BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

Liquid Foundation. Fresh Luminous Finish. Buildable Coverage.

• Finish: Fresh, Natural & Luminous
  • Coverage: Sheer to medium, buildable coverage
  • Skin Type: For all skin types. Safe for sensitive skin. Does not clog pores.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• Does anyone have both this and the pump bottle of the lumi. I hav...2 Answers
Alyee H.
Alyee H.
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
I have always been one to try new foundations and see what’s out there. I am very happy with my purchase. This is a sheer luminous foundation that is great for light coverage days. Depending what day I am having or if I am going out at night I like to choose my foundation accordingly and what I know that works best. This is definitely a summer pick for me.

Packaging: The packaging is very attractive and appealing. It’s like a compact for powder and instead is a creamy foundation that sets in some sort of sponge. It open up in 2 step process. First open to reveal the mirror and cushion pad. Second open the plastic part from right to left to reveal the foundation. Mine arrived properly sealed with a plastic sticker over the foundation to keep it hydrated and protected, however that piece you can throw away. If you notice the plastic top securely seals and pop back into place to keep foundation from drying out.
Arrives with a standard cushion pad.

Smell: There is no distinctive smell to the product.

Appearance & Use: Inside the cushion the foundation looks creamy, hydrated and radiant with color. I ordered a Nude beige for the summer months to have a bit more color to my skin. I’m normally a classic ivory.

Application with Pad: For my first use I tried using the pad just to see if I’d like it. I normally do not use the pads that provided ever even if it’s pressed powder. I did notice just with one press that the pad does soak up a lot of the foundation and I think that’s why people are complaining they are running out fast. The pad does have a benefit of giving a good light coverage and does build up if you keep dabbing in the foundation then to face. So I’m not a big fan of the pad and wouldn’t recommend using it. Find a good foundation brush and stick with that. The bad is rendered useless in in my opinion because it barely washes out and is unsanitary.

After using for now 2 weeks I am very pleased with this foundation. Yes it applies very light and sheer at first and you can always add more, but I like that. I wouldn’t be able to use this if I was my younger acne prone self. Now that I am older and the acne I once had is now gone, this kind of foundation is perfect for light coverage. Plus I just use a concealer to cover up any unwanted spots or zits.

I have combination skin but it depends on the day and amount of activity if my skin gets really oily. I have worn this for 8 hours and barely had to touch up. I haven’t had any new breakouts since I’ve started this foundation and keep mind everyone reacts differently to products.
I love wearing this on days I am in a rush because it’s so easy to put on. As I mentioned before I use a foundation brush and I get the right amount of product. I find I use less than if I were to use the pad plus the brush doesn’t collect a lot of product like the pad does.

The foundation blends easily and nicely. There is a luminous glow to the product unlike other foundations I have and I think that gives a little extra while out and about in the sun. Since it’s a light coverage it does not look cakey and is more natural. Plus with other foundations it’s easy to go overboard with too much foundation this one builds nicely.

Even if you are wearing a light BB cream this can give you a little boost of coverage if you need be.

I only have a few lines and wrinkles and I love how it doesn’t cake or settle in those areas.

EXTENDED USE: You can refill your foundation cushion with the same exact foundation by purchasing the True Match Lumi Foundation in a bottle. Pour contents into cushion, let it sit for 1 hour to let the product fully be absorbed and is ready for use. I will note that this is great for maybe 1 or 2 times of reuse but you do have to worry about bacteria growing in the case. I will update my review accordingly once I have finished the product completely and am ready to refill. I will see if it’s possible to clean out the sponge for hygienic reasons.

Another benefit is the compact fits nicely into my little makeup to-go bag and I am able to access it easily. Plus the cover that flips over to the left I can set my brush on to avoid touch dirty counters.

Price: The price is great for a drug store foundation. I think this foundation works just as good as Mac’s Matchmaker foundation, but costs significantly cheaper. This is great for my budget.

Overall: Very satisfied with this foundation and I will add it to my drugstore favs! If you are considering this foundation just know it is a light coverage that builds to a medium coverage and gives a dewy luminous glow to your skin. Also everyone reacts differently and just by checking the ingredients provided in the description to make sure you don’t have any reactions to those. I personally would recommend to those who have heavy acne or rosacea because this foundation will not cover it well.
Christina M.
Christina M.
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
I have terribly sensitive skin, so I am always so nervous to try drugstore foundations. (I always check the beautypedia on Paula's Choice to see their review of the ingredients and if they are harmful to the skin. They said this was basically the Estee Lauder cushion foundation, but without the irritating fragrance. Which makes sense because Estee Lauder and L'Oreal are sister companies) I was really curious about this foundation because I was seeing it everywhere online, so I picked one up. It is AMAZING. I have normal-dry skin, and this foundation looks and feels like skin with a radiant finish. For quick, everyday application, I don't set this with powder or even need to add concealer unless I have a breakout. For a more intense application, I'll set it with powder and add my bronzer, highlight and blush on top for a more dramatic look. The color range was a little bit off (the yellow undertones are W, while the pink are C.) I have a very pink face and yellow undertones in my body so I am using W3, and it is a perfect match. I use a damp beauty blender to apply. I cannot say enough good things about this product. The foundation lasts all day, doesn't cake up on my dry spots, it doesn't crease under my eyes and has the perfect amount of coverage for a natural look or can be built up for more coverage. I also found the best price at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10.99, and used a 20% coupon. This has replaced my NARS Sheer Glow, Makeup Forever Ultra HD, and ALL of my other foundations!
Echo S.
Echo S.
Salt Lake City, UT
Review for: Light Ivory (W2)
I'm in love with this foundation. Not only have I used up my first compact and repurchased, but I found it on sale and bought two additional to have it 'in stock'!

I love that it is purse-friendly foundation. I don't know what it is about my skin, but foundation just tends to wear off very quickly for me. It's great to have a liquid foundation I can easily reapply in the ladies room. Since I have skin on the drier side of normal, adding powder to my face really isn't an option when coverage fades. Cushion foundations to the rescue.

I have rather pale skin and use this in the lightest neutral shade (though I don't see that available for review). I don't find the foundation 'luminous' on my slightly drier skin, but it isn't cakey and awful, either.

The only con to this is that it is half an ounce, which I assume is measured before putting it into the cushion, which is obviously going to retain some product, and it is very pricey for drugstore foundation! I went through the first one rather quickly. That was when I noticed that it only has .51 oz vs 1oz for your typical liquid foundation. Once you realize the price per ounce you feel you may as well be buying a higher end brand, but then again this one works great, so who cares what name is on it!
Review for: Classic Buff (N3.5)
I absolutely love this L'Oréal Lumi cushion ! This is my favorite drug store foundation ! I wanted to try it ... then stumbled across a sale and got it and could not be happier !
I have normal to dry skin and I live in a humid area so it's tough to find a foundation that works all day for me. Well let me tell you not only does this work all day but it leaves your skin looking like it's glowing and fresh all day too not like a humid hot mess !
This provides medium coverage that can be built up to provide more of a full coverage if need be without caking or creasing and I love that about this product (even tho I myself like a lighter look , I love that it's so versatile) . There are so many shades that you are bound to find a match , which is another thing that I love about this foundation . And that the shade variation gives you the ability to have a much more natural , no make up , make up look ! I highly , highly recommend trying this product !!!
Emily H.
Emily H.
Canton, OH
This is by far my absolute favorite foundation!! It leaves the skin looking dewy and fresh. I never feel like my face looks cakey or too made up. I absolutely love the way it sets, my face feels so soft, smooth, perfect... It wears well, especially when I touch up with translucent powder throughout the day. When I have a break out, I can Build the coverage in that area and it blends well with the areas that don't need as heavy of coverage. The only con to this is that it does not contain much product. I wear makeup daily, and definitely feel that it ran out faster than my other foundations. I followed all the directions to keep it from drying out, I even kept the sticker, I replaced it after every use. One "hack " I found is that if I buy a bottle of the regular lumi foundation, I can refill the sponge. It is the same product, I just prefer this application. Lastly, I use my beauty blender, not the flimsy little sponge it comes with.
Diana N.
Diana N.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
This is an awesome cushion and totally comparable to the Korean cushion foundations. I've actually heard that this one is actually made in Korea as well but I'm not totally sure on that.

This stuff works amazingly and I really enjoy it. It evens out my skin tone but still looks natural and its buildable. It doesn't feel too heavy on the skin and tends to last all day if I set it with powder. It glides over my pores and fine lines and just looks pretty on the skin.

The only things I'm not too fond of are the price tag, it ranges from $15.99-17.99 which is pretty steep considering its in the drugstore. Luckily rite aid will have sales from time to time for 40% off and that's when I snagged this so I got it for around $10 which is a way better price tag. The other thing is that it doesn't come with a refill (Korean cushions typically come with one extra).

If you can get it on sale it's awesome!
Alysa M.
Alysa M.
San Antonio, TX
I wanted to like this foundation but I couldn't. First off I got 2 shades that didn't match me, but that could just be my fault. I applied it with my damped beauty blender because the "sponge" thing that it comes with is really bad! I honestly don't know how someone can get an even coverage with that thing. But my damped beauty blender works really good with is. The coverage was beautiful and the finish was nice and dewy. The problem is that it didn't last at all! I set it with my Laura Mercier and Kat Von D setting powder and it didn't last. I can see it separating. I'm also disappointed by how little of product you get wth these cushion foundations! When I apply it, I dip my beauty blender in a lot of times just to cover my face so I ran out of this foundation quick! I'm so disappointed because I loved how it look on me when I first applied it and I wish it stayed that way.
Allie L.
Allie L.
Quincy, WA
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
I live this foundation because it's great but more importantly, I knew what to expect/managed my expectations. I absolutely don't mean for that statement to sound harsh because I certainly isn't intend it in that manner. This foundation is great. It is smooth, light weight and looks beautiful on the skin. I would say that it's lighter-medium coverage however it is gorgeous. I 100% would recommend this product to those that have dry to normal skin but perhaps not oily. It does have a dewy finish and tends to be a bit more oily at the end of the day as opposed to my matte foundations. I also am not the hugest fan of the cushion. Not that it doesn't work but it is a little bit less convenient than traditional foundations. However, it really does leave a beautiful finish and is worth every penny of the pricey drugstore cost.
Brianna N.
Brianna N.
I'm still on the fence about if I like this foundation or not. I love that it matches my skin color perfectly but it does not last long at all. I live in south Louisiana where it's humid and hot 90% of the time so I need a foundation that will stay on and last in some pretty rough conditions. It comes out very watery and it stays pretty tacky feeling for about an hour until it semi dries. I don't think I would buy it again because I don't like feeling makeup on my face and I definitely feel this one on my face. I have dry skin for the most part and a semi oily t zone. Like I said, I love the color but not the wear. It's also quite expensive for a drug store brand ($16.99 from ulta). I may try it when the weather gets colder and maybe it will be my winter foundation but until then, I'll try something else.
Brittney F.
Brittney F.
Review for: Suntan (W5.5)
Air cushions are all the rave in Asia, especially in Korea. I've been wanting to try them out for myself, but they never have my shade. I was extremely excited to learn that L'Oreal had come out with an air cushion with 12 different shades! I tried this out in the shade W5.5, and it was a bit darker than I was expecting. Other than that, I absolutely love the way it looks. It makes my skin have that dewy glow and provides excellent coverage. I also love how you can build the foundation to add more coverage. The feeling doesn't feel sticky. In fact, it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing make up. Because I have oily skin, I do have to set it with a powder. Overall, I am really impressed by how long it stays on my face considering I have oily skin. This is pretty amazing for a drug store product!
Chelsea G.
Chelsea G.
Croydon, PA
Emily N.
Emily N.
SAN DIEGO, CA
Is this full coverage? When i apply foundation i can still see my acne ):
Kathryn J.