BY LOVE BEAUTY AND PLANET

Nourish your skin with our indulgent body lotion with Shea Butter! This ultra-moisturizing lotion is a fast track to soft, touchable skin. Intensive, yet non-greasy, you can nourish your skin, enveloped by a sensual Sandalwood fragrance.

Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Lotion

Start your review of Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Lotion!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Jeanne M.
Wilmington, DE
Disclaimer: I received this product for free to review, as well as the Love Beauty And Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Butter. I did not receive any other compensation for my review, or any instructions on how to review.

To,dr: this is a lightly moisturizing product, but as someone with very dry and sensitive skin this isn’t quite the product for me.

I have been curious about this brand, as I have seen it in Target and promoted as “ethically sourced” products balanced with effective skincare. The brand claims to be not tested on animals and vegan, but please note the parent brand Unilever does animal test their other products.

My first impression was how strong a scent the lotion has. It’s not quite unpleasant or too heavily scented of sandalwood, but the scent is strong and lingers, so may not be suitable for those who have sensitive noses.

The consistency of the product is very light and not very moisturizing. Given that I have very dry skin, I wouldn’t use this as a body lotion personally. But given that my hands are constantly in water between work and at home, I decided to keep this by my sink for a light dose of moisture after I wash my hands. It absorbs quickly so my hands aren’t feeling too greasy. However, I usually prefer to use a product with no perfume or alcohol as a hand lotion, as my hands tend to crack and get extremely dry from time to time. This product would probably be good for someone with normal to oily skin.

I have included pictures of the ingredients list and how the product looks and spreads (top on my hand is the LB&P Shea Butter Lotion, the bottom being the butter from same line).
Valerie M.
Orangevale, CA
This was the first VoxBox I received from Influenster, so these were received for free for testing purposes.

That being said - I'm disappointed. Really disappointed. It's winter, I have dry skin issues (as in can't shave more than once a week without causing major razor burn dry skin issues), and I miss my summer skin, even though I hate the summer.

I was hopeful when I pumped out the first little bit of lotion. It smells AMAZING. Which is really the only reason why I gave it a star rating at all. It came out like liquid happy. Whoever did their scent formulation did an amazing job.

But... the formula is like WATER. It's not nearly as runny, but it may as well be. This lotion is THIN. If I pump some onto my hand and turn my hand to the side, it literally drips off my hand. When I start to rub it into my hands, it doesn't absorb. At all. A single pump covers both my hands and both my arms, but won't. absorb. So what's the point? It just sits there. I have to rub at it for nearly 20 minutes to get it to absorb - and even then, my skin is left feeling sticky and gross. Once it has a chance to FULLY dry (if it ever does - I've always had to get my hands wet/damp with SOMETHING within the hour) even the dampness from grabbing something out of the refrigerator makes it all sticky and slippery again.

Bottom line? I'm convinced most of the 'testing' reviews of this product are blowing smoke. Absolutely NOT worth a 5 star review, and barely worth the one. As a lotion, this is useless to me.
Aubreeanna M.
When I first received the love beauty and planet shea butter and sandalwood body lotion free to test from Influenster I was not excited to try in honestly. You see, I really hate putting lotion on my body. So many body lotions and heavy and greasy and leave me feeling sticky and like I need to shower all over again! Luckily this product was not that kind of lotion, it sinks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling hydrated but not sticky! I was not excited about the scent when I saw it was sandalwood either. Because normally I do not like to smell like anything I would not want to eat. Any I definitely don’t want to be eating wood. But the sandalwood scent is very very mild and just leaves you with a soft warmth, especially when combined with the sweet nutty-ness of the Shea butter. I will definitely continue using it as my skin feels much softer that normal. I may never truly ENJOY wearing or applying lotion, but if you are in a cold climate and your skin needs that something extra, this is definitely a great option. Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Lotion
Nichole L.
Murfreesboro, TN
I received this product for free in my very first VoxBox, and it is amazing! It is super lightweight and moisturizes without leaving any sort of residue. I have combination type skin, so almost every scented lotion I have tried has been WAY too heavy/oily, so this was a nice surprise! The scent is long lasting without being overpowering. The combination of Shea and sandalwood is soothing to me, so it was a great addition to my nighttime routine. I researched the price after trying it, and was pleasantly surprised. The high quality of the lotion makes it seem like it would be at a higher price point, so I will definitely be stocking up on this once my large complementary bottle is empty! Try it, it is great stuff!
Amanda D.
Mesa, AZ
Let's start with the good: Scent wise, this lotion is awesome. It's the perfect romantic winter scent. Not too strong but lasts all day. The bottle is made from recycled products and the lotion is free of parabens and silicones which is great for sensitive skin.

The not so good: The actual moisture this lotion delivers leaves much to be desired. My skin just feels sticky/plasticky after it's been applied. I felt like I needed to shower again, tbh. Not a great daily moisturizer if you are past your teenage years.

Overall, not my favorite.

I recieved this product free of charge for my unbiased opinion.
Rosie U.
I received my #voxbox of complimentary lotion & body butter and was so excited to try out this lotion! It smells amazing- I always thought of sandalwood as a cologne scent but it's not at all! It smells mildly floral without being too much. I like the silky feel of this lotion; normally I am very against lotion for its goopy feel, but this one is light! The only downside I noticed was that it took a little while to really soak into my pores. I LOVE that this product is vegan! Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Lotion
Maya L.
Orlando, FL
I received this for free for testing purposes and I was super excited! I’d heard of Love, Beauty, & Planet before, but never tried their products, but I’m so glad I was able to participate in this campaign because I definitely will be buying more once I run out! This smells amazing and the scent actually lasts! It’s pretty moisturizing, although I wish it felt a bit more nourishing, but it’s still great! I like that its consistency is a bit thicker than most lotions, but not too overbearing and I think you get a decent amount of lotion in the bottle. I’ve been using it for about a week and it’s so great! Definitely recommend!!
Shelby E.
Richmond, VA
I received this product for free to test out and I’m so glad I did! It smells great and I love the fact that the ingredients are all natural and ethically sourced. The lotion leaves my skin feeling so soft and it doesn’t leave a sticky residue like some other lotions. The scent is light but definitely noticeable. The first day I wore it my fiancé told me how good I smelt! My only issue is with the pump. Mine might be damaged but lotion started coming up out of the top around the pump, not too much to make me stop using it but definitely a little messy. Overall I’d buy this product for the smell alone! Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Lotion
Jaimie B.
Harned, KY
I have very dry skin and usually have to use lotion multiple times a day but I feel like with the shea butter & sandalwood body butter my skin stays hydrated longer. Plus I love the smell but that is coming from a person who loves the smell of shea butter. Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Lotion
tiffany c.
I received this product as a free sample through influenster.

I usually dislike lotions for their fruity smell and tacky texture after applying, however this product is neither.

It applies smoothly without stickiness. The smell is wonderfully not fruity and not overbearing. I also appreciate the pump instead of having to pour it out. This makes it impossible to get too much out of the bottle.

I do prefer the body butter they sent me over the lotion just because i prefer the solid rather than the liquid lotion. However this is still an amazing product that moisturizes and smooths my skin.
Brianna P.
Terre Haute, IN
Seeing this brand everywhere, how is it. Thoughts?