BY LOWE'S #3 in Home Stores

Lowe's  Home Improvement Warehouse
Alayna A.
Buckhannon
My husband and I shop at our local Lowe’s quite frequently since buying our first home about 6 months ago. While it is nice that they do price match, I have found that most visits are not always pleasing.
It is often hard to find anyone that knows what they are talking about. The check out lines are usually long.
The time I was most frustrated is what I came after work (I was working night shift that day 8p to 8a), I picked up some treated lumber to work on our deck. I had another shopper help me get the lumber in the cart, and wheeled to check out. I asked the cashier when she began ringing me up to please find someone to help me get it into my truck bed. She radioed for assistance, I paid. And moved forward and waited for helped. She checked out 3 more people...I continued to wait. I asked if she knew if anyone was coming and she radioed again. 10 minutes later, still no one. So I proceeded to walk outside regardless. I dropped the tailgate on the truck and sat down while I contemplated what I was going to do...(I was not physically able to lift this), thankfully a nice contractor was able to help me get loaded up. He also voice displeasure with the store, stating he typically shops at the local hardware store (which I now do when I am able to).
Alisha J.
Walworth, NY
I’m going to be honest, any time I’m at Lowe’s I have one of my parents with me, because I live with them and I’m not really doing any home improvement projects of my own.
But, they seem like they have everything you could need there, and if it’s not at the location you’re at, they can order it from another one.
The pricing is reasonable, the workers are nice and it’s usually easy to find someone (or use a call button if you can’t).
Their garden section is beautiful and their outdoor furniture is ridiculously awesome and varied. We got our porch swing from here and it’s the best outdoor item we have bought.
The one thing I will say is it’s always freezing (even in the summer) so bring a sweater if you know you will be inside looking for a while, and if you’re a girl you will always have several people ask you if you need help (I think they assume we don’t know what we’re doing? But do with that what you will)
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
So, we don’t have to do a lot of matenance around our home. When we do though, we always go to Lowe’s! They give military discounts if you didn’t know that already! 10% is their discount, and they are truly always helpful and give great service. We bought our outdoor furniture there, and our washer and dryer. They delivered our washer and dryer within a day and they work great! You can get warranties on most anything too. They do have a lot of higher priced items, than I’d like. Then again they also carry cheaper brands as well. They usually have something to suit every need. We have had our appliances for over three years and had no problems! They have an amazing section of lamps and lighting as well! We have purchased a few beautiful lamps from there and I love them! Yes, I would recommend this store! For almost any home needs!
Gina K.
spring, tx
I have been to many home improvement stores and I advise you to go to a couple and check the departments where you know for the layout. Do the items in stock make sense to you?

Or if you don’t know much about home improvement, are the store employees helpful.

In My area, one particular store stocks all the right things. Better quality plants at the same price and always has wonderful helpful staff. It’s not consistent across the board just this one Lowe’s. I advise you to go to a couple and when you run into unsatisfactory service move on to another location because I’m not one to want to work on my house but I’m also not keen on hunting for missing supplies or misinformation or apathy from store employees. No one has time for that. Move on to another store.
Megan O.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Lowe's overall as a company is great. They offer competitive prices and they won't honor advertised price reductions from their Flyers even if the in-store price as not reflecting that discount. They realize that sometimes they forget to add things in-store to match what they're flyer says. You can find literally everything you need from flooring to electrical and if you can't find a specific product in store they can find it online for you. The only thing I didn't like is that the Lowe's by my house hires some very lazy people who don't care to answer your questions. So we tend to go to the Lowe's that's further from our house it's inconvenient but we'd rather have Associates who are knowledgeable and not lazy or rude.
Abby D.
I spent a lot of time at Lowe's last year as my Dad and I are finishing my whole basement together (just us, no one else). So M-F we were in there at least 5-15 times a week and everyone is always so helpful and started greeting us asking for pictures of the basement and remembering small tidbits if things we talked about with them. We both love this store. I have been to Menard's a few times when Lowe's didn't have something we needed it and the people there were so rude and not helpful like they are at my Lowe's store. Thank you to everyone who works mornings at the Lowe's Store in Milford, OH! You all are amazing.
sarah l.
potomac
I went to Lowe’s to look for a mirror and to get the mirror cut we had to wait at the “hardware” counter. There wasn’t anyone there so I approached the nearest worker and let them know that I needed help they just said “okay that’s not my department but I’ll try and get some help” I walked over to customer service and they said they’d call someone to the counter, they made an announcement for someone to help us and gave them the aisle number and after a good 7 minutes we were able to get help, the worker who helped us was wonderful. The only problem was the wait time.
Kelly T.
Dallas, TX
I recently purchased a large item that i could not afford the delivery fee for so  I had it delivered to the store (Lowe’s) . Arrived to pick up item after email came in stating it was ready for pick up. I go to pick up and and the two people had no knowledge of my pick up order so that was frustrating. They ran all over searching for it. Finally (45 minutes later) found it, then found out it didn’t fit in my SUV so Lowe’s did not have any type of pick up truck
rental .Had to go over to uhaul and rent a a truck. Returned to Lowe’s for pick up.
Tobin-Christine B.
Athens
Ordered french doors for our sunroom and was disappointed that I couldn't have the full glass because we needed a dog door installed. The gentleman in the store was nice and showed us the dog doors available and helped us pick out the right size. (This required my daughter texting me pictures and me talking to the gentleman via phone because I am handicapped) When the french doors showed up, there was no dog door to be installed and the man who originally helped us was no longer there. Now I have no dog door and I can't even see out into my backyard from my chair. They insist that we need to pay for the dog door and having it installed even though we went to all of the trouble and time of coordinating it and selecting what we wanted. We were having Lowes put in a 6 ft vinyl fence in the back yard, but we told them to forget it. We want someone dependable. I can now see why there are so many reviews about good sales people but poor management teams at Lowes. They lost a $7500 fence budget over the principle of a $130 dog door. Very Poor customer service and planning.
Vanessa J.
Wise, VA
Don't care for our Lowe's at all!! Everytime I have went in need anything from large appliances to window screens they absolutely don't have trained or knowledge staff, I asked for expanding, different sizes window screens I was told by the worker he had never heard of that, he worked in the windows dept. I literally went and found them myself!!! I brought them back and showed him that there was a expanding, screen that come in multiple sizes! He was very irratated with me!!! 😂👍😁 as far as selection I would give 4 stars, but as a woman I needed help in a store like this! So not to have workers that have knowledge in what they carry, or in the products themselves, its outrageous! I've run up against this ever single trip to Lowes which is all we have in my area!😔
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
Do you prefer Lowe's or Home Depot, and why?
Camille A.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
How would you compare Lowe's vs. Home Depot?
Rebel B.
Canon, GA
What do you shop for when you go to Lowe's?
Rachel B.
Weaverville, NC
Do they price match on large things like appliances?
Tasha C.
So much to see, and get ideas from.What's your favorite section to shop in?