LUSH Caca Noir Henna Hair Dye uploaded by Maddie L.

BY LUSH

The darkest of our henna blocks, Noir is made from fair trade cocoa butter, the finest Persian henna and deep blue indigo hues to leave hair soft, glossy and deeply conditioned. Those with dark hair will notice a rich blue-black tint throughout, and the more you use it, the more the color intensifies. After the first use, your hair will turn several shades darker, but to truly release your dark side, apply every 4-6 weeks.

How to use: 1. Break your henna into several large pieces in a heat-resistant bowl and add hot water sparingly. Mix until it's the consistency of melted chocolate, adding water as necessary.
2. Place your bowl in a saucepan of simmering water to keep it warm while you apply. Ensure henna is cool enough to comfortably touch the skin. Apply Ultrabalm around the hairline and ears to prevent staining.
3. Using rubber gloves, apply the henna to clean dry hair, working in sections from back to front. Start at the roots and smooth through the length of the hair. Note: henna should never be applied to an abraded scalp, or anywhere near the eye area.
4. Leave the henna on your hair for two to four hours. Cover your hair with cling film for a redder shade, or leave it open to the hair for a darker color. Wash the henna from the hair using warm water, shampoo and conditioner.

ingredients

Indigo herb (Indigofera tinctoria) Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Red Henna (Lawsonia inermis) (Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract) Irish Moss Powder (Chondrus crispus) (Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract) Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia Caryophyllus) *Citral *Eugenol *Geraniol *Citronellol *Limonene *Linalool Fragrance *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• my hair is natural and I wanna know if this wont be harmful to it 1 Answers
  • I have long hair (Halfway down my back, past the bottom of my sh...1 Answers
  • My hair is really fine. Will it wash out faster because of that?1 Answers
LUSH Caca Noir Henna Hair Dye
  • "Do your hair in layers, I use a couple of clips to hold sections of my hair out of the way, and make sure you're wearing something you can take on/off easily without going over your head (i.e." in 2 reviews
  • "It's a great product and definitely a fantastic alternative to regular color treatment." in 2 reviews
  • "Although this is a commitment, and it is a lengthy process, I love it and love the natural look of the color, I would never go back to 'box hair dyes'." in 2 reviews
  • "My friend and I decided to try to use their Caca Rouge on her light brown hair and honestly it was one of the messiest experiences in my life." in 1 review
  • "I really enjoy the Henna from Lush although, I was not informed that you would need to actually strip your hair after using it if you want to go back to chemical hair dyes." in 1 review
Priscilla R.
Centralia, WA
*I used the shade Caca Brun
I love this product! My hair naturally lightens to a medium blonde in the summer, so in the fall I begin to see the line of brunette growing in and it looks weird. I didn’t want to use chemicals to dye my hair, but I didn’t want to keep seeing this ugly line! I could not have been more pleased! The hair past the line is still a little lighter and overall my hair has dimension and doesn’t look flat. I didn’t cover it at all during the three hours the product was on my hair, so it doesn’t have a reddish tinge at all.
Many reviews I read before purchasing mentioned how messy it is, but I found that as long as you mix it to the correct consistency it’s not terribly messy. It did not stain any of my tub and shower either.
H S.
I bought this for my mother when she was sick of chemically dying her hair and wanted a natural way to color her hair. We're the types to enjoy DIY projects so please keep that in mind! I have been doing this for my mother for years so this has become a fun mother-daughter bonding time for us.

Look up all the tips and tricks for this product, such as using coffee instead of water for more dark color. Use a vaseline-type product to protect the skin. Cut each block into the smaller blocks, or use a grater and grate it like a block of cheese so the product melts faster! I also include powdered henna so my mother can really hide her white hairs.

Please don't be fooled: it gets messy, but it's a fun type of messy. It was especially messy the first few times, because we would be stuck in the bathroom with our hands covered in this henna dye but we needed cling wrap from the kitchen. It's a fun learning experience, but after years of doing this, we have a system in place and know the proper preparation.

My mom keeps this on with cling wrap and a shower cap for at least 6 hours. Once she rinses it off, her hair is super soft!

As for the color, it lasts a 4-6 weeks for my mother. It's important to note she did NOT use color safe shampoo so that might prolong the color. Definitely try it out and keep in mind this WILL be messy!
Corinne Z.
Cincinnati, OH
If you have never used Henna on your hair rethink that. I have been using this product for almost as long as they have had it and I love it. It is a process and it can be messy but the result is amazing. It took my hair from semi brittle and dull to amazing and shiny. I'm not just talking any regular deep conditioner... This stuff got rid of may split ends, left my hair feeling amazing and like it was brought back to life. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't like putting harsh chemicals in their hair.
Megan H.
I really love this stuff. A couple things you'll want to note BEFORE using: you can NOT simply go 'back' to a regular 'box dye' or chemical dye, not even at a salon, after using Henna. You can not mix the henna with those chemicals or your hair will be a catastrophe! You must first commit that you will do your hair with henna from now or on, or until it grows out. As for the dye, I LOVE it, because the color lasts indefinitely. It is NOT like semi or demi permanent hair dyes!! It will NOT wash out/fade out after 30-40 washes or what ever the norm is for chemical hair dyes. The only way to really get rid of it (aside from some harsh chemical stripping), is to let it GROW out. The color will still be very vibrant, which makes noticeable roots if your natural color is very different from the dyed color. The color will fade a little bit over time. I died my hair over a year ago and have not been able to re-dye my entire head (was only able to do roots a few months back) and you can not even tell a bit of difference, except the beautiful bright color in the length of my hair versus my (newly growing in) roots. Note that am I using caca rouge mama -the red dye, not noir -black, and have a natural ash blonde hair color. The bad thing about this dye is simply that it is VERY time consuming, and I would NEVER attempt to do this to myself on my own! You will need a buddy and plenty of old newspapers to lay down, plus an old t shirt or nothing at all to wear, and an ENTIRE BOTTLE of cheap conditioner to wash this out! The best way to make this work is to have your buddy apply it (after melting to a 'brownie batter' consistency in a double boiler -(Note here that some people simply CAN NOT stand the smell of this. The smell does not bother me, nor anyone who has helped me with application, but I have heard many people complain that it gives them headaches and smells badly, this is not the case for me.) and preferably apply vaseline or something similar to skin around hair line) and then wrap your head up in seran wrap, or I prefer a cheap plastic shower cap, then wrap in a towl. HEAT is what makes this product work the best and that is the reason for that step, although not entirely necessary. I usually let this sit on my hair for 5 hours, although Lush claims only 2 and a half is necessary. When you wash it out in the shower it is quite literally like washing clumps of mud out of your hair. I use nearly an entire bottle of cheap conditioner and it takes a while but works great! You'll want to give the color at least 3 days to complete developing after you rinse out the dye, but it does not change a whole lot in that time. Usually it will get a bit brighter and more vibrant. You should not wash your hair for at least 2-3 days after dying, either. Your hair will be VERY SOFT and HEALTHY. Although this is a commitment, and it is a lengthy process, I love it and love the natural look of the color, I would never go back to 'box hair dyes'. I have been using Henna hair dye for 3 years so far. Only reasons for 4 stars instead of 5: it is a lengthy process and requires a friend to help (for me), and I can only get the product from online at lush and have to wait and pay for shipping because the closest lush to me is more than 3 hours away.
Nassim N.
Las Vegas , NV
Say no to this product. It sounds good in theory but it didn't do anything for my dark hair. I use natural henna from my country which has a more stronger impact than this. I love other Lush products. I unfortunately couldn't get my money back as there's nothing to return since it was used. I recommend to buy natural henna from a Middle Eastern shop instead.
Shawn R.
Boise, ID
I'm a chemical hairdye virgin and have only ever used Lush's line of henna dyes. I love this stuff, it works like a mask (my hair always feels great after using one of these dyes) and gives you a new color. Granted I'm a brunette so the color transformation isn't drastic, but with the Noir you can definitely tell it has indigo and darkened my hair noticeably a few shades.

If you've never use this product get ready for the intense earthy veggie smell. I offset it by using coffee instead of straight hot water to mix the henna into a paste for you hair. Your house will smell like this for a day or two, but honestly I don't mind it.

It can also be quite messy so here's a few tips:

1. Buy a pair of cheap rubber dishwashing gloves. I use them every time I henna and then you don't stain your arms or hands.

2. Use Vaseline on your hairline (don't forget the back of your neck or behind your ears) to guard from staining your skin and cover with a shower cap while your hair is soaking in the henna loveliness.

3. Do your hair in layers, I use a couple of clips to hold sections of my hair out of the way, and make sure you're wearing something you can take on/off easily without going over your head (i.e. man's button up shirt).

4. Use an appropriate amount for the length of your hair. When my hair was down to my armpits I used half of the henna per dye.
I purchased this henna after trying many other brands and not getting results that I was satisfied with. My hair is dark brown /black and I purchased this to hopefully give my hair a bluish cast without having to use unwanted harsh chemicals. The instructions were clear and straight forward, there was no 12+ hour wait or long preparation time, and the color pay off was amazing! I'd recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to use harsh chemicals, but wants a change with their hair! I'd definitely purchase  LUSH Caca Noir Henna Hair Dye  again!
Maddie L.
Rolla, MO
I use the lush caca marron. This product is very messy but I love it. I've use it multiple time. People think it's my natural hair color. It last a while to because it's actually stains the hair. It's also less expensive then a trip to the salon.
Mia H.
Oh no no no. It was a headache from beginning to end. It was super messy to apply and took about two hours with my long hair. I left it in for 12 hours to be sure that the color really stayed in my hair, which meant that I had to wait for a day off from work and couldn't leave my house. The removal was even more messy than the application. Everything in my bathroom was eventually covered in a green wash. It took about an hour to wash out, and even then, it continued to wash out little by little every time I washed my hair for the next two weeks. After those two weeks, the color started washing out of my hair as well. I use a shampoo that's safe for dyed hair and contains no parabens, so I know that my shampoo was not the culprit. The ladies at Lush were so excited for me to try it and asked for me to come back and show them how it turned out, but I was so disappointed with the results that I didn't have the heart to go back.
Diandra E.
Atlanta, GA
Messy but I love it and how it naturally glazed my hair color and added a reddish hue!

I should of read directions first before using ended up making it harder than it was
Katie K.
Bremerton, WA
How long does the color last?
Abrianna G.
I have always bleached my hair will this work?
Elizabeth B.
Fernie
Does this hair dye work better then box dyes? Does it make your hair look better that what it would look like if I used the box dye?
Allie G.
Wilkes Barre, PA
Does any of lush henna dye get rid of red or any red tints in your hair?
Rachel A.
Wait, does this product color your hair and if so, what color?