to the store, the recycle them!!
Alexandra R.
Columbus, OH
Lush products smell delightful but i have found that they don’t always work great for me. I also don’t care for the fact that most all of their masks need refrigerated and have a short shelf life. I prefer to have something kept at room temperature that i can use sparingly and not in a week or two before it expires. I haven’t had much success with Lush face masks- never saw any difference than what my face looked prior to use.
Kali P.
Pittsburgh
I live for this face mask! I have a very oily T zone and when I’m feeling very oily or just in the mood for a fun mask that smells great this is my number one! It soaks up the oil on my face so wonderfully and by the time I take it off my skin smells great, is super soft and healthy feeling, and doesn’t feel as greasy or oily. I also have very sensitive skin which this product doesn’t break me out at all which I love!!
Monica E.
Celina, OH
I LOVE this product and all products by LUSH! They are an amazing company that care and give the best of products that are natural and helpful. I have been using their products for over a year and would not choose any other! Their staff always matches me with the best mask for the time of my combination skin. Their products have helped me to manage my combination skin, decrease my acne and pores while tightening and making my face feel fresh again. I recommend LUSH products to everyone!
Claire C.
This is one of LUSH's fresh masks, which means it has to be refrigerated and does have to be used within a few weeks. But, in my opinion, its one of the best masks they have! Its fairly inexpensive, around $10, and I usually get about 8 or so uses out of it. It's specifically designed for oiler or combination skin and to help with acne and pores. I can see results immediately. Plus, it smells like chocolate!
Briana T.
College Sta, TX
I have super oily skin...does this leave your face feeling refreshed? Is it worth buying?
Danica M.
Riverside, CA
How hard is this to spread on your face?
NATTRACTIVE R.
Sun Valley, CA
I bought Lush Cupcake mask yesterday, but the mask is quite drying and hard to spread around. Does anybody else experience this same problem?
Tessa R.
Petersburg, MI
Does this mask help acne
Nicole K.
How much is this face mask