L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color

L'Oréal Superior Preference Hair Color – our gold standard in luxurious permanent hair color since 1973. Superior Preference at-home hair coloring kit is special because it delivers super shiny luminous hair color. Preference gives you long lasting hair color that’s fade-defying for weeks and weeks. From root to tip whether you have blonde hair, brown hair, black hair or red hair color, your color won’t look dull or brassy. We pair our translucent gel hair dye formula with our exclusive Care Supreme Conditioner with Shine Serum that help keep color vibrancy and provides silky and shiny hair color. Preference is available in over 50 Luminous Shades. Our Luminous Blonde shades range across a wide spectrum from light blonde to dirty blonde, honey blonde to red blonde and strawberry blonde to champagne blonde. Our rich Brown shades range across the spectrum of ash brown to sun-kissed caramel brown. Our deep Red shades range from dark red to auburn and copper to mahogany to burgundy. Each Superior Preference hair color is crafted to show infinite tones and reflects, so you can find your own Superior Preference signature.

How to Use

Instructions vary by shade. For complete instructions, please refer to package insert located inside hair color box.

Our formulas are modified from time to time, so this ingredient listing may not exactly reflect the ingredients in the product you purchase and use.
Always read the ingredient list on the product label before use.

anyone tried this
Does [product:loreal-paris-superior-preference-hair-color] work on dark hair or should I bleach my hair first?
Has anyone tried this new color 7OP? Dark Lilac Opal Blonde? I tried searching for pictures and have not seen any must be really new color. I would love to see how it turns out.
Start your review of L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color!
Product Highlights
“My "real"color is a light brunette so I need a hair color that is a little stronger to get it to the blonde that I(and hubby lol) like and I find This one does the trick without drying out and ruining my hair.” in reviews
“This leaves my hair soft and lightened a couple of shades lighter than my actual color.” in reviews
“I've used this so many times to lighten my dark brown/black hair instead of using bleach and its amazing.” in reviews
“The hair dye that I have been using for years to lighten my naturally dark, srawberry blondish hair.” in reviews
Killeen, TX
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Angelica L.
Purchased at: Target
Review for: 4C Cool Dark Brown
Colorists are not given the respect they deserve; hair coloring is a balance of art and science. My hair started turning gray in my early 20s; I've spent years going to a coloring and experimenting with different colors, including black, various shades of blonde, and everything in between. The last several years I've went with a natural dark brown for convenience and out of necessity (I have had some health issues). Occasionally I will do my hair at home, this has become more frequent do to quarantine mandates. My daughter picked up this brand and helped me apply the color. The smell was intense, I don't think I've ever been more sensitive to a strong chemical odor than I was with this. The application was easy, a bit drippy, but wiped of my skin without tremendous effort; I always protect surfaces in the home. Unfortunately this product did not cover the grays at the root. My hair also feels quite dry and my scalp is a bit irritated. My hair is long, so I always use two boxes. The color at the length is a decent dark brown, but lacks the luster and shine I expected. My hair is healthy looking (as healthy as hair can be considering it is dead). I don't use extensions. I rarely use heat (less than monthly). My hair feels dryer than when I was seeing a colorist for balayage and other more invasive color options. While affordable, I will not repurchase. I've had much more success with other options. #hair #dye #grayhair #darkbrown #realreview #idonotrecommend #homecoloring
MURFREESBORO, TN
Purchased at: Walgreens
Review for: 5G Medium Golden Brown
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color is the at-home boxed permanent hair color brand and types that I've used the last 2 times I've colored my own hair at home. L'oreal promises luminous, super shiny and fade-defying results and I can honestly say that I agree! The formula is so easy to mix and use. I really liked all the pictures and explainable directions that's included in the box. With fade-defying colorants, superior preference stays true to tone for up to eight weeks without fading or turning dull and brassy. Care supr me conditioner, enriched with vitamin E and UV filter, helps lock in first-day color vibrancy, brilliance, and shine. I am so happy,to have found this product and it's really sold at an affordable price point. My recommendation is to research what color and/or shade you will need prior to purchasing and always buy extra, you never know when u may need it.
Jax Bch, FL
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: Darkest Brown 3C
I used shade 3C cool darkest brown. The ammonia chemical smell was overpowering. Even with ventilation it hurt my eyes. Lots of fumes. The color deposited well and covered grays, however the undertone was a bit off. I specifically got this because it was an anti brass shade, yet my dark brown color looks golden in the light. I was hoping it would have a cool undertone. It especially looks golder on my roots (hot roots) than ends. I recommend adding to ends first then roots as heat from scalp can lift your color too much. My hair felt very dry immediately after use, but after a day or two is back in good condition. I may redye with another ammonia free brands soft black to neutralize the gold tones this one left behind.
Mansfield, TX
Review for: Ul63 Hi-Lift Gold Brown
Tried this and i love it because it doesnt damage my hair that much despite what all the ladies who do hair would say. Yes there are tons of chemicals in it unhealthy to hair but so are there at hair dye in professional places as well.. NO HAIR DYE IS GOOD.. so if you are looking for a healthy way to dye your hair maybe try staining it with something... but anyways this is 5 stars because my hair is vibrant after and still soft and not hard or frizzy or stringy looking. The vibrant color last a good month before actual fading even begins so i would buy this hair product again for sure!
L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color uploaded by Azalea S.
Review for: 3DB Deep Burgundy
Well I thought it was going to be like the one u buy at Sally’s their true reds but nothing like it made my hair more darker then I expected. It was dark purple nothing like it said in the box it took me like a week to wash off some of the dye off my hair which it was still bleeding color but know your able to see the burgundy in it never again am I buying this hair dye.... am sticking with the their other dye they sale at Sally’s ......
This product is really great at coloring my roots, but I do have to leave it on longer than recommended in the instructions (about 10 minutes longer). It was also great at covering Blonde when I transitioned back to Brunette. To see that difference, please check out my video on YouTube, "Blonde to Brunette: Dark Blonde Goes Dimensional Brunette" on Shawna Who. Again, to cover the blonde I had to leave it on my hair for about 10 minutes longer than recommended in the instructions. This Iced Golden Brown is a beautiful color! If you have a similar skin tone to mine (warm/neutral), I would highly recommend this color.
2,433 reviews
I am really enjoying this L'Oreal Paris Superior performance hair dye color was kind of what I expected it was my fault for not buying two boxes I just bought one box and it wasn't enough but that's my fault the color itself is really nice I chose a really good match for my hair I have dark brown hair and it just worked really nice it was easy to blend in my scalp it wasn't really too messy and the instructions were really nice and I got the job done so this is really incredible you should definitely try if you have not already
Arizona
Review for: 8½A Champagne Blonde
I like it! I go through phases where I color my hair at home or go to a salon, depending on my budget lol. When I’ve colored at home, I’ve used this product many times before. It covers nicely and I haven’t had problems with streaks or turning orange or black or any other nightmare I’ve read about lol! My hair doesn’t feel damaged after using it. Of course it’s one-dimension color but I’m not brave enough to try at-home highlights so there you have it. I would repurchase the next time I need to DIY my color.
Winter Spgs, FL
This is my favorite brand. This is what i was first introduced to and has worked best in my hair since then. Any other brand Is used as a temporary color because even with permanent color it washes out, but not this! Superior preference has been my go to for 20 years. The conditioner that comes with it is my favorite ever and wish i could buy it in a larger size i would be a life long customer of that as well.
Wallingford, CT
Review for: 4C Cool Dark Brown
I don’t usually use box dye because it’s not the best to put on your hair, however in between salon treatments I do use it. This brand is my preferred brand of box dye. It mixes well and covers my whole head easily. It also comes with instructions and only takes about a half hour to process. The only thing that’s hard for me is getting stains off of my skin! And extra pair of hands is always helpful!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Jersey City, NJ
il y a 3 mois
Does L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color work on dark hair or should I bleach my hair first?
Brittany B. • il y a 3 mois
I personally wouldn’t even use this product. I’ve had so many bad experiences with L’Oréal box hair coloring products. If you are stuck on trying this product though, I always recommend bleaching it first if your hair is pretty dark, then doing some deep hair conditioning treatments, then using the final product to get the look you’re wanting to achieve!