BY LUSH #29 in Face Masks

If you suffer from oily or troubled skin, slather it in this mattifying cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse, this is one sweet savior. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Sign us up.

How to use: Smooth mask all over your skin. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse off with warm water, massaging as you go.

ingredients

Rhassoul Mud (Moroccan Lava Clay) Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) Glycerine Talc Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Fresh Mint (Mentha Piperita) (Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf) Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill) Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata) Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) *Limonene Fragrance *Occurs naturally in essential oils

LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask
  • "This stuff smells amazing!!! It isn't self preserving so you do have to keep this in the fridge! I really liked this mask, however it broke my sisters skin out and she is acne prone! I have sensitive skin as well, but it didn't break me out. " in 137 reviews
marie a.
Even though this mask is targeted for oily, acne prone skin, I think all skin types would benefit from this mask. It is really good at balancing the skin by gently removing excess oil and leaving it soft without feeling heavy. Yes, you do have to refrigerate it, and yes it doesn't have the best shelf life, but it's not as expensive as other masks you get elsewhere. Because of the shelf life, I don't feel guilty really slathering a thick layer onto my skin. It has a floral chocolate fudge smell, but I love it!

This is a great gentle mask for those who want to pamper themselves and mask 2-3x a week. I've left this on for longer than suggested and didn't suffer any excessive dryness or skin irritations (even on the thin and sensitive skin on my neck!), just smooth, clean skin.

But if you're looking for a mask that will pulverize zits, and suck the life out of your pores like a vampire, this is not the mask for you (enter Aztec Indian Healing Clay for your more aggressive needs).
Molly W.
San Antonio
This face mask has so many things going for it: it feels good on the skin, it leaves the skin soft and fresh, and it smells like chocolate! I was a little skeptical about the clay-like texture of this product because I thought it would create a mess. Turns out I was half right. The mask goes onto the face very smoothly and usually doesn't make a mess during the process. A couple of times a chunk or two fell on the floor, but it was easy to pick up and left no residue. Taking the mask off is a different story however. Residue tends to get all over my sink, and it's hard to rinse off the wash cloth I use for removal. Overall though, I am impressed with this product and will be trying more LUSH face masks in the future.
Andie S.
Rolla, MO
I absolutely love this mask and have for such a long time. This mask for one smells amazing that you almost want to eat it! It is perfect if you have oily skin (sometimes I do) or acne prone/troubled skin, this really helps with mattifying your skin. The spearmint, peppermint, and mint truly help with cooling down your skin to help relieve it and make it feel new, as well as vanilla to calm it. Lastly it has rhassoul mud to get a really deep cleanse on your pores that may be causing the problems. This is a mask that you could just apply to your troubled areas and then use another mask to nourish on your other areas. I love this mask!
Alyza H.
Charlotte , NC
I love using Lush as they’re all natural products and always coming up with something new. I get so excited going to the mall as you can smell the amazing goodness from lush as you walk up to it. I always have to walk out with something and I ended up with the cupcake face mask. My boyfriend and I both used this mask which says a lot because he likes to be all macho when it comes to things like this. Silly boys. I think it was the chocolate that convinced him since he’s obsessed with chocolate. I did like how soft and fresh it left our skin.

Sami B.
Las Vegas, NV
This mask works great! I will come straight out and say that the reason why I am giving this a 4 star rating instead of 5 stars is because this mask has to be refrigerated which is kind of inconvenient — I will say that putting the chilled mask on your face does feel wonderful, though! I absolutely love Lush because they use natural ingredients in their products that could go bad if not kept refrigerated, but I do find myself gravitating towards other masks over this one when shopping at Lush just because of the fact that if I purchase the mask I’m unable to leave it with the rest of my skincare items. Other than that, I really don’t have anything bad to say about this mask at all. Not only does this mask smell amazing, but it also does wonderful things for my face! I have extremely sensitive, red, and acne prone skin and this helped minimize the amount of blemishes appearing on my face on a regular basis, and it also helped soothe my redness and didn’t irritate my skin at all! Overall I feel like this mask is awesome aside from the inconvenience of it needing to be refrigerated
Nikki E.
Miramar, FL
I am obsessed with all LUSH products. I have combination/sensitive skin & I have never found anything to really clear my face up & keep it hydrated. Honestly the pricing is perfect for the natural products you are getting & you know you’re paying for ingredients not just packaging like most skin care lines you find at Sephora or ulta. I truly am a LUSH activist & recommend all LUSH products to my friends & family when they have any skin concerns. I love what the brand stands for as well, overall great company.
Crystal D.
Long Beach
LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask is not a personal favorite of mine. My skin is very dry/dehydrated and this mask is best for absorbing a lot of oil with rhassoul mud and cocoa powder. For someone who produces a lot of oil, this will be AMAZING for you. The product isn’t harsh at all, smells like a dream, and feels cooling from added peppermint oil. When I feel like I need a detox I usually would grab for LUSH Mask of Magnaminty instead because it doesn’t dry me out. But, Cupcake does clear out the pores and make the skin very smooth. Wouldn’t recommend for someone with dry skin.
Madison R.
Yuma, AZ
Lush!!!😍😍 not only are they VEGAN and NATURAL but they don’t test on animals!! I think I hear angels singing😍😍 but seriously all of their face masks are worth a try!! I love that you keep them in the fridge which makes them stay extra fresh!! The cupcake mask smells like chocolate, and looks like you rubbed brownie batter all over your face! Lol I could seriously eat this stuff it smells so yummy!! Just like a cupcake! The cooling effect from it being in the fridge also feels very nice ! Super soothing and hydrating!
Amanda T.
Toronto
First and foremost, the scent of this mask its STRONG. It's an overpowering smell of cocoa powder and their concoction of oils which have quite a musky/piney smell. It's also a very, very think mask, it was actually quite hard to apply because it was so thick. This mask didn't do much other than removing the oils from my face. It didn't calm my redness of anything as promised which is what enticed me into buying it in the first place. So needles s to say, I won't be repurchasing it again.
Heather E.
Raleigh, NC
It smells.... odd. Definitely not like real chocolate. Smells like a fake chocolate with a weird earthy undertone? Smell aside, it’s hard to spread around the face without tugging the skin, which I do not like since I am all about wrinkle prevention. Once it’s on and it’s ready to come off, this takes forever to rinse away. It expires in no time, which is also frustrating as I’ve had to throw out unused product. At least it makes the skin soft and smooth for an okay price.
Danica M.
Riverside, CA
How hard is this to spread on your face?
NATTRACTIVE R.
Sun Valley, CA
I bought Lush Cupcake mask yesterday, but the mask is quite drying and hard to spread around. Does anybody else experience this same problem?
Briana T.
College Sta, TX
I have super oily skin...does this leave your face feeling refreshed? Is it worth buying?
Lauren C.
Pineville, LA
Does this have to be refrigerated?
Nicole K.
How much is this face mask