Lost Girl uploaded by Maegan G.

BY LOST GIRL

• What channel or site can I watch this on and what is it a...2 Answers
  • How does this show get number 1? lol i have never heard o...3 Answers
  • What exactly is the storyline? Is it easy to get into or ...4 Answers
Meggan M.
Electra, TX
I watched seasons 1-5 and it was hard to see this series end.  My mother in law recommended it to me and I used to watch it with her.  She passed away before she could finish it.  It has great characters, will make you feel a ton of emotions.  I recommend this!
Angelocracy X.
secret underground bunker
Is Lost Girl just another show or a new direction for the SyFy network? Lost Girl is rated TV-MA which is the strongest rating a TV show can have. All the other shows on SyFy are rated TV-14 , TV-PG or lower. You see TV-MA shows a lot on networks like Showtime and HBO. It is rare to see a TV-MA show on a basic cable network like SyFy. This is what the TV RATINGS guildlines say about TV-MA.

TV-MA This program is specifically designed to be viewed by adults and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17. This program may contain one or more of the following: crude indecent language (L), explicit sexual activity (S), or graphic violence (V).
Lost Girl has lots of indecent language. Words that some people to not like to hear and do not want their kids to hear. Lost Girl has lots of explicit sexual activity. Bo has sex with women, men and a even a married couple.I personally do not have a problem with any of this, but a lot of people will have a problem with a TV-MA show.

I am not trying to attack the SyFy network or Lost Girl. In fact I like Lost Girl. People who do not have a problem watching a TV-MA show should check it out. I just feel that the Syfy network has done enough to inform it's viewers about what a significant change this show is ,from what people are used to watching on SyFy. I feel that some people might tune in and be caught off guard by what they see and hear. I also feel that SyFy needs to say way it is making such a significant change. Will we see a lot more TV-MA shows on SyFy. Is this a new direction the network is going. The network's Sci-Fi and Wrestling shows have a lot of young viewers. So a TV-MA show does not look like a good fit for for the network. As most of you know the cable company Comcast recently took over NBC Universal. NBC Universal is a group of Networks, SyFy, USA,Bravo and others. Are TV-MA shows the plan Comcast has for these networks?

I believe that these are all questions that need to be asked, and should be answered by the SyFy network.In preparation for writing this I did try to contact the people at the SyFy network. I did get a quick reply back from Stephen Cox, who said they would pass my email along to Gary Morgenstein. That was about 3 or 4 days ago. I have not heard anything back from the Syfy network since then. If I every do get a reply back I will post an update.

MY REVIEW OF LOST GIRL-

Series Premiere is January 16 at 10 and later at 2 am. It also repeats 3 or 4 times during the week. For some unknown reasons all the ads on the SyFy network call it a Syfy original series. People in America will start to see season one of Lost Girl on Monday night. However people in Canada are watching the second half of season 2. In the UK season 2 is just starting to air. Lost Girl is playing around the world. The show has been a big success. I guess that is why the SyFy network decided to pick it up for 2 seasons. Kris Holden-Ried who plays Dyson will be in the new UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING movie. His female fans will get to see him naked in 3D.

I am not going to repeat a lot of information that is on the SyFy website, other websites and reviews. Just going to give you my thoughts on the show.Lost Girl is a fun show to watch. I do not love Lost Girl but I do like it. I however do love Kenzi and Trick. Rick Howland who plays Trick is a great actor. Ksenia Solo plays Kenzi is also great. Kenzi will go down in history as one of the greatest sidekicks / kleptomanics ever. Anna Silk plays Bo and is the star of Lost Girl,but for me Kenzi makes the show worth watching.

I am not going to give anything away for the people who have not seen the show yet. The show has many fans that like the love triangle part of the show. For a short time the love triangle thing is some what interesting. But the show keeps it going for way to long. To the point it looks like a soap opera. For the sake of full disclosure I have to say I am with team Lauren.

Lost Girl is not a serious deep thinking show and does not try to be one. As I said before it is just a fun show to watch. I think the goal of Lost Girl is to just be a fun show. Lost Girl is a good show but not a great show. There are moments of greatness in the show. Some very well written, very beatiful, very heart warming moments. Episode 6 of season one is pretty good. In 6 there are some great scenes between Kenzi and Dyson. Lost Girl needs more of that. Even near death Kenzi looks out for Bo. Kenzi's main role is the funny sidekick. But the friendship between Kenzi and Bo is something beatiful.
Maegan G.
Carlsbad, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is bottom line my favorite show. I LOVE it. "It follows the life of a bisexual succubus named Bo, played by Anna Silk, as she learns to control her supernatural abilities, help those in need, and discover the truth about her origins." -Wikipedia

I highly recommend it!! If you like sci fi/fantasy then most likely you'll like it. All the characters are unique in their own special way. The writing and character development is quite interesting and entertaining. It has diversity and no labels and I think that's awesome. My favorite thing about Lost Girl is Doccubus (Bo and Lauren's relationship). I love them together!!! Zoie Palmer who plays Lauren is a wonderful, talented actress and so is Anna Silk who plays Bo.

I encourage you to give it a try! You won't be disappointed!!
Maria S.
Wilmington, DE
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite shows of all time, this series is full of action, fantasy, romance, diversity, and humor. I adore the witty lines and adorable actions shown from actress Ksenia Solo, and she is my absolute favorite on this show. The last season has been puzzling for me, though. It feels more rushed and less exciting, but I hope it ends up wrapping everything up in a satisfying and fun way.
Amber H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Started off pretty great but then it just became too much, like non stop go go go. The main character is pretty awesome i love the two girls banter. but i didn't finish past the first season or first like eight or so episodes because it was just constant. Which is unfortunate because there's not a lot of shows based purely on the fae world.
Erin F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I use to love this show but not anymore. The character Bo use to be likable but she turned into a selfish person. The writers of this show just starting catering to everyone's ship rather than making Bo a respectable character. Seasons one-three I've give a 4.5 and season 4's only saving grace was a new character, Tamsin. Don't waste time on the finale season.
Tiffanie M.
Westlake, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I started watching this show on Netflix and binge watched 3 seasons and have kept up with the latest episodes since then on syfi! I love Bo and Kenzie's dynamic . I was pretty upset about hale though . They definitely shouldn't have killed him off ! I really like the syfi aspect of this show .. It definitely deserves many more seasons !
Lauren K.
The Dalles, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Love love love this show! It's a great scifi series that introduces tons of different mythical creatures and races. The show continues to be one of my favorite since it has so many appealing qualities. It's got interesting characters, a constantly changing storyline that reels you in, action, romance, attractive characters. It's great!
Stephanie D.
Ft Walton Bch, FL
This is my guilty pleasure show. Definitely a great supernatural / fantasy show. It has a diverse cast and is very open with its characters. Great story-lines and awesome character development. Also, it is very sexy. I love the different history and lore they through in from around the world and manage to modernize it.
Samantha S.
From the very first couple of minutes I started watching Lost Girl I was hooked. I was always told to watch it that i would LOVE it but I never really listened. Kind of sad I didn't start watching it before but now I've got plenty of seasons to watch. I just cannot get enough of this show.
Tiffany T.
Au Gres, MI
Favorite Character?
Carmen C.
What is this series about? It looks intriguing and I might want to try it. Do you recommend it?
Katelyn H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What exactly is the storyline? Is it easy to get into or does it take some time?
Shiloh M.
Venice, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
How does this show get number 1? lol i have never heard of it my entire life until now.
Hasna M.
Acworth, GA
What channel or site can I watch this on and what is it about?