BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #15 in Mascara

Separates and builds lashes. 5X fuller lashes. Bold volume.

Voluminous® Volume Building Mascara is uniquely formulated to resist clumping, soften and build lashes up to 5X their natural thickness. -The unique maximizing formula quickly thickens and builds lashes in a single application for a full and dramatic look. -The Volume Maximizing Brush thickens lashes evenly and smoothly, leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps. Clump-resistant. Fragrance-free. Ophthalmologist-tested and allergy-tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• CI 75470 / Carmine
  • CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide
  • CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens
  • CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green

• This product has great reviews, I am wanting a mascara that gives...29 Answers
  • Is it easy to remove? Also, does it clump?9 Answers
  • Do you wear this mascara as an everyday mascara or for special oc...77 Answers
L'Oréal Paris Voluminous® Original Mascara
  • "It made my lashes look fuller, but it was AWFUL pairing on top of other mascaras and almost immediately gave me trouble with clumping." in 9 reviews
  • "I try others and always go back to L'Oreal Voluminous." in 3 reviews
Cailee M.
Cincinnati, OH
Review for: L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara
One of my absolute favorite mascaras! I've gone through countless tubes of Carbon Black and Brown Black throughout the years. The one I'm reviewing is the one with a straight brush, NOT the curved spoon brush.

Now, with this, I definitely think a bit of aging does well to its performance. After a few weeks of it being opened, the formula thickens up nicely. When first opened, it feels slippery and wet when applied, and takes a bit longer to dry. None of my tubes have dried out quickly, compared to a lot of other mascaras. I already have long, thick lashes, so really, I think I'm one of the lucky ones when I say that I'm just not picky when it comes to mascara. As long as a mascara doesn't make my lashes stick straight out (even when they're curled) or clump them up beyond recognition, and as long as it has good staying power, and doesn't flake, I'm set with anything!

This gives me great volume and length with just one coat. People generally ask me if I have falsies on. It grabs every one of my lashes, and makes them look nice and separated. The one thing I will say is that it doesn't hold a curl extremely well. Its performance on that is a bit average. Stays on most of the day without flaking (it fades slightly as the day goes on, but it never ends up anywhere on my face). For the most part, I love this mascara to pieces, and I will continue to buy it!
kelsey m.
Surrency, GA
This is my absolute favorite mascara!! Even when I use high end mascaras I always always end up coming back to this product. I love how it lengthens yet really adds volume to my lashes. I'll start by applying at the root of the lashes then apply a coat directly towards the ends to get added length. Plus the color is such a dark shade of black which I love. If I wear fakes you can never see my really lashes from the falsies because this mascara helps them blend so well. But you honestly don't need falsies with this mascara. The brush is the perfect size to coat both the top and bottom lash line. And the packaging is so cute. Matte black and gold I mean does it get any more sleek. And the packaging is light weight so it's ideal to throw in your purse or to travel. Plus this product doesn't clump up my lashes and it doesn't dry out on me either. It lasts for awhile. Plus you can pick this up at any drugstore and even Ulta. Give it a try and I know you'll love it too!!
Judith A.
I've been using this mascara for over a month. I've spent tons of money on both drugstore and name brand mascara. IT superhero mascara made my lashes stick together. They're Real mascara did a good job in making my lashes longer but I wanted volume. I've heard great things about this L'Oreal mascara and decided to give it a try. I am so lucky I tried this. I found that it applies better when I keep it in my bra as I get ready and it's one of the last things I apply on my face. My lashes don't clump together and it does give them volume. It does last a long time and it doesn't smear. I take my makeup off with a makeup removing cloth, massage my oil cleanser, then follow with a foaming cleanser. After those three steps, my mascara is still on my lashes! It's a pain to remove but also it's great to know it won't budge. If you have trouble with clumps, I recommend warming it up first and then applying.
Naishmarie L.
Review for: L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara
So happy I received this sample in a voxbox! Along with the primer too. I was actually surprised at how much I love this mascara! It's lightweight, voluminous and carbon black! It glides on easily and the brush is thick and long enough to get my entire lash in just 2-3 swoops! Gotta love this stuff guys, and the best part it's super affordable! You can buy this at any drug store! Unlike those high end brands that charge like $20 for a mediocre mascara, this ones cheaper and is a bang for your buck! The only downside is that the brush although amazing it is, I noticed it clumps a lot (only on the brush though, not on my lashes) it also grabs a lot of product that gets left on the outer rim of the brush and dries up. Other than that, it's perfect!
Kelsie C.
Review for: L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara
I have never been a mascara girl because I have such small eyelashes. I usually have to wear some sort of lash extension or you really can't even tell I have them on. I used this product along with the primer and let me just say that my mom asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes that day. She couldn't stop talking about how long my eyelashes looked. I have not tried using this mascara without the primer but I will say that the two hand in hand are a force to be reckoned with. I would definitely recommend both products to women who deal with short eyelashes or just want some more thickness and length with their eyelashes.
I received this product complementary from Influenster in exchange for my honest review which I stand behind 100%.
Connie W.
Review for: L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara
Pros
Defining
Holds a curl

Cons
Smudges on me
Not super dramatic

Price
$6+ for 0.28 oz / 8 ml

Verdict
There is a carbon black washable version of this I've tried before, so I gave the waterproof a try to see if it is better. I only use waterproof so my lashes stay curled
For a "volumnizing" mascara it's just ok, nothing compared to my Lash Sensational (review here, I just repurchased it). I am returning this because it smudges WAY too quickly and doesn't even look that impressive. I am really disappointed because I know this mascara's been around forever.

Repurchase?

Would I recommend it?
If you never have problems with mascara smudging this might be ok for you. I like mascaras with more drama since my lashes are so thin.
Candice C.
Uppr Marlboro, MD
A new favorite mascara of mine. I have naturally long lashes, so a bit of this goes a long way and makes it look like I have false lashes on.

I do like the wand. It allows me to lengthen and build volume, as well as get into the corners on my top lashes.

While I have naturally long lashes on the bottom, most people don't, and I feel the wand is a bit too big for that. For that, I might suggest a bit more pointy tip on the wand to really get in.

Another thing I noticed (and I've noticed it with two different tubes) is that the mascara stays concentrated toward the tip of the wand and not event distributed. So you can only work with the tip of brush and that is somewhat annoying.
Tawnie H.
Lenoir, NC
I am a mascara junkie and I really enjoy L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara. Not only is it affordable and easily-accessible (I have to travel about 30 minutes to get to an Ulta or Sephora), but it darkens your lashes and it does provide adequate volume. I find it really bulks up my lashes, even the unruly ones. However, it does require some extra work because it tends to cause a little clumping -- which means I have to take extra time to careful separate my lashes after the mascara dries. Not a huge deal if I'm not in a rush...but enough of a problem that I cannot use it unless I have spare time for extra maintenance.
Vanessa C.
El Paso, TX
This is hands down my go to mascara!!! It's the best I've used and I have tried almost every mascara out there from drugstore brands to high-end brands. I used to love the benefit they're real mascara but ever since I got my hands on this one I never looked back. The packaging is so simple a black tube and gold cap nothing too fancy. the wand isn't too big that it makes a mess to apply nor is it too small either. I have short pin straight eyelashes and when I apply this mascara it makes them look va-va-voom long and thick. I highly recommend this mascara to anyone! If you haven't tried it I suggest you do.
Julia Z.
Tucson, AZ
This guy kicks any and every brand of mascara's booty! I have used this for years and am constantly trying new mascaras but I always go back to this one. It's super pigmented and is one of the few mascaras that actually give you length AND volume at the same time! Does not clump or dry out after a few uses and the want is simple yet easy to use. Doesn't transfer onto your eyelids and won't irritate sensitive eyes. If I had a dollar for every tube of this stuff I've bought, I would make Kim Kardashian look broke (lol totally exaggerating but you get the picture:).
patty a.
Do you wear this mascara as an everyday mascara or for special occasions only?
Liana G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this your absolute favorite from the drugstore ?
Johem S.
Riverview, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Who loves this mascara?
Becky C.
Baxter, KY
This product has great reviews, I am wanting a mascara that gives me length and volume. Is this a good mascara for this?
Chyan T.
Covington, GA
I'm always looking for mascaras to help add volume to my eyelashes and I wanted to know how this product works