Hair CareHair ColorL'Oréal Paris
Superior Preference Hair Color

L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color

L'Oréal Superior Preference Hair Color – our gold standard in luxurious permanent hair color since 1973. Superior Preference at-home hair coloring kit is special because it delivers super shiny luminous hair color. Preference gives you long lasting hair color that’s fade-defying for weeks and weeks. From root to tip whether you have blonde hair, brown hair, black hair or red hair color, your color won’t look dull or brassy. We pair our translucent gel hair dye formula with our exclusive Care Supreme Conditioner with Shine Serum that help keep color vibrancy and provides silky and shiny hair color. Preference is available in over 50 Luminous Shades. Our Luminous Blonde shades range across a wide spectrum from light blonde to dirty blonde, honey blonde to red blonde and strawberry blonde to champagne blonde. Our rich Brown shades range across the spectrum of ash brown to sun-kissed caramel brown. Our deep Red shades range from dark red to auburn and copper to mahogany to burgundy. Each Superior Preference hair color is crafted to show infinite tones and reflects, so you can find your own Superior Preference signature.

How to Use

Instructions vary by shade. For complete instructions, please refer to package insert located inside hair color box.

Our formulas are modified from time to time, so this ingredient listing may not exactly reflect the ingredients in the product you purchase and use.
Always read the ingredient list on the product label before use.

How does this work over permanent color and how much more frequently do you have to use it compared to permanent color?
Is it quick to fade?
anyone tried this
Start your review of L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color!
Product Highlights
My "real"color is a light brunette so I need a hair color that is a little stronger to get it to the blonde that I(and hubby lol) like and I find This one does the trick without drying out and ruining my hair.in reviews
This leaves my hair soft and lightened a couple of shades lighter than my actual color.in reviews
I've used this so many times to lighten my dark brown/black hair instead of using bleach and its amazing.in reviews
The hair dye that I have been using for years to lighten my naturally dark, srawberry blondish hair.in reviews
Jaime F.
Texas
1,259 reviews
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Jaime F.
Purchased at: CVS
Review for: 5 Medium Brown
First time using this hair color, and I’m impressed! The scent is as expected for hair color but the formula sets it apart. I didn’t experience one drip and it was easy to apply. I have a few stubborn grays other hair colors left behind, but this product offered me full coverage! There is a decent array of shades to choose from. I’ll definitely be repurchasing.
Tara T.
Review for: 8G Golden Blonde
Great color with lasting power to cover the head of grays appearing lately. Very easy to slather on with easy instructions and provided gloves to do so. Would recommend as a product to use regularly
Deaven I.
Warsaw, IL
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Deaven I.
Purchased at: Walmart
I usually never do at home hair dye kits, I always go to the salon. But if I’m super desperate and neeeeeed a quick fix, this is what I get! Directions are super easy and getting everything ready is a breeze. Application is the hardest part, just because it’s hard when you can’t see everything or are doing it alone. It isn’t terribly hard though and the coverage is great. I did panic a little because for the first five minutes it looked a reddish color on my roots, but it went away and darkened like it was supposed to. It smelled really nice and I love the conditioner that comes with it, and is used for weekly treatments. It started to make my head itch towards the very end, but it wasn’t bad and I was actually surprised it didn’t itch way sooner. It also smells AMAZING. Overall, if you dye your hair at home this is a great product! #influenster #winningstreak #summervibes #haircare #hairdye #followforfollow
Rosalyn R.
Kew Gardens, NY
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Rosalyn R.
Purchased at: CVS
Review for: 4R Dark Auburn
This was my first time using this. I didn't like the ammonia smell. It was a gel like consistency. It went on good and the color was the one I wanted. I definitely would change the damn smell. I might use this again. The color was great. I was pretty satisfied with this hair color.
Valerie I.
Austin, TX
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Valerie I.
Review for: 6R Light Auburn
I have red hair and they offer a beautiful selection of colors for redheads. I use several different times depending on the season and what my natural hair is looking like. Always leaves my hair healthier then before coloring and with tons of shine!
Lisa G.
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Lisa G.
Review for: 9.5 NB LIGHTEST NATURAL BLONDE
Ok so I will start with a positive comment....my hair is very shiny after dying. However....my hair feels so gross and dry. The color pretty much matches what the box says but I feel it did not lighten my ash blond roots at all. My hair is very brassy now at the roots. I will use a purple toner to see if I can fix. I used to use this years ago and I don't recall having this experience. I do not recommend.
Cassie M.
Bronx, NY
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Cassie M.
Review for: 5MB Medium Auburn Brown
I use the color 5MB (medium auburn) and it looks like a natural red/brownish color. The color does fade, so after maybe 2 touch ups to the roots you should color your whole head of hair. I’ve always gotten the exact color from the box and the color looks completely natural.
Megan Q.
Oklahoma City, OK
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Megan Q.
I always use the champagne blonde 👱🏻‍♀️ Since I have been doing my hair from home more since covid but this always turns my hair a great color without the brass which is hard to find! Would definitely recommend the color I use is 8.5A or 9A!L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Hair Color, Medium Golden Blonde 8G (Packaging may vary)
Cara E.
Port Richey, FL
Review for: 4A Dark Ash Brown, 5A Medium Ash Brown
If you are looking for a quick at home hair dye then I would definitely recommend L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color. This hair color leaves my hair looking shiny after I’ve colored it and the color lasts a while.
Leann K.
Leaves the hair soft and colors the grays. Price is good and easy directions to follow
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Rebecca T.
Jersey City, NJ
il y a un an
Does L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color work on dark hair or should I bleach my hair first?
Brittany B. il y a un an
I personally wouldn’t even use this product. I’ve had so many bad experiences with L’Oréal box hair coloring products. If you are stuck on trying this product though, I always recommend bleaching it first if your hair is pretty dark, then doing some deep hair conditioning treatments, then using the final product to get the look you’re wanting to achieve!