BY LUSH #1 in Face Masks

If you're a sucker for the strong, dark, stimulating type, this coffee-filled mask is just the thing to kick-start your day. Wake up and invigorate the skin and mind with the rich, intoxicating aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sweet roasted cocoa extract. Kaolin deeply cleanses impurities from the pores and ground coffee acts as a gentle scrub to buff away dryness and reveal the glowing skin beneath. Smooth this one all over your body to feel soft, clean and wonderfully fragrant.

• Where can I get this ?3 Answers
  • I really want this! Has anyone personally used it?3 Answers
  • I've been wanting to try one of Lush's face mask products but don...6 Answers
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
If there was only one Lush product I could purchase for the rest of my life, it would be this scrub. Priced at $19.99 for the full sized tub, it's one of the more reasonably priced facial masks in the Lush skincare line.

The fresh coffee aroma pleasant and wakes you right up when you apply this, even if you aren't really a coffee person. The caffeine in the coffee grinds help rejuvenate and perk up your skin and make you glow, and you won't have to worry about the coffee staining your skin.

I love that this is made with agave syrup as a base instead of coconut oil so that it agrees with more people's skin and doesn't clog pores, especially for those of us with combination/oily acne prone skin.

When I use this, I leave this on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off to reveal a beautiful, glowing complexion and smooth skin. This is an excellent physical exfoliant and while I prefer to opt for chemical exfoliants, I only use this when it's absolutely necessary to scrub like crazy! This stuff will make your skin feel like it didn't have any surface issues whatsoever.
Savannah H.
Oceanside
Beauty Junkie Expert
This Lush coffee scrub/mask is one of my favorites from Lush. I would say it’s definitely not gentle with the grinded up coffee beans in it. It’s that right amount of scrub to clean your face from old skin cells and to make it soft and fresh. What’s great about this product is that you apply it on, scrub it around your face, and leave it on to let the caffeine soak into your skin. It’s also great when you forget to wash your face the night before and you need a pick me up face mask in the morning. On top of that, Lush is a pretty ethical company. The packaging is re-usable and if you collect 5 Lush pots you can get a free fresh face mask.
Sabrin H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just used up one of these. It's great. It's a very convenient and easy inexpensive product. It's pure vitamin e, and much easier and cleaner than the oil or sticking a needle in a capsule and spreading that on. It's similar to the texture of chapstick, maybe a little more slippery. I used this for my lips, and around the eyes at night. Nice hydrated skin where applied. I paid about $1.50 for it at Walmart. Need to go buy another one. The packaging is convenient, but cheap. The gold lettering mostly wore off so it's not pretty or chic, but still convenient and sturdy enough. Great value and superb product.
Angel B.
Baltimore
I purchased LUSH Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask while I was looking for a facial product that I could use once a week that would effectively cleanse and exfoliate my skin while also being gentle. I felt like I made the right choice and after using the product for about two months now I hesitate to say that I feel the same. It was a great mask to start off my day with because it smelt like freshly brewed coffee and left my skin soft and smooth, but one of the requirements that I was looking for was gentleness - this product did not meet that requirement. While massaging the mask into my skin I felt like the coffee grounds were a bit too rough and made me feel like I was being scratched by tiny needles. Although I didn't fully enjoy the process of using it as a face mask I have tried using it on my arms/legs and I must say I enjoy it more as a body mask. Overall I am pleased with the end result and intend on repurchasing (despite the discomfort once a week) and so I give this product three stars. It wasn't the worst mask I've tried and it gets the job done but I'm still on the hunt for a facial product that gently cleanses and exfoliates.
Sara R.
You guys probably already know that this. stuff. is. the. BOMB.

But let me reaffirm that for you! Now if you hate coffee and/or sweeter scents in body products - you may want to move along. It's got such a strong coffee scent and it is amazing! But definitely not for everyone.

This stuff is definitely good for doing a quick scrub down of the face and body in the shower to rinse off - like a fast exfoliation; or it's good for deep exfoliating - like steaming and then leaving it on for 10-20 minutes then removing it slowly and gently loofah'ing after.

I do know that sometimes people get a bit sensitive to coffee bean oils on their skin - using a product like this will have some, of course. I feel like it's usually pretty important to go with a simple, fragrance free lotion or shea/cocoa butter after I exfoliate anyways. It keeps the skin clearer and less prone to irritations.

Also, this is certainly worth its price! You don't have to use a lot and it lasts forever!
Sabrina |.
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I first got this face mask, I was kind of skeptical about if this would actually work or not but it was pretty good. This could be used on your face and all over your body. Its like a scrub and it leaves your face feeling like a baby’s butt. Literally my face felt so flippin soft y’all! But be sure you get the size you’ll actually use because if you wont use it often, it can expire and it won’t be of use to you anymore!! So get a size you know you’ll use fully & not waste what you buy :)
Kendall K.
Florence, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this mask! I’ve used it twice now and it makes my skin feel so good. It’s very gentle on my skin and makes it feel so smooth. It’s my first time ever biting this product, but I will definitely be using it again. I love the formula and how it dries down. This mask dries sticky so it’s not as hard to scrub off your face. The coffee grounds makes for a good exfoliater when you’re washing the mask off. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!
Liz W.
Nashville, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a LUSHaholic. I love everything LUSH, I love the experience, I love the branding, I love the way that natural products leave your skin feeling (and smelling). This particular scrub is one of my all time faves because it is so versatile. Honestly, my skin on my face only can take this scrub maybe once a month. For whatever reason my skin gets a little sensitive when I use this and I think it is just due to the coarse texture of the coffee grounds (hence the 4 star). My body, however, LOVES this scrub. It is perfect for morning showers when you have just woken up and need a pick me up. I also really love the benefits of this crafted scrub, as coffee is known to help with the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks when used consistently (i.e. this scrub is what I call the booty scrub ;) I have already used my first tub and I will keep buying this!
Hannah A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Lush face masks no matter what kind I get. I would repurchase this mask, but I want to try the blue face mask instead. This mask is moisturizing and very exfoliating. It is a mess to take off, so I usually use this on a shower night. Showering makes this a breeze to take off, no cleaning the tub required. It smells just like a cup of sweetened coffee. Now, I have two more empty tubs. Only three more to go, which are a hair mask, hair lightener, and a shower jelly. I will continue to buy from Lush, but probably only once a year on Dean's birthday, which happens to be unboxing day. I like to spend a good $50 at Lush for a good haul. If I use up all of my stuff by then, I might spend a little more money. I'm also considering a quarterly subscription to fortune cookie soap box. It's $80 a year though, so my Lush haul is more affordable. :)
Katerine L.
Stigler, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
amazing, my new lush favorite.

This thing is so fantastic!

First off all, the smell.. It's amazing. It smells just like a rich cup of coffee with cream.

I only had to use about a teaspoons amount. A TEASPOON AMOUNT. Maybe less! I used an E.l.f makeup brush to spread it on in a nice but still thin layer on my face. Thicker in my problem areas, my chin, T zone and corners of my nose.

I left it on for a good 15 minutes, rinsed it off with warm water in a circling motion.

The scrubbiness is the perfect amount! It's not too messy and is easily cleaned up if it gets on your sink or tub.

After I pat dried my face, I felt clearer than before, more energetic, my face felt clean, soft, awake.

This is just so fantastic... I use it 2 times a week, sometimes more... It's such a guilty pleasure.
Christina A.
I got this mask for Christmas and was wondering how many times a week or month I should wash my face with it. I have dry/acne prone skin and would like to know a good basis to help my skin.
Millie L.
just wondering, are these masks peal off or wash off?
Ellen C.
Marietta, GA
Is this a mask or more of a scrub? It looks gritty so I wasn't sure if it would work as both.
Tiana F.
I've been wanting to try one of Lush's face mask products but don't know which one to pick. Is this good for sensitive skin? Have your results been as great as described? Any other comments or recommendations??
Anna K.
Valrico, FL
How does this work for oily skin?