L'Oréal Superior Preference Fade Defying Color & Shine SystemInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #40 in Hair Color

For soft, luminous streaks of light discover excellence creme lights. The gentle, non-drip formula lets you create creamy, beautifully blended highlights in a few simple steps. The result: rich, radiant highlights and not a gray in sight.

Mistirae S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been coloring my hair for almost 9 years now, I started when I was 13 years old, and my mom would only let me use L'Oreal brand hair color, because she said it was the only one that would keep my hair looking amazing, while still doing its job, and she was right this is the only brand of hair color that I will use on my hair any other brand strips it or causes it to get frizzy. L'Oreal is the best boxed hair color!
Jan G.
Carlsbad
Review for: 5RB Medium Reddish Brown
I LOVE this hair color. It covers grays well. It gives a beautiful natural looking color. The only problem is I live in a rural area and I have a hard time finding it.   That’s why I gave it four rather than five stars. It’s easy to apply and it leaves my hair (using the sulfate free hair care) feeling soft and shiny.
Sarah W.
Grapevine, TX
Review for: 5RB Medium Reddish Brown
L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme  I have dark brunette hair and I absolutely love #5RB to give me the perfect color. It also covers those "lovely" gray hairs that I never want to see. The conditioner makes my hair soft and smells wonderful. I find this to be the color I always come back to.
Heather C.
The Woodlands, TX
Review for: 4 Dark Brown
Great full coverage permanent hair dye that covers grey hairs! Easy to use and long lasting. The color was true to the color on the box which is also a plus. The price is also another added bonus. I get mine at Wal Mart for just under $8 . It generally last me about 2mths before my hair grows back in and I feel that I need to dye it again due to greys. That's just me though...I tend to dye my hair close to my natural hair color.
Erin A.
Central Ore
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using this product for the last 12 months. I am not disappointed with my color results at all. I love that they include a free sample of shampoo in the box, and they also include a nourishing conditioner which really helps retain the color. Easy to assemble the hair color kit, and easy to color hair without help.
Megan 👑.
Manchester
Review for: 6R Light Auburn
Not to over budget which is always great when you're a mother of two. I colored my hair and I was kind of nervous it wasn't going to be the color on the box but it was! It was very accurate with the color. Its so simple to use, I do mine by myself. I'm never going to the hair salon again.
LeeAnn F.
Lexington, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the only brand of home hair dye that I buy. I have been led sadly astray by other brands, and that has scarred me for life, so I stick with this tried and true brand. My only complaint is that they stopped making my color, so I have to settle for a color I am not as crazy about.
Briana F.
Desert Hot Springs
It is a good product it has not damaged my hair. May not some people have this as I do. It comes with a condition treatment helps protects fragile areas of the hair, particulary dry ends.
jennifer F.
Bridgeport , CT
Review for: Medium Blonde 8
Definitely do not like the "To go" product. I have been using Loreal Preference hair color for many years now. Always the same product and same color. This is the first time using the "To Go" product. My color came out all even, didnt even take in some areas, and is WAY darker than usual. Almost wondered if the wrong color was packaged into the box. My hair has never been this dark. Definitely will not buy this again and do not recommend it to anyone.
Melissa S.
Newington
Review for: 2 Soft Black
I love this at home hair dye. I'm only 35 but in our family most of us already have a full head of gray hair. I dye my hair at home and twice a month because I really have no other choice unless I decided to go full gray which I'm not ready for. Superior Preference works perfect for me. It covers the gray 100%. It lasts for a little over 2 weeks. The conditioner is by far my favorite. I try to stretch it as long as I can and my hair stays pretty healthy considering I'm dying it twice a month.
Shauna E.
Poughkeepsie, NY
I have course hair will this work for me?
Josephine H.
Tempe, AZ
I haver really long hair, do you think one box of this dye will be enough to cover all of it evenly?
Crystal C.
Do you have any tricks or tips that you do when using? (For example putting vaseline around hairline to prevent stains)
Josephine H.
Tempe, AZ
donna t.
Meriden, CT
Does it cover the grey completely?