BY LUFTHANSA AIRLINES #9 in Airlines

Lufthansa Airlines
  • "The luxury of the seats, the menu (yummmmm) and the professional demeanor of the flight attendants makes it amazing every single time." in 13 reviews
  • "Between the wonderful customer service and the enjoyable flight experience, I would definitely recommend Lufthansa to anyone traveling abroad. " in 6 reviews
  • "The return flight wasn't much better from a professionalism standpoint, but at least my entertainment unit worked, so I didn't have to deal with unhappy flight crew more than absolutely necessary." in 5 reviews
  • "I loved being able to watch movies and TV shows and ended up watching a total of four movies on my international flight. " in 5 reviews
  • "The staff was very friendly and multilingual, which is perfect for an international flight." in 5 reviews
Coran B.
Santa Barbara, CA
I flew Lufthansa for the first time in April, and despite the fantastic things I'd always heard about the airline, my experience with them was definitely less than outstanding. The flight itself was.....meh. There was a decent selection of movies, TV, etc., but their entertainment "systems" (I don't know the proper term for them, and I'm too lazy to look it up) were ancient, didn't work properly, and if and when one manages to select a movie......it takes.. SO. FREAKING. LONG. TO. LOAD. The food was not great. At all. Rather hideous, in fact. Thank God for the free booze! There's not much of it - but hey, there's the silver lining! Those things aside, I would possibly have flown Lufthansa again, were it not for my attempt to extend my trip by 4-5 days. I won't relive that ghastly experience by recounting the entire story here, but in a "nutshell", it would have cost me a MINIMUM of $450 to push back my flight, in spite of having purchased my ticket directly through Lufthansa - not a broker, selling reduced fare seats. Not only is that obscene, but had I missed my flight, and been charged that much, I would say it rises to the level of criminal!
jerusha R.
Denver, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew from Houston to Frankfurt and a wonderful experience. The crew was extremely friendly and kept everyone happy even when it got hectic and there were delays due to factors outside their control. Unfortunately, my bag didn’t arrive on my flight, but their customer service was super helpful. I was nervous it would be difficult because I don’t speak German, but their representatives spoke fluent English. They had my bag delivered free of charge to the tiny village I was staying in over an hour away from the airport—and it got there the next morning! I would fly with them a million more times!
Livia F.
Not bad in terms of comfort and legroom in flight, and staff is always polite and helpful. However, they are prone to strikes which can leave you stranded - which is a major inconvenience when it happens. But to their credit they are very accommodating when it comes to delays - whether they are caused by strikes, weather, or anything like that. They will find you and get you a hotel room - paid for by them - and take care of the cost of food for you as well. Having that assurance is comforting, as it isn't something all airlines offer.
Angela W.
Hendersonvlle, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Lufthansa airlines from what I remember was great. We were young when we flew on their airlines to Germany and it was amazing seeing the ground come towards us. We thought we were going to crash but we were kids, we didn’t know any better at the time! From what I remember the flight ladies were so nice and always talked to us and would always get us anything we wanted. So we loved it!
Lola L.
Los Angeles
This will be my first time flying Lufthansa Airlines but so far I haven’t had the best experience. I am flying to Nigeria in a couple of weeks. I booked my flight through united operated by Lufthansa. Before booking we contact United about selecting are returning flight seats and were told we would need to call Lufthansa directly. We booked our flight and called Lufthansa. Customer service was so rude and not helpful! United had shared false information and we were left in selected our seats upon check-in.
Ifeyinwa A.
Edmonds, WA
This past December, my family and I travelled to Nigeria through Lufthansa Airlines. We had to take two planes and overall both flights went smoothly despite how long each one was. The attendants made sure we were comfortable through the flights and we were provided with television/movies which was awesome. We were also provided with complimentary pillows, blankets, and headphones. We did get two meals and a snack on each flight. The food was the con of the flight. One of the meals I was served the side of fruit had some mold that I pointed out. But the attendant that helped me was respectful and apologetic which I really appreciated. Other than that, I didn’t particularly enjoy the food but that’s my opinion, lol I know my family liked it. I will definitely be flying with Lufthansa again in the future.
Sarah G.
Arvada, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I flew Lufthansa on a long haul trans-Atlantic from Denver to Germany. We flew in economy. The flight was as comfortable as could be expected for an 11 hour flight. Lufthansa provided pillows, blankets, two full meals, snacks, drinks (including alcohol), and plenty of entertainment. That long of a flight is never something to look forward to but Lufthansa makes it as bearable as they can. One star off because our bags didn’t make it onto our connecting flight and had to be delivered to us at our hotel. The bags arrived 24 hours after they originally said they would be there.
Kelly Ann C.
Towson, MD
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Flying with this airline was essentially the Disney land of airlines. The flight attendants were extremely cheerful, the food was much better than standard American Airlines, and the seats were clean and comfortable. I originally booked with AirFrance but ended up flying with these kind people instead due to a strike and I’m glad it happened! I look forward to flying with them again!
Amanda M.
Fort Worth
I have flown to Europe three times and have flown Lufthansa all three times. I have had a great experience with this airline. The flight attendants are courteous and come through the cabin frequently. The planes are clean and tidy. The food is actually pretty decent for airplane food and I got two meals on each flight, which was much appreciated. Definitely recommend this airline!
Jordan M.
Philadelphia, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I can always find a reasonable flight to Europe. Free bag check-in and comfortable planes. But horrible customer service. Returning from Germany last year we had a connecting flight in Frankfurt, there were 6 of us and we arrived at the connecting flight 6-7 minutes before take off time but were told the flight left. WHYYYYY would you leave your passengers coming from another Lufthansa flight??? We were given the option to wait in the airport for 6 hours for a flight that would take us to another connecting flight before reaching Philadelphia or stay the night for the next non-stop flight, yet without or luggage.... however they weren't paying for the room. RIDICULOUS and unfortunately I won't trust them again.
JOY V.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How many times have you been in Lufthansa?
Riley G.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
How are the movies on this airline?
Brandi R.
Where can you find the best Lufthansa ticket prices?
Gabby E.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Jmjuhjnbkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Keaten S.
North Oxford, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
What separates this alone from other overseas carriers? Is there anything that they do different that separates them from other airlines that are European based?