LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo

by LUSH

Over half the base of Big shampoo is made with sea salt to help give massive volume to hair in need of a boost. Sea salt is also full of minerals and de-greases hair, removing dead skin cells and dirt without stripping natural oils for a fresh, squeaky clean feeling. We balance the sea salt with seaweed infusion and extra virgin coconut oil for soft, nourished locks. Finally, fresh citrus juices are squeezed in for incredible shine. It's no wonder this one's a best-seller!

How to use: Apply a small amount to the hair, work into a lather, then rinse thoroughly.

ingredients

Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Sodium Laureth Sulfate Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum) (Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract) Sea Water Bladderwrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus gardneri) Lauryl Betaine Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis) Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) (Citrus Aurantium Amara (Orange) Flower Water) *Limonene Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Fragrance *Occurs naturally in essential oils

What condition does this leave your hair in? Does it help dry hair?
Is this good for thick, wavy, medium length hair? I've got this in my cart online and I'm still on the fence! Did the sea salt dry your hair out? Did you notice more volume/shine?
Is this good for fine hair ? Does it help with hair falling out?
Start your review of LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo!
Malachi M.
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Malachi M.
Purchased at: LUSH Cosmetics
Pretty nice. I really like the fragrance and the way it foams in your hair. Be sure to condition after because it may leave your scalp a bit dry. I used the conditioner bar that matches this fragrance. I will probably get more!
Dominique F.
La Mirada, CA
I'm not easily impressed with hair care products, because my hair hasn't done well with any of the products I've used. So it seemed like the logical next step to use something a bit more organic than a brick in a dishwasher. So I tried this, because I was told that it would help give my fine, limp hair volume and it would help with the greasiness. I was still worried about my dry scalp, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Let me just say that this is the best shampoo I've ever used. The smell is fantastic. My hair is so so so soft afterward. I did learn that using it too often is a bad idea, so I only use it every other time I wash my hair. (So about once a week, since I wash my hair every 3ish days.) And I get some of that volume I've always wanted. Plus, it seems it's helped my dry scalp as well, somehow! I even use it as body wash sometimes because it's very exfoliating. Overall, I absolutely adore it. I pair it with Veganese conditioner (when I have the money to afford it) and Roots hair treatment. All of these together make my hair healthier than it's ever been before. No joke. I managed to grow an inch of hair in less than a month with no split ends, which is something that's never happened before. Just remember to take it with a grain of salt--use it too much, and your hair WILL dry out.
Meghan D.
Virginia Bch, VA
I did not like this product. It did not clean my hair well at all, it left it oily. I did think the smell of it was really good and natural and ocean-y
Eduardo P.
Murray, UT
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Eduardo P.
I used this for the first time tonight and my hair is so soft and smells like a delicious citrus. It works like a regular shampoo, you grab a generous amount and massage it onto your scalp, it suds up and then you can rinse it out
Shaina K.
Redlands, CA
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Shaina K.
A staple In my hair routine! With curly, thick hair, I need something that is going to clean the dirt but not be too harsh on my curls while giving it body. This product does just that.
Natasha D.
Lisbon, OH
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Natasha D.
Love this shampoo! Its prefect for fine hair as the sea salt works to add volume. Its a little strange to use at first with all the chunky salt but once you get the hang it you'll love it. Its great for those that get oily roots and have fine hair. It really cleans the scalp! I like to rotate this with other Lush shampoo 's as it can be a tad drying on my hair if I use it daily.
Nicole C.
N Ridgeville, OH
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Nicole C.
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Nicole C.
I love this interesting shampoo! 1 star off as it does have sulfates but it really cleans your hair and is a good clarifying shampoo. The smell is insanely delicious! I have very long fine hair and the best advice I can give is to use a small amount (between dime and nickel size) rub it together between your hands for a minute and apply to super soaked hair and it lathers right up with no issues. I do not get the crazy volume others describe but it cleans well. Also it doesn’t dry my hair out and it makes it super soft. I do not get to go days without washing like others either as my hair just gets oily no matter how much training I do. I get about 30 hours before my hair starts to get a little oil. Nothing dry shampoo can’t help with though.
Caity C.
Oldsmar, FL
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Caity C.
Lush's Big Shampoo is a little on the pricey side but after trying it for about a month now I do see a big difference in the way my hair feels and looks. I bought it at the Lush store at the International Mall in Tampa. In the shower you can feel your hair feeling super clean, I like the way the sea salt kind of scrubs my scalp as I'm lathering it in. Afterwards and during your hair smells amazing and I found my hair to look and feel a little more voluminous then usual. I would get it again and I would recommend this product.
Grace C.
Burlington
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Grace C.
If you like squeaky clean hair and lots of volume then this shampoo is for you. Warning: this shampoo does have pretty big granules of salt so that might take some getting used to, but it leaves your hair so clean and shiny! LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo
Taylor D.
Kearny, AZ
LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo uploaded by Taylor D.
Oh my gosh!!! This is the best shampoo I have ever used on my entire life! It makes my hair so bouncy and wavy I love it. It’s good for oily hair too! You have to use a very very small amount and then lather it. If you use too much it will never wash out of your hair and it will get greasy. This shampoo is amazing but it also costs $37!!! It lasts forever though. I highly Recommend. It also smells like downy laundry detergent (which I love)!

206 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Chelsey L.
Gosport
il y a 2 ans
Kendal C. il y a 2 ans
My hair is very fine but naturally wavy. I love the texture and volume this shampoo gives my hair.
Amanda G.
BROOKLYN, NY
il y a 2 ans
Amanda G. il y a un an
I ended up trying it out and was not very satisfied with it. It is okay as a clarifying shampoo, but not very strong. I much prefer the Christophe Robin. The Lush brand was very goopy and not "thick" enough for a scrub, it didn't feel like a particularly strong clean.