BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

L'Oréal Superior Preference Hair Color – our gold standard in luxurious permanent hair color since 1973. Superior Preference at-home hair coloring kit is special because it delivers super shiny luminous hair color. Preference gives you long lasting hair color that’s fade-defying for weeks and weeks. From root to tip whether you have blonde hair, brown hair, black hair or red hair color, your color won’t look dull or brassy. We pair our translucent gel hair dye formula with our exclusive Care Supreme Conditioner with Shine Serum that help keep color vibrancy and provides silky and shiny hair color. Preference is available in over 50 Luminous Shades. Our Luminous Blonde shades range across a wide spectrum from light blonde to dirty blonde, honey blonde to red blonde and strawberry blonde to champagne blonde. Our rich Brown shades range across the spectrum of ash brown to sun-kissed caramel brown. Our deep Red shades range from dark red to auburn and copper to mahogany to burgundy. Each Superior Preference hair color is crafted to show infinite tones and reflects, so you can find your own Superior Preference signature.

How to Use

Instructions vary by shade. For complete instructions, please refer to package insert located inside hair color box.

Our formulas are modified from time to time, so this ingredient listing may not exactly reflect the ingredients in the product you purchase and use.
Always read the ingredient list on the product label before use.

L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color
  • "My "real"color is a light brunette so I need a hair color that is a little stronger to get it to the blonde that I(and hubby lol) like and I find This one does the trick without drying out and ruining my hair." in 3 reviews
  • "The hair dye that I have been using for years to lighten my naturally dark, srawberry blondish hair." in 1 review
  • "This leaves my hair soft and lightened a couple of shades lighter than my actual color." in 1 review
  • "I've used this so many times to lighten my dark brown/black hair instead of using bleach and its amazing." in 1 review
Charlotte H.
Columbia
Review for: 8A ASH BLONDE more...
I did enjoy using this product! I wanted to go for a little something darker, so this was perfect! The items are easy to use and I dyed my hair in about an hour! Even when I mixed all the products in (don’t do that!!!), it still came out to a nice finish! The thing I would be wary about is that if you have bleached hair, it might not take the color the same way your roots will (before photo attached for reference).
Tara D.
Westminster
Review for: 5G Medium Golden Brown more...
This is a great product because it leaves my hair shiny and soft..... I use golden brown colors when I want my hair to look more auburn without being a copper red..... golden brown colors my hair brunette with golden highlights in it and the golden highlights make my hair turn a nice shade of auburn brown when I want something besides just brunette hair..... any brown color that has golden, bronze, mahogany, chestnut, etc in the title will turn out a shade of red/brown
Mikyra L.
atlanta
Review for: 1 Ultimate Black more...
I wish i could have permanent jet black hair i just love the way this color looks on my it last so long it doesn’t run in the shower it’s super black which other brands don’t really have it only take 10 minutes to apply it’s super easy doesn’t cost much like salons it’s easy to get a hold of it’s in every store known to man it’s makes my hair shiny bouncy I’ve been on this product for four years and probably won’t stop
Stephanie F.
Youngsville
Review for: 4R Dark Auburn more...
This hair dye is exactly what you expect and true to color. It’s provides a dark brownish red and nice and shiny. I buy it every 2 months. The application is easy to use and mix. The directions are simple and the conditioner to put in your hair after smells amazing and makes your hair silky soft.
Tiffany S.
I needed a quick dye before visiting my dad so I picked this up in the color burgundy. After I dyed my hair it looked black. It took a few washes before it was the color it was supposed to be. But, it lasts forever, at least for me it did. It's been almost 7 months since I dyed it and you can still see hints of it in my hair (not in a bad way other than my roots looking horrible).
Jeremy W.
Graham, NC
Review for: 4 Dark Brown more...
Used this product about a month ago after my hair turned orange and it wasn’t very effective. Right after i used it my hair was black and after only 3 days it was already faded and you could see the orange again. I expected a name brand hair dye to last at least 2 weeks. Very disappointed.
Kortney M.
Amherst, WI
Review for: RR07 Intense Red Copper more...
Completely in LOVE. I needed a change and decided to go for red. Being told that red needs a lot of upkeep, I am so impressed that it has had minimal fading over the last 1.5 months, all that I really have to touch up is the roots. It's inexpensive and absolutely flawless.
Joanna N.
Amarillo
I have used this brand of hair color for over 20 years to cover my gray hair. This hair color provide amazing coverage for those stubborn grays I would definitely recommend to friends! This is a great product and reasonably priced
Bethany H.
Cortland, NY
Review for: 5Cb Medium Chestnut Brown more...
I used to color my hair often and this hair color was once of the cheapest out there. The reason I don’t give this dye 5 stars is because I have stubborn gray roots and this dye no matter how long I leave it on will not stick to the gray in my hair. If you don’t have gray hair this color probably works perfectly fine. If you do have gray hair this product probably isn’t for you
Ezra M.
houston
Review for: 4 Dark Brown more...
My mom always uses the black version of this. Lasts really long and we love the conditioner that’s included. I have only tried darker colors to get rid of some highlights which worked well.
Amanda M.
Villa Rica, GA
I have been thinking about going with a lighter color on my blue and pink hair, do you think this would take with those colors?
Katie A.
I have super dark hair and I am looking for a change. Does anyone know if this will blend well as highlights?
Hannah Q.
Pahoa, HI
HAS ANY ONE TRIED THE L'OREAL SUPERIOR PREFERENCE SUN-KISSED CARAMELS, HI-LIFT ASH BROWN UL61 ON DYED BROWN HAIR? THE COLOR LOOKS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL ASH COLOR BUT ITS CONSIDERED A CARAMEL SHADE AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT CAN BE BOTH. IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE OR HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE RESULTS.
Diane H.
West Monroe, La
What is the difference color ranges it is available in?
Mollie K.
Pleasantville, NY
I have very frizzy, wavy hair that is a very dull brownish color and I'm not sure if dying my hair would work because of my texture - any suggestions on if this brand would have the color really stick in my hair or if it would just rinse out right away because of my texture?