BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #21 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

L'Oreal Quick Blue High Performance Powder Lightener is features quick, controlled lightening action in a dust-free concentrated formula.

• I hav brown hair but i usually dye it pink, im looking fo...2 Answers
  • I thought developer is what made a bleach powder lighten ...4 Answers
  • Can I dye my hair immediately after using this? 4 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Tonya L.
Warren
I absolutely love this bleach mixing this with the Clairol pure white 40 volume developer did a great job at getting my hair to the blond that I wanted it I'm very picky about my hair color I kept wanting to be blonder and blonder so I continuously wasted money on Boxed hair dyes to try to get to the color that I wanted it and then I found this bleach and it automatically did what I was looking for on top of that the smell is not too strong like boxed hair dyes
Lauren F.
Let me preface this by saying my hair has never been bleached, it's a level 2-3 naturally, and it is in extremely good condition as I rarely use heat, nor dyes. With that being said, I decided to get nuts yesterday and picked up some bleach and developer to work my way into a purple ombre hair do. It was my first time trying this. I prepared myself mentally to have to go full on pixie cut. Then I mixed up this powder with some salon care 30 volume developer, in two strengths (diluted the second with water),showed my husband what I learned on YouTube and he went to town. It lifted about 5 levels after an hour. I was expecting more damage to my hair but I have noticed no real change in the condition of it. I do want to lift it a bit more since the goal is a bright purple but I'm satisfied overall with the first go. I would recommend to any other brave souls out there bleaching for the first time.
Stephanie B.
I have used this product many times in the past - when I was a teenager I would change my hair color frequently and always needed a new "canvas" for a new color. I think this product certainly does what it advertises (for the most part). It makes your hair much lighter (almost a white) and it does somewhat even out tones.

The problem is once you use this product, it's almost impossible to add color back to your hair. Any darker color will wash out after three washes / become brassy really quickly.

Not to mention , this will damage your hair no question. After using this a few times my hair was damaged beyond repair and I had to have most of it cut off.

Overall, if you are thinking of making a big change to your hair, it's probably best to consult a professional. If you insist on doing it yourself and you really just want very light / bleached hair this will do the job but you will be killing your hair long term. That's not necessarily the products fault, that's just what it's meant to do.

The photo is from after Quick Blue many years ago.
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
Love love love this bleach. I use this for my at home dying of my hair, and it works so good. I purchased mine from Sally’s and it is very affordable. They also sell packet sizes for root touch ups, or one time uses. It is gentle in my hair, I have had no issue with break off, or brittleness. It gets the job done! Safely and effectively. L'Oréal Paris Quick Blue Powder Lightener
Alex V.
Ontario
I used this bleach and it sure did bleach all it could. I hadn't been expecting it to give me almost white hair. The color of my hair really was helped out by the counteractive colors in it I noticed that it turned a more pale yellow instead of the normal hard to tone yellow. I recommend this product but be careful because it'll be really easy to damage your hair further with it. I noticed that it made my hair weaker than with my usual bleach.
Lauren M.
It took my thicker brown hair to partially platinum blonde with 30 vol. developer in only 40 minutes with only one of the packets they have as a smaller "sample" of this. Of course I was supposed to use 2 packets, so I had to use a packet of Splat! bleach, which didn't work as well, and that only boosted my results by about another 30%. My hair would have been as light as I needed it (no yellow, all platinum blonde) had I used the proper amount of bleach, but that's my fault. This stuff works extremely well, do NOT use more than a 30 vol developer on your roots with this no matter how dark your hair is! This stuff works almost too well. This is definitely my #GiftCrush
Lea S.
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY
I've been using powder bleach to lighten my hair for years now. I received this to try for free in exchange for a review, so I gave it a shot. I have naturally dark blonde hair, and this lifted the color very well. The result for me is always hot orange roots, so getting that result from this is not shocking. The only thing I didn't like was that it stayed very thick and chalky when mixing it with the developer which made it a little difficult to mix through my hair. This resulted in some missed spots.
Megan M.
This powder bleach is great for home use! You get a huge tub that lasts a super long time even with really long hair! It’s easy to use, doesn’t smell terrible, and can be combined with different developers for amazing bleach results! It’s strong powered but not super harsh so your hair won’t fall out if you use it right.
Lea S.
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY
I've been using powder bleach to lighten my hair for years now. I have naturally dark blonde hair, and this lifted the color very well. The result for me is always hot orange roots, so getting that result from this is not shocking. The only thing I didn't like was that it stayed very thick and chalky when mixing it with the developer which made it a little difficult to mix through my hair. This resulted in some missed spots.
Katie C.
Baldwin, MD
I could not BELIEVE how amazing this hair bleach powder worked for my hair! I’m naturally medium-dark brunette and this bleach, mixed with 20 volume developer lightened it all the way to a light yellow blonde!!!! LOVE!
Ayame S.
Brooklyn, NY
What are some places in which can you find this product in?
Tara B.
I thought developer is what made a bleach powder lighten faster? Anyone know a good article or YouTube video on hair lightening 101?Lol. I normally use a box kit and love it but know for cost effectiveness a larger developer and tub of bleach powder is the best bang for your buck. I used to do my highlights this way vs a box but it's been years and I don't remember any of it! Also when y'all say use a toner do you mean mix a Wella type toner in with the powder and developer at the same time? Sorry for so many questions just wanting to go back to having warmer (think carmel type) blonde but it's been so long I am trying to do all my research. I used my regular kit tonight and while I like the out come it's a bit too warm of a blonde. I wanted it a bit cooler. Anyways not sure if rebleaching after while and using this instead would help. Thank God Sallys is like 2 miles away lol. TIA for reading this and helping!
Danielle W.
Hillsboro, OR
Can I dye my hair immediately after using this?
Mappy S.
Burguillos, Sevilla
I hav brown hair but i usually dye it pink, im looking for the best bleach around since im tired of trying bleachers that damage my hair. Do you think this is the best choice?
gabriella c.
Homestead, Florida
I'm interested in using this to dye my hair. I want to dye my hair a Hayley Williams orange. Would this bleach give me the intense and vivid shade that I'm looking for?