BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #68 in Mascara

Instantly Thicker, Longer Lashes. Mascara Amplifier. Conditions lashes over time.

L'Oréal Paris presents Voluminous® Lash Primer, the perfect pair to your favorite mascara to instantly boost every lash look. Lightweight eyelash primer instantly builds dramatic volume and length on each lash. Creates a boosting effect, building dramatic volume and length on each lash. Lash primer conditions over time for soft nourished lashes. Use mascara primer with your favorite L'Oréal Paris mascara to amplify every lash look.

Pro tip - apply primer then mascara to one eye at a time before the primer dries. Add two coats of primer for more impact.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• How is this at adding length to lashes?1 Answers
  • Does this primer make your lashes clumpy?7 Answers
  • Never tried a primer on my lashes before. My eyelashes are very s...3 Answers
Kitty S.
To start off with, I will let you know about my lashes and personal makeup preferences to give you an idea on if your experience may mirror mine, then I'll get into the review.

Ok, I have relatively thick lashes but they are a little short for my taste. I prefer a fake lashes look (long; full; the bigger, the better; etc) but am usually unable to wear either falsies or fiber lashes because my eyes are extremely sensitive and both tend to cause severe irritation after a short time. Thankfully, I have found that lash primers help with giving me the desired effect. Thus, I was very excited and happy to try out L'Oreal's new Voluminous Primer.

I have used this primer as a base for the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, a few drugstore brands, and a couple high end ones as well. I should note that all except one of the high end ones were washable (which I use due to my previously mentioned sensitive eyes). Having used lash primers in the past, I found this one pretty easy to apply, but if you are unfamiliar with primers, I would recommend doing one eye at a time and taking your time.

Now, to my specific thoughts on the Voluminous Primer. The packaging is simple and elegant. I like that the tube fits in with my mascaras easily but it's white so I instantly know that's the one to reach for when I want my primer. As far as the primer it's self, it's a good one. The brush is a bristle one which I appreciate as other kinds tend to irritate my eyes (or I end up stabbing myself in the eye with them). The formula is a decent consistency, lasts a long time, and does not irritate my eyes. It does work better with some mascaras than others, but I did not have much of an issue with any of the ones I used working with it.

The only complaint I have is that while it definitely makes my lashes fuller, it does not seem to add a lot of length. Granted as this is called a voluminous primer, I wasn't expecting crazy length, but more than I got when using it. Meaning, that I use this on my more natural days rather than when I want a more dramatic lash look.

Overall, this isn't my favorite primer, but it's a good one. If you're new to primers and would like to try one or like a naturally thick look, I highly recommend trying it out. I will likely pick up another tube of it to wear on lighter makeup days once this one is empty as it's a good product. I'm a little sad that length didn't wow me otherwise this might have been a new must-have for me. As it is, it's definitely something I will be keeping readily available in my makeup arsenal.

I received a sample of the L'Oreal Volumious Primer for free to test, but all opinions and experiences expressed above are my own.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
So I received this product through Influenster in their VoxBox for review purpose. This is my honest review please don’t think I am talking highly positive about this product because I received them for free. I have bought Eye Lash Primers in the past and for some reason I never liked them. I have tried both really very high-end primers to drug store primers and never liked them. So when I received this Loreal Voluminous Eye Lash Primer I thought ok there’s another Primer that I am not going to like so why even bother trying it. But since I like to review products I tried this primer and I have to say this Eye Lash Primer is never going to live my side. Its already my holy grail and I am telling all my friends that they need this primer in their life HANDS DOWN. I have this weird thing I always like to smell the mascara or eye lash primers when I am buying so the first thing I did as soon as I got the VoxBox and opened this package was to smell the primer, and I did not smell anything. Even though some people have mentioned that it has chemical smell in it. I have very thin lashes and this primer definitely made my lashes appear thicker. I think one of the reasons that I never liked any of the other eyelash primers because once I applied the mascara it would make the clumpy and heavy, with this primer I did not face that issue. So no more clumpy lashes. Its easy to remove after wearing makeup all day. If you looking for an Eye Lash Primer that volumizes your lashes and is light weight and doesn’t leave you with a clumpy lashes then stop looking around just pick this product you will not be disappointed.
valentina d.
Overland Park, KS
This stuff works like magic! I've had a couple of problems with mascara/lash primer over my years of wearing makeup. For one, I've had to deal with clumpy primer, therefore it won't coat my lashes evenly. but this primer is very smooth and very buildable- you can use as many coats as you want without your lashes clumping up! Another problem I've had to deal with is transfer of mascara around my eyes. I have quite the oily skin and eyelids, so I've had issues with smudges of mascara on my eyelids and in all sorts of weird parts, which has always made me quite angry because i would wear a primer under mascara which was supposed to help with this and keep the mascara on my lashes. This Primer however, does not have that problem! I wore this lash primer and the Voluminous Mascara with this for like 6 hours on a night and it stayed in tact! Although I got this product for free to test, I'm actually very happy with the quality and how easy it is to use! It's great!
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
This is a pretty good drugstore alternative to some higher end lash primers! What I like about this primer is that it does help my mascara last all day, and it's a lot easier to take off than my Lancome primer. It also nourishes my lashes pretty well, and they feel softer after I take my mascara off. There are a couple things I don't really like about this. For starters, it adds a good amount of volume at first but once I apply my mascara, it doesn't look dramatically different (there's still a little something extra but nothing crazy). Also, it doesn't hold a curl as well as the high end primers I've tried. It still works though! I really do like this primer, and I do like it a lot better than just wearing regular mascara on its own. If you want a mascara base that doesn't break the bank, definitely check this one out.
stacey s.
Long Beach, CA
I received this for free to try, which was pretty neat.
It's not my first primer, so I knew somewhat what I was getting into.

First things first, it has a mild chemical smell.
For those who can't handle fragrances, this is NOT for you.
Second, it takes a little bit to dry.
It says to wait between eyes, but you have to wait a bit, otherwise you would be wasting mascara.

Everything said, it works well.
It keeps the mascara used in place, and helps make lashes look longer.
I used it with Loreal's voluminous mascara and it kept things in place through a sweaty LA day.

Would I buy it personally?
I'm not sure due to some runny eye stuff I experienced.
Is it the Santa Ana winds here, or am I reacting to the primer?
Sandy L.
Castro Valley, CA
I haven't used a eyelash primer in a long time and was excited that L'Oréal cement out with one that is not connected to a mascara. That means I can use this with the mascara of my choice without wasting the mascara that came with it. I find that this primer works best if I apply my mascara straight away after applying the primer. It's doesn't make my lashes clump together if I do it this way. It gives my lashes more volume and a little bit of length. The reason for the 4 stars is because I wish it'd give more length also cause I need both length and volume. I really recommend this primer for those who have lashes that needs the extra help. I already bought a couple backups.
Kelsie C.
I will say that when I first used this primer I definitely did not expect it to work. I have super small tiny lashes that curl back sometimes so you can't even tell that I have any in my opinion. I instantly noticed that after I applied this primer and then applied the mascara on top of that, my lashes look much fuller and someone actually asked me if I had on false eyelashes. I do believe that this paired with the right mascara does the job if you want to enhance your natural eyelashes. I would recommend this product and I received it from Influenster at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest review. All my reviews are my own and are honest.
Courtney H.
I received this product from Influenster to try and review. Let me tell you I loved it. I have never used a primer before because I thought they were just going to make my mascara clump together. The primer did the opposite of that, it spread my eyelashes out. I used the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara as well. It made the mascara go on smoothly. I have short eyelashes but after using both of these products my eyelashes were actually longer. It gave my eyelashes the volume I needed. I would encourage anyone who wants smooth, volume, longer lashes to purchase this product along with the mascara. Again I tried this product for free thanks to Influenster.
Joan A.
I LOOOOOVVVVE this primer! I bought this over at ULTA out of whim. And I'm so glad I did. I've tried a lot of high end mascara primers and none of them have worked as good as this one. Works wonders. I use it under any mascara high end or not. Makes your lashes look full and high in volume. Just recently I tried it under Urban Decay's Perversion, and I love it. I don't think I can go with any other primer again. I recommended this to all the women in my family and they got theirs. They loved it. And now I recommend it to everyone who loves mascara/makeup! Best buy anyone could ever make!
Anna K.
SAVANNAH, GA
I received this in my Vox Box and while it does work very well with the Voluminous mascara, it doesn't hold a candle to my all time favorite Diorshow primer. This primer does have an isopropyl alcohol smell to it but it's not strong and it certainly dissipates by the time you apply it. It is quite white as well and very noticeable on the lashes but it is easy enough to cover with the mascara. Also another thing that bothered me about the product was that the tube is so light, I don't feel as if ample product could possibly be inside. It really makes me wonder just how much is in there.
Chanel R.
Pt Pleasant, NJ
Does this really do anything for your lashes? Is it easy to cover up the white with your mascara?
Monica M.
Does this primer make your lashes clumpy?
Jennia V.
I haven't tried this lash primer before. Is it worth buying to make my lashes bigger and better?
Kirstin M.
Lexington, KY
My friend swears by this but I don't know if it's worth it? Does it really improve the look and longevity of your mascara?
Brenda S.
Does this honestly work? Or do anything?