Sarah S.
Houston, Tx

Do you prefer Lowe's or Home Depot, and why?

Paul N.
Paul N.
Alexandria
1 year, 9 months ago
Lowe's is superior, much more organized, and user friendly.
Heather D.
Heather D.
Amarillo, TX
4 years, 6 months ago
Lowe's all the way. The store is cleaner, nicer, and they have a much better selection. I think the prices are comparable at both stores, but Lowe's seems to have friendlier and more helpful employees.
Candice C.
Candice C.
Denton, NC
4 years, 7 months ago
Lowe's. Nicer store, nicer employees.
Rebel B.
Rebel B.
Canon, GA
4 years, 10 months ago
Lowe's because of their knowledge on the product's that are sold, the employer's are very friendly.
Juanita W.
Juanita W.
Marion, OH
5 years, 1 month ago
I love both Home depot and Lowes but I always go to Lowe's because it is closer to my home.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Raleigh, NC
5 years, 1 month ago
Employees at my local Lowe's have always been more knowledgeable and eager to answer questions over those working at nearby Home Depot. I recently tackled my first plumbing project - with no experience - and was able to get instructions and every item needed with just a few photos of the issue. Home Depot's employees haven't seemed to have a high skill-set based on the areas of the store they are located in.
Erin L.
Erin L.
Port Huron, MI
5 years, 2 months ago
We prefer Lowe's not only because my husband is an installer for Lowes but also because when we were adding an addition onto our home I called up to Home Depot to ask them a question on closet shelving. Upon answering the phone I was told that he just didn't have time to answer my question. I tried to then stay away from the store but again we went back in and when we tried to get help again for something different I had a sales associate pretend to be on the phone and walk away from us. Never again!!
Joelle W.
Joelle W.
Mobile, AL
5 years, 2 months ago
If I need expert help, I go to Home Depot. If I want a variety of selections when redecorating, I go to Lowe's. As someone else stated, Home Depot caters to the contractors. Lowe's is more DIY friendly because of their selection. If you need the basics, Home Depot is your place.
Lisa S.
Lisa S.
Tucson, AZ
5 years, 4 months ago
Lowe's definitely! The have a better selection, better customer service and are always willing to help you. Prices are better too!
Barbie S.
Barbie S.
League City, TX
5 years, 5 months ago
Lowe's all the way! We live 5min from both stores and we go to Lowe's 9 times out of 10. The staff is more knowledgable and willing to help than at HD. The stores are cleaner and more geared towards home owners whereas HD seems to cater to contractors. We love the MyLowes program, too, which helps track which fertilizer we bought or what paint color we used without having to dig through old paperwork to find out!