34 colors available

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #29 in Liquid Foundation

Matches skin tone and texture. Non-Cakey. Oil-free.

• Is this good for oily skin?3 Answers
  • Is it light or medium coverage?5 Answers
  • I absolutely love this foundation. It took me a while to find my sh...1 Answers
L'Oréal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup
  • "I couldn't tell you how long I have been looking for an affordable foundation for oily skin that will stay and won't transfer or slide off!" in 31 reviews
Avani P.
Avani P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This has to be the most temperamental foundation I own and I say this after using it almost daily for over 4-5 years now. This is common for me, but I had a hard time finding my shade. More often than not, I had to mix either C3-N4 or W4-N4. That sounds like an odd combination, but N3 alone was WAY too light and mixing N3-N4 did not match me at all, no matter what proportions I tried. When I tanned in the summer, N4 matched me much better, so I kind of just stuck with that. If the shade was slightly off, it didn't really bother me (I have a hard time in nearly every single brand I've attempted to find my shade in, drug-store to high-end). However, my biggest problem was oxidization. Some days, I looked like I was having a great makeup day. Other days, my face started out great and by the end of the day, I looked like an Oompa Loompa because of how oxidized the foundation had become. If that wasn't enough, sometimes the foundation blended beautifully with other products and sometimes it became patchy with those same exact products (no difference in application). This could just be my skin being weird, but some days I was extremely oily and others it was as if my skin had sucked out all the moisture from the foundation. When I say this, I don't mean it changed between seasons, these differences could occur in the span on one week and each day would be different. I was essentially gambling with my foundation. In a way, I've grown to love this foundation, which is why I feel obligated to give it 3 stars, but at the same time, the days I hated this foundation.....
Suzette G.
Suzette G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have read some other reviews and finally bit the bullet and purchased it. I didn't feel like skin matching myself when I was in the store so I just started looking through the shades and just so happened to notice that the colors that would seem to match my skin were on clearance for $2.68! I purchased the n5point5(this website won't let me type it as it's actually printed out) and figured it if didn't match I could mix it with another one of my foundations to make it work, especially since I paid less than $3 for it! I tried it today and I am hooked! I shook it up (as the girl that I follow on youtube always does that before she applies it), used my Lancome foundation brush and applied it to my cheeks and under my eyes (only the areas I have with redness or darkness) and blended it. It matches me perfectly! The formula was smooth going on and has a very pleasant smell( as dumb as it is beauty products that stink are a big turn off for me and will make or break the purchase!) I also love the fact that it has a SPF 17 in it (not high but still does have it.) I have never really been a big L'oreal foundation buyer but after seeing the large selection of colors they have I am impressed and will continue to purchase this foundation after I use it. I might even try another foundation :]
Sara R.
Sara R.
Saylorsburg, PA
I wrote a review for a different shade of this foundation recently, but I wanted to make an updated review. I was using the "c1" I believe it was, but I very recently switched to the "w1" shade because it seemed lighter and more like my skin tone. I actually really do like the w1 (idk if that's the correct name, I don't have the makeup with me here) better than what I was using. I had used the c1 shade for a few years and I always felt like it was too dark for me, yet it was the lightest shade I could find. This w1 shade seems to have more of a 'yellow' undertone than a red or pink like the other one. It seems to fit me better. Besides the color issue, I think this is a good foundation for the price. It's not too oily (even for someone with really oily skin) and it also isn't cakey or greasy. Sometimes I feel it doesn't apply totally evenly, and then you try to put more on, and it looks like TOO MUCH, but that's just how it works when you are buying cheaper makeup. I think it's good for the price and I am glad I found a shade that matches me better!
Jillian C.
Jillian C.
Kimball, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
My experience with this product was pretty bad to say the least.
I luckily did not purchase this product! I was without my foundation at a friends, and asked to borrow hers. We have very very similar complexions, so the color was no problem. I applied the foundation like I do with all of my other products - primed face and applied with a damp sponge - and it went on just fine. It looked smooth, good coverage, and we were off.
Within an hour, I looked in the mirror and was shocked. The foundation had become blotchy, and I had dark spots and light spots all over my face. It looked terrible! I no longer had any makeup brushes/sponges, so I attempted to fix the problem by blending out the problem areas with my fingers.
To make a long story short, I practically rubbed all of the foundation off my face because it looked so bad.
Would not purchase this product, and would not recommend this product to anyone. There are some drug store foundations out there that are wonderful, but this is not one of them!
magaly g.
magaly g.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this foundation due to the hype on youtube and when i first purchased it and tried it i tried it on right away and noticed it cover all my redness and was amazed by how little foundation i used for my whole face. I then decided to wear it to school the next day and i go to school from 6:30am -8:30pm and realized at the end of the day it had fade. Throughout the day i noticed my face looked like a grease ball keep in mind my face is naturally oily but never before has it it looked so greasy in my life. The next day i tried a different foundation and my face did not look so greasy and i tried it again and the same thing happened. I kid you not in less than 2 hrs i blotted like 3-4 times and usually with any other foundation i only blot like 1-2 times a day. I don't recommend if you have oily skin. So now i just mix it in with another foundation to darken my foundation since i had gotten it in a shade a little to dark for me & the other foundation was a little to light&it works
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Argyle, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I picked this up at the grocery store after reading reviews of good lower-end foundations for oily skin and taking a quiz on L'oreal's website that showed me the best foundation for my skin tone (it was C1 or Alabaster).

I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply the foundation. I liked the coverage and it matched my skin tone well. It concealed any blemishes I had as well as hyperpigmentation without making me look like I was wearing a mask. I applied a bit of concealer on top of it on problem areas and then loose powder to set the makeup.

The staying power is comparable to that of other high end foundations. It didn't slide off my face as the day went on. However, a couple of times I wore it, it oxidized after a few hours and turned a darker color. I'm not sure if it was because of my moisturizer or what, but it doesn't do that every time. Overall, I'd repurchase it for those days that I don't want to use my high end foundations.
Holly K.
Holly K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have really been enjoying this foundation. My skin is normal to dry but with the warmer weather it's now normal and not oily but I have been sweating more. The foundation feels light and comfortable and I do feel that it sets to a slight powdery finish which very dry skin may not like. It's a great summer foundation with light-medium buildable coverage. It feels even lighter and has less of a powdery finish than my beloved CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. I have the shade W4 which matches my self tan pretty well. The only con is the glass bottle without a pump, which isn't the best for travel. I prefer this version over the lumi liquid (haven't tried the compact cushion) because I find the lumi to be overly dewy to the point where it looks shiny. The regular version has a beautiful natural finish which I find to be similar to the UD Naked Skin foundation's finish.
Brianne R.
Brianne R.
(I'd give this closer to 3.5 stars if I could; it's not bad enough to be a 3.)

This is one of the only foundations, at any price point, that's available in light enough shades for my fair complexion. (Current shade: Porcelain W1.) It's also one of the few that doesn't oxidize on my skin. (My skin has no respect for price points and makes everything orange.) This also doesn't have a discernible fragrance, so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

That said, it's not my Holy Grail or anywhere near as good as the now-discontinued Revlon foundation I was using. The coverage isn't as good, and the finish is a little chalky. I also have to moisturize extremely well and blend extra carefully before using this because it will highlight any dry spots.

For now, it's the best I can do as I continue the search, but it's definitely not the best.
Celine J.
Celine J.
Pittsburg, CA
After I found this foundation a decade ago, I don't even try new ones for my every day . The first time I tried it I was amazed at how it blended and glided, felt like a fine, delicate grit sand, but it now just feels like normal liquid foundation with no pleasing grit. Not sure if I got used to it, or if they changed the formula. It also blends very well, so I don't have a cakey look. I haven't noticed any flashback in my photos over the last decade, so probably ok on that front. Lasts a decent time, not sure how long, because I do touch my face a lot. I remember buying Makeup forever at the same time and preferring this one. I also like Stila Perfect & Correct. I have purchased dozens of bottles of True Match since they came out with it. They last me like 4-5 months with once a day use.
Paige M.
Paige M.
Apple Valley, CA
Finding a foundation that matches and blends into my skin is so rare for me. I watched a few YouTube videos and some friends recommended this product. Being in high school, I need Make-up that hydrates my skin while also looking flawless. When I tried this foundation, I really liked the outcome. Although, it does feel dry on my skin. I don't recommend this for people who have dry skin. But if you do have a combination or oily skin, I think you may like this product. A little goes such a long way and it makes my skin look nice and air brushed. It's also light weight, I feel like I don't have any make up on when I wear this. Unfortunately, I did get the wrong color, but you know us Make-up lovers, we make do with what we have. So be careful the color you pick matches your skin tone.
Karla N.
Karla N.
Is it a great drugstore foundation?
Candace L.
Candace L.
Louisville, KY
urmila T.
urmila T.
Does it work good for oily skin?
Cesi R.
Cesi R.
Coconut creek, Fl
Whats the best powder to set this foundation with for a person with oily skin?
Äshäñtï S.