BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Taylor D.
['Edmonton', ''], AB
I have been procrastinating cutting my hair. It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just that I haven’t been able to find a chance. I’ve been calling my hair stylist about once every two weeks to try and book an appointment but she never has a time open that works for me. So, because of this, my hair has grown extremely long. As I have said before in My Favorite Hair Products post, I hate the look of thin, straggly long hair. If I’m going to have long hair, it better not be stringy.
To help my hair look as thick and healthy as possible, I have been using the L’oreal Fibralogy hair care. I can’t even begin to say exactly how much I love this line. It’s perfection. Usually drugstore shampoos aren’t my favorite. I like to splurge on my hair. However, these products do their job extremely well. I was sent the shampoo, conditioner and thickening booster to try out. And can we just take a moment to admire Blake Lively? She’s the face of L’oreal and she couldn’t be more perfect. I have such a girl crush on her. As soon as I opened this package and saw her face, I decided that if my hair looked half as good as hers, I would be extremely impressed with these products. But seriously, Blake Lively is queen and can I please be her?
The L’oreal Fibralogy line includes the shampoo, conditioner and the thickening booster. Both the shampoo and conditioner claim to provide both short term and long term results. They help volumize the hair and help it feel thicker while the special active ingredient, Filloxane, helps to expand hair from the inside and makes it visibly thicker. The other product in the line, the thickening booster, is meant to be used in conjunction with the conditioner as an extra concentrated bonus. This product penetrates and diffuses within the hair fibres, creating substance application after application. Pretty cool right?
When I first heard of the new Fibralogy line, I didn’t really think I would see any of the long term results promised. But, I’m pretty positive that my hair has gotten thicker. Now when I braid it, or put it in a ponytail, my hair looks visibly fuller. Plus, my hair feels healthier than ever even though I’ve procrastinated cutting it for the last couple of months. Oops.
Kate R.
Regina, SK
I have thin, dry, damaged hair. I put a lot of stress on my hair by bleaching it, although I do take good care of it and have taken the bleaching process very slowly. Normally I use salon quality products for my hair. I shampoo twice and condition with a deep conditioner and sometimes use a regular conditioner as a quick rinse after I leave the deep conditioner on for three minutes. My hair tangles very easily so I normally use a very intense conditioner with every shower to counteract the horrible knots that I would otherwise have to deal with after showering. After trying the products, I did notice more volume, which the products claim to do. The shampoo was pretty regular and I have no complaints and no raving opinions of it either. It was perhaps a little drying for my hair needs but what I did really love was how well it lathers. After finding out how well it lathers, I began to only shampoo once because I felt like the first shampoo was effective enough. The conditioner on the other hand is one thing that I would not repurchase. It was not moisturizing enough and my hair was very hard to brush out after showering, especially compared to how easily I can brush my hair using my regular products. I felt like it just sat on top of my hair and then rinsed off rather than really penetrating and moisturizing my hair. The conditioner just did not meet my hair needs. The smell of the products was OK. It’s floral and I usually prefer fruity, and the conditioner smelt better than the shampoo. The products were not moisturizing enough for me even though they gave me volume, and I would pick a healthy silky look over the volumization that these products gave me, so it wasn’t my favorite, but I will definitely use the products when I want something different in my routine or run out of one of my regular products. For my needs, L'Oréal Paris Fibralogy wasn’t the best match, but the products were not bad. Out of everything, the shampoo was my favorite because it really did clean my hair super well. The conditioner was my least favorite. I think that the products would be great for people who need the volume but don’t have problems with dry hair or suffer from frizzy damaged looking ends. It’s cheep enough in stores that it is worth trying if you want volume but don’t want to splurge on salon products. Don’t forget, I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes
Crystal G.
Barrie, ON
THE DEAL: I received these products as part of the Fibralogy VoxBox in April 2015. I've used it 5 times so far (I don't wash my hair everyday because it's already so dry) so, it took me a while to get to 5 washes. The first 2 washes I felt like I noticed thicker hair. It definitely did not go as limp as it usually does by the end of the day.

BOOSTER: I also used this in combo with the BOOSTER. This to me would be a waste of money and just seemed like water. The size of the tube compared to the size of the bottles would probably mean I'd run out before I'm through the bottles. The instructions call for a dime sized amount - but for my long hair, this wasn't enough. I used more than directed so I'm not sure if this had any effect on the overall thickness of my hair. I want to know how it benefits my hair.

SMELL: I enjoyed the smell. It reminded me very much of that typical hair salon smell - sort of as if you've had that awesome blow out smell - I'm sure you know what I mean ladies. Anyways, it wasn't strong enough that it was off putting and did have hints of a perfume smell. It's not overpowering like some brands can be.

COST: While this was a gracious sample for FREE, I went to a couple local stores to see what the price of these products were. They're roughly anywhere from $4-9/Canadian. Not a terrible price. I can live with that especially if over time I am supposed to notice thicker hair.

END RESULTS: While I believe my hair did seem thicker, especially on the first day I did notice it wasn't as easy to run my fingers through my hair. I've got a habit of playing and twirling my hair and often found tangles and an almost waxy like substance in my hair - this was more towards the end of the day. On day 2 it was also less manageable due to tangles and additional build up of that waxy substance. Overall, I liked the smell, and the thought of getting thicker hair - even if just for a day. I would probably not buy this product again right away but would consider it again down the road. I would not buy the booster as I felt like it didn't do anything for my hair thickness and it's more of an extra "Money Grab" - Can't blame me for wanting to save a little bit of money! I would recommend to friends because everyone is different - they may experience different results than myself. Everyone should try something at least once - otherwise you won't know if it works. Thanks Influenster for letting me try!

3 out of 5 stars!
Beatričė D.
Kaunas
So I'm all about honesty, right? I've used quite a few times L'oreal Paris products - makeup, skincare and hair products. Their makeup is really good, skincare is lit, but their shampoos and other hair products, well, not so much for me tbh. It made my hair frizzier than it is. But maybe it's just me. On the bright side, they have a long lasting aroma and I looove how my hair smells for the next two days till I have to wash again. 😚
Suzan L.
Almonte, Ontario
I received this product line free from Influenster, and while I am thankful for the opportunity to test and review these products, I cannot say that they were beneficial to my hair. In fact, I had to stop using these products after two nights. I used the products as directed, I found the serum very hard to work through my hair, so I added it with the conditioner. My hair was a tangled mess after rinsing the conditioner out. May hair kept tangling up as I dried it, even more so than it usually tangles. I was left with fizziness and this strange puffiness on the bottom half of my mane. Upon waking, my hair, which usually tames down through the night ( except in the summer when it is humid) was an absolute disaster, leaving me having to tie it back for the majority of the day. I wish I could give a better review, but this line simply is not for me. For the record, I have very fine, long uncoloured and unprocessed brown hair. I am not sure if there is protein in this line but if there is, that may be my problem. My hair doesn't do very well with the majority of proteins they add to so many shampoos and conditioners as of late, it severely damages my hair, which is why I stopped using it after two uses. I felt the same thing happening all over again. This line does smell amazing, however. So yeah, I can't say I saw any thickening, but, in all fairness, I only was able to use it a few times, and if puffiness and fizziness indicate "thickness" than I'd rather have my fine, wavy hair.
Thank you, Influenster, for the chance to try this product, I wish it would have worked out better.
Alisa K.

Status
Photo / Video
Life Event
News Feed
Alisa Angelina wrote a new note: L'Oréal Paris Fibralogy Product Review.
10 mins ·
L'Oréal Paris Fibralogy Product Review

L'Oréal Paris Fibralogy: A Product Review!

"Bleach it," I always tell the hairstylist. "But that will make your hair so coarse!" she always replies. "You call it coarse, I call it thick!" I always insist, with a professional smile, followed by a that's what she said.

Since the beginning of time, my hair has been thin, but luckily, I have lots of it. I don't like to overload it with too many hair products, and prefer to keep my regime simple: shampoo, conditioner, de-tangler. Recently, however, I was lucky enough to receive a l'Oréal Paris Fibralogy Vox Box to test this new product that promises to make your hair thick. What's different about it is that in-between the shampooing and conditioning, you put a serum in your hair that really seals the thickness deal. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical because I've tried a lot of products before, and I would hate to write an entire review about how much a product sucks, but I would also never lie. However, I'm excited to report I was not disappointed!

Step 1 is the shampoo part...pretty standard. You just lather and rinse as per usual...

Step 2 is to apply a dime sized amount of the thickening booster. This is really the activating agent. Leave it in (do not rinse out!) and then you're ready for Step 3...And Step 3 is business as usual: a nice dollop of conditioner. Lather, give it a few minutes to do its thang, and rinse!

I haven't used an 'adult' hair line in a long time. Most of my stuff, as you probably noticed in previous blogs, is fruit scented or is tear-free for babies. The Fibralogy line smells like something a woman in her late twenties should use- grown-up and elegantly fragranced.

It was a sad day before I received my Vox Box. It was a sad day because my hair was flat and thin.

After washing my hair with the shampoo, and treating it with the booster and conditioner, I blow dryed it quickly and...holy moly! I was really impressed by how sleek my hair felt, without any other product in it, and without needing to even be straightened after. It just sort of perfectly fell into place. It certainly felt thicker, and so, so, so voluminous that I didn't know what to do with it. I absolutely loved it, and loved that I didn't need to do anything else to amp it up afterwards...

For a lower cost product, you really can't beat this one: it really does what it claims to do, and with only one extra step in your simple hair care routine.
sara b.
Hello I am here for everyone I love this product, I love all the products of this company if you allow me to review this product I would be grateful to you.  my name is sara  and I have a channel on YouTube with a large number of views i have 500 followers in my instagram and i hope to have this
Maria C.
Sittingbourne, Kent
I LOVE their shampoo and conditioner. My hair is naturally curly so I don't brush it in the day as I would end up looking like Hagrid, a frizzy mess... When I wash my hair with this it helps de-tangle my hair without having to brush it straight away. Leaves your hair smelling so good, conditioner leaves you with silky, smooth, frizz free hair! L'Oréal Paris Fibralogy Shampoo and Conditioner
Denise L.

At first I didn't think much of this shampoo and just thought it's another shampoo claiming to make fine hair thicker. But, after using daily with the matching conditioner for about a month, I really started to notice a difference as my hair certainly feels thicker and has more body! It's the first thickening shampoo to actually make a difference so I'm definitely going to continue purchasing!
Amy R.
Sudbury, ON
I use to have super thick hair with lots of body, but the past few years, my hair has become thin and very fine. I was really excited for opportunity to try the Fibrology line and see if it could add some life to my hair. First impression is the smell is amazing! The process was easy enough - shampoo, then add the booster to your hair and without rinsing add the conditioner on top. The shampoo had a good lather and again, smelt amazing. The booster seemed a little watery, and I couldn't really tell if I used enough for my very long hair. The conditioner was thick and was easy to get coverage over all my hair. I followed the directions carefully and after my first use, I could feel a difference in my hair. It was very soft and did feel slightly thicker. I always wash my hair at night and dry it out and style in the morning and when I did, I did notice my hair had more body to it. I don't wash my hair too often but I did notice the body lasted between washes. After a few weeks of use, I can see a difference but at this point, it seems to have plateaued. But I'm still impressed with how my hair looks and I love the extra body. I wish that there was a colour safe version of this as I am planning a hair colouring soon so Ill have to put this system on the shelf for a little while.

The only complaint I had was about the bottle the booster was in. I accidentally left the cap slightly off one day and half of it leaked out of the bottle on the side of my tub. Maybe its because it was very liquidy but think maybe a different design could avoid that.

Overall I'm super impressed and I will definitely purchase this product in the future and would recommend to anyone who is looking to add some body to their fine hair.

*I received these products complimentary from Influenster to review*
Claire R.
Is this okay for oily-prone hair?
Geneva  R.