L'Oréal Paris Voluminous® Butterfly Sculpt Mascara

Tight-line at base. Root-to-tip volume. Fan-out at tip.

L'Oréal Paris presents more than just mascara, Voluminous® Butterfly Sculpt. Get 3 sculpting effects in 1 for deeper, darker, fuller lashes. Exclusive Sculpting Wing Tip Brush technology: inner bristles fill in lash line for a no gap tightline effect, brush reservoir loads entire lash with maximum volume, outer bristles fan out lashcorners to the extreme.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• Has anyone ever used this product before? If so how did you like ...1 Answers
  • Is this mascara clumpy? I've been seeing a lot of beauty gurus us...3 Answers
  • What is the difference between this and the original L'Oréal volu...3 Answers
Marisa D.
I really really like this mascara. When I first opened the packaging and saw the wand I was incredibly skeptical. So many makeup companies are coming out with mascaras with strange wands, half of which make applying the mascara more difficult. I was pleased to find that I was proven wrong with this one. The wand helps to separate my lashes and adds a ton of volume, especially at the root. I then go in with my BTS mascara from Too Faced to add length. :)
Cherry D.
W Hollywood, CA
I LOVE the L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Sculpt Mascara in Blackest Black! It's my all time FAVORITE drugstore (well for me Target) brand because of the brush. I am able to use this mascara on my lower and corner lashes to create long defined lashes to frame my brown eyes. It does such a great job that I can skip eyeliner or even shadow when I want a 'girl next door' natural sort of look but still be flawless. It's not just the formula but the brush that makes this a 'must have' item for anyone who wants great lashes.
Taylor C.
I bought this when I was at the drugstore because I was in desperate need of mascara and there weren't many choices. I liked the claims and wanted to give this mascara a try! Upon using it for the first time today I do NOT like the mascara wand it's too thin and has too small of brussels! Also it clumps terribly. I would not recommended this product.
Courtney D.
Brooklyn, NY
Pros: the brush is great at separating and lengthening. It made my lashes look miles long, especially in the other corners. I'm also a sucker for pretty metallic packaging. Cons: by the end of the day, this formula flaked all over my face. Not a cute look. Perhaps a lash primer would have helped, but I'm not one to shell out for a second product just to make this one work! Such a shame, because the brush is great.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Ive had 4 tubes of this mascara, and as a native american this makes my eyelashes even longer! I will say all day this is a great mascara. If you have really short eyelashes, this mascara will still lengthen them and make them look as though you have long lashes. Its not my favorite, but its definitely a great mascara. Doesn't clump much either.
Lora F.
The wand is a bit awkward to use at first, but when you apply it gets through every single lash. It's a bit tricky at first cuz you have to kinda be careful to wipe off any extra product cuz if not it will get clumpy. I use that wand first and to make my lashes look up and not clumpy I use the wand from BENEFIT (roller lash) :-)
Melanie H.
San Diego, CA
I really liked the wand on this mascara. It helps the product go on nicely, separating lashes beautifully. You have to be careful not to get too much product on the brush though or you'll have a hard time getting the clumps out with the wand. I made that mistake the first time and had to grab a clean wand to clear up the mess.
Sally H.
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe I got a dud, but this mascara is horrible. After my third try it went into the trash. WAY too much product comes out onto the wand so you have to spend entirely too much time scrapping it off. You can get your lashes looking voluminous after removing excess product, but don't even try to apply a second coat. Turns into a clumpy, wet mess.
K'Lynn R.
Paris, TX
This is not my go to mascara but it does pretty much do the job. It's a good price. I've only bought it once, I'm not too sure I'd buy it again. Not a big fan of the "brush"...it's a little awkward. If you wanna try something new, have at it.
Alexis M.
Wichita Falls, TX
I just got this recently just because i love that it said "butterfly" and it was purple. When I tried it, I fell in love with the applicator and how smootly it went on. It doesn't clump and it does make your lashes more voluminous and longer. I definitely recommend this mascara to those who are looking for a cheaper alternative to get longer and voluminous lashes.
Alex A.
San Antonio, TX
I recently bought this mascara and I have mixed feelings about it. I like the volume and length it gives but does anyone have a problem with the wand clumping with mascara causing clumpy lashes?
Jessica L.
Does anyone find that this dries out pretty quickly or was it just mine? I felt like mine dried out fast but it could've just been a fluke.
Dipti T.
Is this mascara clumpy? I've been seeing a lot of beauty gurus using it, and it looks so cool! I'm still not sure whether I should buy it.
Humera M.
Stockbridge, GA
Does this mascara live up to claims on the packaging?
Christina F.
What is the difference between this and the original L'Oréal voluminous butterfly mascara?