Shauna E.
Shauna E.
Poughkeepsie, NY

I have course hair will this work for me?
Cindy C.
Cindy C.
June 25, 2016, 12:06 a.m.
Definitely. My daughter has course hair and it works perfectly.
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
March 10, 2014, 10:31 p.m.
Yes, I have coarse hair and it works for me.
Katie G.
Katie G.
Feb. 4, 2014, 3:28 p.m.
Yes! I would recommend if you have long hair to always get two boxes. That is what I have to do with mine since it is long. I always have found that with just a single box it doesn't cover evenly and I never have enough.
Misti M.
Misti M.
Oct. 17, 2013, 11:48 p.m.
Yes. separate in small sections to make sure you get even coverage.
Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Sept. 2, 2013, 1:02 a.m.
Yes! Just be sure you apply onto semi greasy hair.. maybe after a day of not showering. It will help it stay longer and apply completely even! And of course condition and avoid washing again as long as possible.
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
Aug. 31, 2013, 1:19 p.m.
It'll work great! Make sure you condition your hair after you dye it (comes with a tube of conditioner)
Theresa E.
Theresa E.
Aug. 27, 2013, 7:19 p.m.
Yes it works great
Elizabeth r.
Elizabeth r.
May 30, 2013, 4:05 p.m.
I have the same type of hair and It works for me
Erin R.
Erin R.
May 22, 2013, 9:48 p.m.
Yes! I also have thick hair and it works great!
Charline C.
Charline C.
April 13, 2013, 7:17 p.m.
Yes it will for any type of hair
Shantoria D.
Shantoria D.
March 31, 2013, 10:08 a.m.
Yes, I have very thick hair and it worked for me when I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes
Haley C.
Haley C.
March 25, 2013, 11:47 a.m.
Yes, it will work for you. But the ammonia in the product will only make it more coarse. So do I recommend it? No, but I also had coarse hair and I still dyed it, but I had treatment done so now it's back to its soft healthy state! I do suggest you use 2 boxes though.
Brandy S.
Brandy S.
March 15, 2013, 2:07 a.m.
This product will make ur hair feel dirty n dry t out horribly n damage it too
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
March 3, 2013, 4:15 p.m.
I have course hair and this is the only hair dye that I will buy.
Liz M.
Liz M.
Feb. 27, 2013, 10:49 a.m.
I think it workks for all types of hair including coarse.
Jolie D.
Jolie D.
Feb. 26, 2013, 7:12 p.m.
It will work, but you may need to buy two boxes...my hair is thicker too and I usually need to buy two boxes to fully cover it all.
Amber C.
Amber C.
Feb. 26, 2013, 3:48 p.m.
While this is a pretty good dye, if you really want to protect your hair, I would use John Frieda. Its a foam so it offers a lot of coverage and it is the only hair dye I see little damage from
Dee R.
Dee R.
Feb. 15, 2013, 12:13 p.m.
Yes, you may want to use more than one box in order to get the correct amount of saturation.
Stephanie F.
Stephanie F.
Feb. 12, 2013, 6:40 a.m.
I say go for it! :) IT works great. I used this dye in Black to dye over my red highlights when it was due for a change.
Kayla C.
Kayla C.
Feb. 11, 2013, 12:23 a.m.
I know how scary it is to dye your hair when its dry or coarse. but... (dun dun dunnn... ) this Hair color has a handy dandy conditioner that comes inside the box as well and it works wonders for dry coarse hair. my hair was silky smooth the last time i used this product all from the conditioner. i wish i could find it in a bigger bottle :)
Peggy L.
Peggy L.
Feb. 9, 2013, 8:15 p.m.
Yes but you will definitely need two boxes.
Megan W.
Megan W.
Feb. 4, 2013, 11:19 a.m.
Yes, it works fine for me :)
Natasha T.
Natasha T.
Feb. 3, 2013, 1:35 p.m.
Yes, it should work just fine (:
Rose P.
Rose P.
Jan. 25, 2013, 3:19 p.m.
Yes it will work. You would need to use 2 boxes. I have course hair to and I use 2 boxes.
Renata A.
Renata A.
Jan. 18, 2013, 10:06 a.m.
You should try it!!!!
Rikki S.
Rikki S.
Jan. 18, 2013, 10:05 a.m.
I don't see why not, since it seems to work for all hair types!
Crystal G.
Crystal G.
Jan. 14, 2013, 10:40 a.m.
I do as well. so i would recommend two boxes as opposed to one. mix one box of dye at first and if you notice that you're running low and infact are going to need more, then start mixing the second. love this product. :] hope it works out for you.
Jojo B.
Jojo B.
Jan. 11, 2013, 8:40 a.m.
For these things hair type doesn't really matter. Go for it. Have tried these before and loved the results. However I tend to stop dying my hair, I hate how overgrown roots look.
Sapphire D.
Sapphire D.
Jan. 10, 2013, 7:43 a.m.
Yes! I have very corse thick hair. I leave it in for about an hour and use two full boxes
Stacy K.
Stacy K.
Jan. 10, 2013, 6:22 a.m.
I also have course hair and it works great. You should give it a try!!
Evelyn D.
Evelyn D.
Jan. 5, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
It should
Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.
Jan. 5, 2013, 11:13 a.m.
It definitely will work for you. It should make it a bit healthier.
Wendy H.
Wendy H.
Jan. 4, 2013, 11:19 a.m.
Yes works miricals
Milagreta R.
Milagreta R.
Jan. 2, 2013, 7:20 a.m.
It should work on your hair. If you have a lot of hair you might want to get an extra box to make sure you get all of the hair colored.
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
Dec. 28, 2012, 3:18 p.m.
If you have course hair and you are trying to go for a light hair color you should bleach it. But it does work with 2 boxes also
Lizbeth D.
Lizbeth D.
Dec. 21, 2012, 4:43 p.m.
This will work for any kind of hair .. if you feel like you have too much hair you might want to buy an extra box just so you can get your hair really saturated..also you might want to leave the dye a lil bit longer on your hair 10-15 mins max
Chasiti G.
Chasiti G.
Dec. 21, 2012, 11:40 a.m.
It should. Give it a try. If not, try two boxes.
Deanna R.
Deanna R.
Dec. 17, 2012, 2:32 p.m.
Yes it should!
Sparkle2468
Sparkle2468
Dec. 14, 2012, 11:49 a.m.
Yes i have course hair as well and it worked! :)
Brigitte S.
Brigitte S.
Dec. 14, 2012, 5:52 a.m.
I have extremely think hair and I use this all the time because it has the deep burgundy color I use on my hair. I recommend leaving it on for just a little longer and doing your roots last!
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Dec. 13, 2012, 7:15 p.m.
My hair is thick and course and it works great for me!
Christine S.
Christine S.
Dec. 12, 2012, 5:12 p.m.
Of course! I have coarse hair also, and it works fine for me
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Dec. 12, 2012, 10:04 a.m.
It works every well. But it's always best to color your hair a day or two before a big day or just a night out. Why well because if it's not your color you can always re-color before and it always helps ton the color .
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Dec. 11, 2012, 11:18 a.m.
OH ABSOLUTELY
Scheniqua H.
Scheniqua H.
Dec. 11, 2012, 9:08 a.m.
Yes it should work on your hair (hope your color come out awesome)
Aimee M.
Aimee M.
Dec. 10, 2012, 11:38 a.m.
Most definitely! I would recommend two boxes. And a great tip is to.use vaseline at your hairline to prevent the dye staining your skin. Good luck.
Fae A.
Fae A.
Dec. 9, 2012, 10:56 a.m.
I have really thick hair id recommend two boxes!
Angela S.
Angela S.
Dec. 8, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
It definitely will. I have super coarse and thick hair. Depending on your hair length, you may need 2 boxes.
Mercy L.
Mercy L.
Dec. 7, 2012, 2:49 p.m.
Yes I have course curly hair thats super thick and this brand is great depending on how much hair you have I suggest 2 boxes
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Dec. 5, 2012, 11:28 a.m.
Yes, it works great on coarse hair I have thick, coarse hair and its the only box hair dye that I will use
Dec. 5, 2012, 6:27 a.m.
Yes, but with long or course hair its good to buy two boxes.
Dec. 5, 2012, 6:27 a.m.
Yes, but with long or course hair its good to buy two boxes.
Cara B.
Cara B.
Dec. 4, 2012, 9:36 p.m.
Yes it does. You might have to use more than one box.
Denia A.
Denia A.
Dec. 4, 2012, 7:34 p.m.
You will need two boxes, I have long course hair also and for the color to get really absorbed by the hair as desired you will need to get two boxes. Also its really good with the white hair
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
Dec. 3, 2012, 12:49 p.m.
Yes with 2 boxes!
Angely P.
Angely P.
Dec. 3, 2012, 9:57 a.m.
Yes! use two boxes just in case.
Christina C.
Christina C.
Dec. 2, 2012, 6:50 p.m.
Yes! Has worked for my coarse hair.
Kailey J.
Kailey J.
Nov. 30, 2012, 1:58 p.m.
You should have no problem with using this product, maybe buy two boxes to make sure you get full coverage. I would definitely pair with a deep conditioner or a hot oil treatment, to make sure to add moisture to your hair. Also consider using a color lock sealer (99 cents at Sally's) so the color doesn't wash out as quickly.
Valarie A.
Valarie A.
Nov. 30, 2012, 1:56 p.m.
It works amazing I say give it a try !

Join Now