BY LUNETTE

Lunette - A Menstruation Innovation! Over the past 70 years, a woman's choice for internal menstrual care has pretty much been limited to tampons.  Wouldn't you like something better, something . . . nicer? Now there is an alternative that is healthier for our bodies, our environment and our pocketbook - The Lunette menstrual cup. What is a menstrual cup? The Lunette menstrual cup is bell-shaped cup that gives you a comfortable, safe, odorless and eco-friendly period for up to 12 hours a day. It’s also reusable and lasts several years meaning less time, money and stress! see more...

• So how often do you have to change it? Do you empty it, clean it...2 Answers
  • I'm looking into buying a menstrual cup & I'm curious as to w...1 Answers
  • Does it slip out or spill?2 Answers
Buy on Lunette*
  • "It's reusable for up to 10 years so in the long run it is MUCH cheaper than pads and tampons and it's more eco friendly." in 1 review
  • "I will never go back to disposable menstrual products, and I highly recommend this to ALL my friends, family, and internet acquaintances." in 1 review
  • "It is so much better than tampons or pads!" in 1 review
  • "I will never go back to using tampons again!" in 1 review
  • "So simple to use once you get used to it and it pays for it's self in no time! " in 1 review
Grace B.
Farmington
Love, love, love! I used mine for the first time this weekend! I read and researched a lot of different cups. I’m glad I went with the lunette! It’s much easier to put in and take out than I thought. There’s no leaking, no nasty wet tampon string and you really can’t feel that it’s there! I 100% recommend at least trying it!
Heather C.
I absolutely love my Lunette cup! I had never used a menstrual cup before but I chose the Lunette cup after much research because it is one of the softest on the market and I have a very pressure sensitive bladder. It can be a little irritating to my bladder but it is so convenient and eco friendly and saves so much money I can't complain. I love that I can wear it overnight and never have to wake up to leaks.
Melece M.
Blacksburg, VA
Wellness Guru Expert
Yes this is more of an upfront investment than a box of tampons, but it saves you SO MUCH MONEY in the long run. I have been using my Lunette since 2013 and will replace it in 2023 with another one. It's better for the environment, better for your body, and better for your wallet. You won't regret this purchase.
samantha e.
San Jose, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
I bought this about a year or so ago, and will never ever go back to pads/tampons.  This cup makes my period a breeze, aside from the horrible cramps.  It is extremely clean, no sitting in blood all day or worrying about changing a nasty tampon.  You can leave the Lunette cup in for up to 12 hours.  It does not hurt when it is inside, you don't even feel it.  I did have to cut down the little stem as it did bother me a little, but all is perfect now.  It holds a good amount of blood.  I usually empty/clean mine out every 5-8 hours.  When your flow is done, you simply sterilize your cup in boiling water, and place it in the provided pouch and put away until your next period.  It is a very strange concept at first, but once you see how simple and clean it is, you won't go back!!
Jessica S.
Helena
Life. Changing. This is amazing. It takes a little bit to get used to and to figure out how best to use it for yourself but it is worth the effort! I will never go back to tampons
Katherine T.
El segundo, CA
Im wearing this right now and it reminded me that I should write about it. I like it and moving to a cup has been one of the best decisions I have made. I bought this off a Vietnam fb group member that had an extra one. I moved to Vietnam last year (now Im back) and finding tampons were hard. Once you did find a place that sold tampons they were usually really small - like the size of a baby carrot stick. I met another US expat who became a close friend and pretty much raved about her luna cup and helped ease my fears about getting one.

I really enjoy mine. I have the clear one which has a yellow-y tint to it now. I haven't tried to deep clean it yet. I got it in L and havent had any leaks or discomfort.
Maeve G.
Wellness Guru Expert
I was the MOST intimidated and anxious about trying a cup after years of tampons but OH MAN do I LOVE this product. Eco friendly! Reusable! Easy! Never worry about forgetting a tampon again. Never worry about leaving it in too long (12 hours!!!!). You get used to emptying it. My first month wearing it I felt a little crampy but that soon subsided. LOVE.
Krystel P.
I've been using these for two years now and don't regret it. You don't even feel like your on your period. Simply keep you hands clean when inserting and removing. And YouTube has do many helpful videos on effective usage. Top tip, make sure your legs are relaxed and open fully when removing.
Stephanie O.
Tiffin, OH
Wellness Guru Expert
These cups have changed my life. Seriously. I am so angry and bitter about the cost and quality of menstrual products. These are affordable, last a long time, good for the environment, and better quality than any tampon or pad I've ever tried.
Eunice C.
Austin, TX
A MUST TRY ITEM! using my lunette for the first time
I lucked out buying it on amazon with some rewards and gift cards I had so I ended up paying about $25 it total(for the cup $39.99&a pack of towelettes $10),so major reason to purchase. I use to purchase always Infiniti pads at $13/pack. financially speaking I'm no longer wasting that every few months. lunette says one cup is good for 10years
once I got the hang of inserting and removing the cup, I was convinced to never use disposable feminine hygiene!(YouTube for tips &different methods - I tried the c-fold like the instructions show but I found the punch down methods works perfect for me it is trial&error the first time)
the packaging suggest it is safe for 12hrs of continuous use so I clean it in the morning and one more before going to bed well within the 12 hr time frame (my flow allows this for me - so I'm super happy about that). so I am completely worry free during work hours No having to change in a public restroom!
Brittany H.
Wyoming, IA
Users - do you sleep with the cup, or is it day use only?
Chelsea s.
Wellness Guru Expert
Are you able to have sex with the cup in?
Irina M.
Anybody have any accidents of spilling when taking out or leakage? I want to give this a try but not it sounds a little complicated with inserting and taking out.
Sharon H.
Wellness Guru Expert
Ok I have some questions about this product mechanically: does it get inserted, or does it simply rest underneath-ish. Can I wear a thong with it?
katie k.
Raleigh, NC
Do these work better than tampons?