L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #15 in Liquid Foundation

Up to 24hr matte without the flat. Air-light texture, Demi-matte finish. The pro look of longwear.

Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• How is this product for oily skin?8 Answers
Media (1925)
Aмίяαh 🌺.
Plainfield, NJ
Review for: Crème Café more...
Lately I’ve been having a hard time with my oily t-zone and keeping my face from getting super shiny within a couple of hours after putting my makeup on... and I’ve seen so many of my favorite YouTube girls talk about this foundation & how it’s perfect for oily skin. So needles to say, I was looking forward to trying it. After checking the reviews on Influenster as well, I went out and bought it from a drugstore and put it to the test wearing it to work for my overnight shift. I put this foundation on around 10pm as I was getting ready for work, and my first impression was that it made my face look flawless. It was really matte but I mean, the foundation is called “pro-matte” so, no surprise there. Around 4am, which is 5 hours into my shift, I did a makeup check in the bathroom and WOW I was really impressed. I’m usually oily on the nose and forehead/eyebrows around that time with other foundations I have been using. My face still looked amazing after 5 hours of work (keep in mind, i do NOT sit at a desk. I work in nursing & move around a LOT). This foundation honestly looked flawless until my around 11 in the morning when I got home from running around after work. So for 12 straight hours, the foundation stayed in place and I only had a couple little shiny/oily areas after about 7/8 hours of wear. I would definitely consider this a 5 star foundation, however, I have to deduct one star because my face does feel a little tight and dry while wearing this foundation. But I mean.. I guess that comes with a foundation that’s so matte. I’m willing to deal with that as long as there are no long term drying effects because i’d rather my face feel a little dry than look like a grease ball. I guess you can’t have it all, right?
Sarah G.
Oak Island, NC
This is my favorite Foundation that I've used in quite some time I use the shade 102 shell beige and I find that it matches my skin tone very nicely the Demi matte finish claim is true it does keep my skin pretty mat for most of the day which is wonderful considering I have very oily skin I do find by the end of my work day which is sometimes 9 to 10 hours that it doesn't look quite as wonderful as it did when I first applied it which is to be expected however it does claim that has 24 hour foundation so I think it should look a little better than it does with a powder however it does last long enough for me to make it through the day without looking too horrible and I would rather use this liquid foundation and have it look a little not so wonderful at the end of the day then just to use a straight up powder foundation so I definitely would recommend it it's basically the only foundation I've been using in 2018
Sincere L.
MADISON, GA
While I did not explore the 24 hour wear test as that is simply wayyy to long for anyone to be wearing a foundation, I did however wear this foundation for at least 8 - 10 hours. I have oily-combination skin that is quite relentless on the oil production. I am constantly blotting and resetting my powder throughout the day - so when I say I was shocked by the lack of a need to do either of those things, I truly mean it. Around the 5 hour mark I did have a slight glow to my complexion but nothing compared to how my skin usually looks around this time. I would also like to note, I am a glasses wearer so the pads of my glasses did leave an imprint on the sides of my nose, but majority of foundations I wear do tend to rub off first in that area. I didn't find it to smudge off completely though, which is a huge plus! Honestly, this foundation lasted well into the 8th to 10th hour of wear time and probably could have lasted even longer! Around the 10th hour of wear, the foundation started to break up and separate a little around the areas I had touched throughout the day, especially around my nose! The foundation also began settling into my pores around my cheek and forehead area and also started to wear off around my chin area too. However, other than my nose and chin, the foundation held together nicely! My bronzer, blush, and highlight was still visible and wasn't patchy at all! Overall, I highly recommend this foundation!
Natalee K.
Sturtevant, WI
Review for: Classic Tan, Fresh Beige, Sun Beige, Soft Sable more...
When I saw the advertisement for the Infallible Pro-Matte, I decided to try it. I AM IN LOVE! It stays on so much longer, doesn't slide off when I get out in the heat or become splotchy around the time of the day when the oiliness usually appears, because it controls and keeps down the oil. ALSO, if I get caught in the rain, the water doesn't wash it away...as if this foundation is semi-waterproof !!!!!! I have even slept in full makeup (shame on me, I know) and when I woke up, my make up looked just as it did when I put it on the night before! I have never worn a liquid foundation that has achieved every benefit I was looking for and wanting in a foundation. I originally bought the natural beige 105 and it was a little too dark for my skin tone so I bought the shell beige 102 . The 102 blends in and matches flawlessly, and if I want a little more color ( like a natural bronzer with out the shimmer), I'll add a few drops of the 105 to the 102 and voila! Still blends in and matches seamlessly and picture ready! I even still use my Loreal mineral powder foundation as a finishing powder to "set" my make up and touch up throughout the long days, yet most the time, I do not even need to powder my face afterwards because this foundation stays on and stays true to how it looks after first applying it in the mornings. Without a doubt it lives up to it's advertisement. Since it is a Demi-matte, I appreciate it even more. Years of dealing with the embarrassment of combo-skin, my face always having some kind of sheen to it, I am greatful to have found a foundation that delivers that, yet doesn't make my face look dry like baked clay around the dryer parts around my face. It's as if this makup is perfectly pH-balanced.
Rhonda R.
Hastings, MN
Review for: Natural Buff more...
This is my favorite foundation from the drugstore, hands down. First of all, the tube lasts forever. I bought my first tube about a year ago, and I am just now about to run out. It is so travel friendly, too, since it is in a plastic tube, and I appreciate the squeezy tube applicator as well since it allows you to get out every bit of product. I hate those foundations that come in a bottle without a pump because I have to dump it out on my hand or on my beauty blender, and I'm always scared to travel with it in the event that the glass breaks and foundation gets everywhere. So this one is perfect.
I have oily skin with pretty large pores and quite a bit of acne and acne scars. This foundation covers everything! It is medium to full coverage, but I find that I only need one layer of this foundation to cover everything. I absolutely love the finish it gives, demi-matte which is matte but with a little bit of natural finish so you don't look too dull and flat. I find that this foundation lasts all day, controls my oils, and does not look cakey. I'm still trying to find my perfect shade in this, as the one I got is a little too warm toned and dark for my skin tone. I still used the whole tube of it, which is saying a lot if it's my wrong shade! I just love the finish and coverage it gives that I don't mind putting a little bronzer on my neck to make it blend. I will continue to repurchase this foundation over and over again.
Manee Z.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Natural Beige more...
Although this foundation isn't perfect, it is my favorite! I've bought over 10 bottles of this and it's safe to say I'd repurchase it again.
This foundation is the best for oily skin! My skin is very, very oily. I think "oily" is an understatement. When I wear this, my skin will get oily (nothing will stop it), but it'll look bad after 8 hours I'd say. What I like the most is that it sets quickly, so I don't have to use setting powder. I use it anyway, but I don't have to. The downside to this is that you CANNOT dot it on your face.  It needs to be blended IMMEDIATELY. The coverage is nice and buildable but can emphasize dry patches. It can also emphasize texture if too much is packed on.
Something I don't like about this is that the bottle only last about 1-2 months for me. For $15 a tube, I can just buy a foundation from Sephora that will last at least 3 months. I have done this actually and ended up liking the Loreal formula more lol.
Another pro about this foundation is that it is waterproof! If you don't rub your face though. I've gone swimming in the ocean and pools with this and I've showered with it on because I wanted to wash my hair but keep my makeup, and it doesn't budge if I don't rub it and let it air dry or pat it dry.
A downside is that the foundation oxidizes slightly, sometimes dries my skin out, or will have a harsh line if I under-blended and didn't notice until later. Another thing I noticed with this is that you have to use a good primer underneath if you have large pores or else they are emphasized. I like using the MUFE hydrating primer (despite my oiliness) under this because it prevents dry patches. I can't find a drugstore primer that I like in conjunction with this. Even my friends tell me they notice a difference when I used Rimmel's primer under this as opposed to MUFE.
Overall, I recommend this foundation! It is ole' reliable. I use it when I go to Disneyland, when I'm going on hikes, swimming, or whenever I'm traveling and want to bring something dependable. It is a foundation that you have to play around with! So if you don't like it, try it with a different primer or moisturizer.
Antonina M.
New York
Review for: Classic Tan more...
This is my everyday go to foundation. I use shades 109 classic tan and 108 caramel beige. 108 in my triangle area (where I would apply concealer.) and 109 around the rest of my face. I have dry skin, so I moisturize and prime well before hand. I really like that it dries to an almost powder finish and I don't FEEL the make up sitting on my skin. It's a Medium to full coverage, depending on what beauty applicator you use. I would say it is long lasting. I've never had any issues with this product and it would be great for people with oily skin. For those like myself with dry skin, make sure you moisturize/prime before using it because without prep it may cling to your dry patches. Overall this is definitely my favorite drug store foundation. I will use it for an everyday look or even full glam. You can really go either way with this foundation.
Heather B.
Eagle Grove , IA
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I’m always skeptical when it comes to drugstore foundation, but a skeptic I am no more. This foundation exceeded every expectation that I had, and then some! Amazing coverage, fantastic price, and some fab staying power make this a must have. It was recommended to me by a friend who uses it for bridal makeup occasionally, and I trust her recs, and she didn’t fail me! Want some amazing foundation on a budget? Look no further. Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow KitYounique Moodstruck Epic MascaraL'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation
Kim O.
Review for: Natural Beige more...
After hearing countless reviews of this foundation on Youtube, and being kind of hesitant to purchase it since it is more expensive for a drugstore foundation, I finally bit the bullet and got it. Let me just say... I am in love. This is probably one of the best if not the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. It gives me a flawless finish. It is not cakey and doesn't feel heavy on my face. It makes my skin look smooth and doesn't enhance any texture or anything. I used the tiniest bit of setting powder with this, and honestly, it doesn't really need it unless you have super oily skin. I highly recommend this foundation. I am pretty cheap when it comes to trying new things, and I would definitely repurchase this once I run out. In fact, I went ahead and bought a shade lighter for when I start to lose my tan after summer. RUN don't WALK to your nearest drugstore to get this!!
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
Review for: Natural Beige more...
I use L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro Glow Foundation at first and I decided to give L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation a try and honestly I used it ones and never used it again . The matte look on me really doesn't look good . I'm more liking the pro glow that gives me more natural look . This makes my face look so cakey and notnto mention I hate how dry it made my skin after even one time use .. so I won't be buying it again it may be nice for others but not my preference..
Angela M.
Derby, KS
Is this foundation good for oily skin types? Good coverage?
Lorena J.
Hollywood, FL
How many hours can this product last? Is this full coverage and is it good for oily skin?
Sabina S.
Does this foundation give a drying feel to the skin as it is so matte?
Kathy M.
Coachella , CA
I have this foundation and I was wondering what is the best way to apply it, I've tried a real techniques sponge and a real techniques buffing brush but it looks really cakey on me . Please help I would really appreciate it
Taylor M.
Frankfort, KY
How long does this foundation last for oily skin with pores?