BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #74 in Hair Color

3 Seconds to Flawless Roots. Temporary Root Touch Up Spray. Quickly covers gray roots.

Our Magic Root Cover Up conceals grays in seconds for flawless roots. Get seamless coverage with our lightweight formula that leaves no smudging or sticky residue when dry, and that’s ammonia and peroxide free. Perfect for in between color or salon visits. Lasts until your next shampoo.

Our formulas are modified from time to time, so this ingredient listing may not exactly reflect the ingredients in the product you purchase and use. Always read the ingredient list on the product label before use.

• Hydrofluorocarbon152A

• So many times I eye ball this and pass it up cause of the $11 pri...1 Answers
Amber T.
Greenfield, IN
Review for: Dark Brown
Not a horrible product just kinda hard to figure out how fast the color is going to spray out. Seems like it’s hard to push down on and when you do it kinda goes everywhere. It’s easy if your doing the top of your head but most people need it around their face and it can be very tricky. No matter how careful I am it seems like I’m wiping this stuff off my face more than anywhere. I kinda get panicky if it rains and I’m wearing it. Not sure what happens because I’ve tried to stay out of it. Lol not sure if I’ll buy it again.
Brittany E.
Review for: Red
Love this product! I used this to color my blonde hair red for Halloween and it worked perfectly! It didn't stain my hair and it also covered really well! I know it's for root touch up but you really can use it as a universal option as well if you wanted a slight change for a day! It washed right out with shampoo (: I was super impressed. Also I love the fact that it doesn't smell! All the costume hair color in a can always smells horrible and gets sticky!! This product was perfect. L'Oréal Paris Magic Root Cover Up
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Review for: Black
Loreal this stuff is a lifesaver!!!! Due to some medical conditions that I've come down with in the last year, I try to avoid coloring my hair more then 4 times a year. I have had gray hair since my early 20s (a family curse) ofcorse it started out mild and not noticable but when I hit mid 30s I now have more gray roots then colored roots😣😲 i work in a profession where gray hair and roots cannot be visible. I was to the point that I was coloring once a month!!! I go from deep burgandy,to deep violet,to indigo,and black!! My roots show more and more that my natural hair color is a thing of the past!!! Thanks to this product i am able to keep dying my hair to a minimum with complete 100$ gray coverage. It gives me the confidence I need without all the harshness of dying my hair so often!!! This is a complete game changer in the beauty world😍😍😍
Dia D.
Hueytown, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I first heard that some different brands were coming out with products that you could just spray on your roots in between having it colored, I was super excited about it. The only thing was that I couldn't find a brand that carried one for my hair color. I have bright red hair and most brands only carried black, brown, blonde and if they did carry a red, it was more of a natural hair color shade of red. Then I saw a commercial on tv for the L'Oreal Root Cover Up and I noticed that they made a bright red color, so of course I was super stoked and I immediately ran out and bought it. I was not disappointed either. It is the perfect shade for my hair and I use all the time when I'm in between dye jobs. So if you are in the same boat as me, then I highly recommend that you try this product.
Shannon K.
Star City, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
So, here's the thing. I have three teenage boys....THREE! So, of course, I'm startin' to get that old lady sparkle in my roots. I dye my hair black, y'all! You know what that does? It makes that hair tinsel super noticeable! So, I tried L'oreal root coverup. I needed help for real! At first, I notice that the color is perfect! The gray is history! Me 40 years old?! No way!!!! Then, I decided maybe I should also actually COMB my hair too. And that is where I found a problem! I swear my hair felt like melting cotton candy. I was so disappointed! So, yeah...if you're not wearing this for a really long time, it's great. Just...whatever you do, don't touch your head!!! And pray to the little baby Jesus to keep the rain away!
Teresa I.
Los Angeles, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was a bit skeptical to use this product but having moved recently to East LA, it's been a bit difficult to get to my sisters house in Baldwin Park for her to redo my roots. I needed then done since I was going to my friends daughters sweet 16 and the theme was Great Gatsby. So I bought this product and crossed my fingers that it worked. Thank you L'Oreal for saving my life. I may just never get a retouch again! Quick fix, fast and easy.
Audrey K.
Indianapolis, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a busy working mom who seems to frequently find herself between trips to the salon, I love this product for root coverup. It blends very well into my color and does a fair job covering my gray, and I'm 75% gray at this point. It dries soft and even helps to tame fly-always, but occasionally the spray will sputter and stain my face which has to be washed with soap and water. It lasts until I wash my hair, which is every 2-3 days, and doesn't stain my pillows in between. I've found that it works best to spray and then comb for even coverage and to prevent gray from the hair just below my part from shining through.
Dawn L.
Runnemede, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is amazing! I couldn't believe the results and how well it covered the greys. It's perfect when you're in the mirror and getting ready for work or to go out for the night and you see those pesky silver streaks. You know you don't have time to dye your hair, so that's when this root cover up comes in. It covers completely, dries quickly, has no awful odors and washes out.
Josie
Union, NJ
Decided to try the black shade yesterday. Product promises to cover up grays and will not come off once dried. This product definitely covers the grays but it also comes off on my hands when I touch it. I sprayed it on yesterday afternoon and this morning it is still coming off on my hands. Not sure if I would buy again but will probably finish the bottle!
Maria D.
North canton, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have only used the black shade but OH MY LANTA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?!?!?! I don't know about the other shades but the black covered up my roots and grays EFFORTLESSLY! and I hardly had any risadue on my scalp or forehead!!!!! I could not believe it! Super affordable and I am obsessed! I'm only giving 4 stars because I don't know how the other shades work
Beatriz S.
How is it? Is it good? It's long lasting?
Kristyn H.
Los Angeles, CA
I recently dyed my hair with box dye for the first time. I have really dark brown hair and lots of gray hair. Does this work like dye? Or is it just like hair spray and good for one day cover ups for events?
C G.
Peoria, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've almost purchased the L'Oréal Paris Root Cover Up twice now, almost but I didn't buy it. Does this product have an overspray that can show on your scalp? How long does each use last? Until you wash your hair? A full day/evening? I'd love to buy it and have on hand for emergencies. Any answers and opinions are appreciated. Thank you!!
Valentina B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My mom has gray hair that is super fast and for this reason you have to paint your hair every moment, sometimes you do not have time to do it and you need a product that helps you cover them quickly. Is this product good for her?
This was a hard one as I didn't love it, anyone else?