L'Oréal Paris Excellence HiColor
L'Oréal Paris Excellence HiColor
By L'Oréal Paris
Tamar M.

I have black dyed hair. I want a liitle change and thought about the red highlights at tge bottoms of my hair. will this work on my hair, or do I need to bleach first? ( I wanted to get bright red ombre/highlights)

Dani C.
Dani C.
Queen creek, AZ
1 year, 4 months ago
Color cannot lift color. So you have to use bleach
Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.
Frankfort, KY
1 year, 10 months ago
You don't have to bleach it with this color but you definitely are going to want to use a 40 developer to have a vibrant red but if looking for an bright bright red then its best to strip the black hair dye first with a stripping kit.
Salem, VA
1 year, 11 months ago
You can use a developer with this. My hair was dyed dark brown and with a developer it turned very vibrant. If you have root growth i recommend a lower developer that you use on the lengths or they with end up brighter. But, you do not need to bleach first.
Salem, VA
1 year, 11 months ago
You c
Hannah R.
Hannah R.
Vista, CA
2 years ago
I thought the same thing, however I did not bleach my hair and it came out very vibrant, I have had it for a couple moths now and it is still visible and has not faded very much.
Nina G.
Nina G.
2 years ago
You might have to bleach your hair if you want a true red color. If you just put this on your dark hair it will leave more of a tint.