BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #9 in Facial Cleansers

Coconut oil sugar scrub. 3 Pure Sugars Plus Cocoa. 3X weekly cleansing treatment.

Naturally derived blend of 3 Pure Sugars are paired with finely crushed Cocoa, luxurious coconut oil and rich cocoa butter. This buttery-soft sugar scrub is truly kind to your skin. This scrub with brown, blonde and white sugars, rich in minerals, melts into skin for gentle, yet effective exfoliation. Experience more supple, nourished skin on both face and lips with this exfoliating sugar scrub. See effective results immediately. Skin looks more refined, feels softer and smoother. Dirt, oil and impurities are effectively removed. Dull skin is gently polished away. Skin feels smooth and comforted. In 1 week: Skin feels nourished, softer, more supple. Dry skin is smoothed. Skin looks healthier, smoother, glowing.

• Did you like the L’Oreal Pure Sugar Scrub?L'Oréal Pure Sugar Scru...1 Answers
  • Is there a strong fragrance?1 Answers
  • Is this good for dry skin? How natural are the ingredients?1 Answers
Rachel T.
I have pretty mixed feelings about this scrub. I did receive this in a Voxbox for review.

It's very important that you read the instructions on this! It says to apply it to a dry face. The first time I tried it, I applied it to a wet face, and did not feel nearly enough exfoliation. However, when used on a dry face, it's gritty enough for my taste (and I like my scrubs GRITTY).

This scrub smells amazing. It's reminiscent of a brown sugar pecan cookie.

The only thing that turns me off to this is the fact it has coconut oil and cocoa butter in it. They're not super high on the ingredients list, but it is still on there. For my acne-prone skin, these ingredients really concern me, because they breaks me out terribly. The different kinds of oils also leave a really hydrating feel after you wash the product off, which on my oily skin feels more like a film, which I don't like. So I just scrub before my cleanser, and then wash the oil off. If you're concerned about breaking out from the oil, this works well as a lip scrub or a body scrub. I use this on my arms before I hop in the shower to help control my keratosis pilaris. However, you don't really get that much in the jar, so you'd go through it really quickly if you use it on the body.

I'd say the product generally is quite good. You'll enjoy this more if you have normal to dry, non-sensitive skin. For those of us with oily, breakout prone skin, we'll have to put in a little more effort to make this work.
Maya C.
Lexington, KY
I got this product in a voxbox to test. I was excited about it until I saw the god-awful ingredients. First ingredient is isopropyl palmitate. It has a comedogenic rating of 4 (5 is the highest). This means that it is likely you will get acne from this product if you have any type of acne prone skin. Let me remind you, this is marketed as being good for all skin types. Isopropyl palmitate is a cheap way to make products feel nice but comes at the detriment of consumers. This product has soybean oil (comedogenic level of 3), coconut oil (comedogenic level of 4), and coco butter (comedogenic level of 4). You'd be better off rubbing butter mixed with dirt all over your face because at least it doesn't have the coumarin in it. Coumarin is only in this product for scent (which is not necessary by any means) and is a known human allergen and can cause contact dermatitis.

Obviously, this product was not going near my acne-prone, sensitive face. I decided to try it on my lips, as it is also marketed as a lip scrub. The exfoliant was not powerful enough for lips and it tasted really bad when it got in my mouth. I think that if they increased the size of the sugar and took out the fragrance, this would be a good lip scrub. I also tried it on my legs, but the exfoliant was not powerful enough. It also left a film on my tub that made it really slippery. The fine exfoliant is a very good and gentle size for the face, but the comedogenic ingredients just make this product unusable.
olivia m.
This product is an absolute game-changer in my skincare routine. This scrub is not abrasive whatsoever. It exfoliates my skin and lips in a soft and gentle manner, leaving my face feeling fresh, but not red or agitated. Because this scrub is sugar based, it is natural on the skin (which I love). Immediately after the first use of this product, my face and lips felt smoother, cleaner, and I was glowing sooooo hard. My skin looked and felt radiant and healthy. AND, may I add, it smells soooo yummy! The cocoa in this scrub makes it hard not to eat when I scrub my lips! I'm so thankful that L'ORÉAL Paris and Influenster sent me this product complimentary for testing purposes. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone!
Naomi V.
Tigard, OR
First off, I received this products as a complimentary item from Influenster for review.

I'm not going to lie, I was really excited to try out this product when I learned that I was selected for this L'oreal campaign! However, after the first few uses, I knew right away that this scrub was not the one for me. The scent was nice, but the product itself is very heavy-feeling on the skin and left a really weird film on my face after I had washed it off (I honestly felt like I had to wash my skin again to remove it because it was so uncomfortable).

My skin did not feel clean or smooth after each use like my other exfoliants, but thankfully did not break out my super sensitive skin. It did leave my face looking red and hot-feeling after washing though; I'm not sure what that was.

But overall, would not recommend. It smells nice, but did not do what it's supposed to do and also did not feel nice on my skin. I'm using it now to scrub my legs.... It's definitely not strong enough to remove the dead skin from there, but it will do since it has no use for my face routine. Sorry, L'oreal!
Lauline G.
First of all, L'Oreal has definitely stepped up their game. Their packaging feels really luxurious. It's in a glass jar and looks like a product you would pick up from Sephora. But beyond the packaging, the product really works. Not only does it smell like a chocolate dream (the smell is so good--seriously, so good), but it definitely softens your face and lips. My lips feel so moisturized without any lip balm or gloss now, I'm in shock. Also, the product was able to take away some dry patches and now my skin looks flawless. The scrub is extremely gentle, maybe a little too gentle for me, but you can definitely use this scrub more times during the week without irritating your skin. I definitely will be picking up the other scrubs because they're worth it.I received this product complimentary from Influenster, but all opinions are my own.
Morgan B.
Let's begin with my skin type so you can get more of an accurate picture :) During the summer, my skin becomes oily and during the winter I get dehydrated skin (TRUST ME I DRINK PLENTY OF WATER) and it is FLAKY like none other, oh did I mention it is sensitive too?! So flaky that I can't even wear liquid foundation during the winter because my flakes will show through... anyone's worst nightmare. I would use all sorts of scrubs and facial treatments but I could not get the flakes to go away until this product. The beads (sugar) in this scrub is very gentle on the skin and with me having sensitive skin, the most gentle of scrubs have caused it to become inflamed. This product is different because the beads disappear as you're rubbing it into the skin which helps people like me to be like "oh, I must be done scrubbing now" lol. The smell is delicious which is always a treat. It is kind of tricky to apply because you apply it with dry fingers but then rub it in with wet fingers. It also does not say on the bottle whether the face should be dry or wet so I have always done damp and it seems to work out (I am afraid that on dry skin, it would cause some inflammation). The reason I gave it 4/5 stars is because after the product is rinsed off, there is this film that remains on the skin afterwards. The film is probably what helps with the dry skin but with my skin being sensitive, I tend to break out from the littlest of things. This film has caused a couple of pimples to occur, but they are the tiny itty bitty white heads that are gone within a day. I thought my skin was just that smoother after the scrub, until I toned it afterwards and had the slightest hint of brown on my face pad. BUT THE GREATEST PART IS THAT I DO NOT HAVE FLAKES ANYMORE ON MY FACE!!! If you are the one person that cannot find anything, give this a try! I used it for 3 days in a row and my flakes are completely gone! I wish I had before and after photos to show ya'll.
Sydney G.
Emporia, KS
I have added 3 photos that are the progression of trying the product for 3 days straight (1-gray shirt, 2-blue shirt, 3- scarf). I do think the scrub worked in that it stripped my skin in areas and helped smooth (it felt smoother), however, I now have dry patches so I wouldn’t recommend using every single day (it says on the jar to use 3x a week, but I was just trying to get a review out). I would say if you have sensitive skin, as I do, don’t use more than twice a week, but you may be able to use it more if you don’t have sensitive skin! It did leave my skin feeling soft though. It also made a big improvement in how my lips felt since they do tend to get pretty chapped in the Winter. So it is a fantastic lip scrub and a pretty good face scrub depending on your skin type. Maybe their other scrubs would work better for me? I do love the smell-chocolate and Shea butter is how I’d describe it. When I put it on it was gritty but also sat in something that felt like coconut oil which is great since that’s great for your skin. I do get the concept and absolutely love it. The jar seems classy and pretty durable but the box the jar comes in isn’t durable since it allows the jar to shift around (if you care about that)- but you could always just throw that part away! I, personally, felt the box was unnecessary. I looked it up and this scrub is only $10 at Walmart and it’s 1.7oz and a little product goes a long ways! Hope this helped ☺️
Sequoia M.
Los Angeles, CA
This scrub is definitely not what I was expecting, especially for your lips. It feels a bit heavy on the skin for my liking. When I first rubbed it on my face it felt heavy and greasy, which I did not care for. I liked how gentile is was because I have very sensitive skin. I find it takes a lot of work to get off because I did not like the oily feel on my face afterwards. Once my face dried I did feel nice and hydrated so I will give it that. As for the lips, I don't know what made me think you it was like other scrubs that are "edible" if you will. Yeah NO! The taste on my lips even after washing it off was awful! It has a very strong chemically taste. Not a fan of that because if it happens to get in your mouth or anything it lingers. That's my only thing I really don't like. The results are great though so I guess its just something to make note of for future uses.
Emily R.
COLUMBIA, SC
I received this product for free through a VoxBox. I was excited to use a product with natural ingredients and moisturizers (as advertised), until I read the list of ingredients and saw the horrible things that this product contains. Overall, this product was not for me.

It is necessary to read the instructions for this product and to use it on dry skin. I prefer very strong exfoliants for my face and I didn't find this exfoliating enough for me. It was, however, a great texture for a lip exfoliant (something it also advertises).

This is a very hydrating product, as it contains coconut oil and other moisturizers. I felt that it did a great job for moisture, but left an oily residue on my face once I rinsed it off. I was afraid that it would make me break out.

This product suggests use for 3 times a week. Despite the size of the jar, this doesn't contain very much product. To me, it wouldn't be worth the price to use so frequently.
Dani C.
Torrance, CA
I personally love using scrubs on my whole body—nothing feels better than exfoliating dead skin!

I was so excited to try this product out. Slather on dry skin, give it a gentle rub, then rinse off with water. I liked that the formula felt moisturizing and the exfoliating beads were fine and didn’t feel too rough. The product also smells great, kind of like chocolate!

This is a product that with prolonged use shows better results. While it does the job of exfoliating, I felt that the formula wasn’t easy to wash away with just water; even after rinsing, I felt the product still on my skin and always need to use another cleanser to remove residue. For that, I wouldn’t use this as my main scrub.

I also hope to see that L’Oréal moves towards animal cruelty products, which is my main reasoning for not using a majority of their products.

Otherwise it’s a fun and great smelling product!
Tiffany B.
Bristol, TN
Has anyone used the L'Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Nourish & Soften and their skin broke out? I haven't used it yet but I was just curious to see if anyone has experienced that issue with it.
Sarah J.
Is this good for dry skin? How natural are the ingredients?
Sarah J.
Is there a strong fragrance?
Sil V.
Livermore, CA
Did you like the L’Oreal Pure Sugar Scrub?L'Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Nourish & Soften
marie A.
Is this product scented, if so what does it smell like? Have you saw a difference in your skin and if so how long did it take for you to see a difference? Would you recommend this or buy again? Thanks!