BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

Deeply absorbs oil at the roots. Clay hair mask purifies the scalp. Ultra-fresh, lightweight hair.

For use before shampooing, this one-of-a-kind Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask absorbs oils and impurities right at the scalp, leaving you with long-lasting fresh, beautiful hair.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• I'd really love to try! Any experiences with this so far??? 2 Answers
  • My hair is dry and my my roots are oily, this is really g...1 Answers
Anna L.
Suwanee, GA
Who doesn't love a good clay mask!? And what a brilliant idea to apply the same logic of clay facial skin care to scalp care. I really really wanted to love this product and I gave it ample time to impress me. I also used it with the associated clay balancing shampoo and conditioner. So truly folks...I wanted to love this product and I used it as recommended to the "T". That said... the only honest to god think I can say that I liked about the product was the nice sensation and smell of it. Aside from that it's a very thick solution which makes it difficult to actually get it completely past your hair and evenly coat your scalp. You have to use a significant amount especially if you have long or thick hair (I have both). You go through the product rather quickly. It also weighed down my hair even when I would shampoo twice after applying it. I did however like the companion shampoo and conditioner...even after I had bleached my hair it still managed to make it look and feel healthy...but it's only mildly effective at balancing the pH of your scalp...so for the purpose it's supposed to serve it would not be on my list of recommended products.
Megan H.
Richardson, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Where has this scalp mask been all my life?! I was so excited to try it when I came across it at Walmart. I have always struggled with an oily scalp and roots, but my hair is very fine and I hate damaging and overdrying it by washing it every day. This product is exactly what I've been needing to balance out my hair issues. The tub it comes in is a decent size for this price and the product lasts a long time. I use it once or twice a week, and it only goes on your scalp, not your hair, so it doesn't take too much. As soon as I apply the mask my scalp feels so nice and refreshed and soothed at the same time. I love it! I also liked the shampoo and the balancing conditioner from this line, but the mask seems to work fine with my hair even when I use a different shampoo/conditioner. I haven't noticed it being hard to rinse out weighing my hair down. I really like this mask, I just wish maybe the formula could be a thinner texture so that it can spread more easily underneath my hair and onto the scalp.
Avery O.
Note: I have hair of normal thickness, with very oily roots in which dry shampoo can't even save me on day two, dry ends, and live in a home with well water.
This product hasn't solved all of my hair problems, and I may in the future switch to a different mask, but my hair feels significantly less heavy after using it which is wonderful. I presently need a moisturizing mask for my ends, as this does dry them out if I don't use a mask for them, but for my roots this works wonders.
Sirena R.
This greatly reduced the amount of oil on my head. I can't do dry shampoos and this did the trick. My hair didn't even look greasy after 4 days of not washing it.
The only thing is applying the product is pretty tedious. I try to minimize the amount I use to have it last longer by only applying it on my scalp and not the rest of my hair strands, so I'm moving chunks of my hair around a lot with tiny dabs of product on my index and middle finger trying to rub it in evenly. Even with so little product, it works great. Rinsing out the clay mask isn't bad either. I get no chunks, just soft feeling hair even before shampooing.
Overall, I'm glad to have found a product that works. I don't use the shampoo of the same line, only because it isn't SLS free. But the clay mask is good for me!
Deborah T.
Toms River, NJ
Do you have a kid that doesn't wash their hair well? A pre teen or teenager? This has helped so much.  I glob it into her roots and let it sit per directions. They will have to spend the extra time really washing their hair to get it all out..  Finally my kid comes out withba clean head.  The smell is very minty but it does what it says. Absorbs oil on the scalp. We use it about once a week maybe 2 and the oil production has actually slowed down. She was able to skip a day with the clay shampoo because this worked so well.  I wish it was around when I was a kid.  I had the same greasy hair problems. To this day I still have to shampoo daily unless I am in salt water. In between thia treatment we also baking soda our hair to remove build-up and oil. Winning combination!
Shasha S.
Lora C.
I was not impressed with this treatment. It did not improve my oily scalp enough to make up for the way it left the texture of my hair. It denied my ends out and made it difficult to comb through. I had high expectations for this treatment as I adore the amazonian clay shampoo and conditioners.
Madeline S.
Forest Park, IL
Overall I like this product, I think it does what it says. The only problem that I had with it was after continued use it almost made my hair too dry, and I have extremely oily hair. So I would beware of that! The product smells amazing and I would recommend it
Christina N.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have oily oily hair! So i have to shower everyday or it looks like i jumped in a pool of grease! However, washing your hair everyday is bad/damaging. So you see my dilemma... up until i receive the complementary shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask from influenster! It changed my life!! This hair mask really does work!! I use it twice a week and I can go a day without washing my hair and not looking like a complete grease monkey! I have recommended this product to everyone and their mama’s who have oily hair. So if you have oily hair... run and get this bad boy!
Merritt M.
Prairie Vlg, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I purchased this product for my teenage daughter, who after showering and drying her hair still looked like it was wet. I was desperate but not willing to spend a fortune....this is what I found after reviews and not only do I love it but it totally helps with her oily teenage hair. Great value for product and in combo with the shampoo I am sold for the future too.
Alexa K.
How often do you guys use this ?
Kaitlyn H.
Is it easy to use? The word clay makes it seem a little tricky to apply, but I would love to help my oily roots out.
Ashley R.
Pittsburgh, PA
How is this product? Was it any more useful than just using normal shampoo alone?
Crystal Y.
Harrisburg, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Does any one know where you can buy this line? I haven't been able to find it anywhere!
Ryan M.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this product help clean your scalp and get rid of buildup?

Walmart