BY LOVE COMES SOFTLY SERIES

Love Comes Softly Series
  • "If you enjoy these, then I would definitely recommend reading the A Voice in the Wind series by Francine Rivers and Redeeming Love also by Francine Rivers. " in 5 reviews
Victoria G.
I started reading Janette Oke books in the 5th grade, and they quickly became some of my all time favorites. I have almost every single book she has written, and I love them all.... I love Marty and Clarks story, how they came together out of necessity but ended up having the deepest, purest love you can have. I have had a love for pioneer/western settings from an early age, and this author does a great job of making is seem realistic and authentic, while still being fascinating. These are clean books with strong biblical teachings and morals, so if you like graphic sex and explicit language, these aren't the books for you... but these also aren't silly fluff novels, they are deep and have wonderfully rich storylines that pull you in and make you want to stay. If you read this book and like it, there are many more in the Love Comes Softly series, and many other different series also.
Macee K.
Minneola, KS
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I read these in middle school. It’s a great series that deals with the harsh realities of life on the prairie and dealing with family and various tragedies. If you like period pieces you will love this series. They also center around the women in the family so if you like female centered books this series will be great for you.
Tiffany E.
Caulfield , MO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I love every Janette Oak book. She is such a great author. The story in this series is amazing. Everybody should read them. You don't have to worry about inappropriate scenes or words. Clean read. Worth every penny.
Joselyn T.
Sullivan, MO
I love the "Love Comes Softly" series.  I have read this series multiple times, and I truly enjoy it each time.  I have read most of the books by Janette Oke, and I would recommend all of her writing.  She writes books that are clean, entertaining, and captivating.  I highly recommend!!
Susan G.
Wyoming , MI
I really enjoy this series and as always try to read the books due to more details before I watch the movie. I've watched the movie a few times. It's so heartbreaking when her first husband passes away.
Jennifer F.
Horn Lake, MS
These books are great. My aunt got me into them. The movies are really good as well. It takes you back into pioneer days. If you enjoy the little house series you will probably like these books.
Jaimie R.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This series is so emotional! The movies are just as good! You feel exactly what she feels and continuously want more. The story line is so detailed and good and has great end lessons!
Nancy C.
I have all the books and most of the movies on DVD , I absolutely love the Jeanette oke books. These are clearly written from the heart and based on love, faith , devotion and principals. Truly is a great read. I buy these from my local Christian book store (praises) and I buy one each year for my mother in law every Christmas until I get her the whole collection too.
Mariah R.
Bloomington, MN
I loved reading these books when I was younger. I feel like this is a good series for all ages. It was very interesting and amazing to see the family and relationships grow and also learn a little history along the way (not historical events, but rather how things were done in the older days). I would highly recommend these.
Julia M.
This is one of the first series that I ever read as a kid. The stories are sweet and I would definitely recommend it to young readers. I probably won't read it again, though. If you enjoy lighthearted romantic Christian fiction, I would consider starting with this one. If you enjoy these, then I would definitely recommend reading the A Voice in the Wind series by Francine Rivers and Redeeming Love also by Francine Rivers.
Kayla C.
Jamestown, KY
I have seen the movie they have produced from this book starring Katherine Heigle. Wondering if the book is better?
Marie S.
Palm Bay, FL
Did anyone else enjoy the movies as much as I did?
APRIL J.
Mullins , SC
Which book is your favorite in this series?
Ella-Liessa H.
Medford, OR
I read a few of the other books by this author when I was a kid. Do you think I should pick this up?
Lee Ann Q.
ST. JOHN'S, Newfoundland and Labrador
Are they fast moving , and How many books are In the series ..