BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #18 in Face Masks

With 3 Pure Clays and Yuzu Lemon. Draw out build-up of impurities, dirt, pollution. Shed rough, dead skin cells.

L’Oréal Paris Skin Experts created a range of clay-mud masks to beautify your skin in minutes. Each mask is powered by 3 different clays in their pure form. Formulated in indulgent creamy textures that turn your mask into a multi-sensorial experience with every use. Daily wear and tear - makeup and improper care - can leave skin uneven with roughness and imperfections. Often times a cleanser isn’t enough to solve this problem. Pure Clay Face Mask Clarify & Smooth addresses your skin concerns for smooth, even and resurfaced skin. Pure Clay Face Mask Yuzu Lemon Mask is formulated with 3 Pure Clays: Kaolin Clay, Montmorillonite Clay and Moroccan Lava Clay and enhanced with Yuzu Lemon extract to clarify & smooth skin.
Suitable for All Skin Types.

• Aqua/Water

• What's the texture?  Does it actually contain exfoliating particles?5 Answers
Buy on L'Oréal...
Shawna A.
Bradenton, FL
I’m actually surprised by how much I like this Mask. I honestly haven’t used much Loreal skincare in the past, so I didn’t know what to expect when I received this in my Vox Box. I’ve never seen a yellow clay mask before and needless to say, I was excited bc yellow happens to be my favorite color! It smooths on the skin really easily and has a nice, thick/creamy texture. This mask also contains little micro beads for exfoliation when you rinse, which I love. I’ve tried this mask about 7 times so far and I really like it! I usually let it dry for about 10-20 minutes (one time I accidentally left it longer bc I was stuck on a phone call and it was totally fine) and then as I rinse I give my face a good scrub as well, using the microbeads to buff out any texture or dry patches on my skin. My face always feels really soft and glowing after I use this! I have oily/combo/dehydrated and sometimes sensitive skin and I haven’t ever had a reaction or anything from using this mask. I also like that even though it contains clays to draw out impurities, it doesn’t leave my skin dried out either which is really nice. All in all, I really like this a lot!
The only negative for me is the smell. It’s sooo perfumey!! I just don’t understand the need for such heavy, strong fragrance in skincare. Unfortunately, this has even started triggering a headache once or twice! Also, strong fragrance in skin care is said to break down your skin’s barrier and cause pro-aging over time which is definitely NOT a good thing either.
So yeah, I really enjoy the texture, exfoliating action and brightness/clarity this gives my skin, but the heavy fragrance is definitely a negative for me. It’s just unnecessary, unpleasant and provides zero benefit to the skin whatsoever. I would reccomend this to people who want a good, inexpensive multitasking mask to unclog pores and smooth the skin and don’t mind/aren’t sensitive to heavy fragrance in their skincare.
Catherine R.
I wanted to love this mask.  I got it in a Vox Box and I was SUPER excited about it.  I have oily skin which leads to congestion so I was looking forward to giving this exfoliating mask a go.  The mask itself is okay.  It does a pretty good job of getting off surface dead skin and oil.  It wasn't the best mask I've used for that but it was serviceable.  The major problem was the scent.  The mask has yuzu lemon in it so I expected a bright citrus scent.  When I got was a HEAVY perfume smell that gave me an awful headache.  The smell didn't go away after I washed the mask off either.  It was so bad it actually caused a migraine.  I was so disappointed.  Masks can be very expensive so I was excited to see a lower priced option.  Unfortunately this one just didn't work out for me at all.
Abi D.
Haworth, NJ
When it comes to masks I tend to be really doubtful. This mask surpassed all my expectations.The mask smells really great, its lemon scented but it's not an overpowering sent at all. The smell is light and refreshing! The mask says to leave on for 10-15 minutes which isn't that long at all, which I really like. It's easy to find time for a quick mask after washing. Unlike other masks it doesn't dry incredibly stiff to the point where it gets difficult to speak.I applied my mask first with my fingers which was a little messy but after I applied with a silicone mask brush and had the best results. With the brush I felt like I was getting a more even application and wasting less product.Washing off is a little messy. Every time I wash off the mask I end up with the exfoliating beads all over my sink, they're easy to wash away though. After a really thorough rinsing, which is a little time consuming, my face is INCREDIBLY soft. I always follow up with a moisturizer since the mask is a little tightening.The main issue for me is that the directions recommend using the mask three times a week. I had a hard time doing all three treatments in a week, but still got it done. Even when I only got two treatments in my skin still felt nice.I think the price is reasonable, using twice a week will also stretch the product out further. I got my product complimentary to test from #influenster #complimentary
Alexys S.
Logan, UT
I'm not a huge mask person (too lazy for the extra step), but I love this one! Something about smearing blue gunk on your face is really satisfying! The texture of this mask is really silky. L'Oréal recommends using this 2 times a week, but I've used it 3 times this week. I didn't find that to be too much. Unlike masks I've used in the past, my skin feels really hydrated after using this product. No tightness at all. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative, but it's worth noting. I'm also not sure if the other versions are as gentle as the seaweed kind. Each time I use this mask, I notice that my face is a little less puffy and red. I'm not sure if this product has turned me into a full time mask user, but I plan on using it for the time being. I received this product free for testing.

As of late, I've had some pretty gnarly pregnancy acne. I've been using this cleanser for about a week now, and I've absolutely noticed a difference in my skin. Even though it's not perfect, my skin looks so much clearer than it has in months. I also really enjoy the texture of the cleanser. It starts out really thick and turns into a mousse with a tiny bit of water. There is no burning sensation like there sometimes is with other cleansers. Unfortunately, the cleanser leaves my skin luminous, which is not something my oily skin needs. I think the charcoal version would better suit someone with dry or combination skin. Despite the luminous finish, this product has cleared up my skin and I've enjoyed using it. Next time I'm buying the Eucalyptus kind for the matte finish! I received this product free for testing.
Payge F.
Lansing, MI
I received this for free from influencer's voxbox program. I love using masks, so I was very excited to try this product when I was told it was being sent to me. I received the Clarify and smooth version which has a wonderful and refreshing lemon scent. I was a little worried that the yellow would stain my face, but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. I used the product for the full 15 minutes and when my time was up it didn't feel too tight or uncomfortable when I went to scrub it off. After I dried off my face my skin felt so smooth and soft. The mask was not hard to remove and didn't leave my face red or blotchy like some other masks tend to for me.The container is very heavy and luxurious feeling. you get 1.7 oz which is a pretty good amount of product and a little goes a long way so you should be able to get quite a lot of uses out of it's not an everyday use mask.
McKenzie O.
Pace, FL
I received the yuzu lemon mask from influenster via voxbox and was SO EXCITED. I have a thing with masks. By thing I mean obsession. I'm always trying out new masks and creating my own at home. So I was tickled pink to get one in the mail. The very first time I used the mask, I knew I had stumbled upon something special. First, the scent is lovely. Lemon is so reassuring and clean. I love that it had exfoliating properties as well. It never made my skin feel dried out or sensitive. After using the mask twice a week for nearly two months, my skin had become less red, clear to the point of zero breakouts and my acne scarring has faded significantly. For the price, it's definitely worth it. I can't wait to try out the different types!
Veronica B.
I absolutely love this mask. The thickness and texture make it easy to apply and spread evenly over my face. Once it dries it provides a good scrub to get rid of the dead skin and refresh my face.

I've noticed that some of my old scars are fading a bit quicker with this product, likely due to the exfoliation and the fact that I use it more often than other masks because I love the smell! The lemon is pleasant without overpowering me.

I think the quality is more than I expected for the price as well! I've gotten at least 3-4 uses out of the jar so far and I still have more left. I don't think you can beat it for 12.99.
Meghan G.
Double Spgs, AL
So I recieced this product in a #voxbox from #influenster for my honest opinion and I just want to say that I was not disappointed. I absolutely LOVE this mask. First I used the cleanser and then applied the mask. When I opened the mask by thought was "mustard"... It looked like gritty mustard. 😂 I smelled it, it smells amazing! I used my hand to apply the mask and at first, it burned. I was genuinely afraid I was having a reaction to it. But that eased up after about 3-4 minutes. I left it on for the recommended 15 minutes and followed the directions to wash it off. It took a few minutes and I did have to use a scrubby pad and a wash cloth to get it all off. I was surprised because I have some dark spots from acne on my right cheek and I feel like the darkness had lightened up quite a bit. I'm not sure if that was suppose to happen but it did. 😁 Overall, I give the mask 5 stars and I will definitely be working this into my regular beauty routine. ❤❤❤
Jennie C.
L'Oreal's Pure-Clay Clarify & Smooth Mask is an amazing mask that should be in your medicine cabinet! There are different versions of the masks and cleansers, so you're bound to find one to fit your skin type. The product is a is a combination of 3 types of clays plus lemon. It deep cleanses pores so dirt, oil, & pollution are removed along with dead skin cells, so skin texture is smoother and skin tone is brighter. This mask has worked wonders to improve my 40-year old skin. My face feels so clean, soft, and smooth! I can say with confidence that it has helped to decongest and shrink my pores as well as smooth the texture of my skin enough that I see a noticeable improvement my skin tone and clarity. I have added it to my permanent skincare regimen and love that I do not have to pay an exorbitant price to get department store results. #complimentary #loreal #lorealparis #lorealskin #influenster #voxbox #antiaging #skincare #over40 #pureclaymyway @Influenster @LorealSkin *i received this product free for testing purposes. This review is wholly my own honest opinion and is in no way influenced by this gift.*
Eileen M.
This is definetly a face mask to add to your routine when it comes to exfoliating. If you tend to wear makeup everyday this would definitely finish removing any dead skin, dirt, and impurities. The first time I tried it I felt a tingle slight heat sensation in my skin ( just the first few minutes) I left it on for about 10-15 minutes after cleansing my face and drying it. A little goes a long way. It has a nice citrus lemon scent nothing to overwhelming. After leaving it in you wet your hands and start to exfoliate and it feels great you feel like your skin is being exfoliated instantly. Make sure you rinse of with plenty of water. Afterward somehow your skin feels hydrated very smooth and soft. I was like OMG cause usually after I exfoliate I apply moisturizer because the skin to feel dry but not with this guy! I fell in love with this face mask it does the job and its drugstore like "what's not to love" This was sent to me by Influenster in a VoxBox and I am so happy they did because I am in love and I would definetly buy this product and recommend it
carla l.
Salem, OR
What's the texture?  Does it actually contain exfoliating particles?
Brianna T.
Laveen , AZ
I really want to try this! Did it help prevent breakouts?
Michele B.
Ft Riley, KS
Is this product good for dry skin?
Gem L.
Bronx, NY
Has anyone try the LorealSkin Pure Clay Yuzu Lemon Mask + Eucalyptus Cleanser?? Am in search for some new face routine that actually works so any input will help, thanks L'Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Clarify & Smooth Face Mask
Lucie C.
Portland, OR
I've seen this product everywhere and really want to try it. Unfortunately Loreal and Olay products always seem to sting and irritate my skin. Is this product gentler, or should I steer clear?