BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #27 in Shampoo

5 problems. 1 solution. Hair feels strong, healthy.

Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo helps repair the five visible signs of damaged hair. The results?

• 1) Rebuilt fibers

• Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract
  • Tocopherol

Reviews (2062)
Britt M.
This line, along with the conditioner and mask has truly saved my hair from the brink of disaster. These products work just like salon products, maybe even better! My hair felt so smooth and glossy. I used this when my hair was super long and fairly fried, and I was planning on donating my hair. I didn’t want to give away hair in awful condition, and after us so big this my hair was silky and healthy, despite not cutting my hair (minus maybe one trim) for an entire year. Thank you L’Oréal, I donated my hair in great condition thanks to you!
Jessica H.
Bonham, TX
I tried Loreal's Elvive Damage Erasing Balm and got good results. I decided to give the Elvive Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner a try. Unfortunately, I did not get the same great results I was hoping for. I tried the shampoo and conditioner for 2 weeks. The duo did make my hair stronger. They did not make my hair more silky. My hair feels significantly less silky than before I started using these products. I will continue to use the balm, but I'm going to pass on the shampoo and conditioner in the future.
Irines G.
Indianapolis, IN
Para mi esta linea completa de l'oreal paris ha sido buenisima la utilizo actualmente y me va de maravilla deja mi pelo super celoso solo se debe controlar porque puede ser algo grasosa pero utilizando una cantidad adecuados queda perfecto tengo pelo natural y muy largo y esta linea me va muy bien. Me gustaria seguir conociendo mas de sus productos y precio super bueno.
Nina T.
Los Angeles
 This is my favorite shampoo because it leaves my hair soft and with a great smell. I also love when my hair air drys after washing it with this shampoo because it leaves me with the perfect waves and super soft. People always compliment my hair saying it looks healthy and ask how I get my waves like that. I tell people always it's the shampoo because if I use another brand I don't get the same look. Reccomend this shampoo. It makes my hair look healthy and great.
Becky S.
I give this 5 stars, especially for being a drug store shampoo. I have long, fine, thick, super straight hair with some colour damaged from going blonder. This shampoo gave me noticeable results after the first time I used it. Well to be honest, I washed my hair twice in the same shower as I always do but that counts as 1 use to me.
I noticed softer hair and less flyaways immediately. I used the matching conditioner but didn't find a need for leave in conditioner which is amazing!
Breanna H.
This is a great, very affordable shampoo when you need some repairing benefits! Back in high school I used this after an at home bleach gone wrong.. (hair literally falling out) I used this along with the mask and it literally saved my hair after once use!!!! This was my go to shampoo for a really long time. I would highly suggest this for damaged hair in need of a pick me up for those on a budget!!
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
This shampoo is the stuff! L'Oréal is my favorite DS brand because they always come with amazing quality! This is one of my all time favorite shampoos... It smells so beautiful & clean, and it absolutely DOES help repair damaged hair. I have naturally wavy hair, and I wear it up in a top knot most days of the week and have for years so I have a lot of breakage! Because of that, when I DO wear my hair down, it looks really frizzy. This shampoo felt like it sealed my hair cuticle, and really smoothed it out. After using it for awhile, I noticed less and less hair breakage. This is an amazing quality shampoo- at that price, there's nothing that can hold a candle to this one!
Emily M.
Brownsville, TX
I reviwed the conditioner that goes along with this and mentioned that i have been trying several shampoo/conditioners at the drugstore but have settled for this duo. I really do feel it makes a difference in my damaged/dry hair and makes it look and healthy/moisturized. I feel really thankful for this product. It is my favorite at the moment and dont see that changing any time soon.
Angel W.
Reidsville
I am on the fence about this shampoo because while it is decently priced and it did make my hair feel silky smooth, I didn't really see any repair being done. It claims to restore up to a years worth of damage but after using the whole thing I saw no difference so I don't think I would repurchase this or recommend it for someone looking specifically for a damage treating shampoo.
Emily C.
Let me start off by saying, I am the most picky person when it comes to personal care, especially my hair care, and it's rare for me to find a inexpensive drugstore brand that actually works, but this is my holy grail shampoo! Most shampoos don't work well with my straight, fine damaged hair and typically cause build up on my scalp, but not this one! Leaves my hair perfectly clean and shiny after every use. I can't say that it helps with damage, but definitely helps with dryness/frizziness. Smells good, lathers up very well (only need a little bit of product.)  I've repurchased this over and over again, as well as other L'Oréal shampoos and they all work great! HIGHLY recommend the whole L'Oréal advanced line. I won't buy anything else from the drugstore.
ayanna c.
Does this product really work?
Genesis Q.
Does it really work? Because I need a repair shampoo for my hair... it's getting dry and I would like to try a new one. Is this good?
Amanda G.
Does this one really work? I have super processed hair.
Shelby P.
Gulfport, MS
I read reviews about hair loss with this product. Anyone have that problem? I have been using it and I like it thus far.
Alexandria B.
Springfield, IL
Can you pair this shampoo with another conditioner of the matching conditioner?