Lunette - A Menstruation Innovation! Over the past 70 years, a woman's choice for internal menstrual care has pretty much been limited to tampons.  Wouldn't you like something better, something . . . nicer? Now there is an alternative that is healthier for our bodies, our environment and our pocketbook - The Lunette menstrual cup. What is a menstrual cup? The Lunette menstrual cup is bell-shaped cup that gives you a comfortable, safe, odorless and eco-friendly period for up to 12 hours a day. It’s also reusable and lasts several years meaning less time, money and stress!

As a first time user, I am hesitant to try this during my period. Should I try it before my actually period? Also heard to try to remove the first time in the shower?
I can't believe how many feminine products are out there, i want to know more about this product, tell me more?
Are they easy to use?
Start your review of Lunette Menstrual Cup!
Product Highlights
“I will never go back to using tampons again!” in 1 review
“I will never go back to disposable menstrual products, and I highly recommend this to ALL my friends, family, and internet acquaintances.” in 1 review
“So simple to use once you get used to it and it pays for it's self in no time! ” in 1 review
“I will never go back!” in 1 review
“It is so much better than tampons or pads!” in 1 review
Tuscaloosa , AL
Purchased at: Amazon
Okay so I've been wanting to get on the menstrual cup bandwagon for a while now but never made that leap. I watched videos and read blogs and was always too scared. I finally made the leap a few months ago. I took a quiz on putacupinit.com and it's supposed to tell you the best cup for you based on a series of questions and I got the Lunette! I ordered the cup along with the Lunette FeelBetter Liquid Menstrual Cup Wash . I received it and it came with the cutest little yellow bag to match my cup to store it in. I spent my first period just practicing which folds and positions I like best insert/remove. I was too nervous to actually keep it in. Next period rolls around, I only leaked once AND it turned my 7-8 day period into 5 days and the 5th day was super light! WOW. I just got off my period this month (another 5 day period!), no leakage whatsoever and I AM OFFICIALLY HOOKED! I've found the groove with inserting and removing it and it is amazing that I only have to empty it every 10-12 hours! You cannot feel it AT ALL if inserted correctly. I did not have to trim the stem but I've read where you may have to. I love that all you have to do is rinse the cup out (cold water first to resist staining, then hot) and then reinsert it. After your period is over is when you use a dab of the wash and boil it for 20 minutes then store it back in your baggy! I have no complaints at all about this amazing little cup. I will never go back to anything else. There is a pretty steep learning curve and you have to get VERY comfortable with yourself to make sure you have the suction correctly and things like that but honestly, it is amazing and I'm annoyed I didnt do this sooner! Pads and tampons be gone! Lunette for life!
Lake Hiawatha, NJ
life changer-- this product saves me so much money and is so much better for the environment than disposable pads and tampons. it's pricey at first but pays for itself in the long run. it def has a learning curve but after your first month of use , you won't want to go back to disposable pads and tampons! i pair mine with THINX underwear just in case there's any leaking! you won't regret it !
Port Richey, FL
Love love love, this May be my “Goldilocks” just the right firmness, smooth. Once I got the hang of using a cup, my period a kid so much more tolerable. I’ve noticed over time my cramps have been reduced drastically. I also use “period panties” as a back up, but honestly I don’t really need it. Never going back to tampons or lads ever again!!!
San Antonio, TX
This was my first cup. The actual body is a little harder than my other cups. It definitely opens up easier than the soft cups, but its not my absolute favorite. It works well though and is easy to use.
East Helena, MT
Life. Changing. This is amazing. It takes a little bit to get used to and to figure out how best to use it for yourself but it is worth the effort! I will never go back to tampons
Melbourne, FL
I made the switch to a Lunette almost 3 years ago, and it is the best decision I ever made. This cup is comfortable, toxin free and ecofriendly. Once you get used to application you'll never regret the switch!
ROSEVILLE, CA
I bought this about a year or so ago, and will never ever go back to pads/tampons.  This cup makes my period a breeze, aside from the horrible cramps.  It is extremely clean, no sitting in blood all day or worrying about changing a nasty tampon.  You can leave the Lunette cup in for up to 12 hours.  It does not hurt when it is inside, you don't even feel it.  I did have to cut down the little stem as it did bother me a little, but all is perfect now.  It holds a good amount of blood.  I usually empty/clean mine out every 5-8 hours.  When your flow is done, you simply sterilize your cup in boiling water, and place it in the provided pouch and put away until your next period.  It is a very strange concept at first, but once you see how simple and clean it is, you won't go back!!
Long Beach, CA
Im wearing this right now and it reminded me that I should write about it. I like it and moving to a cup has been one of the best decisions I have made. I bought this off a Vietnam fb group member that had an extra one. I moved to Vietnam last year (now Im back) and finding tampons were hard. Once you did find a place that sold tampons they were usually really small - like the size of a baby carrot stick. I met another US expat who became a close friend and pretty much raved about her luna cup and helped ease my fears about getting one. I really enjoy mine. I have the clear one which has a yellow-y tint to it now. I haven't tried to deep clean it yet. I got it in L and havent had any leaks or discomfort.
I was the MOST intimidated and anxious about trying a cup after years of tampons but OH MAN do I LOVE this product. Eco friendly! Reusable! Easy! Never worry about forgetting a tampon again. Never worry about leaving it in too long (12 hours!!!!). You get used to emptying it. My first month wearing it I felt a little crampy but that soon subsided. LOVE.
Studio City, CA
This is has been my new Holy Grail for a year now. I love it so much that when I was out of town and Aunt Flo visited early I was miserable I had to go out and buy tampons. It’s easy to use (might take a couple times to get the hang of it), it’s discreet, and I’m comfortable wearing white pants with this life saver. Plus all the environmental benefits of not producing as much trash, and no TSS health hazard. Try it, it’s a life saver. I also believe it help reduce cramps vs tampons.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Toledo , OH
a year ago
Lunette - Menstrual Cup Purple what is the best soap to clean this with that I might have around my house?
Liz C. • 10 months ago
you dont need one if you dont have one, but neutral soap should be fine, what people normally use to desinfect is boiling the cup for 5 minutes