Nicole R.
Nicole R.
Vancouver, BC
My family and I have been happily testing out the Hair Expertise, Extraordinary Oil line for about a week now and we have nothing but good things to say. The product is light, super hydrating, and as a added plus delicious smelling. In addition, the packaging is nice and clean. It's easy to open and get the product out.

I was initially worried that the products might be too heavy for my fine hair, which tends to get quite oily with a heavy conditioner. But I found that it offers a very airy hydration as opposed to a heavy one, and that especially with the Canadian winter and dryness, works exceptionally well.

Shampoo
- Smells fantastic (like a warm, cinnamon, fruity smell)
- Has a creamy medium lather, and easily coats hair
- Rinses out easily, and leave hair feeling clean but not stripped of natural oils

Conditioner
- Also has a lovely smell
- Creamy consistency, applies easily
- Easy to rinse out and leaves hair feeling moisturized and soft
- Did not leave my hair feeling heavy

Mask
- My absolute favorite - smells like heaven
- Super luxe and applies wonderfully *SUPER Nourising.
- Can feel the difference in hair after use
- Also rinses out well

Post Wash, and after using this line for a couple of days I can tell you that it does make a difference. Your hair feels softer and tamer. My ends are significantly less frizzy, and I have a nice shine to my hair. I feel that with even longer use, you can get a beautifully hydrated mane using this line especially for the price. I now understand why my hair stylist has stated many times that if you are going to go for a drugstore line, go L'oreal as their store line products have very similar ingredients to their salon line.

The only reason I cannot give this five stars, and I believe that this is specifically for my thin and darker hair is that the line will not add volume which I find is sometime needed in my hair, and if you use the conditioner and shampoo and THEN the mask, it's a little too much hydration and your hair feels oily quite quickly out of the shower. My sister, who has also been using this line, has thick hair and does not have these same issues - so testing out what works for you is key.

That being said, I highly recommend this line by L'oreal and I am thrilled to have been able to test it out. Will definitely be trying some of the other Hair Expertise products in the near future!