BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #33 in Powder Foundation

Liquid Foundation. Fresh Luminous Finish. Buildable Coverage.

• Finish: Fresh, Natural & Luminous
  • Coverage: Sheer to medium, buildable coverage
  • Skin Type: For all skin types. Safe for sensitive skin. Does not clog pores.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• Is this product oily and what's the staying power like?2 Answers
  • Does anyone have both this and the pump bottle of the lum...2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Valerie E.
L'Oréal Paris True Match™ Lumi Cushion Foundation is a really great foundation! I'm always on the hunt for a foundation that not only gives me the coverage I need, but is affordable and can be found at most drugstores. A friend recommend I try this product, and I was very content with my overall experience using it. L'Oreal always creates great quality products, and this was no exception. Easy to spend, mediuim to light coverage, and I loved that it felt great on my combination skin. It also didn't cake up at all and held up for most of the day. Overall, I recommend this product to family and friends.
Teran P.
Minneapolis , MN
This product deserves most of the hype it receives, however, it does not deserve the high price tag. I love the coverage and finish this provides, as it looked natural yet flawless on the skin. I have dry skin and appreciated the luminosity it provided to my skin, but I needed to set it with a powder because, when worn alone, it was just a bit too shiny on the skin. Given the high price for about half the product of a typical drugstore foundation (around 1 oz), I don't think I would purchase this again unless it was at least 50% off. You really are paying for the cushion-aspect of the product. Also, I am curious as to whether or not this is L'Oreal's liquid Lumi foundation in a cushion compact. I'm guessing it is, so I may just end up purchasing that instead. I will receive twice the product and most likely the same results!
Alisha D.
Battle Creek, MI
Review for: Nude Beige (W3) more...
I love this foundation! I saw it one day while browsing and shopping and decided to buy & try in the shade 'W3 Nude Beige' which is what I normally wear in most foundations. I like that it comes with the applicating sponge and that I can put as much on as I want, or as little as I want. It buidable, the coverage is nice, light, and feels nice on my face. And I didn't have any issue matching it to my skin color. One little thing about it though, you kind of pay alot for a really small amount, the first one I bought didn't last long (I don't really cake my make up either) Lovin Lumi by Loreal just wished it came with more of the product, or at least reduce the price 💖💖💖
Alyee H.
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2) more...
I have always been one to try new foundations and see what’s out there. I am very happy with my purchase. This is a sheer luminous foundation that is great for light coverage days. Depending what day I am having or if I am going out at night I like to choose my foundation accordingly and what I know that works best. This is definitely a summer pick for me.

Packaging: The packaging is very attractive and appealing. It’s like a compact for powder and instead is a creamy foundation that sets in some sort of sponge. It open up in 2 step process. First open to reveal the mirror and cushion pad. Second open the plastic part from right to left to reveal the foundation. Mine arrived properly sealed with a plastic sticker over the foundation to keep it hydrated and protected, however that piece you can throw away. If you notice the plastic top securely seals and pop back into place to keep foundation from drying out.
Arrives with a standard cushion pad.

Smell: There is no distinctive smell to the product.

Appearance & Use: Inside the cushion the foundation looks creamy, hydrated and radiant with color. I ordered a Nude beige for the summer months to have a bit more color to my skin. I’m normally a classic ivory.

Application with Pad: For my first use I tried using the pad just to see if I’d like it. I normally do not use the pads that provided ever even if it’s pressed powder. I did notice just with one press that the pad does soak up a lot of the foundation and I think that’s why people are complaining they are running out fast. The pad does have a benefit of giving a good light coverage and does build up if you keep dabbing in the foundation then to face. So I’m not a big fan of the pad and wouldn’t recommend using it. Find a good foundation brush and stick with that. The bad is rendered useless in in my opinion because it barely washes out and is unsanitary.

After using for now 2 weeks I am very pleased with this foundation. Yes it applies very light and sheer at first and you can always add more, but I like that. I wouldn’t be able to use this if I was my younger acne prone self. Now that I am older and the acne I once had is now gone, this kind of foundation is perfect for light coverage. Plus I just use a concealer to cover up any unwanted spots or zits.

I have combination skin but it depends on the day and amount of activity if my skin gets really oily. I have worn this for 8 hours and barely had to touch up. I haven’t had any new breakouts since I’ve started this foundation and keep mind everyone reacts differently to products.
I love wearing this on days I am in a rush because it’s so easy to put on. As I mentioned before I use a foundation brush and I get the right amount of product. I find I use less than if I were to use the pad plus the brush doesn’t collect a lot of product like the pad does.

The foundation blends easily and nicely. There is a luminous glow to the product unlike other foundations I have and I think that gives a little extra while out and about in the sun. Since it’s a light coverage it does not look cakey and is more natural. Plus with other foundations it’s easy to go overboard with too much foundation this one builds nicely.

Even if you are wearing a light BB cream this can give you a little boost of coverage if you need be.

I only have a few lines and wrinkles and I love how it doesn’t cake or settle in those areas.

EXTENDED USE: You can refill your foundation cushion with the same exact foundation by purchasing the True Match Lumi Foundation in a bottle. Pour contents into cushion, let it sit for 1 hour to let the product fully be absorbed and is ready for use. I will note that this is great for maybe 1 or 2 times of reuse but you do have to worry about bacteria growing in the case. I will update my review accordingly once I have finished the product completely and am ready to refill. I will see if it’s possible to clean out the sponge for hygienic reasons.

Another benefit is the compact fits nicely into my little makeup to-go bag and I am able to access it easily. Plus the cover that flips over to the left I can set my brush on to avoid touch dirty counters.

Price: The price is great for a drug store foundation. I think this foundation works just as good as Mac’s Matchmaker foundation, but costs significantly cheaper. This is great for my budget.

Overall: Very satisfied with this foundation and I will add it to my drugstore favs! If you are considering this foundation just know it is a light coverage that builds to a medium coverage and gives a dewy luminous glow to your skin. Also everyone reacts differently and just by checking the ingredients provided in the description to make sure you don’t have any reactions to those. I personally would recommend to those who have heavy acne or rosacea because this foundation will not cover it well.
Ashley C.
The formula on the L'Oreal True Match Lumi cushion foundation is wonderful. The application is also really really great with the included Powderpuff. I have the shade in N2. It really matches as well as it says it well. I really like this foundation but I feel as though it is not as full coverage as I might want and not as buildable as it says it is. I can never seem to get enough on my sponge/Powderpuff. Still it is one of the best I have used from a drugstore.
Cassie C.
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2) more...
I purchased the L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion foundation in N2 Classic Ivory from Walmart. I wasn't sure if I'd like this foundation because I have very oily skin. Cushion foundations are usually better for normal to dry skin, but I really wanted to try it for the convenience and faster application. I'm always running late for work and felt like this would be faster than using a liquid foundation. I actually really liked this. Since I do have oily skin, I used a setting powder and it worked well. I do have to blot a couple times a day when I use this, but I have to do that no matter what kind of foundation I use. It blends well and gives good coverage that is buildable. I'm giving it 4 stars because it's very pricey for a drug store foundation at around $15.
Courtney G.
Tucson, AZ
Review for: Light Ivory (W2) more...
On a positive note, the product feels nice on the skin and is very easy to travel with. This is perfect for natural, on the go, low maintenance makeup. Its very build able and though there were some blending/separating issues it still was movable enough to reblend into my face even after setting powder.

However, I will not be repurchasing because I cannot find a shade light enough for me and I feel strongly that brands need to accommodate a decent shade range (both for very fair and for very dark skin tones).   I did however use up the product for a base under my normal foundation and for contour- which it worked wonderfully as. Unfortunately the shade range and the separating do not make it worth the cost for me.
Laura H.
Sheridan, AR
I watch a lot of YouTube and I see this foundation talked about a lot.  This is a product "YouTube made me buy" because I wouldn't have bought this any other way.  I normally stick to liquid foundations and not the cushion type.  When I first applied, it was very sheer.  But, I understand this is a build-able foundation.  My skin is also combination skin but I am dry normally.  When I applied this, I was so disappointed, especially for the money I spent on it.  It made my pores stand out and was very chalky on my skin.  It was also very drying as well.  I wouldn't recommend this, but I also bought this and tried it on my own and it may just be my type of skin that it didn't work on.
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
I am a total beauty Junkie if there's a new product drugstore or prestige that catches my interest 9 out of 10 times I buy it. I had read all about this and was excited to try it but nervous about dry spots on my skin turns out I worried for nothing. This is a fantastic foundation. It's easy to apply, to build coverage and leaves skin with a gorgeous finish almost a glow. It didn't show my dry patches or give me any oily looks. It stays put all day and is easy to reapply if you choose to although you don't need to. The pigmentation is really great even though it is buildable you get a lot very easily. Very impressed!
Meredith C.
I like this product, and the fact that it's blendable/buildable. That said, I found it to be difficult to find my correct shade. I wish that my local stores had shade finders in store.

I also wish this product came with different packaging. Every single time I've seen this product in store, people have opened the product to test out the color (which speaks to my comment about it being difficult to match above).I wish the entire product were wrapped in plastic and/or cardboard to cut down on the number of people touching the makeup itself in store.
Chelsea G.
Croydon, PA
Emily N.
SAN DIEGO, CA
Is this full coverage? When i apply foundation i can still see my acne ):
Kathryn J.