BY LOVE BEAUTY AND PLANET

Excessively parched skin? This luxurious body butter absorbs in a flash and keeps your skin velvety soft. Infused with shea butter and a sandalwood scent, it will deeply moisturize and nourish skin.
Our Shea Velvet Body Butter designed for the silkiest skin imaginable with 24 hours of supreme moisturization. It also contains a heavenly blend of super-moisturizing shea butter and a harmonious, woody sandalwood scent. Not to forget, our body butters are made without parabens or dyes and leaves you and the planet a little more beautiful.

We source our shea nuts from Ghana and Burkina Faso, where farming is key to the community. This shea butter is made according to longstanding traditions, first melted under a wood fire and then cooled overnight. Our creamy sandalwood is ethically sourced from Australia.

Usage:

You know it - Massage liberally into skin. For best results, use daily.
Love Beauty and Planet® Shea Velvet Body Butter provides nourishment and indulgent skin care.

• How is the scent? Does the fragrance stay in the product ...4 Answers
Love Beauty And Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Butter

Start your review of Love Beauty And Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Butter!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Jeanne M.
Wilmington, DE
Disclaimer: I received this product for free to review, as well as the Love Beauty And Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Lotion. I did not receive any other compensation for my review, or any instructions on how to review.

To,dr: this is a very moisturizing product, but as someone with very dry and sensitive skin this isn’t quite the product for me.

I have been curious about this brand, as I have seen it in Target and promoted as an “ethically sourced” balanced with effective skincare. The brand claims to be not tested on animals and vegan, but please note the parent brand Unilever does animal test their other products.

My first impression was how strong a scent the butter has. It’s not quite unpleasant or too heavily scented of sandalwood, but the scent is strong and lingers, so may not be suitable for those who have sensitive noses.

The consistency of the product is very thick, even for a body butter, but it does spread well. In the second picture, The body butter is the bottom product on my hand. Given the strong scent and that essential oils were used in the product, I avoided using it on several areas of my skin that are more prone to eczema than elsewhere. I found that the butter was pretty moisturizing, applying it at night and my skin still felt good in the morning, if a little waxy. This seems like a good product for someone with normal skin that’s dry, especially with winter weather.
Aubreeanna M.
I received this product free to test in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.

I love the natural wholesome vibe behind Love Beauty and Planet as a brand. And I REALLY love and appreciate that they leave out all of the unnecessary and potentially harmful ingredients that are included it most other beauty brands. The packaging is also lovely, feminine and pretty to look at while still not appearing to be unnecessary wasteful. Unfortunately this particular product is sadly just not for me. I am not a big fan of lotions in general, so the heavier consistency and feeling on my skin, left me feeling kind of sticky and weighed down. It is also worth noting that the scent on this body butter is much stronger than the body lotion in the same scent. And although the warm and nutty sweetness is pleasant, I found it a bit overwhelming. The scent did linger on my skin for many many hours so if you enjoy the scent this many be a positive feature for you. Although this specific product was not a perfect fit for my preferences, if you enjoy a thick, extremely nourishing body butter with a strong scent that lasts throughout your day this may be a perfect fit for you! Love Beauty And Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Butter
Amanda D.
Mesa, AZ
What this smells like: a cozy winter day by the fire. Ok seriously, it smells like a cross between VS's Amber Romance and Bath and Body Works Warm vanilla sugar. In other words, it smells delightful and romantic.

What it feels like: here's where it loses a star for me. It's just not that rich, heavy moisture I expect from a body butter. That being said, it does much better at moisturizing than its lotion counterpart. I've just taken to using it like a daily lotion, not the intensive body butter.

What it's made from: No parabens, no dyes, no silicone. It's not totally natural but it seems to come close. The packaging is made from recycled material and the brand claims to have a small carbon footprint. But it's a subsidiary of Unilever so not sure how true that actually is.

Overall, I'd buy it again.

I recieved this product at no charge in exchange for my unbiased review.
Valerie M.
Orangevale, CA
Received this product through an Influenster VoxBox for free to test and review.

This, along with the  Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Lotion were a major disappointment, and pretty much for the same reasons. Doesn't absorb well, leaves my skin feeling tacky for a long period afterwards (in this case, I applied after my shower at night and woke up still feeling sticky), and doesn't moisturize well at all.

The scent is still amazing, and I'm glad that this is a thicker formula. I can smother my feet in it and slip on some fuzzy socks for an overnight mask, and as long as I do that every night, it works amazingly well. But I have to wash it off every morning, and that's really about all it's been good for. 2 stars - one for scent, and one for having an actual use. But if I didn't have dry feet, it'd be another useless product taking up space in my cabinet.
Well A.
Kirkwood, MO
Just a week ago I purchased a shower gel of exact same brand and the flavor as I just received in my Influenster box :) I am all set now haha Anyway, I like this body butter because of the gentle sent, natural ethically sourced ingredients and the way it works on my skin. Unlike many other body butters that I tried before, this one is not greasy and smells great. I can tell the difference on my skin right away: it much softer and deeply moisturizer. This butter is a great product to protect skin from the cold winter days!
Rosie U.
I was so excited to receive my complimentary #voxbox from Love Beauty And Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Butter that also came with their lotion! The body butter has a great shea & sandalwood scent- it is mildly floral and not at all the cologne-scent I thought sandalwood had! The texture is solid and creamy, which allows you to pick out as much as you need in one use. I LOVE that this product is vegan!! Only downside I noticed was a slight discoloration of the plastic container that makes the body butter look a dingey gray/green from the outside. Rest assured it's a beautiful beige color when you open it!!
Maya L.
Orlando, FL
Body butter is something I have a hit-or-miss relationship with. Ones from other brands are sometimes too thick and I find that they don’t really moisturize my skin even though they smell great. I received this for free for testing purposes with the body lotion in the same scent, which I love, but was apprehensive about trying this due to past experiences. When I used this body butter, I loved the smell, but felt “tacky” (for lack of a better word). It didn’t feel super moisturizing and I felt that it just sat on top of my skin versus truly nourishing it. I give this product 3 stars because I did like the scent, but I probably wouldn’t buy this product. Instead, I’ll just stick to the body lotion that’s in the same line as this with the same scent.
Nicole S.
Cranford, NJ
I honestly loved this body butter. My calves get SO dry in the winter but most body butters take a while to soak into the skin(or at least the ones I've tried) so I can either apply it super early and sit around before putting on pants or I end up skipping and dealing with dry legs. The butter is a bit thinner than others so it soaks into the skin easily so I don't really have to change around my schedule to keep my legs well moisturized. I also like that the scent was mild but distinctive enough that it may flirt or play with any perfume or body mist you use but not over power it.

I have received this product for free from influenster in exchange of an honest review. All thoughts are my own.
Nikita M.
This stuff is amazing! & I loved the fact that it was full size and not a sample. It smells really clean and sweet yet not overpowering at all. I used it all over my body right after showering. It's really smooth & creamy, does not leave a greasy feel, absorbs really quickly and very moisurizing . It left my skin feeling sooo soft and smooth.
Nichole L.
Murfreesboro, TN
I received this body butter for free in my VoxBox, and it is fantastic! I get horribly dry during the winter months, and for the past few days that I have used this, I have noticed a marked difference in my skin. Generally, I am not a fan of body butters, since most are too heavy, but this one absorbs very quickly and leaves my skin soft instead of oily. *A bonus is the scent! I have received more complements that I smell great since using this than I have with some of my more pricey perfumes! It has been wonderful, definitely keeping this stocked, and I cannot wait to try the other scents and products! Love Beauty And Planet Shea Butter & Sandalwood Body Butter