BY LUSH #94 in Shampoo

Body-building shampoo for BIG hair and loads of shine

Over half the base of Big shampoo is made with sea salt, giving massive volume to hair in need of a boost. Sea salt is also full of minerals and de-greases hair, removing dead skin cells and dirt without stripping natural oils for a fresh, squeaky clean feeling. We balance the sea salt with seaweed infusion and extra virgin coconut oil for soft, nourished locks. Finally, fresh citrus juices are squeezed in for incredible shine. It's no wonder this one is a best-seller!

Cheyanna S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have never used a shampoo that has had such a noticeable affect on my hair and scalp. The coarse sea salt in this really deep cleans the scalp. My hair stays cleaner longer. Like 2 days longer! That's huge. I thought I was imagining things but other reviews I've seen said the same thing. There is also some kind of ionized affect from the sea salt that gives your hair a ton of volume. It also smells heavenly, like a fresh ocean breeze. It's so fun to use too because you scoop it out of the tub. Don't be afraid to try this especially if you are in need of some serious volume. The sea salt dissolves quickly. You won't be left with a gritty scalp. I think this makes an excellent every-so-often clarifying shampoo too. The only thing I didn't enjoy was that the first day after washing my hair, my wavy hair became even curlier. That could be a good thing for some, but I prefer a sleeker look. Also, I wouldn't recommend this for color treated hair as it would probably be too stripping. A little goes a long way too, depending on how often you wash your hair and if you use a reasonable amount of product or not. I'm coloring my hair right now but as soon as I stop I will be going right back to this.
Ashley J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my favorite Lush product ever! I started using this shampoo years ago after a Lush employee told me about how amazing this stuff is. I don’t use this everyday because it is very clarifying and really removes all of the built up product on your hair. My hair is the softest it has ever been after using this. The smell took me a couple washes to get used to, but if you’re familiar with how most Lush products smell, then you shouldn’t have a problem with it. Also a little of this product goes a long way and at first it didn’t seem like it would lather very much, but all it takes is some warm water and to really massage it in your scalp and it does the trick. I can’t say enough good things about this shampoo, I always keep a backup on hand so I never run out!
Martha P.
Mt Pleasant, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I actually would not recommend this shampoo to be used every single time you wash your hair because its a deep cleansing shampoo that can really strip the natural oils in your hair and cause it to become even oilier. So I would recommend this only to get rid of build up gunk in your hair or if you need some serious volume. Love this product and will continue to repurchase it time after time.
Samantha S.
Fort Worth
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a really cool idea for a shampoo. I particularly liked it because I have a dry scalp that has dandruff so the salt really got in there and exfoliated my scalp really. The only thing is that it kind of made my hair a bit dry.
Kristen C.
Fullerton, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff gives my hair liiiiiiife! I have very fine hair, a lot of it, but very fine and getting good volume is always hard for me. I feel like my hair feels lightweight and lifted after I use this which means my hair stays clean a lot longer than usual.

I was recommended this by someone at LUSH and I seem to always go back to it. It smells wonderful and honestly puts me in a good mood because it smells so good. It's a great start to the day. The sea salt feels so good on your head because you know you're getting a good, natural clean. A little goes a long way with this shampoo which is good because it's about $30 for 10oz.
Denise T.
Milwaukee, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This has got to be the holy grail of shampoos! The Big shampoo by lush is one of the only product that not only worked amazing on my oily scalp but gave my hair lots of volume, even during the winter months. It's a little on the expensive side but, a little bit goes a long way and it's handmade.
Ginamarie G.
Philadelphia, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I’m so obsessed with this shampoo! The store associate recommended it to me because I was noticing that my hair was getting very thin. A little goes a long way with this and I love the consistency. It’s really like thick sea salt for your hair. Love love love this!
Faith R.
Simi Valley, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great shampoo if your looking to give your hair some volume! Very moisturizing and the sea salt gives you a nice beach texture if you let it air dry. I love to follow up with LUSH’s sea spray afterwards to have beautiful beaches waves throughout the day.
Mallory P.
Cleveland
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is what I'll be gifting to my sister this year. We both love this shampoo. It really boosts volume and keeps hair clean for more than just a day. It smells phenomenal and the grains of actual sea salt feel as though it exfoliates the scalp.
Jessica N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my all time FAVORITE shampoo! I love the sea salt smell -- and texture. I would say it really helps give volume to my hair. This shampoo works great. I even recently wrote about it on my blog. I would 100% recommend to anyone that is wanting to try this product out.

Also LOVE the company!
Abby G.
Brentwood, TN
What do y'all think of this shampoo? Is it worth the money? Does it last long?
Tina W.
Richmond, RI
Since this shampoo has sea salt in it, has anyone found that it causes your hair to dry out after frequent use?
Will this product dry my hair/ scalp out? (Because of the sea salt in it)
Celeste M.
Imperial Bch, CA
What does this shampoo smell like?
Jordan F.
Fort Hood, TX
I love the packaging! Is it worth the cost?