LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo

Over half the base of Big shampoo is made with sea salt to help give massive volume to hair in need of a boost. Sea salt is also full of minerals and de-greases hair, removing dead skin cells and dirt without stripping natural oils for a fresh, squeaky clean feeling. We balance the sea salt with seaweed infusion and extra virgin coconut oil for soft, nourished locks. Finally, fresh citrus juices are squeezed in for incredible shine. It's no wonder this one's a best-seller!

How to use: Apply a small amount to the hair, work into a lather, then rinse thoroughly.

Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Sodium Laureth Sulfate Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum) (Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract) Sea Water Bladderwrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus gardneri) Lauryl Betaine Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis) Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) (Citrus Aurantium Amara (Orange) Flower Water) *Limonene Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Fragrance *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Cheyanna S.
I have never used a shampoo that has had such a noticeable affect on my hair and scalp. The coarse sea salt in this really deep cleans the scalp. My hair stays cleaner longer. Like 2 days longer! That's huge. I thought I was imagining things but other reviews I've seen said the same thing. There is also some kind of ionized affect from the sea salt that gives your hair a ton of volume. It also smells heavenly, like a fresh ocean breeze. It's so fun to use too because you scoop it out of the tub. Don't be afraid to try this especially if you are in need of some serious volume. The sea salt dissolves quickly. You won't be left with a gritty scalp. I think this makes an excellent every-so-often clarifying shampoo too. The only thing I didn't enjoy was that the first day after washing my hair, my wavy hair became even curlier. That could be a good thing for some, but I prefer a sleeker look. Also, I wouldn't recommend this for color treated hair as it would probably be too stripping. A little goes a long way too, depending on how often you wash your hair and if you use a reasonable amount of product or not. I'm coloring my hair right now but as soon as I stop I will be going right back to this.
Catherine B.
Sea Salt IS SO GREAT! Don't be afraid of it! This shampoo makes my hair so soft and clean. I have used this for years. The lather is creamy from the sea weed and the scent is fresh. You get amazing body and your hair will be clean for days. Does not weigh you down but also does not dry you out. Give it a try! Don't be afraid! If you don't like this...you aren't using it right. ;)
Samie M.

I have only ever tried samples of it but damn does it work! The sea salt helps give my thick, limp hair so much body and bounce!

It’s a little weird having the giant chunks of sea salt in it, but it works great and smells yummy!

The only downside is that you need to use a really good conditioner in combination with it because the salt can be drying.
madison t.
I am absolutely obsessed with BIG! I love the sea salt in it because it makes me feel like I can feel the volume being added to my hair (I know that's ridiculous, but I do!).
It is a little pricey, but I believe their Jersey Bounce is a bit cheaper and it also has sea salt in it, so that's a great alternative as well!
H S.
I used to use this product all the time in high school and college! This really did make my hair big, but my hair felt stripped down after I wash the product off. Afterwards, I would try to compensate by over-using conditioner. I tried to limit myself to doing this as a weekly treatment, kind of like a spa, but I got more paranoid I was stripping my hair cuticles down to nothing with every use. Ultimately, I stopped using this because the packaging wasn't that user friendly (water from the shower would splash INTO the bottle so I felt like it was melting the product), and I needed a shampoo for minor dandruff control.

I'd like to note I have thin straight hair, so that would explain my paranoia. I have friends who uses this and they love it! Go to a local LUSH and ask for a sample to try it out yourself!
Kristen C.
Fullerton, CA
This stuff gives my hair liiiiiiife! I have very fine hair, a lot of it, but very fine and getting good volume is always hard for me. I feel like my hair feels lightweight and lifted after I use this which means my hair stays clean a lot longer than usual.

I was recommended this by someone at LUSH and I seem to always go back to it. It smells wonderful and honestly puts me in a good mood because it smells so good. It's a great start to the day. The sea salt feels so good on your head because you know you're getting a good, natural clean. A little goes a long way with this shampoo which is good because it's about $30 for 10oz.
Tessa C.
This shampoo is everything to me. After receiving a sample of Big shampoo I am willing to commit 125%! I have been having issues with a dry scalp and this shampoo has been the only one I’ve used that hasn’t irritated my scalp and exfoliated and made my hair super clean and shiny! I love this shampoo!
danka u.
Akron, OH
I liked using this shampoo. It was different than anything I had ever tried before. I felt like it made my hair feel a little dry after using it but as soon as I put conditioner in it, it was fine. I don’t feel like it did all of the things it was supposed to do. No volume. Just clean feeling hair.
Amanda S.
For fine, slightly oily hair, this stuff was fantastic! Great smell, great texture, etc. It clarified my hair and rid my scalp of oil and buildup. The only problem would be that it quickly dries your scalp out if you use it too often. It’s also a tad pricey for me. Other than that it’s great.
Jean W.
Durham, NC
I didn't think I was going to like this at first, but I bought it on a whim and now I absolutely love it! It makes my hair so voluminous and luscious! I will say that it's difficult to keep the suds out of my mouth (and it tastes absolutely awful), but I only use it once/twice a week, so I can get past it.
Abby G.
Brentwood, TN
What do y'all think of this shampoo? Is it worth the money? Does it last long?
Tina W.
Richmond, RI
Since this shampoo has sea salt in it, has anyone found that it causes your hair to dry out after frequent use?
Will this product dry my hair/ scalp out? (Because of the sea salt in it)
Mary L.
Will this help with split ends?
Hanna P.
Philadelphia , PA
Does anyone know if this would fade hair color because of the salt?