Lush Caca Noir Henna Hair Dye
By LUSH
Brooke R.
Mt Pleasant, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How exactly do you use this stuff?
Maddie L.
Maddie L.
Rolla, MO
3 months, 2 weeks ago
The first step is you want to cut the amount you want to use into small chucks and put it in a heat resistant bowl. Next I boil some water and pour it in a little at a time and mix the henna and the water together with a wooden spoon. Once it gets to the consistency of brownie batter then you've added enough water. The henna should be fully melted at this point. Some people double boil the mixture, I don't really think it makes a difference as long as you keep the mixture warm after you've mixed everything together. I suggest you put the henna on your hair outside. It is very messy and crumbles. Make sure you wear gloves when applying because it does stain. I apply with my hands only to my hair. I leave my on for about 3 1/2 hours. Lush suggests you leave it on for 2-4 hours. I wrap my hair in food-grade plastic wrap and then a shower cap to prevent any leaks. If you do buy a henna bar from lush the instructions are included.