Love Beauty and Planet sulfate-free tea tree oil & vetiver shampoo

Purify to reveal amazing hair that makes you smile. This shampoo, infused with Australian tea tree oil known to detox, gently cleanses and volumizes hair. Sultry and refined vetiver scent softly encapsulates your hair with energizing freshness. This shampoo is also 93% naturally derived and cruelty-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, silicone-free, dye-free & formulated without phthalates. Read our Naturally Derived Page to find out more.

Does the tea tree oil dry out your hair? I already have dry hair and don’t want to make it any dryer, but my scalp needs some love.
Is this shampoo good for fine hair?
Does this dry out your hair?
Start your review of Love Beauty and Planet sulfate-free tea tree oil & vetiver shampoo!
I give this product 4/5 stars because I love it. The only issue I have with it, is that it dries out my hair if I use it too much. Now, to be fair, I’ve heard this about tea tree oil. You’re only supposed to use it once a week because it strips your scalp of all it’s oils. But I usually wash mine two times with a co-wash thrown in there, so it doesn’t work for me on an everyday basis. If I have it, I use it maybe once a month until I run out, just as a deep cleaning and going back to less intense shampoos. Aside from all this, when I do use it properly, it smells amazing, and my hair is voluminous and wavy. If you’re in a routine where you only need to wash your hair once a week or less, or you have VERY OILY HAIR, then this shampoo is perfect for you. Love Beauty and Planet sulfate-free tea tree oil & vetiver shampoo
Atlanta, GA
Love Beauty and Planet sulfate-free tea tree oil & vetiver shampoo uploaded by Nyesha A.
I was really happy when I recieved this through the mail. I had been wanting to use love beauty and planet products for the longest and it was worth the wait. I could immediately feel the difference between this shampoo and the one I currently use. Most of my shampoos strip my hair so it was very refreshing to have squeaky clean hair while still feeling moisturized. My hair felt so soft. I liked the scent and didn't feel that it was overwhelming. This shampoo, despite having a lot of natural ingredients, does have sodium laureth sulfate. I have no problems with sulfates but others do so it's good to know (plus they offer sulfate free shampoos too 😄👍). I totally recommend this product and look forward to adding this to my current hair routine.
Omaha, NE
I am very picky on my shampoo and conditioner because my hair is very fine and delicate. I was really excited when I received this because I’ve heard that tea tree oil is really good for your hair. Now, the product smells great, I was a little iffy at first since I know tea tree oil has a very strong smell. I love the smell though. My only issues are that since it’s sulfate free it doesn’t lather at all and I find myself using a lot of product. The other thing is that once my hair was dry it made it look very dry and brittle. I was very excited for this product but it’s just not for me, it didn’t do my hair any good. I love that they’re vegan though! Just wish it would of been better for my type of hair.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
I hadn’t tried anything from Love beauty and planet before. I was very much excited to try this product line since they are environmentally conscious with their products & I’m all for that. Tea tree has antibacterial properties that help cleanse your hair & scalp from impurities. So you can use it if you have a lot of product buildup or even dandruff. Tea tree shampoos can be classified as more of a clarifying shampoo. I am really sensitive to scents, and I saw on love beauty & planet’s website that their scents are formulated for someone who is sensitive. Unfortunately That was not the case with this shampoo, I literally had to force myself to use it (wish I was joking). I think it’s the vetiver in it that makes it smell more manly, it kind of reminds me of brute. Honestly I was pretty disappointed because I really wanted to like it. The shampoo itself cleanses the hair and doesn’t leave it as dry as other tea tree shampoos so that’s a plus but I still wouldn’t recommend this shampoo as an everyday kind of shampoo since tea tree can sometimes be too striping or cleansing and would alternate it with a hydrating shampoo/conditioner. I would definitely recommend anyone who is sensitive to scents to smell it first before buying. I ended up giving the shampoo/conditioner to my brother. I went to the store the other day and was curious as to what the rest of the scents smell and I really liked the coconut water & mimosa flower so maybe in the future I’ll decide to give this product line another go.
Antipolo
Omg! At first so many influencers were reviewing this product, and I had to test it out for myself, ok, fast forward a week to a month OMG! I found the hair products of my dreams!!! This made my hair smell soo good for 48 FREAKIN HOURS! This is amazing, It made my hair so shiny and super duper soft, it is a little bit expensive BUT ITS SUPER WORTH IT! I HIGHLY recommend Love beauty and planets products not to mention they are amazing to mother earth sulfate, paraben, dy free plus PETA approved!!!!
Purchased at: Target
I wanted to try a new shampoo. It’s been a while since I’ve used a tea tree oil shampoo but I remembered I liked the scent so I thought I’d try this one. It’s sulfate free, so I knew it wouldn’t much, but I just don’t feel like it spreads down the length of my hair. The middle and ends don’t feel clean afterwards. I’ve tried using a little more but then my hair just feels heavy. It also dried out my scalp. Maybe I’m not meant to use it as an every day shampoo, but that’s what I was looking for.
Feeding Hills, MA
I was a little skeptic on trying this shampoo when I received it. Tea Tree Oil is something I usually stay away from because I’ve had many bad experiences with it. But this time was very different. Like we all do, we smell something the first time we open it. I was blown away by the scent of this shampoo and it honestly made me want to try it just based on the scent alone. But like I said, I was skeptic about the Tea Tree Oil, but I decided to give it a go and I’m honestly so happy that I’ve been using this shampoo exclusively. I only wash my hair twice as week as I have bleached hair and normally I only use purple shampoos, but I’ve found that this shampoo hasn’t stripped, dried, damaged, or anything to my hair since I started using it. My blonde hair still looks fresh, no brassiness. This shampoo feels like it’s really cleaning my hair, and without weighing it down. I’ve noticed even after 3 days of not washing that my hair has improved even more. (That’s even possible) Compared to what I normally use. I don’t know what it is about this shampoo, but I think I’m going to keep using it and repurchase it once I’m finished with the bottle. I would like to note that the Tea Tree Oil hasn’t giving me any negative side effects. No redness, rash or anything. I’m usually very sensitive to it which is why I was so skeptical about trying it.
Bronx , NY
Purchased at: Target
Read so many good reviews on this brand so I decided to try it. Did not work for me. My scalp is very picky with shampoos so I switched to a vegan shampoo but when i ran out of it I picked this up at target. I normally wash my hair every 2 days but I noticed I am back to having dandruff. Although my hair is not oily as it normally would be with using treseme. It does have a minty smell which I love. But I fing myself using more product to wash my hair.
Fredericton
I’ve been trying to try out new shampoos that are have less harsh ingredients so I picked this up. I struggle with scalp issues such as flakiness and breakouts. The smell is SO clean and calming in a steaming shower and I found it made such a difference on my hair. Would buy again for sure! (TIP: it contains tea tree oil which makes it great to pack for your kids for sleepovers or camps as it will keep head lice away!)
Denver, CO
I originally purchased this shampoo as I was looking for some more natural options as well as looking for a clarifying shampoo as my previous brand left my hair feeling like oily . This did exactly what I needed and more made my hair feel fresh and hunk free and after the shower the tea tree oil really just left like a refreshing light feeling throughout the day! I usually pair this with my Pacifica for the smell :)
Ask a question to the Influenster community...