BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

L'Oréal Superior Preference Hair Color – our gold standard in luxurious permanent hair color since 1973. Superior Preference at-home hair coloring kit is special because it delivers super shiny luminous hair color. Preference gives you long lasting hair color that’s fade-defying for weeks and weeks. From root to tip whether you have blonde hair, brown hair, black hair or red hair color, your color won’t look dull or brassy. We pair our translucent gel hair dye formula with our exclusive Care Supreme Conditioner with Shine Serum that help keep color vibrancy and provides silky and shiny hair color. Preference is available in over 50 Luminous Shades. Our Luminous Blonde shades range across a wide spectrum from light blonde to dirty blonde, honey blonde to red blonde and strawberry blonde to champagne blonde. Our rich Brown shades range across the spectrum of ash brown to sun-kissed caramel brown. Our deep Red shades range from dark red to auburn and copper to mahogany to burgundy. Each Superior Preference hair color is crafted to show infinite tones and reflects, so you can find your own Superior Preference signature.

How to Use

Instructions vary by shade. For complete instructions, please refer to package insert located inside hair color box.

Our formulas are modified from time to time, so this ingredient listing may not exactly reflect the ingredients in the product you purchase and use.
Always read the ingredient list on the product label before use.

L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color
  • "My "real"color is a light brunette so I need a hair color that is a little stronger to get it to the blonde that I(and hubby lol) like and I find This one does the trick without drying out and ruining my hair." in 3 reviews
  • "The hair dye that I have been using for years to lighten my naturally dark, srawberry blondish hair." in 1 review
  • "This leaves my hair soft and lightened a couple of shades lighter than my actual color." in 1 review
  • "I've used this so many times to lighten my dark brown/black hair instead of using bleach and its amazing." in 1 review
Charlotte H.
Columbia
Review for: 8A ASH BLONDE more...
I did enjoy using this product! I wanted to go for a little something darker, so this was perfect! The items are easy to use and I dyed my hair in about an hour! Even when I mixed all the products in (don’t do that!!!), it still came out to a nice finish! The thing I would be wary about is that if you have bleached hair, it might not take the color the same way your roots will (before photo attached for reference).
Bethany H.
Homer, NY
Review for: 5Cb Medium Chestnut Brown more...
I used to color my hair often and this hair color was once of the cheapest out there. The reason I don’t give this dye 5 stars is because I have stubborn gray roots and this dye no matter how long I leave it on will not stick to the gray in my hair. If you don’t have gray hair this color probably works perfectly fine. If you do have gray hair this product probably isn’t for you
Kortney M.
Amherst, WI
Review for: RR07 Intense Red Copper more...
Completely in LOVE. I needed a change and decided to go for red. Being told that red needs a lot of upkeep, I am so impressed that it has had minimal fading over the last 1.5 months, all that I really have to touch up is the roots. It's inexpensive and absolutely flawless.
maria z.
Corona, NY
In exactly 8 weeks or even longer I do a retouch with this color. I understand that it's not curly girl friendly but this color last so long and with the right deep conditioner the color won't fade and it won't harm your hair as much if you take good care of your hair.
Angelica M.
I'd do 5 stars but I personally don't use it, I use it to dye my moms hair. She's self conscious of her great hairs and this really covers them up for her. She also has a very sensitive scalp so any other brand for her immediately burns or has strong Fumes that irrate her eyes and with this product its not a problem at all.
Hannah T.
Charleston, WV
Review for: 4R Dark Auburn more...
I used this to color my friend’s hair at home. It was very easy to use and left har hair super soft and shiny. We didn’t have to leave it in very long and there was plenty of dye in one box to cover her medium length hair.
Brittany K.
Durham, NC
Review for: 7LA Lightest Auburn more...
Eh. I wish I could say I love this dye but I don't. It initially turned my hair a pretty color but it literally washed out within two weeks with washing my hair every other day or two. I also found it to be super drying. I know all hair dye comes with some damage but this one just wasn't working for me.
Carmen B.
Rockville
Review for: 8 MEDIUM BLONDE more...
Lo uso desde hace 6 años , el mismo color 8 y no hay un día que este en el salón aplicandomelo y alguien diga que hermoso tono. Me encanta y no lo cambio , mi estilista en país me recomendó usarlo y no cambiarlo . Es lo máximo !!!!además incluye un acondicionador excelente que da para 6 shampoo.
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Review for: UL51 Sun-Kissed Caramels Hi-Lift Natural Brown more...
I never color my hair on my own I always go to a trained professionals as I just don't like to take chances with my hair. L'Oreal superior preference hair color is quiet good & my hair stylist trust this Brand & hair color range. The color brightness is excellent & it does not harm your hair that much. This is my trusted brand if hair color.
Chelsea S.
Cambridge
Review for: 9½A Lightest Ash Blonde more...
Tried this for the first time last week. Really happy with the results. Just looking to make my hair a little lighter for the winter and it worked well. I the future I would go even lighter but I wasn’t trying to make a huge change this first time
Amanda M.
Villa Rica, GA
I have been thinking about going with a lighter color on my blue and pink hair, do you think this would take with those colors?
Katie A.
I have super dark hair and I am looking for a change. Does anyone know if this will blend well as highlights?
Hannah Q.
Pahoa, HI
HAS ANY ONE TRIED THE L'OREAL SUPERIOR PREFERENCE SUN-KISSED CARAMELS, HI-LIFT ASH BROWN UL61 ON DYED BROWN HAIR? THE COLOR LOOKS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL ASH COLOR BUT ITS CONSIDERED A CARAMEL SHADE AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT CAN BE BOTH. IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE OR HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE RESULTS.
Diane H.
West Monroe, La
What is the difference color ranges it is available in?
Mollie K.
Pleasantville, NY
I have very frizzy, wavy hair that is a very dull brownish color and I'm not sure if dying my hair would work because of my texture - any suggestions on if this brand would have the color really stick in my hair or if it would just rinse out right away because of my texture?