L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #13 in Liquid Foundation

Up to 24hr matte without the flat. Air-light texture, Demi-matte finish. The pro look of longwear.

Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• Is this foundation good for oily skin types? Good coverage?140 Answers
  • I have heard nothing but good things about this foundation. I cur...4 Answers
  • How is this product for oily skin?8 Answers
Sincere L.
While I did not explore the 24 hour wear test as that is simply wayyy to long for anyone to be wearing a foundation, I did however wear this foundation for at least 8 - 10 hours. I have oily-combination skin that is quite relentless on the oil production. I am constantly blotting and resetting my powder throughout the day - so when I say I was shocked by the lack of a need to do either of those things, I truly mean it. Around the 5 hour mark I did have a slight glow to my complexion but nothing compared to how my skin usually looks around this time. I would also like to note, I am a glasses wearer so the pads of my glasses did leave an imprint on the sides of my nose, but majority of foundations I wear do tend to rub off first in that area. I didn't find it to smudge off completely though, which is a huge plus! Honestly, this foundation lasted well into the 8th to 10th hour of wear time and probably could have lasted even longer! Around the 10th hour of wear, the foundation started to break up and separate a little around the areas I had touched throughout the day, especially around my nose! The foundation also began settling into my pores around my cheek and forehead area and also started to wear off around my chin area too. However, other than my nose and chin, the foundation held together nicely! My bronzer, blush, and highlight was still visible and wasn't patchy at all! Overall, I highly recommend this foundation!
Rhonda R.
Hastings, MN
Review for: Natural Buff more...
This is my favorite foundation from the drugstore, hands down. First of all, the tube lasts forever. I bought my first tube about a year ago, and I am just now about to run out. It is so travel friendly, too, since it is in a plastic tube, and I appreciate the squeezy tube applicator as well since it allows you to get out every bit of product. I hate those foundations that come in a bottle without a pump because I have to dump it out on my hand or on my beauty blender, and I'm always scared to travel with it in the event that the glass breaks and foundation gets everywhere. So this one is perfect.
I have oily skin with pretty large pores and quite a bit of acne and acne scars. This foundation covers everything! It is medium to full coverage, but I find that I only need one layer of this foundation to cover everything. I absolutely love the finish it gives, demi-matte which is matte but with a little bit of natural finish so you don't look too dull and flat. I find that this foundation lasts all day, controls my oils, and does not look cakey. I'm still trying to find my perfect shade in this, as the one I got is a little too warm toned and dark for my skin tone. I still used the whole tube of it, which is saying a lot if it's my wrong shade! I just love the finish and coverage it gives that I don't mind putting a little bronzer on my neck to make it blend. I will continue to repurchase this foundation over and over again.
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
This is my current favorite matte foundation that you can find at the drugstore. There are a couple makeup products that I feel you can find quality that is just as good or better than higher priced counterparts, and foundation is one of them, especially these days. Drugstore cosmetic brands have really started to step up their game big time and giving highend companies real competition, and L'Oréal was one of the first horses out of the starting gate with Infalliable. Other brands started to follow suit! If you ask anyone what their favorite matte drugstore foundation is, they'll most likely give you one of two answers. I won't mention the other one here (you likely know the other one), but coming from someone who has used both- Infalliable wins. I alternate between the ProMatte & the ProGlow, and they both offer the same great qualities: great coverage that you can build. If one application is good for you, you won't even notice it's on your skin. If you want more coverage, you can build on these babies forever! The color it goes on as is the color it stays. The "other" one dries around three shades darker on me than it starts out. If you're looking for a great matte foundation for a great price, I definitely recommend spending your money on L'Oréal Infalliable!
Nicole R.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Review for: Shell Beige more...
I haven’t purchased drugstore foundation in years because I am so in love with Lancôme teint idole ultra 24hr. But, it’s expensive for everyday wear. On the lookout for something to use while I run errands, while at work, etc. I discovered this.

The pros: It is truly a matte foundation (in that I don’t even need to use a mattefying primer or setting spray), and I don’t need to keep reapplying on first application for coverage. It is easy to blend. So inexpensive and the bottle lasts forever! A little goes a long way.

The cons: Limited options for color. The closest I could get to my skin tone was shell beige. I tried the next shade up and it was way too yellow/orange/unnatural looking. Shell beige is a tad light for me but easily solved with bronzer. Color is important, so that kind of sucks! Also, I think it’s been contributing to mild breakouts despite being “non-comedogenic”.

Overall, I will continue using this foundation because I definitely agree it is the best option for cheaper drugstore foundation.
Natalee K.
Sturtevant, WI
Review for: Classic Tan, Fresh Beige, Soft Sable, Sun Beige more...
When I saw the advertisement for the Infallible Pro-Matte, I decided to try it. I AM IN LOVE! It stays on so much longer, doesn't slide off when I get out in the heat or become splotchy around the time of the day when the oiliness usually appears, because it controls and keeps down the oil. ALSO, if I get caught in the rain, the water doesn't wash it away...as if this foundation is semi-waterproof !!!!!! I have even slept in full makeup (shame on me, I know) and when I woke up, my make up looked just as it did when I put it on the night before! I have never worn a liquid foundation that has achieved every benefit I was looking for and wanting in a foundation. I originally bought the natural beige 105 and it was a little too dark for my skin tone so I bought the shell beige 102 . The 102 blends in and matches flawlessly, and if I want a little more color ( like a natural bronzer with out the shimmer), I'll add a few drops of the 105 to the 102 and voila! Still blends in and matches seamlessly and picture ready! I even still use my Loreal mineral powder foundation as a finishing powder to "set" my make up and touch up throughout the long days, yet most the time, I do not even need to powder my face afterwards because this foundation stays on and stays true to how it looks after first applying it in the mornings. Without a doubt it lives up to it's advertisement. Since it is a Demi-matte, I appreciate it even more. Years of dealing with the embarrassment of combo-skin, my face always having some kind of sheen to it, I am greatful to have found a foundation that delivers that, yet doesn't make my face look dry like baked clay around the dryer parts around my face. It's as if this makup is perfectly pH-balanced.
Abbie P.
Palmview, TX
This foundation is my saving grace!!
I struggled for a few years trying to figure out what kind of makeup worked for me. I used to use L'Oreal's True Match foundation, but that stuff was too liquid and oily. THIS foundation, on the other hand, is beyond amazing. My skin tends to be oily, so the fact that it's matte is lifesaving. I can wear it all day and my skin looks great even after 12 hours. It also has GREAT coverage, which means I don't need a whole lot of spot concealer to cover up pimples. And the name doesn't lie: it is so air-light I forget I'm even wearing foundation. I'm not exaggerating!
My skin is combination so it also needs a good deal of moisturizing. If I didn't moisturize before using this foundation, it would probably look pretty awful because it's matte. But after moisturizing, my skin looks and feels very smooth and clean. All I need on top of this is a bit of concealer and some translucent powder, and voila! I've gotten many compliments that my makeup looks very natural since I've started wearing this foundation.
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I've been on a lookout for that one "holy grail" foundation for years, and this comes close but isn't quite there yet. It is long-lasting and the color matches my skin pretty well. After a few hours of wear, my nose does start to get a bit oily or patchy, but the rest of my face still looks matte and natural. This foundation isn't cakey and blends easily with a brush or beauty blender. It's the foundation I've been using for the past few months, and while I do love it, I won't stop trying new foundations to see if I can find something that won't make my nose oily and blotchy after 5-6 hours of wear. I even use setting powder and setting spray on top of my foundation, it still doesn't look quite as perfected as I would like. Regardless, it is my current favorite foundation and is better than many higher end foundations I've tried from Sephora.
Shasha S.
Review for: Crème Café, Classic Tan, Fresh Beige, Sun Beige, Golden Beige, Natural Buff, Shell Beige, Natural Beige, Cocoa, Soft Sable, Classic Ivory more...
T Its best product . Bestiiiiieeee bestttt product,,,,I loveeeee this product. I really enjoy free samples. If its good I definitely upload in my vlog and recommend to friends ,colleagues and family . I usually buy from drugstores. Love to use branded products and love to try new samples. Crazy to try  new samples but  cost effective :(The product has this light lotiony texture that spreads very easily, and I have not experience it feeling greasy or tacky on my face at all. It dries down rather quickly. Now when it comes to how it performs in making my makeup last any longer than other primers that I own, I can personally say that this primer does allow for my makeup to stay on a very long time. The only major difference is that it provides a level of hydration to my skin at the same time, while it's doing it's job towards keeping my face well primed, and keeping my makeup look as fresh as possible, for as long as possible. So it's really like using a light hydrator+moisturizer all-one.
Meagan E.
Harrisonburg, VA
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
A little bit about me: I am EXTREMELY oily, have sensitive skin and acne.  I wear the shade Classic Ivory, and I have pink/neutral undertones.  I have been searching for a foundation that matches my skin without being too yellow, and is very long lasting.  I have tried so many foundations that claim to be matte and oil-controlling, but my face will still get oily in 4+ hours.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte is my holy grail foundation.  It matches me perfectly, and is so long lasting.  I also like to mix this foundation in with others to make them more matte and long wearing.  Classic Ivory has pink undertones, and has build-able coverage.   Even though this foundation is matte, I still set it with a powder to make sure I don't get oily.  I tend to get oily after around 6 hours, but I just apply more powder and I am good to go.

It is a little on the expensive side for drugstore foundations, but I think it is worth it to me to have a long wearing foundation.  My only con is that the there it too little product, as I go through one tube in a few months if I wear it every day.  I typically wear this foundation if I will be gone for the whole day or for special occasions.  I am constantly searching for new foundation (drugstore and high end), and so far I haven't come across anything as good as Infallible Pro-Matte.
Valerie M.
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I was *so* excited to try this foundation because of all the hype and positive reviews. Youtubers claimed it was a dupe for high end foundation and others said it was the best drugstore foundation available...I was very disappointed. I have normal/combo skin that is slightly on the dry side. No rough patches, no visible dryness, but if I put a foundation on that is not at least slightly moisturizing, it will soak up the moisture I have on my face already and can oftentimes look too matte and cling in certain areas. This foundation was SO matte and I ended up with dry patches of product on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I tried building the coverage too, and it made my face patchy and cakey. I honestly think this foundation is meant for oilier skin types, but not for those with normal or dry skin.
Angela M.
Derby, KS
Is this foundation good for oily skin types? Good coverage?
Lorena J.
Hollywood, FL
How many hours can this product last? Is this full coverage and is it good for oily skin?
Sabina S.
Does this foundation give a drying feel to the skin as it is so matte?
Kathy M.
Coachella , CA
I have this foundation and I was wondering what is the best way to apply it, I've tried a real techniques sponge and a real techniques buffing brush but it looks really cakey on me . Please help I would really appreciate it
Taylor M.
Frankfort, KY
How long does this foundation last for oily skin with pores?