BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #52 in Leave-In Conditioner

EverPure Cleansing Balm from L’Oreal is a sulfate-free conditioner that transforms into a gentle cleanser for those with color-treated hair. This low-lather balm is a full haircare regimen in one step. It cleans, conditions, treats, detangles, softens and adds shine. Keeps color shiny so hair looks and feels healthy. No stripping. No fading.

• Which one of thes products should I use ? I don't have color treate...1 Answers
  • I have bright red colored hair and I am kinda iffey on this product...1 Answers
  • I have been wanting to try this product out. I have very dry damage...1 Answers
Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.
First some background--

I have SUPER THICK healthy hair with minimal wave. I have some breakage at my ends from some color treatments, but all in all my hair isn't particularly oily or dry. I wash my hair every 2-3 days depending on if I'm going to be seen in public or not (HA!), but when I do I use a salon brand shampoo (expensive) and Loreal's leave in hair mask (great affordable product). This works well for me and despite high temperature blow drying and styling-- my hair is pretty O.K.

Enter Hair Care Expertise EverPure.

I was excited to try this product for free via Influenster for my unbiased review-- I've been looking for a product for my boyfriend who has long hair with super damaged ends from him ripping out his ponytail holders. When I first applied this to my hair (recommends 6-10 pumps?!) I didn't feel great about it. First it didn't detangle my wet hair enough to disperse it evenly throughout my hair--I also questioned how much extra I should use so it felt like I had adequate coverage....the whole bottle? I let it sit the recommended wait time and massaged out thoroughly to "shampoo". There is no lather or even the super slick feeling of conditioner. Not feeling great about how clean my hair is at this point. I rinse thoroughly in hopes that some magic has transpired and my super thick hair is clean. I start to dry my hair as normal, splitting into sections and blowing out with a round brush. Nope--oily at the roots. I abandon the blowdryer and throw my hair into a bun and save the re-wash for later.

Takeaways:
• Ideally this product would be amazing for someone without problem hair--if it did what it needed to.
• This is only one formulation, perhaps it works better for people with thinner or dry hair.
• Potentially use this product at the beach to perfect beach boho hair
• Smells AMAZING
Bridgette M.
Bridgette M.
Panama City, FL
OMG!!! So I picked this product up a few days ago in a emergency pinch! I am traveling to the UK and needed to bring a sulfate free shampoo with me just incase! I have always been a huge fan of Loreal! They never let this girl down! Anyways I used to use their Solon grade products about ten years ago and lately they have had some what seems to be the same products on the drug stairs shelf... Holly ark Angels! This stuff is like magic! So first of all... I have very frizzy curly coarse hair! It's insanity! But I get a Brazilian blow out 3 to four times a year to help manage the Cruz because I live in Florida! I used this product after 5 days no wash my hair was actually greasy and it is rare that it ever gets that way!!! This product left my hair super clean and it was not tangled and it blew dried in 16 minutes... My hair is to my waist.. It stayed soft and tangle free all day... Everyone at work kept asking me if I did something different! I am in love with this product!
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
Shrewsbury, MA
I have rather short hair that has a weird variety of textures thanks to chemo. Straight, curly, fine, thick. It's also currently dyed a mixture of turquoise and dark blue, a mermaid shade. I colored it two weeks ago and it was already fading making me re color it. When I recolored it, I picked up this cleansing balm to try instead. Here's my review with bullets:
*good amount of product for the price. I paid $9.99, but have seen it as low as $8.99 pre coupons at Target since then.
*Pleasant smell - really like the clean rosemary mint scent
*does not leave hair weighed down or greasy - I'm surprised that it feels so clean considering I'm not taking shampoo to my hair! I was really expecting it to feel greasy!
*leaves hair soft and my curly sections are curly instead of frizzed out

End decision: glad I bought it and am using it daily. It feels good on my hair and leaves it soft and smooth. No weighed down or greasy feeling, and smells great!
Sheri N.
Sheri N.
First of all, 6 in 1?! Sounds too good to be true right?
Well actually, in certain ways, it actually is super beneficial.
Ideally, this product claims to "cleanse" and "condition" along with 4 other claims that actually do work. But are you supposed to use this after shampooing, or is it a substitute for shampoo? I substituted this as my shampoo and I did not like how it made my roots feel afterwards. It was oily, greasy, and sticky, and after blow drying to "fix" my roots, I couldn't.
Howeverrrrr, for my ends, this is a really GREAT conditioner. It smells AMAZING and it'll do everything it claims to do.... for your ends.
Sooo basically, use this as a conditioner and not as a shampoo, because if you have thicker hair at the roots and finer hair ends, then it won't work as well up there.

I've been using this everyday nonstop as a conditioner for a week now and I love it for its condition purposes.
Aurora R.
Aurora R.
Highland, CA
I've been using Wen on my short, fine, thinning hair for 2 years. Loved it. I get my graying hair colored every 6-8 weeks. The Wen really helped keep the color in and conditioned beautifully. BUT - it's really expensive. The L'Oreal EverPure cleansing balm is giving me the same results as Wen - my hairdresser confirmed it. I apply it same as Wen (even using less product with L'Oreal). At end of my shower I rinse it out thoroughly with warm water. I think the important thing is to rinse it THOROUGHLY! Leaves my hair clean, and feeling healthy and strong. I love the fragrance. If the fragrance is too strong for you, you may not be rinsing it out thoroughly enough. I only need to cleanse it every other day like I did with Wen. But the L'Oreal only costs $9 at my local market for 16.9 oz bottle - a mere fraction of what Wen costs. So for now, I'm done paying too much for Wen and switching to L'Oreal.
Amy V.
Amy V.
Canyon Cntry, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Used it for the first time the other day and this line from L'oreal Never disappoints. I was so happy when I found out I was getting this cleansing balm. Everything this product advertises does exactly what it says it helps cleanse my hair making it feel clean and fresh. It conditioned my hair and made it super smooth and easy to brush after showering. It treats my hair making less breakage from happening and keeps my coloured hair looking fresh. Detangles again making it easier to brush out. and gives me amazing shine and the smell AMAZING, so relaxing! I would definitely recommend this product to ever has colour treated hair if you don't they have other cleasning balms for any hair type!! Really would love to try out more from this line I CAN'T GET ENOUGH! :)
Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.
Fort Worth, TX
I got this from influenster and absolutely LOVE it. My hair feels so much softer once it dries compared to using traditional shampoo and conditioner. It has a strong scent of mint and Rosemary though so if you're sensitive to smell you might not like this but I personally love it and the smell stays in the hair forever, I was getting so many compliments that my hair smelled nice. Whenever you apply it it doesn't foam up like a normal shampoo would so it's not drying out your hair. It also tingles as you massage into your scalp which feels awesome. Overall I love this, cant say enough good about it. I'm a natural brunette and now I have all blonde hair and I can already tell just after a few uses that my hair does not look or feel as damaged.
Paige B.
Paige B.
I received this from influenster to try. I was thrilled that it's a vegan product, and for colored hair, since mine has been processed several times recently. I was skeptical of it replacing a shampoo, and after using it I still feel like I would use this only as a conditioner. I like that the formula is light and creamy, not thick like other conditioners, but I think that because it's meant to do so many things, it makes it hard to completely rinse out of the hair and it does leave hair feeling a little heavy. Since my hair is colored and thick, I usually don't wash it until every second or third day, but I felt the need to wash it sooner after using this. I think I will continue to use this, but use it with a shampoo as well.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Utica, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Absolutely obsessed with this product already! Influenster let me try it out and I am not the least bit disappointed. The smell is fantastic during use and well after. I love how simple it is and all the benefits it has for my super color treated hair. I'm extremely fussy about what I use in my hair because I have a lot of texture and I still want my volume as usual and this product is perfect. My hair feels and looks amazing today and its not flat or lifeless from straightening life other products leave my hair. This is honestly true to form and they are advertising a product that works even better than intended. I can't wait to use it more to see the results and try more products from this line!
Danielle N.
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I actually love this product. At first I was kinda iffy about using it because I didn't know if it would work being that I don't have colored hair. It did the job! My natural hair is curly and it tangles when washing, but when using this product it detangled my hair. I knew the product was working because it was tingling on my scalp, the rosemary scent is breathtaking. My hair is shiny, bouncing... The product's consistency is thick so it's worth it, totally not watered down! I recommend everyone use this if they love a product that does everything in one wash!
M P.
M P.
Glens Falls, NY
I would like to try this. What does everyone think of it?
Adelayda S.
Adelayda S.
Medley, FL
I just want to know if is too oily, because I sweat a lot and it will be a very big problem for me?
Jessie H.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have highlighted (heavy highlights with bleach) hair. Been highlighting my hair for 15 years and only do it every 6 months. The last two times I have had my hair highlighted it is so dry from root to ends that I just wear it up in a bun all the time. My scalp is so dry I have chunks of dry patches even though the bleach never actually touches my scalp. My question is: I want to use one of the loreal 6 in 1 balms but not sure which one to use as I have naturally curly hair, it's also frizzy, dry and very porous. Should I use the one for curly hair or one of the other two to treat the dry and frizz as well as maintain my highlights? I can wear my hair curly or straight very easy so it's not so curly that it can't be blow dried straight. Please help my hair is awful!
Naomi C.
Naomi C.
titusville, fl
Beauty Junkie Expert
Very interested in trying this product because I color & use an InStyler. In the last few months my seem dry & brittle.
Rachel  R.
Rachel R.
Lompoc, CA
Will this be good for my daughter that is mix racial?