BY LUNETTE

Lunette - A Menstruation Innovation Over the past 70 years, a woman s choice for internal menstrual care has pretty much been limited to tampons.  Wouldn t you like something better, something . . . nicer? Now there is an alternative that is healthier for our bodies, our environment and our pocketbook - the Lunette menstrual cup. see more...

• Does it slip out or spill?2 Answers
  • So how often do you have to change it? Do you empty it, clean it a...2 Answers
  • Ok I have some questions about this product mechanically: does it g...3 Answers
Buy on Walgreens
  • "It's reusable for up to 10 years so in the long run it is MUCH cheaper than pads and tampons and it's more eco friendly." in 1 review
  • "I will never go back to disposable menstrual products, and I highly recommend this to ALL my friends, family, and internet acquaintances." in 1 review
  • "It is so much better than tampons or pads!" in 1 review
  • "I will never go back to using tampons again!" in 1 review
  • "So simple to use once you get used to it and it pays for it's self in no time! " in 1 review
Eunice C.
Eunice C.
Austin, TX
A MUST TRY ITEM! using my lunette for the first time
I lucked out buying it on amazon with some rewards and gift cards I had so I ended up paying about $25 it total(for the cup $39.99&a pack of towelettes $10),so major reason to purchase. I use to purchase always Infiniti pads at $13/pack. financially speaking I'm no longer wasting that every few months. lunette says one cup is good for 10years
once I got the hang of inserting and removing the cup, I was convinced to never use disposable feminine hygiene!(YouTube for tips &different methods - I tried the c-fold like the instructions show but I found the punch down methods works perfect for me it is trial&error the first time)
the packaging suggest it is safe for 12hrs of continuous use so I clean it in the morning and one more before going to bed well within the 12 hr time frame (my flow allows this for me - so I'm super happy about that). so I am completely worry free during work hours No having to change in a public restroom!
Brittany  W.
Brittany W.
Hudson Falls, NY
Wellness Guru Expert
I don't have this exact brand of cup but one almost identical. And I absolutely love it! It was a lot different from the soft cups that I started out with. Mine is a softer cup so I had to try different methods to get it inserted right ( I use the punch down) It's amazing that I don't have to worry about changing something or worry about leaks all day when using. I've only ever had it full one time out almost a year of using and that was only because I left it in for awhile. Big money saver if you can get use to it!
Katlyn C.
Katlyn C.
Oh my GOSH. This product is amazing. I never thought I would ditch tampons but boy was I wrong. Lunette has given me FREEDOM. I forget I'm on my period all the time. I have evem seen improvements in my cycle; I'm cramp free and I have shorter periods than before. It NEVER leaks and is simply the best.

Pro tip: cut the stem completely off! It gets in the way during insertion and I didn't need it.
Maeve G.
Maeve G.
Wellness Guru Expert
I was the MOST intimidated and anxious about trying a cup after years of tampons but OH MAN do I LOVE this product. Eco friendly! Reusable! Easy! Never worry about forgetting a tampon again. Never worry about leaving it in too long (12 hours!!!!). You get used to emptying it. My first month wearing it I felt a little crampy but that soon subsided. LOVE.
Sylviah S.
Sylviah S.
I have not yet [physically] purchased this item However, I first heard about it from TrashIsForTossers.com where this remarkable woman lives her entire lifestyle based on being #economic.

She mentioned this specific brand but in general vouches menstrual cups are more efficient. Here why:
👍🏼Their #durability is amaz-balls! (Can last up to 10 years)
👍🏼#Moneysaver (think of all the money you'd save in a span of TEN years!)
👍🏼They're #environmentally friendly (pads have plastic in them and that could take 100+years for the earth to decompose the materials .. Let that sink in, bloody pads filling our landfills for centuries! 😖 ew!)
👍🏼 #Biodegradable (unlike pads once the earth breaks down the raw materials it can decompose entirely returning back to the earth and leaving her happy)

For these reasons alone I hope to one day purchase my own and never buy pads again! #HippieMom 🙌🏼😌
samantha e.
samantha e.
San Jose, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
I bought this about a year or so ago, and will never ever go back to pads/tampons.  This cup makes my period a breeze, aside from the horrible cramps.  It is extremely clean, no sitting in blood all day or worrying about changing a nasty tampon.  You can leave the Lunette cup in for up to 12 hours.  It does not hurt when it is inside, you don't even feel it.  I did have to cut down the little stem as it did bother me a little, but all is perfect now.  It holds a good amount of blood.  I usually empty/clean mine out every 5-8 hours.  When your flow is done, you simply sterilize your cup in boiling water, and place it in the provided pouch and put away until your next period.  It is a very strange concept at first, but once you see how simple and clean it is, you won't go back!!
Katherine T.
Katherine T.
Orange, CA
Im wearing this right now and it reminded me that I should write about it. I like it and moving to a cup has been one of the best decisions I have made. I bought this off a Vietnam fb group member that had an extra one. I moved to Vietnam last year (now Im back) and finding tampons were hard. Once you did find a place that sold tampons they were usually really small - like the size of a baby carrot stick. I met another US expat who became a close friend and pretty much raved about her luna cup and helped ease my fears about getting one.

I really enjoy mine. I have the clear one which has a yellow-y tint to it now. I haven't tried to deep clean it yet. I got it in L and havent had any leaks or discomfort.
Stephanie O.
Stephanie O.
Tiffin, OH
Wellness Guru Expert
These cups have changed my life. Seriously. I am so angry and bitter about the cost and quality of menstrual products. These are affordable, last a long time, good for the environment, and better quality than any tampon or pad I've ever tried.
Clarissa I.
Clarissa I.
This cup is amazing. I bought it because of all the harmful chemicals pads and tampons have and im never switching back! It was easy to use once i got over the learning curve but i recommend going on youtube and watching a few videos to find out about firmness, capacity, folds, etc.
emily t.
emily t.
Youngsville, PA
You will never go back if you try this even one time. This is freedom from your period. You only have to think about it twice a day. It's not noticeable during your day. It's perfection. I love mine so very very much.

I want to add I was on my period an extended period of time because of a bc change. Like 6 months straight. I was raw from tampons and tried this as a last resort. It's just incredible. My flow is extra heavy at times and this has never let me down goodbye ruined clothes! If you have ever had a leak from a tampon you will love this product.
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Wyoming, IA
Users - do you sleep with the cup, or is it day use only?
Chelsea s.
Chelsea s.
Are you able to have sex with the cup in?
Melissa C.
Melissa C.
Wellness Guru Expert
I want to try a menstrual cup really bad but I'm nervous. So my questions are as followed, have you tried it? What is your experience with it? Is it worth it? Which one is best.. I saw a few at Walmart.. Does it fall out? Does the blood get on you? That won't bother me I'd just like to be aware before it gets on my hands lol or my panties. Sorry for all the questions. I'm interested :)
Irina M.
Irina M.
Anybody have any accidents of spilling when taking out or leakage? I want to give this a try but not it sounds a little complicated with inserting and taking out.
katie k.
katie k.
Raleigh, NC
Do these work better than tampons?