BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #37 in Liquid Foundation

Matches skin tone and texture. Non-Cakey. Oil-free.

• Finish: Natural
  • SPF: 17 (select shades)
  • Coverage: Light to medium
  • Skin Type: For all skin types, Oil-free, Available in 33 skin-true shades.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.01%

• Is this good for oily skin?3 Answers
  • Is it light or medium coverage?6 Answers
  • I absolutely love this foundation. It took me a while to find my ...1 Answers
L'Oréal Paris True Match™ Super Blendable Makeup
  • "I couldn't tell you how long I have been looking for an affordable foundation for oily skin that will stay and won't transfer or slide off!" in 31 reviews
Avani P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This has to be the most temperamental foundation I own and I say this after using it almost daily for over 4-5 years now. This is common for me, but I had a hard time finding my shade. More often than not, I had to mix either C3-N4 or W4-N4. That sounds like an odd combination, but N3 alone was WAY too light and mixing N3-N4 did not match me at all, no matter what proportions I tried. When I tanned in the summer, N4 matched me much better, so I kind of just stuck with that. If the shade was slightly off, it didn't really bother me (I have a hard time in nearly every single brand I've attempted to find my shade in, drug-store to high-end). However, my biggest problem was oxidization. Some days, I looked like I was having a great makeup day. Other days, my face started out great and by the end of the day, I looked like an Oompa Loompa because of how oxidized the foundation had become. If that wasn't enough, sometimes the foundation blended beautifully with other products and sometimes it became patchy with those same exact products (no difference in application). This could just be my skin being weird, but some days I was extremely oily and others it was as if my skin had sucked out all the moisture from the foundation. When I say this, I don't mean it changed between seasons, these differences could occur in the span on one week and each day would be different. I was essentially gambling with my foundation. In a way, I've grown to love this foundation, which is why I feel obligated to give it 3 stars, but at the same time, the days I hated this foundation.....
Sara R.
Saylorsburg, PA
I wrote a review for a different shade of this foundation recently, but I wanted to make an updated review. I was using the "c1" I believe it was, but I very recently switched to the "w1" shade because it seemed lighter and more like my skin tone. I actually really do like the w1 (idk if that's the correct name, I don't have the makeup with me here) better than what I was using. I had used the c1 shade for a few years and I always felt like it was too dark for me, yet it was the lightest shade I could find. This w1 shade seems to have more of a 'yellow' undertone than a red or pink like the other one. It seems to fit me better. Besides the color issue, I think this is a good foundation for the price. It's not too oily (even for someone with really oily skin) and it also isn't cakey or greasy. Sometimes I feel it doesn't apply totally evenly, and then you try to put more on, and it looks like TOO MUCH, but that's just how it works when you are buying cheaper makeup. I think it's good for the price and I am glad I found a shade that matches me better!
Meagan W.
Argyle, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I picked this up at the grocery store after reading reviews of good lower-end foundations for oily skin and taking a quiz on L'oreal's website that showed me the best foundation for my skin tone (it was C1 or Alabaster).

I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply the foundation. I liked the coverage and it matched my skin tone well. It concealed any blemishes I had as well as hyperpigmentation without making me look like I was wearing a mask. I applied a bit of concealer on top of it on problem areas and then loose powder to set the makeup.

The staying power is comparable to that of other high end foundations. It didn't slide off my face as the day went on. However, a couple of times I wore it, it oxidized after a few hours and turned a darker color. I'm not sure if it was because of my moisturizer or what, but it doesn't do that every time. Overall, I'd repurchase it for those days that I don't want to use my high end foundations.
Holly K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have really been enjoying this foundation. My skin is normal to dry but with the warmer weather it's now normal and not oily but I have been sweating more. The foundation feels light and comfortable and I do feel that it sets to a slight powdery finish which very dry skin may not like. It's a great summer foundation with light-medium buildable coverage. It feels even lighter and has less of a powdery finish than my beloved CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. I have the shade W4 which matches my self tan pretty well. The only con is the glass bottle without a pump, which isn't the best for travel. I prefer this version over the lumi liquid (haven't tried the compact cushion) because I find the lumi to be overly dewy to the point where it looks shiny. The regular version has a beautiful natural finish which I find to be similar to the UD Naked Skin foundation's finish.
Brianne R.
(I'd give this closer to 3.5 stars if I could; it's not bad enough to be a 3.)

This is one of the only foundations, at any price point, that's available in light enough shades for my fair complexion. (Current shade: Porcelain W1.) It's also one of the few that doesn't oxidize on my skin. (My skin has no respect for price points and makes everything orange.) This also doesn't have a discernible fragrance, so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

That said, it's not my Holy Grail or anywhere near as good as the now-discontinued Revlon foundation I was using. The coverage isn't as good, and the finish is a little chalky. I also have to moisturize extremely well and blend extra carefully before using this because it will highlight any dry spots.

For now, it's the best I can do as I continue the search, but it's definitely not the best.
Celine J.
Pittsburg, CA
After I found this foundation a decade ago, I don't even try new ones for my every day . The first time I tried it I was amazed at how it blended and glided, felt like a fine, delicate grit sand, but it now just feels like normal liquid foundation with no pleasing grit. Not sure if I got used to it, or if they changed the formula. It also blends very well, so I don't have a cakey look. I haven't noticed any flashback in my photos over the last decade, so probably ok on that front. Lasts a decent time, not sure how long, because I do touch my face a lot. I remember buying Makeup forever at the same time and preferring this one. I also like Stila Perfect & Correct. I have purchased dozens of bottles of True Match since they came out with it. They last me like 4-5 months with once a day use.
Paige M.
Apple Valley, CA
Finding a foundation that matches and blends into my skin is so rare for me. I watched a few YouTube videos and some friends recommended this product. Being in high school, I need Make-up that hydrates my skin while also looking flawless. When I tried this foundation, I really liked the outcome. Although, it does feel dry on my skin. I don't recommend this for people who have dry skin. But if you do have a combination or oily skin, I think you may like this product. A little goes such a long way and it makes my skin look nice and air brushed. It's also light weight, I feel like I don't have any make up on when I wear this. Unfortunately, I did get the wrong color, but you know us Make-up lovers, we make do with what we have. So be careful the color you pick matches your skin tone.
Kenzie F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this foundation in the shade W1-Porcelain, which is actually too warm for me; I should have gone for the cool tone option. However, I was very surprised by the shade selection offered! It is incredibly hard to find foundations light enough for my skin tone- especially when it comes to drugstore. Although the color is amazing, I was a little disappointed in the product overall. I notice it clings to my dry patches and accentuates my texture issues. I have tried multiple forms of application, different primers, different powders, etc, and I just can't seem to make it work for my dry-combination skin. I'm still giving four stars though due to the amazing shade selection offered and it is very blendable for a cheap price. It also has SPF 30 so that's a bonus!
Sara R.
Saylorsburg, PA
Good for the price. I' m someone with oily and red skin, I'm also extremely pale. I have a hard time finding shades that match my skin tone. This foundation is the closest I have been able to find within drugstore makeup brands. For my skin, it goes on a little more orangey, but it is the best that I have been able to find for the price.

My problem with it, is that after all the years I've used it, I've noticed it doesn't have the best coverage anymore. I don't know if I'm like, immune to it now haha, or if I'm comparing my skin to everyone else's in this perfect/air brushed looking society. I have very imperfect skin. But for what it's worth, it's okay. To be honest, I'm in the market to try something new, but I don't have a high budget at all.
Courtney S.
Manassas, VA
Pros:
-Color wise, this foundation is amazing. Very easy to find something that is your skin tone.
-Easy to apply.
-Doesn't smell too strong.
-Blends nicely with a brush, sponge, or hands.

Cons:
-Have to use a lot of get a nice and even coverage.
-Not worth the price since you have to use a lot
-Doesn't last as long as I would like. Have to reapply.
-Not the best choice if you have sensitive eyes and skin.

Over all:
It's a good drugstore foundation. Worth buying if you don't have time or the money right then to go to Sephora to get a different on. But in the end, I end up paying as much for the small bottle (that I have to use a lot of) that I would pay for a bigger bottle of really good foundation that lasts and stay on all day.

Karla N.
Is it a great drugstore foundation?
Candace L.
Louisville, KY
urmila T.
Does it work good for oily skin?
Cesi R.
Coconut creek , FL
Whats the best powder to set this foundation with for a person with oily skin?
Äshäñtï S.