BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #13 in Scalp Treatments

Deeply absorbs oil at the roots. Clay hair mask purifies the scalp. Ultra-fresh, lightweight hair.

For use before shampooing, this one-of-a-kind Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask absorbs oils and impurities right at the scalp, leaving you with long-lasting fresh, beautiful hair.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• I'd really love to try! Any experiences with this so far??? 2 Answers
  • My hair is dry and my my roots are oily, this is really good for ...1 Answers
Jessica W.
Greensboro, NC
L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay was super good to me! I used this over the Christmas holiday and of course, I #GotItFree !!! with Influenster's Vox Box! I was blown away that I received these full size products FOR FREE! Thank you Influenster and L'oreal! Although I did receive these products for free, this will be my honest review. The first time I used the Clay mask followed by the Shampoo and Conditioner, it worked wonders! My hair needed that detox! The mud mask is thick and creamy and is to be applied to the roots, left for 5 minutes and then rinsed. I did the #48 hour challenge and my hair stayed beautiful and clean-looking for the next 2 days from the Eve of Christmas Eve to Christmas day. It was hard not to wash my hair, but I had beautiful results! I think this system is best used once a week or every other week to achieve the same amazing and beautiful results, rather than at every wash. The system legitimately left me with lots of natural volume at the roots and shine in the body! You can literally notice the difference of the weight from all of the environmental gunk after it's gone! Your hair is bouncy and weightless at the roots! So all in all, I thought the system was awesome and was super grateful to be able to try it! Thank you!
Lisa P.
Nashua, NH
I am in awe by this mask. I have never tried a Pre Shampoo Mask before so it was interesting to apply this to dry hair before Shampooing. It feels weird to the touch applying it to dry hair, but I believe it really made all the difference. My hair was so much softer, smoother, and shinier after using this line. I did use all 3 products together but I felt that this was the hero product. The prices are affordable and they can be found at most stores but if you only want to try one of these products, and not the whole line, I would highly suggest checking out this Clay Mask!

This line works best for people with Oily Roots and Dry Ends which is my problem. It says you do not need to wash again for 48 hours, but I felt the need to wash again at 36. However, since 36 hours was in the middle of my day, I did not wash again until the 48 hour mark. I felt it kept my roots less oily than usual though. Overall, my hair felt and looked smoother, softer, and shinier.
Koko L.
Las Vegas, NV
I was very cautious using this product, but I ended up liking it. I have been going through hair issues due to health issues. My scalp mainly just seem to be consistently irritated and itchy. I recently had braids, and braids and my oily scalp tend to not get along. I had washed my hair earlier in the week which did not relieve my scalp and caused my hair to matte and tangle. And then, I tried the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Treatment Mask... my scalp thanks L'Oreal. I used the mask on my scalp and a oil/conditioner pre-poo on my strands. I did keep it on longer than the 5 minutes because I usually pre-poo for 30 minutes and then detangle. The chemical composition is the only reason I give it 4 stars, I prefer more natural ingredients (that it just where I am in my hair journey). I highly recommend this product for kinky hair but oily scalp.

**I received this product complimentary for testing and review**
ivon o.
I'm glad I got picked by influenster to try these clay mask for free. I never used hair clay mask before and been looking for a product that can help with the issue. To be honest the clay mask is just not right for me. I did follow what the instructions said. Very easy to apply, I even watched the video on YouTube.
I'm happy that I got to try before buy. I had high hopes from the product because I though it was just the right product for my oily roots and dry ends but the mask didn't meet my expectations. My roots still got oily even before the time is up (48 hrs). It was a fun experience though. After all, it was just sent for free to try and give a honest feedback no matter what the results.
Everyone's hair is different from the others, so this mask might works for you or maybe not but I would recommend to try to get a sample size (if there's any) before committing to a bigger/full size.
Shelby H.
Anderson, SC
I just received this product yesterday and used it last night for the first time. I was uncertain about putting more product in my hair due to bleaching effects and the condition of my hair. I followed the directions and used the hair mask first and left it in for 5 minutes. I was scared when I looked in the mirror because it became chalky and made my hair hard... BUT!!!!! I washed it out like the directions said to and OMG my hair hasn't felt this smooth and soft since I started bleaching 3 months ago. I was afraid I killed my hair forever and would have to get it chopped off to restore it, but thanks to this amazing product my hair feels youthful and happy once again. I definitely recommend this product for damaged or over produced hair. Even on oily heads with fried ends from styling it's a life saver. ❤️
Leann P.
Crawfordsvlle, IN
I received the entire 3-step L'Oréal Clay system free in my Influenster Vox Box. I love the way my hair looks, feels, and smells after using the system. The whole process is a bit time-consuming when you consider putting the clay in your hair, waiting 5 minutes, and the scrubbing required to get the clay out of your hair. I only use the clay once a week now and have seen a lot of improvement in the health of my hair. The only disappointing thing is that I have not noticed my hair being any less greasy after using the clay mask. I kind of expected it to be a magical system that promised 24 hours grease-free hair, but it was not any better than anything else I've tried. I still needed to wash my oily hair the next day. I will still continue to use the system on my hair weekly for hair-health purposes, though!
Erin G.
I recently received this in a voxbox to test and I had such high hopes for it. My hair is very dry at the ends and my scalp gets so oily so quick. I can typically last 18 hours before my hair starts to look greasy but I can feel it before then. The first time I tried the system it worked great! I would have loved a different scent, this one smelled very chemically and made my eyes tear up a little. I didn't have two wash my hair for a day and a half- BIG deal for me. The next time I used the system, I noticed some flaking on my scalp but no biggie. A week later when I tried it, I had more dandruff than I've ever seen, even in a commercial. Overall I think this product is great, but I'll probably hold off on trying it again until it gets a little less dry here!
Magaly O.
Sacramento, CA
The clay mask is a pre-shampoo treatment that is used to help with oily roots. I love using clay products and I was very excited to try this! First of all, getting it on was a little difficult and messy. This mask smells very fresh and a little minty. I applied it and left it on for the recommended time. I washed it off in the shower and followed with the shampoo and conditioner. After using this mask, I did notice that my hair was very clean and did not get oily until the 3rd day. I was my hair twice a week, so this product helps me keep my hair feeling clean longer. My hair also felt soft after using it.
I received this product complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Danielle H.
Rockvale, TN
I received this product in a voxbox to review, and I was SO excited to get the opportunity to use it and review it! However, I did not enjoy this product at all. It felt really good at first, but it made my hair greasy that same day despite the fact that I followed all of the directions on the packaging. The product claims to make your hair stay clean and fresh for 48 hours, but within 6 my hair was a greasy mess, and usually I can get away with not washing it for a day. Also, my entire family complained that the mask stunk up the house and was giving them headaches, and I really did not appreciate that aspect. I hope that this worked for someone else, but it was a huge flop for me.
Lyndley H.
I was hopeful trying out this product because i love trying new things, but i think this product is just not for me. I have normal wavy hair no excess oil but i do suffer from a flakey scabby scalp... and the clay mask just didn't really do anything to help that out. I take pretty good care of my hair and I cut off my split ends but I really do think this product is for somebody who suffers from excessive oil. So I gave it three stars because it's a great product it smells good cute packaging and I'm pretty sure it works for some people just not me. I tested and tried this product for free thanks influencer, opinions are my own.
Kaitlyn H.
Is it easy to use? The word clay makes it seem a little tricky to apply, but I would love to help my oily roots out.
Alexa K.
How often do you guys use this ?
Crystal Y.
Harrisburg, PA
Wellness Guru Expert
Does any one know where you can buy this line? I haven't been able to find it anywhere!
Ashley R.
Pittsburgh, PA
How is this product? Was it any more useful than just using normal shampoo alone?
Lexi M.
Orlando, FL
Can you use this weekly? And how much of an improvement is it by use?