BY FROST & DESIGN #84 in Haircare Sets

Frost & design dramatic hi-precision pull-through cap highlights has a new time-saving formula that leaves you with a delectable swirl of creamy highlights for a sun-kissed glow. The pull-through cap lets you select the exact strands you want lightened so that you can avoid messy mistakes and unwanted results. Choose from two different styling hooks to create subtle or bold highlights. Finish with a toning rinse to infuse hair with extra shine without brassiness. see more...

• Is this platinum ?1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this that has dark brown hair, I've been wanting...1 Answers
  • Is this good to make some lights on hair?1 Answers
Alisha D.
Battle Creek, MI
I have used Loreals Frost & design highlighting kits for quite a few years now. Its most definitely my go-to at home kit. I will say that when you choose to highlight/bleach your hair at home with a pull through cap, its a long LONG process especially if you have long hair like I do. Depending on how much of your hair you want lightend, and if you want some in the back/bottom you may need help from a friend (or in my case my fiance is actually always eager to help me, he's gotten used to it & is really good at it!) Almost every time I use this kit I always end up having to leave the dye in my hair a bit longer than it suggests in the instructions. Normally if it takes too long I will get out the hair dryer & blow hot air on my hair to help speed up the process. One thing that took me a long time to figure out was when I washed the dye out of my hair with the cap still on, it would hurt SO bad to take the cap off because bleach damages your hair and its wet & knotted up. So, I take the conditioner included in the kit and let it sit on the highlighted hair as directed, wash out & the cap glides right off, pain free! I really like that this kit comes with a toner as well in case your hair ends up too brassy/orange. I have never purchased a drugstore highlighting kit before that includes a toner. I always end up with nice cool colored highlights, and people always ask where I had my highlights done & I tell them at home!!! Obviously when it comes to highlighting & dyeing your own hair at home you risk it turning out a totally different color then what you wanted. Its actually something that always ends up happening to me EXCEPT when I use THIS kit. Every time I've bought & used Loreals Frost & Design highlighting kit my hair always turns out perfect!!
Katherine B.
Loganville, GA
I bought this to try and do a color correction on my hair, and I loved it! It did wonders, did my whole head and I have hair about an inch or two past the bottom of my bra and it is really thick. My hair was black and red before and I wanted to go back red! No disappointments! You get everything you need!! And did not cause much damage to my hair at all. Much better then I thought this would be!! The red turned light really quick while the black took a little longer to turn and faded into a light red caramel blond.
Suzanne G.
Southern Pines, NC
I’ve been doing my own highlights for years and this is the first time I can really say that I’m very impressed! I’m not a natural blonde, so normally using a kit my hair would turn into a brassy color but this kit really surprised me, with the “color toning” feature my hair looks just perfect! I normally use a violet shampoo but with this feature I don’t really need it. I’ll definitely buy it again!
Carolyn S.
Folsom, PA
I don't always have the money to go and spend to highlight my hair. I used to be an avid user of the Frost & Glow highlighting kit but on this day I could not find that kit, so I had no choice but to buy this product. I did it in my house that night and from the second I put the cap on my head I knew this product was cheap. It completely fried my head with all the chemicals in the products they give. I had an ok highlight by the time it was over but I am not over how completely frizzed out and knotted my hair was by the end of the process.
Donna S.
Denver, PA
After 1 bad experience in the past, I didn't think I'd ever attempt to highlight my own hair. Due to finances, getting my, long (my hair is past the middle of my back) thick hair done professionally, on a regular basis was no longer an option. I highlight to camouflage my grey hairs without a lot of maintenance. My daughter, she did take cosmology, recommended this product & I'm so very thankful. I've been using this for 3 years, I've never had any issues. I can buy the kit for around $10 vs $100+ at the salon (that was foils but very comparable) , it's very easy to mix & use, the color lasts at least as long as salon, there's plenty of chemicals to do a full highlight & I still throw some away. The cap can be a bit of a challenge but i quickly got used to it. I'm not quick to recommend a product but this is a wonderful kit. I use Carmel not champagne
Maria H.
Elgin, SC
I use this box every time i want to lighten my hair. It’s rare when I use it because I do it like once a year. This past December I used it on my brown hair and it is so pretty. I was actually impressed this time that I used it.
Rachel S.
I have used this to color my hair blonde for years now and I keep going back to it. It works quickly, doesn't look brassy and is easy to paint on. The cap is pretty much useless though unless you have super fine hair.
Mackenzie M.
Boston, MA
Although I now mainly get my highlights done in a salon, I have also done them myself using this kit! Affordable price, and gives gorgeous blonde highlights! I am a natural blonde but this products always manages to brighten and freshen up my look. Tip: to avoid getting red-ish tint highlights, it means you need to keep the color on longer! I sometimes blow dry my hair with the foil in to speed along the process.
Prescilla L.
Okay, let me start off by saying I use this product sort of... impractically. Whenever I want a full head of blonde hair without using bleach, I use this product without the cap. It does not leave your hair brassy or awkwardly colored, instead you get a wonderful light white/blonde. It is my go-to hair coloring product. LOVE. IT.
Keri C.
San Antonio, TX
First time I had my highlights done in a salon and it cost over 200 dollars and my parents were furious (was my 16th birthday present)..After that I thought I would never be able to get highlights again. I cam across Frost & Design at my local grocery store and decided to give it a go. I was nervous about my hair being pulled through the cap and it was pinchy at first but the results were amazing! Everyone was asking where I had my hair done and how much it cost. If you are a little bit more experienced with hair you can use all the chemicals that come with Frost and Design and do foil highlights!
Larissa M.
Port Matilda, PA
Does it hurt to get the cap off? it always pulling my hair out... or am i doing it wrong?
Sarah B.
Lawrenceville, GA
Is this product permanent?
Nyara S.
Havertown, PA
Is this good to make some lights on hair?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this platinum ?
Citlalic K.
Has anyone tried this that has dark brown hair, I've been wanting to get some highlights on my hair but I'm scared it won't work since I dark brown hair