L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #5 in Liquid Foundation

Up to 24hr matte without the flat. Air-light texture, Demi-matte finish. The pro look of longwear.

Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• Is this foundation good for oily skin types? Good coverage?138 Answers
  • I have heard nothing but good things about this foundation. I cur...3 Answers
  • How is this product for oily skin?8 Answers
Zerin S.
This is by far my favorite foundation at the drugstore and my go to for every day wear and events. The foundation is full coverage but also lightweight which is perfect! I forgot that I have it on when I'm wearing it. I recommend using a damp beauty blender or sponge for the best application as it can be a little heavy when applied otherwise and stick to dry patches, but a damp sponge creates a skin like finish. It's highly long wearing and will last me all day.
I love the yellow undertone in this line and there is a very great selection of shades. The shade caramel beige is perfect on me. I love to mix this product with other foundations that may not be my exact shade and it works great. I also love to mix a drop or two of my favorite beauty oil and the finish is gorgeous and healthy. Definitely recommend it.

Note: I have combination skin (oily T-zone at times, dry patches around blemishes) and acne prone skin. This product does not break me out, even after heavy wear on long days!
kristina b.
Douglasville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I bought this foundation I wasn't sure if I would like it but I love it it gives me the coverage I want with out it feeling oily and heavy on my skin.
Anne N.
Backstory: I have been on a seemingly-lonely, miserable foundation hunt for the past year+. I have acne-prone, normal-oily combination skin with very yellow undertones. I tried many of the major drugstore recommendations from each brand. They all failed me in at least one of three ways: either the color oxidized (Covergirl!) or no shade in the line fit in the first place (ugh colorstay), or the staying power could not hold up to my oily skin (Maybelline, L'Oreal).

I was about to drop some major $$ on the hourglass liquid foundation. Then this foundation came out. Though I am rarely one to run out to buy the newest "latest and greatest," I watched saaammage' review on youtube, which helped both convince me to try this and helped me find the yellow-toned one. I prayed that I might not have to take advantage of CVS' generous beauty return policy (...again), and I chose the shade 104.

I have to admit, I must be careful not to apply too much. The coverage is build-able, but it needs just a little TLC to get there; otherwise a heavy-handed application may leave you looking cakey. The coverage is suitable for my minor blemishes, and I need just a little extra concealer help for my acne scars.

The finish is described as "demi matte," which I think is accurate, and I realized is perfect for me. I think the finish balances dewy and matte as to not be oily-slick nor lifeless-matte. I can get roughly 8 impressive hours of wear, another 'OK' 2, and another 2 with some more powder. (Getting through that initial 8 hours was impressive enough for me.) Right now, I have some dry spots, and if I am not careful with moisturizing and application, this foundation will cling onto those spots. (That said, I might not recommend for those with dry skin.)

Whew. Sorry... I'm struggling to wrap up this review because there is so much to be said. Though it's perhaps on the more expensive end of drugstore foundations, the color match, staying power, coverage, and finish have impressed me enough to warrant a repurchase when the time comes.
MARIA R.
Denham Spgs, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of the best foundations i have used! like ever! not only in the drugstore but also high end! I typically only use it during the summer bc its more of a matte finish which i tend to go for during the summer i know they recently came out with the pro glow option which i recently purchased but have not tried but i am thinking that might be what i tend to go for during the late fall and winter since those months i love a more dewy and hydrated base. This foundation gives full coverage with just one layer if you don't hate any major scars or too much redness but if you do like me then with two layers you are covered! It covers my redness and freckles completely! The other thing that i love about this foundation is how long lasting it is!!!! it really lasts a long long time! If you have long days this foundation is for you i have applied it at 5am and taken it off at midnight and it looked just how it did when i applied it! I do always use a primer and pore filler with it but i still think the foundation has a lot to do with the staying power. Overall i would highly recommend it to anyone with slightly dry to normal to oily skin but if your skin is extremely oily you might have to blot if worn long hours. I personally have normal to dry skin and it works perfectly fine, if you have a problems with it being too drying and you have dry skin try exfoliating or even mix it with an oil so it can be more hydrating that helps when i use it during the fall and I'm having extremely dry skin for some reason but for the most part i use it straight from the tube no problem.
Review for: Classic Ivory
This is my holy grail foundation. The first time I tried it I wasn’t quite sure what to think. The formula is not super watery and thin, but it is also not thick either. It has a nice middle ground consistency that is entirely easy to blend. Despite this, it is definitely a foundation where you cannot TELL you're wearing foundation. It pretty much feels like I am wearing no makeup. My personal favorite way to apply it is with a flat to kabuki brush, then further blending it with a damp beauty blender. I find that this helps blend this foundation beautifully as well as thinning out the product without compromising the coverage.

The coverage is a good medium to full, not quite full but more than medium. Not only is the coverage impeccable upon application, but it stays that way longer than any other foundation I have tried. Being a recent grad out of University, as well as going to work, I need products that last an exceptionally long time, especially when I have a school day and then work later on. This is the only foundation that stays put and looks good without having to touch up or put on setting spray. Needless to say, adding setting spray amps up the wear time as well. I have noticed a few times where my foundation has separated in certain areas at the end of the day, but not enough for it to be wholly noticeable. And that is after 10 hours of working in which I was running around and perspiring. I cannot say that it has lasted a full 24 hours because I have never worn my makeup for 24 hours, but I can go starting my mornings when I put my makeup on at 8:30am to 11pm when the day is done (I have literally gone to school for 7 hours and then to a concert that night and my makeup still looked good).

I highly recommend this foundation for oily skinned gals and guys. This foundation has never made me oily, shiny, and I truly stand by their claim of having "micro-sponge technology [that] absorbs excess oil and shine.”

Now, even with all of this being said, I do have some cons about this foundation. I find that this foundation can definitely cling to dry patches, so I would not recommend this foundation for the dry skinned people. As well, this foundation can look a bit caked on if you are not careful with application. A small dollop of it can fill my entire face, not be cakey, and last the best and longest (the amount in the picture above is what I typically do). Putting too much on can over do it in my opinion with this foundation, but hey, you do you.
Despite these minor problems I have with this foundation, it is not overpowering enough to make me write it off or not recommend it to anyone. I have fairly normal, sometimes combination skin, and I absolutely love this foundation. Again, holy grail status for me.
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
Review for: Natural Buff
I know some people believe this is an amazing foundation. Now.... for my skin I have to disagree. I have tried very hard to work with this matte foundation and it just not worth it. This makes my pores huge like Swiss cheese, it moves around and not sink into my skin looking natural and I will say if your oily like me, prepare to not look in the mirror. My face look like Oompa Loompa was super dehydrated that I began to melt like the wicked witch of the west. This stuff oxidized badly and I used high End and drugstore to work. I don't recommend this and will forever stay in the store counter.
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I cannot speak highly enough about this foundation. It does a great job at keeping oil at bay on my oily t-zone. My skin looks good all day with this foundation. It also covers nicely without looking cakey because it builds up nicely. It also blends out beautifully while still looking like skin. Plus it comes at a great drugstore price. This is definitely one of the best foundations I've ever tried!
Bailey R.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: Other
Out of all the new matte foundations that I've been trying, in search of the perfect foundation that can accommodate the oiliness of my nose, this one is my favorite. In addition to keeping the oil at bay, I also need a foundation that can cover up the redness on my cheeks. The Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation does just that.

One thing I really noticed with this foundation is that it doesn't sit in my pores or accentuate my blackheads. I never realized other foundations were doing this until I used this foundation, I just always figured that's how my nose was, and that's just how foundation would always look on my nose. My nose doesn't look bumpy at all, it looks incredibly smooth. It also doesn't separate or slide off from my nose at all.

The Infallible foundation isn't thick or cakey at all, it is incredibly smooth and I can't even feel it on my face at all. I blended it out with a sponge, which worked very well. I did get the Shell Beige shade, which is just a tiny bit dark for my skin, so I will try a shade darker to see if that works, if not I can always blend the two.

I have heard a lot of amazing things about the line of foundation by L'oreal, and it is all very true. I'm definitely going to be using this foundation even more, it may even become my new go-to. I would recommend the Infallible Pro-Matte foundation to anyone who struggles with finding a foundation that works with their oily skin. It works just like it should and it's at an affordable price for anyone.
Norbeliss M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this foundation because it had rave reviews from makeup artists who chose it as one of their all time favorite drug store foundations and I definitely see why. My skin is quite oily, so this drier foundation really helps to control that issue I have of my face melting off in humid weather. It doesn't sink into lines on my face, but if you have a little face fuzz, it will cling to it like your mustache is it's mother. That is the only big downside, other than that, the only other bad thing I can think of to say is that it dries faster than I'd like it to while applying. That could just be because of how I apply it myself, but I found that using a damp beauty blender helps spread the product more efficiently without it drying before I can get it where it needs to be.

The color was right on point, and doesn't have that strange pinky-orange tint that a lot of foundations I tend to buy usually have. It blended pretty seamlessly with my super pale/translucent type skin tone, and the coverage was great for my blemishes I tend to get around my jaw line and mouth/chin area It's a great, long lasting foundation, and the packaging is nice to look at on my cosmetic organizer. I will be buying again, even though it looks like I won't have to buy it too often, because one application lasts me 8+ hrs...I don't know about 12, but 8 is good in my book, anyway.
Kayla S.
Chilliwack, BC
Review for: Classic Ivory
Great product, it is quite matte so more for someone with oily skin and great for summer time. Totally recommend this foundation!
Angela M.
Derby, KS
Is this foundation good for oily skin types? Good coverage?
Lorena J.
Hollywood, FL
How many hours can this product last? Is this full coverage and is it good for oily skin?
Sabina S.
Does this foundation give a drying feel to the skin as it is so matte?
Kathy M.
Coachella, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this foundation and I was wondering what is the best way to apply it, I've tried a real techniques sponge and a real techniques buffing brush but it looks really cakey on me . Please help I would really appreciate it
Taylor M.
Frankfort, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does this foundation last for oily skin with pores?