L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #9 in Liquid Foundation

Up to 24hr matte without the flat. Air-light texture, Demi-matte finish. The pro look of longwear.

Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• How is this product for oily skin?8 Answers
Reviews (12066)
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
This is my current favorite matte foundation that you can find at the drugstore. There are a couple makeup products that I feel you can find quality that is just as good or better than higher priced counterparts, and foundation is one of them, especially these days. Drugstore cosmetic brands have really started to step up their game big time and giving highend companies real competition, and L'Oréal was one of the first horses out of the starting gate with Infalliable. Other brands started to follow suit! If you ask anyone what their favorite matte drugstore foundation is, they'll most likely give you one of two answers. I won't mention the other one here (you likely know the other one), but coming from someone who has used both- Infalliable wins. I alternate between the ProMatte & the ProGlow, and they both offer the same great qualities: great coverage that you can build. If one application is good for you, you won't even notice it's on your skin. If you want more coverage, you can build on these babies forever! The color it goes on as is the color it stays. The "other" one dries around three shades darker on me than it starts out. If you're looking for a great matte foundation for a great price, I definitely recommend spending your money on L'Oréal Infalliable!
Aмίяαh 🌺.
Plainfield, NJ
Review for: Crème Café more...
Lately I’ve been having a hard time with my oily t-zone and keeping my face from getting super shiny within a couple of hours after putting my makeup on... and I’ve seen so many of my favorite YouTube girls talk about this foundation & how it’s perfect for oily skin. So needles to say, I was looking forward to trying it. After checking the reviews on Influenster as well, I went out and bought it from a drugstore and put it to the test wearing it to work for my overnight shift. I put this foundation on around 10pm as I was getting ready for work, and my first impression was that it made my face look flawless. It was really matte but I mean, the foundation is called “pro-matte” so, no surprise there. Around 4am, which is 5 hours into my shift, I did a makeup check in the bathroom and WOW I was really impressed. I’m usually oily on the nose and forehead/eyebrows around that time with other foundations I have been using. My face still looked amazing after 5 hours of work (keep in mind, i do NOT sit at a desk. I work in nursing & move around a LOT). This foundation honestly looked flawless until my around 11 in the morning when I got home from running around after work. So for 12 straight hours, the foundation stayed in place and I only had a couple little shiny/oily areas after about 7/8 hours of wear. I would definitely consider this a 5 star foundation, however, I have to deduct one star because my face does feel a little tight and dry while wearing this foundation. But I mean.. I guess that comes with a foundation that’s so matte. I’m willing to deal with that as long as there are no long term drying effects because i’d rather my face feel a little dry than look like a grease ball. I guess you can’t have it all, right?
Sincere L.
MADISON, GA
While I did not explore the 24 hour wear test as that is simply wayyy to long for anyone to be wearing a foundation, I did however wear this foundation for at least 8 - 10 hours. I have oily-combination skin that is quite relentless on the oil production. I am constantly blotting and resetting my powder throughout the day - so when I say I was shocked by the lack of a need to do either of those things, I truly mean it. Around the 5 hour mark I did have a slight glow to my complexion but nothing compared to how my skin usually looks around this time. I would also like to note, I am a glasses wearer so the pads of my glasses did leave an imprint on the sides of my nose, but majority of foundations I wear do tend to rub off first in that area. I didn't find it to smudge off completely though, which is a huge plus! Honestly, this foundation lasted well into the 8th to 10th hour of wear time and probably could have lasted even longer! Around the 10th hour of wear, the foundation started to break up and separate a little around the areas I had touched throughout the day, especially around my nose! The foundation also began settling into my pores around my cheek and forehead area and also started to wear off around my chin area too. However, other than my nose and chin, the foundation held together nicely! My bronzer, blush, and highlight was still visible and wasn't patchy at all! Overall, I highly recommend this foundation!
Natalee K.
Sturtevant, WI
Review for: Classic Tan, Fresh Beige, Soft Sable, Sun Beige more...
When I saw the advertisement for the Infallible Pro-Matte, I decided to try it. I AM IN LOVE! It stays on so much longer, doesn't slide off when I get out in the heat or become splotchy around the time of the day when the oiliness usually appears, because it controls and keeps down the oil. ALSO, if I get caught in the rain, the water doesn't wash it away...as if this foundation is semi-waterproof !!!!!! I have even slept in full makeup (shame on me, I know) and when I woke up, my make up looked just as it did when I put it on the night before! I have never worn a liquid foundation that has achieved every benefit I was looking for and wanting in a foundation. I originally bought the natural beige 105 and it was a little too dark for my skin tone so I bought the shell beige 102 . The 102 blends in and matches flawlessly, and if I want a little more color ( like a natural bronzer with out the shimmer), I'll add a few drops of the 105 to the 102 and voila! Still blends in and matches seamlessly and picture ready! I even still use my Loreal mineral powder foundation as a finishing powder to "set" my make up and touch up throughout the long days, yet most the time, I do not even need to powder my face afterwards because this foundation stays on and stays true to how it looks after first applying it in the mornings. Without a doubt it lives up to it's advertisement. Since it is a Demi-matte, I appreciate it even more. Years of dealing with the embarrassment of combo-skin, my face always having some kind of sheen to it, I am greatful to have found a foundation that delivers that, yet doesn't make my face look dry like baked clay around the dryer parts around my face. It's as if this makup is perfectly pH-balanced.
Abbie P.
Palmview, TX
This foundation is my saving grace!!
I struggled for a few years trying to figure out what kind of makeup worked for me. I used to use L'Oreal's True Match foundation, but that stuff was too liquid and oily. THIS foundation, on the other hand, is beyond amazing. My skin tends to be oily, so the fact that it's matte is lifesaving. I can wear it all day and my skin looks great even after 12 hours. It also has GREAT coverage, which means I don't need a whole lot of spot concealer to cover up pimples. And the name doesn't lie: it is so air-light I forget I'm even wearing foundation. I'm not exaggerating!
My skin is combination so it also needs a good deal of moisturizing. If I didn't moisturize before using this foundation, it would probably look pretty awful because it's matte. But after moisturizing, my skin looks and feels very smooth and clean. All I need on top of this is a bit of concealer and some translucent powder, and voila! I've gotten many compliments that my makeup looks very natural since I've started wearing this foundation.
Rhonda R.
Hastings, MN
Review for: Natural Buff more...
This is my favorite foundation from the drugstore, hands down. First of all, the tube lasts forever. I bought my first tube about a year ago, and I am just now about to run out. It is so travel friendly, too, since it is in a plastic tube, and I appreciate the squeezy tube applicator as well since it allows you to get out every bit of product. I hate those foundations that come in a bottle without a pump because I have to dump it out on my hand or on my beauty blender, and I'm always scared to travel with it in the event that the glass breaks and foundation gets everywhere. So this one is perfect.
I have oily skin with pretty large pores and quite a bit of acne and acne scars. This foundation covers everything! It is medium to full coverage, but I find that I only need one layer of this foundation to cover everything. I absolutely love the finish it gives, demi-matte which is matte but with a little bit of natural finish so you don't look too dull and flat. I find that this foundation lasts all day, controls my oils, and does not look cakey. I'm still trying to find my perfect shade in this, as the one I got is a little too warm toned and dark for my skin tone. I still used the whole tube of it, which is saying a lot if it's my wrong shade! I just love the finish and coverage it gives that I don't mind putting a little bronzer on my neck to make it blend. I will continue to repurchase this foundation over and over again.
Shasha S.
Review for: Crème Café, Classic Tan, Fresh Beige, Sun Beige, Golden Beige, Natural Buff, Shell Beige, Natural Beige, Cocoa, Soft Sable, Classic Ivory more...
T Its best product . Bestiiiiieeee bestttt product,,,,I loveeeee this product. I really enjoy free samples. If its good I definitely upload in my vlog and recommend to friends ,colleagues and family . I usually buy from drugstores. Love to use branded products and love to try new samples. Crazy to try  new samples but  cost effective :(The product has this light lotiony texture that spreads very easily, and I have not experience it feeling greasy or tacky on my face at all. It dries down rather quickly. Now when it comes to how it performs in making my makeup last any longer than other primers that I own, I can personally say that this primer does allow for my makeup to stay on a very long time. The only major difference is that it provides a level of hydration to my skin at the same time, while it's doing it's job towards keeping my face well primed, and keeping my makeup look as fresh as possible, for as long as possible. So it's really like using a light hydrator+moisturizer all-one.
Heather B.
Eagle Grove , IA
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I’m always skeptical when it comes to drugstore foundation, but a skeptic I am no more. This foundation exceeded every expectation that I had, and then some! Amazing coverage, fantastic price, and some fab staying power make this a must have. It was recommended to me by a friend who uses it for bridal makeup occasionally, and I trust her recs, and she didn’t fail me! Want some amazing foundation on a budget? Look no further. Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow KitYounique Moodstruck Epic MascaraL'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation
Antonina M.
New York
Review for: Classic Tan more...
This is my everyday go to foundation. I use shades 109 classic tan and 108 caramel beige. 108 in my triangle area (where I would apply concealer.) and 109 around the rest of my face. I have dry skin, so I moisturize and prime well before hand. I really like that it dries to an almost powder finish and I don't FEEL the make up sitting on my skin. It's a Medium to full coverage, depending on what beauty applicator you use. I would say it is long lasting. I've never had any issues with this product and it would be great for people with oily skin. For those like myself with dry skin, make sure you moisturize/prime before using it because without prep it may cling to your dry patches. Overall this is definitely my favorite drug store foundation. I will use it for an everyday look or even full glam. You can really go either way with this foundation.
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
Review for: Natural Beige more...
I use L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro Glow Foundation at first and I decided to give L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation a try and honestly I used it ones and never used it again . The matte look on me really doesn't look good . I'm more liking the pro glow that gives me more natural look . This makes my face look so cakey and notnto mention I hate how dry it made my skin after even one time use .. so I won't be buying it again it may be nice for others but not my preference..
paulina c.
How is this product? Is it long lasting? Good with oily skin?
Dalal A.
Kuwait City
I had my eye on this foundation for a while now and I have heard a lot of good things about it, but still...I don't know how it's gonna go with my skin ( I have oily skin) and so I'm afraid that it's not gonna last that long or its gonna break me out.. What do u guys think✨
Nathaly M.
Does it really work on oily skin?
Katy H.
Does anyone have issues with this foundation lifting off the skin around your eyes and nose when blending concealer with a beauty blender in those areas? And any tips on stopping that from happening?
Krystal D.
I'm looking for a new foundation. I get really oily around my chin area, will this foundation still work for me?