12 colors available

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

Our 1st liquid foundation in a cushion. True match lumi cushion provides a fresh luminous look in just 1 tap. Using puff applicator, tap makeup onto skin. Layer for perfectly customizable coverage.

• I really want to try this is it good for all weather's .... winter ...1 Answers
  • Is this product oily and what's the staying power like?1 Answers
  • Does anyone have both this and the pump bottle of the lumi. I have ...2 Answers
Alyee H.
Alyee H.
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
I have always been one to try new foundations and see what’s out there. I am very happy with my purchase. This is a sheer luminous foundation that is great for light coverage days. Depending what day I am having or if I am going out at night I like to choose my foundation accordingly and what I know that works best. This is definitely a summer pick for me.

Packaging: The packaging is very attractive and appealing. It’s like a compact for powder and instead is a creamy foundation that sets in some sort of sponge. It open up in 2 step process. First open to reveal the mirror and cushion pad. Second open the plastic part from right to left to reveal the foundation. Mine arrived properly sealed with a plastic sticker over the foundation to keep it hydrated and protected, however that piece you can throw away. If you notice the plastic top securely seals and pop back into place to keep foundation from drying out.
Arrives with a standard cushion pad.

Smell: There is no distinctive smell to the product.

Appearance & Use: Inside the cushion the foundation looks creamy, hydrated and radiant with color. I ordered a Nude beige for the summer months to have a bit more color to my skin. I’m normally a classic ivory.

Application with Pad: For my first use I tried using the pad just to see if I’d like it. I normally do not use the pads that provided ever even if it’s pressed powder. I did notice just with one press that the pad does soak up a lot of the foundation and I think that’s why people are complaining they are running out fast. The pad does have a benefit of giving a good light coverage and does build up if you keep dabbing in the foundation then to face. So I’m not a big fan of the pad and wouldn’t recommend using it. Find a good foundation brush and stick with that. The bad is rendered useless in in my opinion because it barely washes out and is unsanitary.

After using for now 2 weeks I am very pleased with this foundation. Yes it applies very light and sheer at first and you can always add more, but I like that. I wouldn’t be able to use this if I was my younger acne prone self. Now that I am older and the acne I once had is now gone, this kind of foundation is perfect for light coverage. Plus I just use a concealer to cover up any unwanted spots or zits.

I have combination skin but it depends on the day and amount of activity if my skin gets really oily. I have worn this for 8 hours and barely had to touch up. I haven’t had any new breakouts since I’ve started this foundation and keep mind everyone reacts differently to products.
I love wearing this on days I am in a rush because it’s so easy to put on. As I mentioned before I use a foundation brush and I get the right amount of product. I find I use less than if I were to use the pad plus the brush doesn’t collect a lot of product like the pad does.

The foundation blends easily and nicely. There is a luminous glow to the product unlike other foundations I have and I think that gives a little extra while out and about in the sun. Since it’s a light coverage it does not look cakey and is more natural. Plus with other foundations it’s easy to go overboard with too much foundation this one builds nicely.

Even if you are wearing a light BB cream this can give you a little boost of coverage if you need be.

I only have a few lines and wrinkles and I love how it doesn’t cake or settle in those areas.

EXTENDED USE: You can refill your foundation cushion with the same exact foundation by purchasing the True Match Lumi Foundation in a bottle. Pour contents into cushion, let it sit for 1 hour to let the product fully be absorbed and is ready for use. I will note that this is great for maybe 1 or 2 times of reuse but you do have to worry about bacteria growing in the case. I will update my review accordingly once I have finished the product completely and am ready to refill. I will see if it’s possible to clean out the sponge for hygienic reasons.

Another benefit is the compact fits nicely into my little makeup to-go bag and I am able to access it easily. Plus the cover that flips over to the left I can set my brush on to avoid touch dirty counters.

Price: The price is great for a drug store foundation. I think this foundation works just as good as Mac’s Matchmaker foundation, but costs significantly cheaper. This is great for my budget.

Overall: Very satisfied with this foundation and I will add it to my drugstore favs! If you are considering this foundation just know it is a light coverage that builds to a medium coverage and gives a dewy luminous glow to your skin. Also everyone reacts differently and just by checking the ingredients provided in the description to make sure you don’t have any reactions to those. I personally would recommend to those who have heavy acne or rosacea because this foundation will not cover it well.
Christina M.
Christina M.
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
I have terribly sensitive skin, so I am always so nervous to try drugstore foundations. (I always check the beautypedia on Paula's Choice to see their review of the ingredients and if they are harmful to the skin. They said this was basically the Estee Lauder cushion foundation, but without the irritating fragrance. Which makes sense because Estee Lauder and L'Oreal are sister companies) I was really curious about this foundation because I was seeing it everywhere online, so I picked one up. It is AMAZING. I have normal-dry skin, and this foundation looks and feels like skin with a radiant finish. For quick, everyday application, I don't set this with powder or even need to add concealer unless I have a breakout. For a more intense application, I'll set it with powder and add my bronzer, highlight and blush on top for a more dramatic look. The color range was a little bit off (the yellow undertones are W, while the pink are C.) I have a very pink face and yellow undertones in my body so I am using W3, and it is a perfect match. I use a damp beauty blender to apply. I cannot say enough good things about this product. The foundation lasts all day, doesn't cake up on my dry spots, it doesn't crease under my eyes and has the perfect amount of coverage for a natural look or can be built up for more coverage. I also found the best price at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10.99, and used a 20% coupon. This has replaced my NARS Sheer Glow, Makeup Forever Ultra HD, and ALL of my other foundations!
Echo S.
Echo S.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Review for: Light Ivory (W2)
I'm in love with this foundation. Not only have I used up my first compact and repurchased, but I found it on sale and bought two additional to have it 'in stock'!

I love that it is purse-friendly foundation. I don't know what it is about my skin, but foundation just tends to wear off very quickly for me. It's great to have a liquid foundation I can easily reapply in the ladies room. Since I have skin on the drier side of normal, adding powder to my face really isn't an option when coverage fades. Cushion foundations to the rescue.

I have rather pale skin and use this in the lightest neutral shade (though I don't see that available for review). I don't find the foundation 'luminous' on my slightly drier skin, but it isn't cakey and awful, either.

The only con to this is that it is half an ounce, which I assume is measured before putting it into the cushion, which is obviously going to retain some product, and it is very pricey for drugstore foundation! I went through the first one rather quickly. That was when I noticed that it only has .51 oz vs 1oz for your typical liquid foundation. Once you realize the price per ounce you feel you may as well be buying a higher end brand, but then again this one works great, so who cares what name is on it!
Kelly C.
Kelly C.
Review for: Light Ivory (W2)
This is the L’Oreal Lumi Cushion foundation which is my fist experience with cushion foundations although they have been around for ages. It was first an Asian beauty trend and much like the B creams the Western beauty world has adopted it. It’s a sponge soaked in foundation that you press on it and then put the foundation on your face. It has two compartments, one for the sponge, which actually works really well and I use to apply the foundation with, and one for the foundation itself. I found that this is a nice dewy, glowy foundation that applies well for light to medium coverage. It’s not the most amazing at really lasting but I do really like this foundation. The one downside to this is that I bought this back in January and the sponge is already starting to dry out. I flipped it over (easy to do) and there still is lots of product left, but when I push on it with the sponge I don’t get as much as when it was brand new. So you go through this a fair bit faster than a normal foundation.

*Note: I bought this in January and I used all the foundation up by Mid February. I flipped the sponge once one side was pretty dried out but if you use this every day or even every other day it dries out fast especially considering it's twenty dollars.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Bowling Green, KY
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
I love this cushion foundation! Seriously, it's been my go-to foundation for the last month or so. I have combination normal to dry skin so something like this sits very well on my skin. The only downside is that it DOES make your skin look dewy but all I do is set with my mattefying powder and it looks pretty great. I highly suggest this foundation for people with dry to normal skin. If you have oily skin...maybe not so great for you. I would predict many blotting sheets in your future if you do use this foundation. Just seems to do miracles for my dry areas. The sponge that comes with the compact is surprisingly helpful when it comes to getting around my nose and whatnot. The compact does come with a mirror as well. It has a locking lid for the cushion part that clicks into place so you know your cushion isn't going to dry up. The sponge sits on top of the locking lid then the mirrored lid clicks over top. Honestly, one of my most favorite L'Oreal products!
Review for: Classic Buff (N3.5)
I absolutely love this L'Oréal Lumi cushion ! This is my favorite drug store foundation ! I wanted to try it ... then stumbled across a sale and got it and could not be happier !
I have normal to dry skin and I live in a humid area so it's tough to find a foundation that works all day for me. Well let me tell you not only does this work all day but it leaves your skin looking like it's glowing and fresh all day too not like a humid hot mess !
This provides medium coverage that can be built up to provide more of a full coverage if need be without caking or creasing and I love that about this product (even tho I myself like a lighter look , I love that it's so versatile) . There are so many shades that you are bound to find a match , which is another thing that I love about this foundation . And that the shade variation gives you the ability to have a much more natural , no make up , make up look ! I highly , highly recommend trying this product !!!
Emily H.
Emily H.
Canton, OH
This is by far my absolute favorite foundation!! It leaves the skin looking dewy and fresh. I never feel like my face looks cakey or too made up. I absolutely love the way it sets, my face feels so soft, smooth, perfect... It wears well, especially when I touch up with translucent powder throughout the day. When I have a break out, I can Build the coverage in that area and it blends well with the areas that don't need as heavy of coverage. The only con to this is that it does not contain much product. I wear makeup daily, and definitely feel that it ran out faster than my other foundations. I followed all the directions to keep it from drying out, I even kept the sticker, I replaced it after every use. One "hack " I found is that if I buy a bottle of the regular lumi foundation, I can refill the sponge. It is the same product, I just prefer this application. Lastly, I use my beauty blender, not the flimsy little sponge it comes with.
Thea A.
Thea A.
Review for: Nude Beige (W3)
If you have oily skin, this product is probably not for you. I've heard many great reviews about this product so I was excited to try it out. They have lots of shades available for each undertone which is always nice for foundations in general. Like I've said, if you have oily skin, it's not going to work for you. I personally have oily skin, and even with powder and a primer, my face got oily in like an hour and a half. This product will probably work better for people with normal skin. Could also work for people with dry skin as long as you use a good moisturizer or primer. The coverage of this for me is light-medium. My face is a good canvas to test out coverage since I have lots of acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentations, and humongous pores! Sadly, this product didn't even cover up some of the dark spots, acne and acne scars I have. If you have a good skin in general, then this would probably work for you. :)
Amber H.
Amber H.
Roy , UT
Review for: Classic Ivory (N2)
Hate hate hate I cannot stress enough how much I despise this foundation and here is why...

#1.) I find that for the price its just plain stupid, its half the amount of product for twice the price!
#2.) This product is not good for people with oily skin I feel like an oil slick, and just because you have oily skin doesn't mean you cant have a dewy finish. This product stays so wet on the skin it doesn't dry down which isn't manageable for anyone.
#3.) Because this product doesn't dry down in the last it moves, touch it and it'll move, wind blows and your hair hits it bam you have streaks in it where your hair hit its a horrible product imo.
#4.) If you try to set it with a finishing powder it creases.
#5.) If you don't set it, it settles into pores and fine lines. If you had wrinkles you would look crazy.

Oh I forgot to add that at that price you might as well treat your self to something a little more high end
Dawn S.
Dawn S.
Review for: Classic Buff (N3.5)
I tried the L'Oreal Lumi Cushion to see what the hype is all about. In terms of the formula itself, the shade match was right on target and it blended beautifully with a Sigma F80 Kabuki brush. Coverage is medium and can be built up. However, as with most drugstore foundations it broke down within 3 hours around my nose. I don't have oily skin and I used my usual primers. So that was an issue for me. The biggest negative is price. This was $16.99 for 1/2 fluid ounce (translating to $33.98 for a full ounce) putting it in the realm of TooFaced and Urban Decay etc. The Lumi Cushion's overall performance just does not justify such a hefty price tag. By comparison,Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Foundation retails for about $10 per ounce and is superior in performance and lasting power. I don't recommend the Lumi Cushion unless you can it on sale with coupons and you don't require extended lasting power.
Chelsea G.
Chelsea G.
Croydon, PA
Emily N.
Emily N.
SAN DIEGO, CA
Is this full coverage? When i apply foundation i can still see my acne ):
Kathryn J.