BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #27 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

L'Oreal Quick Blue High Performance Powder Lightener is features quick, controlled lightening action in a dust-free concentrated formula.

• I hav brown hair but i usually dye it pink, im looking for the be...2 Answers
  • I thought developer is what made a bleach powder lighten faster? ...4 Answers
  • Can I dye my hair immediately after using this? 4 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Stephanie B.
I have used this product many times in the past - when I was a teenager I would change my hair color frequently and always needed a new "canvas" for a new color. I think this product certainly does what it advertises (for the most part). It makes your hair much lighter (almost a white) and it does somewhat even out tones.

The problem is once you use this product, it's almost impossible to add color back to your hair. Any darker color will wash out after three washes / become brassy really quickly.

Not to mention , this will damage your hair no question. After using this a few times my hair was damaged beyond repair and I had to have most of it cut off.

Overall, if you are thinking of making a big change to your hair, it's probably best to consult a professional. If you insist on doing it yourself and you really just want very light / bleached hair this will do the job but you will be killing your hair long term. That's not necessarily the products fault, that's just what it's meant to do.

The photo is from after Quick Blue many years ago.
Karla V.
With all honesty this is my to go to hair bleach. The consistency is creamy and does not leave your hair feeling extremely harsh. I always order one of these when dying my hair. It strips my hair of the previous color and bleached my roots VERY well! My hair is jet black so the final results are so good. The bleach powder lasts a very long time and when buying the one pound bucket you will have enough to bleach long thick hair multiple times. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone looking for some great hair bleach!
Lauren F.
Let me preface this by saying my hair has never been bleached, it's a level 2-3 naturally, and it is in extremely good condition as I rarely use heat, nor dyes. With that being said, I decided to get nuts yesterday and picked up some bleach and developer to work my way into a purple ombre hair do. It was my first time trying this. I prepared myself mentally to have to go full on pixie cut. Then I mixed up this powder with some salon care 30 volume developer, in two strengths (diluted the second with water),showed my husband what I learned on YouTube and he went to town. It lifted about 5 levels after an hour. I was expecting more damage to my hair but I have noticed no real change in the condition of it. I do want to lift it a bit more since the goal is a bright purple but I'm satisfied overall with the first go. I would recommend to any other brave souls out there bleaching for the first time.
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
Love love love this bleach. I use this for my at home dying of my hair, and it works so good. I purchased mine from Sally’s and it is very affordable. They also sell packet sizes for root touch ups, or one time uses. It is gentle in my hair, I have had no issue with break off, or brittleness. It gets the job done! Safely and effectively. L'Oréal Paris Quick Blue Powder Lightener
Alex V.
I used this bleach and it sure did bleach all it could. I hadn't been expecting it to give me almost white hair. The color of my hair really was helped out by the counteractive colors in it I noticed that it turned a more pale yellow instead of the normal hard to tone yellow. I recommend this product but be careful because it'll be really easy to damage your hair further with it. I noticed that it made my hair weaker than with my usual bleach.
Amanda E.
Morganton, NC
This product did not even lighten my roots (natural, virgin hair). I followed all instructions on the packaging, as well as suggestions from the employees at the supply store. My hair is just as it was 50 minutes prior to applying it, except for the one "sticky feeling" spot on the back of my head. Good thing this was discontinued.
Kendra H.
This is a before and a little after as you can see I have a little regrowth- I use this bleach every time on my roots when they regrow with 30 vol developer and it definitely does it’s job. I leave it on for the longest time recommended and it doesn’t seem to do too much damage. I follow up with a hair mask after because I also tone it after too because of the yellow brassiness. I think this is a good bleach.
Lauren M.
It took my thicker brown hair to partially platinum blonde with 30 vol. developer in only 40 minutes with only one of the packets they have as a smaller "sample" of this. Of course I was supposed to use 2 packets, so I had to use a packet of Splat! bleach, which didn't work as well, and that only boosted my results by about another 30%. My hair would have been as light as I needed it (no yellow, all platinum blonde) had I used the proper amount of bleach, but that's my fault. This stuff works extremely well, do NOT use more than a 30 vol developer on your roots with this no matter how dark your hair is! This stuff works almost too well. This is definitely my #GiftCrush
Lea S.
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY
I've been using powder bleach to lighten my hair for years now. I received this to try for free in exchange for a review, so I gave it a shot. I have naturally dark blonde hair, and this lifted the color very well. The result for me is always hot orange roots, so getting that result from this is not shocking. The only thing I didn't like was that it stayed very thick and chalky when mixing it with the developer which made it a little difficult to mix through my hair. This resulted in some missed spots.
Megan M.
This powder bleach is great for home use! You get a huge tub that lasts a super long time even with really long hair! It’s easy to use, doesn’t smell terrible, and can be combined with different developers for amazing bleach results! It’s strong powered but not super harsh so your hair won’t fall out if you use it right.
Ayame S.
BROOKLYN, NY
What are some places in which can you find this product in?
Tara B.
I thought developer is what made a bleach powder lighten faster? Anyone know a good article or YouTube video on hair lightening 101?Lol. I normally use a box kit and love it but know for cost effectiveness a larger developer and tub of bleach powder is the best bang for your buck. I used to do my highlights this way vs a box but it's been years and I don't remember any of it! Also when y'all say use a toner do you mean mix a Wella type toner in with the powder and developer at the same time? Sorry for so many questions just wanting to go back to having warmer (think carmel type) blonde but it's been so long I am trying to do all my research. I used my regular kit tonight and while I like the out come it's a bit too warm of a blonde. I wanted it a bit cooler. Anyways not sure if rebleaching after while and using this instead would help. Thank God Sallys is like 2 miles away lol. TIA for reading this and helping!
Danielle W.
Hillsboro, OR
Can I dye my hair immediately after using this?
Mappy S.
Burguillos, Sevilla
I hav brown hair but i usually dye it pink, im looking for the best bleach around since im tired of trying bleachers that damage my hair. Do you think this is the best choice?
Katelyn L.
La vista, NE
Is this really as good as everyone says?? I