BY LUCY IN THE SKY

Lucy in the Sky
  • "The first time I read this book I thought it was entertaining, but upon finding out that the books similar to this one and "Go Ask Alice" are actually authored by one woman and that the anonymous is in no way a teenager, it took something away form the books." in 10 reviews
brittany B.
Vienna, VA
I read go ask Alice when I was in my youth and loved it. I picked this up thinking it would be just as entertaining and realized I was either wrong about the first book or I had just grown up and could not bare the idea of reading something with absolutely no challenge. I could not engage myself past the first two pages.
Christina K.
Haddon Twp, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I read "Go Ask Alice" so I had to check this book out. I really like this book and read it a few more times I liked it so much Its about !drug addiction and how it started for them. This is a book about a teenage girl who was such a goodie until one party changed her life entirely. She was about 15 years old and her brother took her to a party for the first time, next thing you know, she's smoking weed. She enjoyed it since she was there with her friends Ross, Lauren, and her romantic interest Blake. Blake was 20 years old which is pretty creep in fact that all he wanted to do with her is have sex. Throughout this whole summer was all about drugs and drinks pretty much until it was to the point where Lucy got into rehab for it. Rehab was a change for her since she almost got raped by these two teenage kids. drug addiction and how it started for them. Read more and find out what she does during school and outside of school throughout her summer
Sydney Y.
I've loved every book in this collection so far (Go Ask Alice, Letting Ana Go, and The Book of David, respectively), but this one completely missed the mark for me. I found Lucy to be grating and irritating in the best of times, and most of her problems seemed overtired and expectant, and not once very realistic. I know these are actually written by an author (as fiction) and so I expected more from this, or at least on par with the others. I still sympathize with those who really do struggle with addiction, but Lucy was a victim I struggled to so much as pity. She tried too hard to get people to feel sorry for her, and it was nearly impossible for me to get through.
Megan W.
Ormond beach , FL
The whole "Go Ask Alice" collection is worth reading. Each of the books deal with teens going through horrible things such as drug abuse, prostitution, anorexia, mental disorders etc. These books are mainly targeted for young adults. I would recommend to any young adult looking for a quick, interesting read.
Caitlin M.
Valdosta, GA
The first time I read this book I thought it was entertaining, but upon finding out that the books similar to this one and "Go Ask Alice" are actually authored by one woman and that the anonymous is in no way a teenager, it took something away form the books. I wouldn't mind if I knew the book wasn't a real journal, I just don't like the way the book is marketed as being written by the actual narrator just so they can sell more books.
Jaclyn L.
This book is very dark but eye opening. I love that these books are from anonymous letters, but they are so full of life and emotion. Highly recommend this book! It's a quick read, and there are more in the "series" about different people and different experiences.
Cayleigh C.
I thought this was a pretty good book. It was a pretty quick read for me. I don't like the author tries to convince their readers that this is honestly a real teenagers journal. It made it hard for me to love the books.
Julia V.
Mission, TX
I have read every book in the 'Anonymous' series, and this one by far is the best. You can feel every detail that the author puts into her journal. Feeling each and every emotion wrap around your body, and once you've picked up this book you can't stop. I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone.
Heather J.

This book was very well written, gripping story line and i loved it.
If you have ever read Go Ask Alice, its written in the same kind of style. If you liked that one you will like this one. There are other books in the anonymous series( Jay's Journal, Go Ask Alice)- I recommend them all!
Phillip Y.
If you read the book with mindset that it is true and a diary of real events then the book is a fair read and quite emotional at times and suspenseful but otherwise it is a simple read with not much else going for it. The author Beatrice Sparks has found her niche and does it well for the most part. If this book check out other anonymous books such "Go Ask Alice."
Emily P.
Wauwatosa, WI
This book, especially the fact that the author is anonymous, really intrigues me. Anyone recommend it?
Autumn H.
Mentor, OH
Where can i buy the rest of the series?
Michelle P.
Pikeville, NC
Is there any other books by this author that are kind of the same?
Victoria S.
Jasper, AL
What is another book sorta like this one?
Adriana F.
North Platte , NE
How is this I relation to go ask Alice? I loved that book and would be I treated in reading this if if was maybe a sequel?