BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #18 in Setting Spray

Locks in makeup for a “just applied” makeup look all day. Lightweight mist, barely there feel. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic.

Keep your makeup looking fresh hours after application: no melting, fading or touch-ups necessary. This lightweight, oil free setting spray locks in your total makeup look, Face, Eyes, and Lips, preventing color from smudging or settling into fine lines for all-day staying power.

Aqua / Water / Eaualcohol Denat. Pvpdimethicone Peg-7 Phosphatephenoxyethanolpolyhydroxystearic Acidisononyl Isononanoateppg-3 Benzyl Ether Myristatepoloxamer 407ethylhexyl Isononanoatesodium Benzoatesodium Cocamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphatepotassium Sorbatealoe Barbadensis / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juicelimonenelinaloolparfum / Fragrance

L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray
  • "i have very oily skin. this does extend the wear, but my oil still breaks through. it doesn't mattify like i wish it would. " in 373 reviews
  • "I got this in a Target Beauty box and I really do like it." in 4 reviews
  • "This Spray feels great on the face the bottle gives a nice even spray and i think the product actually works works well." in 2 reviews
Heather Pauline k.
denver
For the past year or so, Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray has kind of ruled the roost in the beauty world when it comes to setting sprays. I use the "Chill" (hydrating and cooling) and standard version of the UD setting spray and I have never even considered looking for an alternative because I have been so happy with it. But here's a little secret... L'Oreal purchased Urban Decay a few years ago and they have taken the magic that makes the Urban Decay setting spray so amazing and put it in a cheaper version. Shhhh.

To be fair, I don't know for sure that they just bottled the UD spray into the L'Oreal bottle, but the ingredients are super similar - in fact, they are almost the same, just the amount of each ingredient is slightly different. But what really matters to me is how well it works, and the L'Oreal spray is every bit as good as the UD spray.

I honestly couldn't tell a difference between the UD spray and the L'Oreal spray. They even smell similar (the UD "Chill" gets an extra point for smelling slightly better than the UD standard or L'Oreal version, likely due to the addition of aloe). I followed the directions (same directions as the UD spray, just sayin') and applied the L'Oreal spray in a T and X motion and then let it dry. My makeup stayed in place all day, no smudging or sliding or smearing at all. And, unlike setting powders, it made my face look dewey (not shiny) and fresh. I even find that I can go without a primer if I am using the spray, but if you are going somewhere sweaty or where you really want your makeup to last for hours and hours, a primer plus the spray will keep your makeup in place like a tattoo.

So, sorry Urban Decay. I love you to pieces, but why should I pay $30 for your spray when L'Oreal's Infallible spray is every bit as good and costs half the price? (However, note that the L'Oreal version is .6 of an ounce smaller than the Urban Decay, so still cheaper but not technically half the cost.) The only thing that will keep me returning to Sephora for the Urban Decay spray is the "Chill" version, since the L'Oreal spray only comes in the one version. If they are smart, they will expand the line, because setting spray is one of those things that I never knew I needed until I tried it and now I find that I can't live without it.
Robin M.
Sumner, WA
  L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray is not talked about enough in my book. This stuff is golden! I bought a trial size bottle at Christmas and is the only spray that rivals Make It Last by Milani. The spray is not as fine as the other brand but I am biased on this and its a whole lot better than most of the other drugstore setting sprays. It is lightweight, I cant tell that it is on after it drys, It makes my foundation last and last no matter what brand I am using. I dont see it setting as matte, but it's a wonderful natural looking, making my foundation look like skin, setting spray.  I really recommend this to everyone to at least try it out. It is amazing!!
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
One of the best drug store setting sprays that I have ever used, it is a little bit more expensive but it is totally worth it. The first time I tried it I knew that this was going to be my go to drug store setting spray. It doesn't smell bad or weird like others that I have tried before. I love using it to blend out my foundation with a sponge after I have a applied with a brush. It gives it a more seamless look. Also when I want a little more pop with my shimmer shadows I just spray a little on the applicator and pop it onto my eye lids for a more intense shimmer look.
Kimberly H.
Woodbury, MN
I ran out of my Urban Decay All-Nighter go to spray and realized I had this. This makeup setting spray is about half the price of UD and is fantastic. The spray of this is different than UD as it is more wife and only a couple spritz cover the entire face. It is not as fast drying as UD, but probably because it contains less alcohol. It does not make your face feel dry it tight like UD and you get a much dewier finish. I have oily skin and my makeup doesn't budge and looks fresh with this on! I don't get breakouts with this spray at all! Love it!
Sierra C.
Janesville, WI
This is number 1 go to if I;m not using Urban Decay all nighter. Very lightweight and drys to a matte finish. My make-up lasts all day with this product. I have oily skin in my t-zone and this keeps it under control all day. I dont have any oil that breaks through and breaks up my foundation. The smell of this spray is not very pleasant but after it dries you don't smell it anymore. I would recommend that everyone try out this setting spray I think it would work well for people with all types of skin.
Alex S.
CA
This was average at best. I used up the whole bottle because I didn't want to waste money, but I would not repurchase. It didn't add much to the longevity of my makeup, and made me look mildly cakey at times. You have to put this on before your mascara, or else it will smudge everywhere, which isn't uncommon, but something to be aware of. The atomizer isn't bad, and does distribute the product relatively evenly. But in the end, I just used this as something to dampen my eyeshadow brushes with because it didn't perform well on the face.
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
I bought this because I love trying out drugstore products and also love the brand L'Oreal. I thought this setting spray set down my powder and made my makeup look more skin like.  The sprayer was very finely misting, which I appreciate because it didn't leave dots on my face of water.  The only con was that it did contain a lot of alcohol so it was a little drying.  It kept me matte, but my face felt dehydrated. Other than that, it worked great.
Catherine G.
I've used this multiple times and it is far better than I thought it would be!!!! The mister is good for a drug store bottle. It doesn't feel to sticky on the face so it feels good to touch up with or de-cake the face with. Though it still isn't close to urban decay all nighter, if you use A LOT (which I do with any setting spray), you'll really notice a difference in the wear time of your makeup. Part of me is considering trying this out instead of urban decay because even though you have to spray a generous amount more, it is cheaper to refill
Aleasha H.
Newark, DE
Not a fan. The sprayer is fine but I just do not like this setting spray. First of all it smells weird. I thought I got a bad one so I ended up returning it and getting a new one but nope! They all smell like that. Like a cardboard box that was left in the rain kinda smell. Weird. I never used it on my face because of the smell so idk how it holds up. Just pass on it. There are cheaper sprays with better scents all thru the drugstore.
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray

My go-to setting spray. It works like magic. It is light weight so it's perfect for my oily skin & has never caused me to break out. I use this right after I apply my makeup and it keeps it looking like a fresh face a makeup all day. It can withstand sweat (I live in South Florida so that is a huge plus for me) and when I take naps with my son (stay at home mom) I wake up with my makeup still looking perfect and there is no makeup residue on my pillow case. It recommends to hold it about 8-10 inches away from your face and spray in a 'T' or 'X' motion which I always do and this fine mist covers every inch of your face. I do my makeup around 8AM and it stays absolutely perfect looking untill around 10 PM. I was shocked by the results. Never buying anything but this ever again.
Rachel W.
Is this good for oily skin?
queen s.
calgary , ab
Would this help make up stay on all day at school?
Naisha R.
Puerto Rico
Does it really make my makeup last?
Jennifer L.
Madison, IN
I just ordered this from ulta how dose it work?_as in how do I use it ...and is it a good product?
Chaan B.
Is it mist and does it have a smell?

back