BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

L'Oreal Technique CHROMA True Reds is a permanent hair color range by L'Oreal Technique consisting of 6 shades that provide lift and deposit of high intensity True Red tones to the hair.

• Has anyone tried the #Violets? I'm currently a redhead an...1 Answers
Mackenzie S.
Plymoith
I love love love this hair dye. I have been dying my hair red for the past year or so and this is one of the 2 brands I use. I love the colors, especially chroma sangria, chroma ruby, chroma garnet and chroma cherry. Although I am only 26, I do get gray hairs (believe it or not). I like to blame it on my children;) This dye has excellent coverage and lasts longer than most red hair color. (Please note that I only wash my hair with shampoo about 3 times a week at most).

I always mix with 20 volume developer. I am naturally a level 4 or 5 and this product has always done an amazing job. I have a TON of hair (it is thick and wavy and comes down to my lower back) and I only use 1/2 the tube when touching up my roots. The mixing ratio is 1:1, which is about the norm for hair coloring products.

This dye is not super harsh on my hair and it makes it look very healthy and beautiful. I only ended up touching up my roots because of the gray, and not because of the color fading. One tube of this color costs me a little under $6 which is good considering I get 2 applications from one tube.

As with most hair colors, it does discolor/stain the skin fairly quickly. So if it does get in contact with your skin, be sure to wipe it off immediately.

Overall, a really great hair dye. It is vibrant, the colors are beautiful, and it doesn't fade quickly like most red hair colors do. It's extremely affordable and completely worth every penny. Highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a gorgeous red color. I will continue to purchase this product until I stop coloring my hair red (which I don't see happening anytime soon)!
Erika S.
Newark, NJ
Such an amazing color! My red was vibrant and very noticeable. It was not crayon red so don’t panic. It lasted a very long time. I would say that I had to reuse this product 4-6 months after my first dye just to dye the new roots and to lift up the color from the rest of the hair. I did not find it to cause any damage to my hair/curls. Very easy to apply. I had go use two bottles just because my hair was long. If you’re dying your hair at home, I recommend using this!
Patricia L.
Houston
I love the brightness of the magenta awesome color the only down fall is it bleeds. If you sweat, swim, or just shower the color will bleed out. I am now using the Garnet it is a dark color with red undertones so in the sun you see the red less bleeding
Lauriell B.
Orlando, FL
I usually use L'Oréal Hicolor but decided to give this a try. I used the garnet color. The color is really pretty but not as vibrant as I would have liked. I only needed one tube with the Hicolor but should have used two tubes of this. It did seem to dry out my hair some though.
Michelle L.
Springfield, OR
I love doing the deeper, cool toned jewel reds on my hair! These reds are perfect for that! In one day step i can take my dull, faded hair and have beautiful garnet or ruby colored hair! No extra bleaching or processing! This is, by far, one of my favorite hair products!
Jess U.
Springfield, MO
I use this to color my dark brown hair. I can use this without pre-bleaching and it gives me a vibrant red color. It doesn’t stain my skin or countertops, which I appreciate. Have bought several times and will continue to purchase
Coryn S.
Rochester
THE BEST SHADE OF RED I HAVE EVER GOTTEN CAME FROM THIS! My hair has never been such a vibrant, yet natural looking red, until this came into my life. 10/10 will continue to use.
Tailor R.
Berea, KY
Listen if your have dark hair, this stuff will turn your hair red in like two sessions without bleaching. It is super pigmented and works amazing! I couldn’t believe what it did until two days later. It is amazing!!!!
Anyssa E.
Oak Creek, CO
I am so in love with this product. I have naturally dark hair and I do not have to bleach my hair at all when I use this. I just use this product and boom reader then an apple. This is the best dye for dark hair
Bory C.
Knoxville
This is the perfect rusty red brown color. This color is a realistic red. It's an auburn color that is work safe for anyone wanting to try red. It is permanent atlough it will fade over time, however I find it wonderful.
Ana M.
Laredo, TX
Has anyone tried the #Violets? I'm currently a redhead and want a new color for the new year. Thanks