BY LUSH #27 in Face Masks

Cupcake is our one fresh face mask that was created for a bit of fun. At the time, our inventor’s daughter was a young girl having slumber parties with her girlfriends every weekend, so he whipped up a chocolate mint mask for young, oily skin (officially solidifying him as the coolest dad ever). If you suffer from oily or spotty skin, slather it in this cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse- Cupcake is a sweet savior for young faces. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Every teenage girl’s dream.

• I hear this is a good mask for blemishes. Has anyone one else tri...3 Answers
  • How much is this face mask3 Answers
  • Does this really smell like a cupcake lol ?2 Answers
Jess V.
Jess V.
Sacramento, CA
Whenever I go into Lush and look at the face masks, an employee generally asks me which is my favorite. It's very hard to say, because they're all so great, but this one is a huge contender. I have combo skin that breaks out constantly, and this seems to help! I leave it on as long as possible (generally 30 mins or so), and then wash it off with my Clarisonic. It leaves my face glowing and feeling supple. I don't apply lotion afterward because it leaves a slight residue, but I like the feeling of it. My only qualm with the product is the smell. It isn't bad, but it isn't my favorite. However, my dog loves the way it smells, and always tries to lick it off of my face when I'm wearing it.
Hayley S.
Hayley S.
Durham, N.C.
I really love this mask. It smells of chocolate mint frosting and it feels heavenly on my skin. I put it on for 10-15 mins and then wash it off. It leaves my skin soft, clean, and it helps clear your pores a little bit and makes them smaller. I I wish it was something I could use more often because you can only use it once or twice a week. I love to use this and then rinse it off, then wash my face with the angels on bare skin cleanser and it leaves me skin SO soft and wonderful. I think it's kind of awkward to have a thick chocolate mask on your face but it's definitely worth it.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Princeton, MN
The Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask is absolutely amazing! I love Lush products for being that they are made with natural ingredients, but also that they do not test on animals.

This mask definitely helps with my oily skin problems. I use it and 3 days or when my skin is over oily. The product did not bother my face, nor did it cause me to break out, which can be a problem with most mask I've tried in the past. The mask manages my acne breakouts, but also helps with any redness. The price is ok for how small the pot is, but a little will go a long way.
Lana R.
Lana R.
This is my favorite of the Lush face masks, however I am not as big a fan of these masks in general as compared to their Mask of Magnaminty. These used to only cost $5 but unfortunately now the prices have risen and are variable per mask. You get more of the Mask of Magnaminty and it's a flat cost of $13 so I think that's a better value. The Cupcake mask definitely smells the best and does a bit of something for my skin, but it's only worth it when getting it free for returning five clean pots of other Lush products.
Jay H.
Jay H.
Orlando, FL
I have heard mixed reviews regarding the smell of the mask. If you enjoy the smell of chocolate, you will enjoy the smell of the mask! This is a clay mask so the texture is thicker as opposed to light and creamy. This can only be used about once a week due to the deep cleaning it can achieve so bear that in mind if you're looking for something to use daily. Afterwards, your skin is left feeling soft and with a smell of chocolate. I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin looking for a deep cleaning.
Erin C.
Erin C.
This was the first face mask that I tried from Lush and I absolutely loved it! I have oily skin and it made my skin glow after just one use. It seems a little pricey for such a small amount of product, but this mask lasts for forever! It smells amazing, like chocolate and mint, and it is made out of fresh ingredients which is a bonus. For this mask, I would recommend applying it onto a wet face to help it go on easier as this is one of the drier face masks from Lush. I would absolutely repurchase this again!
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Kennesaw, GA
I used this for the first time about a week ago. The packaging is nice, typical lush packaging. You do have to keep this product in the refrigerator in between uses. It was a gentle mask but you have to be aggressive to apply it. It is very thick and I think the fact that it is cold does not help this. I enjoyed the experience of wearing this thick mask with the cool effect. And my skin did in fact feel softer and smoothr afterwards. Overall a good product.
Mariana C.
Mariana C.
Beeville, TX
I know one of the big selling points of this mask is that it smells like chocolate, which is cool. What they don't tell you is that it's more of a raw cocoa smell than whatever it is you're expecting. However, who really cares when it leaves the skin feeling and looking great. You may have to use it a few times to start to see a change, especially if your skin isn't used to it, but the results will come.
Kaylee S.
Kaylee S.
This product is wonderful. I'm not big on face masks, but I decided to try it because I appreciate the company's culture. Overall, the mask is a winner and I would definitely recommend the brand. I drove about a half an hour to get this and the shave cream. I was very impressed with the staff and the fact that they were on top of it as soon as I walked in the door even though it was pretty busy.
Ally G.
Ally G.
Floral Park, NY
This is probably my favorite face mask by Lush. First off it smells amazing! It even leaves your face smelling like cupcakes after you use it. After washing it off my face feels so clean and fresh. It doesn't leave your face feeling super tight like other masks. It just makes it feel soft and like you got a deep clean. But seriously the best part is smelling like a chocolate cupcake
Briana T.
Briana T.
College Sta, TX
I have super oily skin...does this leave your face feeling refreshed? Is it worth buying?
Danica M.
Danica M.
Riverside, CA
How hard is this to spread on your face?
NATTRACTIVE R.
NATTRACTIVE R.
West Covina, CA
I bought Lush Cupcake mask yesterday, but the mask is quite drying and hard to spread around. Does anybody else experience this same problem?
Sadie F.
Sadie F.
Does this really work? Does it moisturize your skin? How's the smell?
Marlene G.
Marlene G.
Los Angeles, CA
I hear this is a good mask for blemishes. Has anyone one else tried this mask?