L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #8 in Liquid Foundation

Up to 24hr matte without the flat. Air-light texture, Demi-matte finish. The pro look of longwear.

Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• How is this product for oily skin?8 Answers
MARIA R.
Denham Spgs, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of the best foundations i have used! like ever! not only in the drugstore but also high end! I typically only use it during the summer bc its more of a matte finish which i tend to go for during the summer i know they recently came out with the pro glow option which i recently purchased but have not tried but i am thinking that might be what i tend to go for during the late fall and winter since those months i love a more dewy and hydrated base. This foundation gives full coverage with just one layer if you don't hate any major scars or too much redness but if you do like me then with two layers you are covered! It covers my redness and freckles completely! The other thing that i love about this foundation is how long lasting it is!!!! it really lasts a long long time! If you have long days this foundation is for you i have applied it at 5am and taken it off at midnight and it looked just how it did when i applied it! I do always use a primer and pore filler with it but i still think the foundation has a lot to do with the staying power. Overall i would highly recommend it to anyone with slightly dry to normal to oily skin but if your skin is extremely oily you might have to blot if worn long hours. I personally have normal to dry skin and it works perfectly fine, if you have a problems with it being too drying and you have dry skin try exfoliating or even mix it with an oil so it can be more hydrating that helps when i use it during the fall and I'm having extremely dry skin for some reason but for the most part i use it straight from the tube no problem.
Brooklyn M.
Lake Elsinore, CA
I bought this in shade 108 And it's one of the few foundations to be yellow enough for me. I wish I bought 107 as well so I could mix them by 108 is slightly too orange for me since I'm pretty light with deep yellow'tones. But it seriously sets beautifully. I have pretty normal skin that's well hydrated minus a few spots wherever acne is healing . If you have dry or flaky skin I would notttt re comment this to you because it worse. I don't think this is as full coverage as everyone says. It's a build able medium coverage but I can see shadows of my dark marks peeking through on my cheeks. This foundation does actually dry out my skin a little and I've never had that happen. It does NOT last 24 hrs lol not even 16 but It will definitely last you about 6 with regular life events and up to 12 if you absolutely do not let anything touch your face and you just sit at home ( that's not my lifestyle so...) it will eventually start to look more satin than matte but it's definitely worth it for the price and the cool range is wonderful. You might only need to set your t-zone but that's if you want it to last extra long otherwise just apply And you're good to go. My contours always look their greatest with this foundation!!!! I contour with powders and I always wait for this to set a few minutes then go in to contour and in doing so I have never had the powder or the brush rub off the foundation. It doesn't get ruddy when you apply stuff over it.
Norbeliss M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this foundation because it had rave reviews from makeup artists who chose it as one of their all time favorite drug store foundations and I definitely see why. My skin is quite oily, so this drier foundation really helps to control that issue I have of my face melting off in humid weather. It doesn't sink into lines on my face, but if you have a little face fuzz, it will cling to it like your mustache is it's mother. That is the only big downside, other than that, the only other bad thing I can think of to say is that it dries faster than I'd like it to while applying. That could just be because of how I apply it myself, but I found that using a damp beauty blender helps spread the product more efficiently without it drying before I can get it where it needs to be.

The color was right on point, and doesn't have that strange pinky-orange tint that a lot of foundations I tend to buy usually have. It blended pretty seamlessly with my super pale/translucent type skin tone, and the coverage was great for my blemishes I tend to get around my jaw line and mouth/chin area It's a great, long lasting foundation, and the packaging is nice to look at on my cosmetic organizer. I will be buying again, even though it looks like I won't have to buy it too often, because one application lasts me 8+ hrs...I don't know about 12, but 8 is good in my book, anyway.
Katie C.
Russell, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been wearing this foundation for a few months now and here are my thoughts:

What I like: matte finish, full coverage, lasts longer than most drug-store foundations, and affordable

What I dislike: hard to apply (this foundation really only looks good when I apply it with my hands... it dries too fast to blend with a brush or a beauty blender) and the formulation is very dry (doesn't look very natural because it sticks to dry patches like crazy!)

Overall, for the price tag I really like this foundation. It's my go to for days that I don't have much time/feel like putting a lot of time into my makeup.

I've heard a lot of people call this foundation a "dupe" for Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation. I can honestly say the having used both, it is no where near an exact dupe. For starters, this foundation is far more liquidy than Tarte's, and is less coverage. This foundation is also more dry and matte. They are very different.

I would recommend trying this foundation out if you have oily skin. The matte properties in this foundation do a great job mattifying shiny areas and absorbing oil. That being said, combination and dry skin stay away!
Ny-Asia E.
Review for: Natural Rose
I have a double review for this guy. My skin type is oily/combination. So when loreal released this I just knew that it would be the perfect foundation for me. Unfortunately I was wrong. First the shades are a little wonky. The deeper the shades, the redder the foundation gets. I'm a mix between neutral and red, so that's not completely weird to me, I can usually make it work. But this foundation (I'm in the shade 112 cocoa) is RED! Also it claims is to be a Demi matte formula, someone lied. This is one of the mattest foundations I've ever used! It made me look so dry, which again is weird because I typically have oily skin. So by itself this guy was not on my favorites list. However I was determined to make it work so I decided to try some foundation mixing. I mixed this with my Maybelline FitMe liquid foundation (the original formula) and it's a match made in makeup heaven!!! The neutral tones in my fit me counter act the red in the pro-matte and it's the perfect foundation! YESSSS!
Martina B.
Newark, NJ
So I recently just purchased this foundation at Target and I am absolutely in love! This is my first time using this foundation and I have nothing bad to say at all. Even though the finish says demi-matte, I feel as thought it's definitely on the matte side. I have combination/oily skin so for this to actually stay on my face for majority of the whole day, I'm super impressed. The coverage isn't bad at all, it is definitely medium, but I feel as though you can build it. I paid $12.83 (tax included) so it's definitely affordable compared to higher end makeup and you achieve the same results so I would definitely recommend this foundation for anyone who doesn't want to spend a pretty penny on a high end foundation. Save your money girl! This is worth it.

Disclaimer: Since this foundation is definitely matte, I DO NOT recommend it for anyone with dry skin. They recently launched a pro-glow version of this foundation, so that would be more suitable for you beauties with dry/normal skin.
Shanté G.
I use this every time I wear makeup, because I love how flawless it makes me skin look. Here are some pros and cons of the foundation, based on my personal experience with the product.

Pros: it gives great coverage. Like I said, it leaves my skin looking flawless. I love that it is a matte finish. I would say I have combination skin, because I am not oily in general, but I sweat a lot during the summertime, and throughout the day I tend to get oily on my nose and in between my eyebrows. With that being said, I have never had a problem with oiliness while wearing this foundation. I also wear a mattefying powder, along with primer beforehand.

Cons: It's not a very natural finish. You can definitely tell you are wearing makeup. Some people may like that and others may not. I recently started working and I feel like this foundation is not natural enough for work, so when I go to work I wear different foundations. I guess it's a personal preference on how natural you want to look.
Karen T.
This is hands down one of the best foundations I have ever tried! I've tried so many foundations and I always find myself going back to this one. It gives me a nice matte finish and I love that it doesn't look cakey what so ever. In several occasions I ended up wearing it the whole day up from early morning to late at night, and let me just say that it didn't make me look dry, cakey, oily, and surprisingly the longer I wore it the better it looked. I love how its very affordable and finding the perfect shade for my skin tone was very easy. A huge plus for this foundation is that its very easy to blend and that I'm able to build it up. I've worn it through out the whole year! For summer time I just use less product and it still gives me really good coverage and for the rest of the year I apply it normally which is about a one and a half squirt and I'm all good to go. I have combination skin and I haven't had the need to set my foundation. I would highly recommend it!!
Katie W.
Morganton, NC
I can't possibly say enough good things about this foundation! I have used soooo many expensive, high end foundations and have never found one this good. This foundation works so well with my skin. The lightest shade is just the right fit for me and I love that it has a matte finish wo though drying out my face or clinging to any patches I may have. I have really oily skin and have a tough time finding foundations that truly last all day but this does it for me! I get up at 6 am for school and don't get home until 10pm after work and it is such a good feeling knowing that my foundation isn't going anywhere and I don't have to constantly check the mirror. I don't get greasy when I wear this product and my skin doesn't look dull. I usually have to use a setting powder with all of my foundations but not with this one! And can we talk about how INCREDIBLE the coverage is without ever looking cakey???? It's just so perfect for me! Truly my holy grail.
Tierria C.
This product is definitely one of my Top 5 foundations of all times! I have a Deep complexion and combination skin type. I picked up this product at my local Walmart for about $11 which is pretty average for a drugstore foundation. I picked up the shade 112 cocoa which is the deepest shade. I'm obsessed with this foundation because it is so air-light and that is a must for me this time of year because I live In Florida and the heat is horrid! It's my go to when I'm heading anywhere, day or night because this product is so fluent and buildable. It has a medium coverage and a Demi-matte finish which is another essential factor that I look for to cater to my combo skin. But Most importantly it has 24 hr wear so I can wear it All Day! I have nothing bad to say about this foundation though I wish they had deeper shades to cater to the ladies with deeper complexions than myself! But I love love this foundation and I definitely recommend it!
Angela M.
Derby, KS
Is this foundation good for oily skin types? Good coverage?
Lorena J.
Hollywood, FL
How many hours can this product last? Is this full coverage and is it good for oily skin?
Sabina S.
Does this foundation give a drying feel to the skin as it is so matte?
Kathy M.
Coachella, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this foundation and I was wondering what is the best way to apply it, I've tried a real techniques sponge and a real techniques buffing brush but it looks really cakey on me . Please help I would really appreciate it
Taylor M.
Frankfort, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does this foundation last for oily skin with pores?