BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #74 in Facial Cleansers

Daily Cleanser with 3 Pure Clays and Eucalyptus. Purifies & Mattifies Oily, Shiny Skin. Refreshes and Cleanses Skin.

L'Oréal Paris created our first range of clay-to-mousse daily cleansers that leave skin looking perfectly clear. Each cleanser is powered by 3 pure clays and enhanced with a nature-sourced ingredient. Indulgently formulated to seamlessly transform from clay-to-mousse, Pure-Clay Cleansers remove everyday impurities such as dirt, oil and pollution without overdrying. Pure-Clay Cleanser Purify-Mattify with Eucalyptus goes beyond daily cleansing to deep clean and remove excess oil for skin that feels refreshed. Immediately after using this Eucalyptus facial cleanser, skin feels purer with a matte finish. Use after use, this cleanser for oily skin improves skin’s overall quality. It leaves skin with a clean, clear look.

• Aqua/Water

• Who enjoyed their L’Oréal Skin Care VoxBox?L'Oréal Paris Pure-Cla...1 Answers
  • how well does this do at mattifying? I love the red clay cleanser...3 Answers
  • Is this good for combination/normal skin?2 Answers
L'Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Purify & Mattify Cleanser
  • "I absolutely loved this cleanser, I have extremely oily skin that is also extremely sensitive as well and this cleanser was so gentle and smelled absolutely amazing. My skin typically breaks out easily so I have to be careful what I use on it but this cleanser along with the Pure Clay Mask didn't break me out! I definitely recommend this product to all my oily skin babes out there since it is lives up to what it is meant to do. It left my skin so soft and closed up my pores around my nose. I received this product to complimentary to test by Influencer and I'm so happy that I was able to review this product!

" in 37 reviews
Mandy C.
Murphysboro, IL
Prior to this, I never regularly used a face mask as a skin care routine. I bought this mask on a whim.

I have already noticed my skin is smoother and its complexion has improved. I never have had breakouts or acne, but I noticed my undereye area was starting to look crepey and my skin was looking dried out. I feel like this mask combined with a moisturizer right after works wonders!

I would not leave it on longer than 15min as it dries out and it gets hard to get off. I would also rinse with water than wipe the remaining off with a washcloth. It does go on smoothly.

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Shawna A.
Bradenton , FL
This product was honestly a no-go for me the second I put it on my skin. It was just too heavy with fragrance! Like strong, perfumey fragrance and I seriously don’t see or understand the need for such heavily scented products in skincare. However, it does feel nice going on the skin and leaves it feeling fresh and clean, and I didn’t notice any super tight or dry feeling afterwards, but I just have other cleansers that remove makeup and whatnot better that don’t smell like my grandmothers perfume squirted on my face!
So I let my husband play around with this bc his skin is a “tank” as I like to call it, and he also immediately complained about the heavy scent when he first used it, which is something he isn’t typically sensitive to so I️ was surprised that it instantly bothered him enough to mention it without any prompting from me. Despite this, I have been noticing him still reaching for it and he claims that he likes the way it makes his skin feel, but again, wishes it had a different scent or no scent at all. He has oily/combo-dryness prone skin so he likes that this leaves his skin matte and clean without stripping it completely. Also, he doesn’t wear makeup so I think this is good for men or women who don’t need a cleanser that is good with removing long-wear cosmetics.
So yeah, that’s my verdict with this one. It’s a pretty good clay-based cleanser that leaves the skin fresh and matte (yet not overly tight and dry), but has some pretty concentrated icky fragrance so if you’re sensitive or take issue with that then maybe stay away, but if not... this might be worth a try for oily/combo skin types.
Alora Y.
Malibu, CA
This is a pretty standard facial cleanser. It feels very nice when you put it on your skin. It has a very smooth, rich texture that foams up nicely whenever you rub it in with water. The smell is fresh and strong. I liked it, but it was nothing to write home about. The big claims that it makes are that it purifies and mattifies, and I was excited because with my combination skin I have an oily forehead that is the BANE of my existence. I used this product every night for about 2 weeks and did not experience any notable changes in my skin. I started getting a breakout right before I started using this product, and I did not notice the acne subsiding any quicker than normal. It may have even persisted (my acne typically diminishes within 1-2 days with my normal routine). I did not notice any reduction in the size of my pores and the oil on my forehead continued to come through just like normal. So although the cleanser does do a fine job cleansing your skin it does not seem to really dig deep and purify your pores or offer any oil control. So, the product was just so-so for me, but it is still a fine cleanser especially for the low price. I am happy that I was able to try out this product after receiving it #complimentary from #Influenster for the #pureclaymyway campaign.
Payge F.
Lansing , MI
L'Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Purify & Mattify Cleanser
This claims to be an everyday mask clay-to-mousse that gives you a matte finish. So that I could give my full opinion on the product I used this mask over this past week. I love the mousse texture of this mask and I do think a little goes a very, very long way. You get 4.4 fl.oz (130 ml) in the tube which is quite a bit of product. If you are someone that doesn't like super smelly products this may not be for you. This has a very "L'Oréal" smell, and if you have used a lot of their face lotions and masks then you know what I'm talking about. If you have super oily skin this will help improve that shiny look and give your face a more matte finish. I do notice that it makes my face feel a little tacky which is not my favorite feeling in the world, but I usually apply a face lotion on afterwards which helps. Overall I think this product is just okay, but not something I would of bought for myself for everyday use.

Thank you L'Oréal and influenster for sending me this product to review for you guys.
Amber R.
Chillicothe, OH
This product surprised me, in a good way. the product is easy to apply, easy to use, and easy to remove all with a pleasant scent. My skin was noticeably softer and smoother after the first use. My skin felt clean with no greasy residue or film of any kind left on my skin after the product was removed. It's quite soothing to the skin as well AND DID NOT seem to dry out my skin at all. I enjoy using this product and I like what this product does for my skin. I will be repurchasing this product. Also, the price point is great, especially considering the skin benefits of the products in this line.
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
I bought the face mask since I have such oily skin and I thought that it would help me out and I loved it, so I decided to give this a try for days that I don't have time to apply the face mask. I wasn't much of a fan of the smell but I felt the same way about the mask so I was already used to it. With this cleanser a little goes a long way, I usually use it in the shower after I use a face scrub. It does leave my skin smooth and soft and I've noticed that my T-zone doesn't get as oily as it used to so that is a big plus for me! Not sure if I would buy it again, unless I find something that works a bit better.
Jessica S.
Helena, AL
The L'oreal pure clay mask and the L'oreal pure clay cleanser are the absolute best afforable mask and cleanser that I've tried. Using them together is the dream team 😍 I was really surprised how much I LOVE these products. You could use them individually too . My skin has never been more glowing or healthy in just 2 uses of each product. The I LOVE the mask. The mask exfoliates, smells so fresh and clarfies the skin from dirt ,oil and the pollution of the day . The cleanser mattifies and digs everything out of the pores. My pores looked smaller after the cleanser . Usuing the cleanser and the mask together, will fight oil and even out the complexion . The cleanser is so gentle and soft while it purifies. The mask exfoliates and clarifies. They refresh and relaxed me so much. I recieved this from @influenster for free to test the products.😍 #complimentary #pureclaymyway @Influenster @LorealParisSkin @L'OrealSkin @LOrealskin @LOrealParis #voxbox
Laura K.
Cincinnati, OH
This cleanser works really well and makes my face feel super smooth and ready for moisturizer and makep.  I received a complimentary sample from Influenster and L'oreal and have been using the cleanser daily for 3 days and my skin tone appears to be improved. YAY!!

I was not able to "mousse" the product in my hands as instructed but I can achieve the "mousse" when applied to my face with sufficient water.  No biggie for me.  However the scent of the product is very strong and stays on my face well after I wash the cleanser off.  If there were an unscented or lightly scented version, I would be a happy lady.

Please note: I received this item as a #complimentary sample from #Influenster as part of the #voxbox program and the #pureclaymyway campaign, however all opinions are mine.  It is great to test out new things.
Ashley H.
Upland, CA
I was very excited to try this cleanser after hearing the reviews on how it leaves your skin feeling fresh and looking matte- which it does!
I really love how it comes out of the tube as a paste, but once it touches water it turns to a mousse. Feels great when applying to skin, refreshing.
It does have a strong smell, which i assume is Eucalyptus. Not mt favorite scent, but i didn't notice it after a couple of minutes.
I washed my face with this using a little scrubby pad. Rinsed it off, dried off, and wow my skin felt like I had just took a whole layer off! Felt cooling and renewed.
It did leave me with a matte texture, which was surprising but I love it and made for easier makeup application. I followed up this cleanser with the pure clay mask. A perfect combo for radiant skin!
Affordable, great products. I will be buying after I run out.
I received this product via #influenster complimentary to me! #pureclaymyway
Anna M.
I use this cleanser occassionally in my routine. I like to switch up the masks and cleansers I use so my skin doesn't get used to one in particular. At the end of the day I do believe it cleanses my skin but it is not my favorite cleanser. It has a smell and requires water to get the correct consistency, which is somewhat hard to do. I assume it is when there are bubbles formed. It doesn't leave my skin feeling super clean but only slightly cleaner after use. There is also a fragrance to the cleanser which I am not a fan of in general.
Cecilia G.
San Francisco, CA
how well does this do at mattifying? I love the red clay cleanser so i’m a l’oréal fan for sure but i’ve found that products that claim to mattify skin don’t usually do the job
Millie A.
Milton, Derby
Is this good for combination/normal skin?