BY LUSH #25 in Face Masks

If you suffer from oily or troubled skin, slather it in this mattifying cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse, this is one sweet savior. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Sign us up.

How to use: Smooth mask all over your skin. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse off with warm water, massaging as you go.

ingredients

Rhassoul Mud (Moroccan Lava Clay) Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) Glycerine Talc Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Fresh Mint (Mentha Piperita) (Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf) Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill) Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata) Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) *Limonene Fragrance *Occurs naturally in essential oils

LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask
  • "This stuff smells amazing!!! It isn't self preserving so you do have to keep this in the fridge! I really liked this mask, however it broke my sisters skin out and she is acne prone! I have sensitive skin as well, but it didn't break me out. " in 137 reviews
marie a.
Even though this mask is targeted for oily, acne prone skin, I think all skin types would benefit from this mask. It is really good at balancing the skin by gently removing excess oil and leaving it soft without feeling heavy. Yes, you do have to refrigerate it, and yes it doesn't have the best shelf life, but it's not as expensive as other masks you get elsewhere. Because of the shelf life, I don't feel guilty really slathering a thick layer onto my skin. It has a floral chocolate fudge smell, but I love it!

This is a great gentle mask for those who want to pamper themselves and mask 2-3x a week. I've left this on for longer than suggested and didn't suffer any excessive dryness or skin irritations (even on the thin and sensitive skin on my neck!), just smooth, clean skin.

But if you're looking for a mask that will pulverize zits, and suck the life out of your pores like a vampire, this is not the mask for you (enter Aztec Indian Healing Clay for your more aggressive needs).
Ashly C.
Walnut
This is the first fresh face mask I’ve ever purchased from Lush and my overall review of it is ok. A part of the container was empty so I was kind of disappointed because it was around $10. Also, it is very thick and really hard to spread around the face. It attaches to my finger and usually rolls up so I can’t spread it all around. The scent is also quite strong, it smells a little like chocolate but mostly dirt. On the bright side, I did notice the redness from my face go away which was really amazing and reduced the oil from my skin. Overall, this product does the job but it’s very complicated.
💫Abby E.
Can we just take a second and talk about how freaking AMAZING this mask smells! It’s like a chocolate mint paradise! I am a HUGE lushie, and this was one of the first products I had purchased from the brand, and ever since, I have not been disappointed. I love that it is so fresh, that you have to refrigerate it. Which makes the whole experience so much better, because it is nice and cool. Perfect for when you have had one of those long and exhausting days and you want nothing more than to cuddle up to your cat, watch some Netflix and get your face mask on!! 💎
Rachel S.
Hoover, AL
For other oily sister like me, this may be for you! I look for skincare that controls my oily skin while exfoliating. Cupcake has been my saving grace! It is a chocolate heaven that calms and softens. It also has spearmint and sandalwood oils! I leave mine in the fridge for a cooling effect, rub it all over my face, let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. It rids my skin of impurities for a deep clean feel. The smell is amazing too!
Sami B.
Las Vegas, NV
This mask works great! I will come straight out and say that the reason why I am giving this a 4 star rating instead of 5 stars is because this mask has to be refrigerated which is kind of inconvenient — I will say that putting the chilled mask on your face does feel wonderful, though! I absolutely love Lush because they use natural ingredients in their products that could go bad if not kept refrigerated, but I do find myself gravitating towards other masks over this one when shopping at Lush just because of the fact that if I purchase the mask I’m unable to leave it with the rest of my skincare items. Other than that, I really don’t have anything bad to say about this mask at all. Not only does this mask smell amazing, but it also does wonderful things for my face! I have extremely sensitive, red, and acne prone skin and this helped minimize the amount of blemishes appearing on my face on a regular basis, and it also helped soothe my redness and didn’t irritate my skin at all! Overall I feel like this mask is awesome aside from the inconvenience of it needing to be refrigerated
Nikki E.
Miramar, FL
I am obsessed with all LUSH products. I have combination/sensitive skin & I have never found anything to really clear my face up & keep it hydrated. Honestly the pricing is perfect for the natural products you are getting & you know you’re paying for ingredients not just packaging like most skin care lines you find at Sephora or ulta. I truly am a LUSH activist & recommend all LUSH products to my friends & family when they have any skin concerns. I love what the brand stands for as well, overall great company.
Crystal D.
Long Beach
LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask is not a personal favorite of mine. My skin is very dry/dehydrated and this mask is best for absorbing a lot of oil with rhassoul mud and cocoa powder. For someone who produces a lot of oil, this will be AMAZING for you. The product isn’t harsh at all, smells like a dream, and feels cooling from added peppermint oil. When I feel like I need a detox I usually would grab for LUSH Mask of Magnaminty instead because it doesn’t dry me out. But, Cupcake does clear out the pores and make the skin very smooth. Wouldn’t recommend for someone with dry skin.
Madison R.
Yuma, AZ
Lush!!!😍😍 not only are they VEGAN and NATURAL but they don’t test on animals!! I think I hear angels singing😍😍 but seriously all of their face masks are worth a try!! I love that you keep them in the fridge which makes them stay extra fresh!! The cupcake mask smells like chocolate, and looks like you rubbed brownie batter all over your face! Lol I could seriously eat this stuff it smells so yummy!! Just like a cupcake! The cooling effect from it being in the fridge also feels very nice ! Super soothing and hydrating!
Amanda T.
Toronto
First and foremost, the scent of this mask its STRONG. It's an overpowering smell of cocoa powder and their concoction of oils which have quite a musky/piney smell. It's also a very, very think mask, it was actually quite hard to apply because it was so thick. This mask didn't do much other than removing the oils from my face. It didn't calm my redness of anything as promised which is what enticed me into buying it in the first place. So needles s to say, I won't be repurchasing it again.
Heather E.
Raleigh , NC
It smells.... odd. Definitely not like real chocolate. Smells like a fake chocolate with a weird earthy undertone? Smell aside, it’s hard to spread around the face without tugging the skin, which I do not like since I am all about wrinkle prevention. Once it’s on and it’s ready to come off, this takes forever to rinse away. It expires in no time, which is also frustrating as I’ve had to throw out unused product. At least it makes the skin soft and smooth for an okay price.
Danica M.
Riverside, CA
How hard is this to spread on your face?
Lauren C.
Pineville , LA
Does this have to be refrigerated?
Nicole K.
How much is this face mask
Briana T.
College Sta, TX
I have super oily skin...does this leave your face feeling refreshed? Is it worth buying?
NATTRACTIVE R.
Irwindale, CA
I bought Lush Cupcake mask yesterday, but the mask is quite drying and hard to spread around. Does anybody else experience this same problem?